Mya's Choice

By Thischickisbomb

(SEQUEL) It's been exactly a year since Mya's world was turned upside down. She has moved on with a new guy a... More

Mya's Choice - Prologue
Mya's Choice - Chapter 2
Mya's Choice - Chapter 3
Mya's Choice - Chapter 4
Mya's Choice - Chapter 5
Mya's Choice - Chapter 6
Mya's Choice - Chapter 7
Mya's Choice - Chapter 8
Mya's Choice - Chapter 9
Mya's Choice - Chapter 10
Mya's Choice - Chapter 11
Mya's Choice - Chapter 12
Mya's Choice - Chapter 13
Mya's Choice - Chapter 14
Mya's Choice - Chapter 15
Mya's Choice - Chapter 16
Mya's Choice - Chapter 17
Mya's Choice - Epilogue

Mya's Choice - Chapter 1

9.7K 136 18
By Thischickisbomb

VOTE.COMMENT.LIKE.TWEET

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don’t know when or what time I fell asleep but I woke up drowsy and sluggish. I made my way out of bed. I went into the bathroom and stared at my reflection. I looked lethargic. I had bags under my eyes. My eyes drooped and were puffy probably from crying myself back to sleep. I turned on the shower and pulled back the curtain. I stripped my clothes from my body and hopped in. The warm water ran down my body and into the drain.

Flashes of moments spent with Trey dashed through my mind and the tears once again cascaded down my cheeks blending in with the smoldering water.  I washed up quickly and ended my shower. I quickly got dressed and did my hair and makeup to cover up any evidence that made me guilty of crying or lack of sleep. I grabbed my bag and inhaled then exhaled a deep breath before making my way downstairs.

I walked into the kitchen where my mom sat down looking over some papers. I reached into the fridge and grabbed a bottled water.

“Mya are you okay?” My mom asked. I composed my face before facing her.

“Yea, why wouldn’t I be?” I asked her with a smile on my face.

“I…..just..I…..never mind.” She said forgetting about it which I was glad for, I grabbed my keys off the counter.

“See you later mom” I said before walking out of the door. I got in my car and cranked it up. I always drove to school since Trey was no longer here. Walking the trail without him just seemed so lonely and so not right. It was like every time I walked on the trail no matter with who it was never the same.

I backed out of my driveway and drove to school. I reached the school grounds and turned off my car. I knew for a fact that people were going to act different to me today because everyone knew that this was the day when Trey died one year ago.

“Whatever happens” I said to myself. “Don’t let them see you cry. Do not have a nervous breakdown.” I said as I leaned my head against the steering wheel. I grabbed my things and got out of the car. I locked my doors and headed into school. I was early so I walked to the court yard.  I saw Josh standing around talking to his group of friends.

Josh gave me a smile as he saw me approaching. I smiled back at him.

“Hey” I said as I reached them. They all went into that awkward silence that I thought only happened on the movies.

“Okay?” I said turning towards Josh. “Hey” I said to just him.

“Hey” He said wrapping his arms around my waist. He pecked me on the cheek.

“You want to go to class early?” he asked me.

“Sure “I replied. He told everybody that he would catch up with them later and I muttered my byes and we left.

“Are we still going bowling tonight?” He asked me.

“Umm Josh can we go tomorrow?” I questioned.

“Yea no problem” He said and then we fell into an awkward silence as we walked to class. I knew he was trying to avoid anything that would bring up the subject of Trey which was why he was so quiet. I appreciated him trying to do that but I would rather him be his carefree self.

“Are you okay Mya?’ he asked.

“Yea of course why?” I questioned in return.

“I was just asking.” He replied. We made it to the classroom and we went inside and took our seats. I leaned my head on his shoulder and he wrapped his arm around me. I sighed in relief. Josh made everything seem like it was okay no matter what the situation was.

He placed a kiss on my forehead and then the bell rung. I reluctantly moved my body away from his because our teacher always seemed to have a fit because we were always too close.

I let out a deep breath. I really just wanted for this day to be over.

 I went and sat down at our lunch table. I was the first to get there so I just laid my head against the cold table.

You will always be my favorite girl” I heard. I quickly looked up searching the crowd. There was no one around me. I really needed to get some sleep because I was going insane. Josh came and sat down with me along with David, Claire and Charity.

“You not hungry?” he asked me.

“Naw, not really” I said. He gave me a sympathetic smile.

“Are any of yall going to the festival” David asked. Josh elbowed him in the side. David was new so he didn’t know all the details about Trey all he knew was that he died and that he was my best friend.

“Hey I’ll be back okay” I said to Josh. He gave me a look filled with concern and worry. “I’ll be right back.” I added trying to take way some of his worry.

 I got up and walked to the bathroom. I splashed some water on my face and stared at my reflection in the mirror.

“You got this.” I told myself. “Don’t cry and be strong.” I added. I grabbed some paper towels and dried my face off.  I threw them in the trash bin and then I exited the bathroom.

“You okay?” He asked. I turned to my left to find Josh leaning against the wall.

“Yea I’m fine Josh.” I said wrapping my arm around his waist. He turned me so that I was facing him and placed his hands on my hips.

“We can ditch if you want.” He said.

“No thanks, I’m still trying to catch up from last year.” I told him. He chuckled.

“So what are you going to be doing tonight?” he asked I’m guessing since we were no longer going bowling.

“I plan on hitting the sheets as soon as I get home.” I told him.

“Without me?’’ he asked feigning hurt. I laughed.

“Yup, no room for you tonight.” I told him. “ I just didn’t sleep well last night and I’m really tired.” I added.

“What are your plans?” I asked.

“Well since my girlfriend ditched me. I guess I will be doing nothing.” He said.

“Josh…. Don’t make me feel bad.” I told him. He laughed.

“It would be much better is she would let me hold her while she slept so I can keep all the nightmares away.” He stated. I chuckled.

“You are so corny, it’s so sweet. I am loving that idea though.” I said as I brushed my lips against his.

“I knew you would.” He said kissing me.

I won’t lose you” I  heard Trey’s voice whisper. I abruptly pulled away from Josh looking around.

“Did you hear that?” I asked him.

“No what was it.” He questioned