The girl who cried wolf (R ra...

By misspiggy88

When Mia's mother is killed she dicovers she is not quite human, she's half Lycan. Rescued by the family she... More

The girl who cried wolf: Prologue
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter One
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Two
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter three
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter five
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter six
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter seven
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Eight
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter nine
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Ten
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter eleven
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twelve
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirteen
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Fourteen
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Fifteen
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Sixteen
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Seventeen
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Eighteen
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Nineteen
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-one
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-two
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-three
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-four
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-five
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-six
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-Seven
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-eight
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Twenty-nine
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirty
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirty-one
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirty-two
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter thirty three
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirty four
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirty five
The girl who cried wolf: Chapter Thirty six
The girl who cried wolf: Epilogue
Follow me and see into my world Social media links

The girl who cried wolf: Chapter four

11.7K 291 1
By misspiggy88

Chapter four

     I laid on my bed and stared up at the ceiling. My head was spinning with everything that had happened today. The sensation that raced through me when Luca’s body brushed against mine. My new found confidence and the attention I received because of it. The unsettling feeling deep in my core when Wyatt ran his fingers through my hair. It was an emotional over load. I began to wonder what all of this would have felt like if I was a full Lycan, since the others had said that your emotions and senses were a hundred times stronger. It didn’t bare thinking about; I don’t think my mind or body could take it. Even though part of me longed to know, no, to be like the others another part was glad I escaped it. Although some things would be great, the mind link for example. As I laid there I decided to give it go, to test it, to see if I could do it. I closed my eyes and tried to clear my confused mind. I concentrated as hard as I could, still not entirely sure how this worked.

     “Hello. Is anybody there?” I thought and wasn’t too surprised when I heard nothing in return.

Keeping my eyes closed I let out a big sigh and decided to go to sleep for a while. I hoped that maybe when I woke up I would feel a bit better. I turned over onto my side, got myself comfortable and tried to go to sleep. As I started to feel myself drift off I started to hear something, I started to hear voices in my head. So many voices. They started of quiet and got louder and louder, I felt like my head was going to explode as they got louder still. I frashed around the bed with my hands on my head, I just wanted them to stop. As the pain became unbearable, I felt something wet run down my face from my nose and ears. As they got louder still I couldn’t take no more and screamed in agony. Suddenly it went quiet for a moment and then all in unison, I heard several voices all saying one single word.

     “Mia!” They boomed in my head.

Within seconds I heard my door slam open and felt the bed dip as someone sat beside me. I felt their hands on me as they tried to twist me round to face them. As their hand touched mine I felt myself calm down a little and my body relaxed. After another moment I heard a familiar voice which calmed me even more.

     “Mia. Mia can your hear me? Are you ok? What happened?” Luca asked.

I slowly moved my hands from my face and slowly open my eyes. As I looked up at him I could see panic in his face.

     “I Heard….There were so many….they wouldn’t stop.” I replied as he placed his hand on my cheek.

Suddenly Joy, Faith and Tristan came running into the room. As they rushed over to me Luca moved away, he seemed reluctant to move his hand from my face. Before I knew it Tristan cradled me in his arms.

     “What happened Mia? Can you tell us what happen?” He asked as he wiped my face with a towel which Joy had fetched for him.

My body tensed when I saw the blood.

     “There were so many voices, so many voices.” I finally replied.

They all looked down at me with puzzled faces; as though they had thought I had lost my mind.

     “What?” Luca said taking a step back towards me.

     “The packs’ voices I was…I was trying to…” I stopped myself, now feeling a little foolish.

     “You tried to mind link with us?” Faith asked in shock but I could see excitement in her eyes.

    “Yes.” I replied weakly. “There were so many voices, I couldn’t control it.”

    “I take time and practice.” I heard someone say.

Everyone turned to the door and there in the doorway stood Wyatt. He looked over at me with concern in his eyes but a small smile on his lips.

    “Go ahead try it again.” He said as he stepped into the room.

    “No. she shouldn’t attempt it again, look at her. Her mind can’t take it.” Luca responded keeping his eyes on me.

    “Of course it can.” Wyatt snapped at him.

    “But...” Luca started but was cut off.

    “But what? She can do it, she did do it. She just needs to learn to control it.” Wyatt shouted at Luca, a small growl escaping his lips. I watched as Luca lowered his head, I noticed that his hands were clenched into fists. Why was he getting so angry? Why did he care so much? After a moment he got up and hurried out of my room. Wyatt let out a low growl as he past him and he hurried off after him.

    “How do you feel now?” Joy asked.

    “A lot better.” I said quietly giving her a small smile.

   “What made you try?” Faith asked, curiosity getting the better of her.

    “I was curious; I wanted to see how like you I was.” I replied sheepishly.

    “You should have told us, we could have helped you.” Tristan said as he stroked my hair.

   “If you ever want to try anything like that again just tell us ok.” Joy said her eyes full of concern and fear.

Faith kneeled down at the side of the bed and took my hands in hers. She looked deep into my eyes, almost as though she was staring into my soul.

     I heard her say in my mind.

I looked at her for a moment and tried to concentrate as hard I could.

   “Just relax.” She said.

I did as she told me and let my body and mind relax completely, I saw a small smile on her face as she realised I heard her. I closed my eyes for a brief moment and took a deep breath as I tried again.

   “I can hear you.” I replied smiling to myself.

    “See Mia, you are one of us.” She said aloud as she jumped up and wrapped her arms around me tightly.

As faith hugged me my mind began to wonder. If I could mind link with the pack, then what else could I do. There was one thing I knew for certain, I was going to find out.

************************

(Luca’s POV)

    “What were you playing at back there?” Wyatt’s voiced boomed in my head.

    “Nothing.” I replied as I tried to walk away from him.

    “God damn it Luca look when I’m talking to you.” He shouted in his alpha tone and making stop immediately, I had no choice.

I just wanted to get out here and run off my anger. As I turned to face him I could feel my body trembling slightly and my blood rushing through my veins. I took a deep breath before lifting my head, trying my hardest not to change right here and now.

   “Yes Wyatt.” I said struggling to control my anger.

    “How dare you disrespect me like that in front of the others! You may be my brother and my beta but that doesn’t mean I’m going to let you get away with it.” He said as he took a step towards me with his fist clenched.

Before meeting Mia I would never had dared do anything like that. I would have never disrespected Wyatt, but before Mia I had never cared about anyone like this before. Didn’t he see her, didn’t he see the blood down her face. It was killing her for Christ sake. He needed to look past this curiosity about her before she winds up dead. The mere thought of it sadden my heart, I couldn’t imagine my life without her. She might not know how I feel about her, nor feel the same for me but I don’t care I need her. I could feel his eyes burning into me, making my rage worse. I needed to get out of here; I needed to get out of here now.

    “I’m sorry Wyatt. It won’t happen again Wyatt. Now if you’d excuse me.” I said struggling to keep control.

As I turned away from him I felt the fire inside me start to grow, i could my bones starting to twist and bend. I ran down the stairs and out of the front door, I leapt off the porch changing in mid-air. As my paws fit the ground I glanced back up at Mia’s window. I so long to be there with her, that I could tell her the truth but how? I had to wait until another time to think about that, now I just needed to run. I didn’t where to and I didn’t care. I just needed to calm down and clear my head; I needed to get a grip. I could feel this whole mate thing taking over my life, changing me and part of me didn’t like it. I didn’t want it to make me weak; I didn’t want Wyatt to think I was weak. On the other hand I had never felt anything like this before. Now that I had found her I felt complete, she completed me. After an hour or so I could feel myself starting to calm down, so I decided to head back towards the clearing. As I headed towards the porch I saw Faith sat on the steps with a pair of shorts on her lap. As I got closer she handed me the short and I grabbed them with my teeth and headed down the side of the porch. I changed back into human form and put them on. As I walked back round she met me half way, with her arms crossed against her chest.

     “Feeling better?” she asked.

     “Compared to what? I just need a run, I was feeling restless.” I replied trying not to look at her.

     “I’ve known you long enough to know when something’s wrong. I heard you arguing with Wyatt.” She said trying to look me in the eye.

     “It’s nothing Faith.” I said heading toward the house.

     “It’s not nothing Luca, she’s your mate.” She as she followed me.

I let out a low growl and tried to ignore her. I already knew Mia was my mate; I just wasn’t ready to admit out loud. I knew for Mia wasn’t ready, with everything else she was dealing with right now. I ran up the steps and opened the door.

     “You can’t keep running from it Luca.” She called out as I walked inside and closed the door behind me.

********************************

(Mia’s POV)

After a good night sleep I managed to convince Faith to do some training with me. Well to be honest it didn’t really take a lot of convincing, after the whole mind link thing yesterday she was excited to see what I could do. So was I. we were out on the beach stretching out before we got started. As I stretched out my triceps I noticed a couple of guys sat on the rocks watching us. It all of sudden made me ever self-conscience about the outfit Faith had picked out. She had picked out a black cropped sports top and a black pair of short shorts. They didn’t really leave much to the imagination. I put my long hair up in a messy bun and got ready to start.

     “Are you ready?” Faith asked with a playful smile on her face.

     “Yeah, I guess.” I replied with a nervous chuckle.

She started off by showing me a couple of basic moves, which I was surprised by how quickly I picked them up. After a while she started to add some harder moves in, I could tell by her face that even she was surprised by how well I was doing.

     “Are you sure you’ve never done this before?” She said with a puzzled look on her face.

    “Never. I’ve had a fight in my life.”  I said chuckling slightly.

    “You seem to be natural; perhaps your inner wolf is stronger than we first thought.” She said with a beaming smile on her face.

     “I guess so.” I chuckled at her.

We both stood there laughing for and moment, I grabbed a bottle of water and took a big swig. As I wiped my mouth I noticed Luca running towards us. He was wearing nothing but a pair of shorts; I couldn’t take my eyes off him. As I watched him I started to feel this warm feeling inside, it was pulling me to him. I bit my bottom lip as I as I stared at his chiselled body. I was so engrossed in watching Luca that I hadn’t even noticed that Faith was now stood right beside me. I soon did though when she cleared her throat and chuckled a little.

     “Are you ready to continue now?” she asked trying not to laugh.

     “Yeah sorry I was in a world of my own for a moment.” I replied a little embarrassed that I had been caught staring at Luca.

     “Yeah I could see that Mia. He’s quite hot isn’t he?” She said smirking again.

     “Yeah. I mean who are we on about.” I said trying to backtrack a little.

I heard her chuckling as my cheeks went bright red with embarrassment. I couldn’t believe I walked straight into that one, now she knows I have a bit of crush on Luca. I’m never going to hear the last of it now.

    “Luca.” I heard her shout.

I tried to hide my face as I saw him run over to us, she might know but I didn’t want him to twig on. I looked around and noticed the guys from earlier had gone, there didn’t seem to be anyone about. It was just the three of us.

    “What?” I heard him ask in his dreamy voice.

     “I’ve been doing some training with Mia; I think she’s ready for a bigger challenge. Our girl seems to be a natural, why don’t you have a go on her?” she said.

I noticed Luca glare over at her as she tried not to laugh again. As I turned to face him I was surprised to him looking me up and down. My skin tingled as his eyes traced my body; he slowly lifted his head to face me.

     “I’m game if you are?” He said with a playful smile on his face.

It ignited a fire within me, a smile slowly spread across my face. I was game alright and I was going to kick his butt.

     “Oh I’m game.” I replied getting myself ready.

Within seconds be began to fight, it was almost as though we could anticipate each other’s every move. It was like a dance. My heart raced every time we made contact with each other, it was like electricity between us. And I like it. As he touched my arm it shot tingled although my body making me lose my concentration. As I started to topple backwards he tried to catch but he lost his footing. I landed on my back on the sand with his strong hard body onto of me. I could feel every inch of his body as he was pressed against. Our face were mere inches apart, I could feel his warm breath of my lips. I so longed for him to lower his head just little more so our lips could meet. My heart was racing and my whole body felt alive, I wished I could stay in this moment forever. As I looked into his big dreamy brown eyes, I could tell he did too. I closed my eyes and lifted my head slightly I meet his, when suddenly his whole body tensed up. He got up off me and ran off to the hose as quickly as he could.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

267 43 45
Nephele or better know as "Nelly"-the popstar is tired of ... - being constantly on the road - not be able to date whoever she wants - the many fans...
5.8K 373 22
After the death of Ayça's estranged mother, she must travel to her mothers homeland. Here she will be forced to reconcile with her past and embark on...
39 0 22
mia a 20 yrs old female, strong ,do whatever she want ,and doesn't follow rules ,a college student thinks her life is soo simple .She loves her life...
14.9K 1.4K 16
Mari found her mate in Shanna. They both have issues to deal with, in Mari's case it is her past of abuse and being turned by a rogue. For Shanna i...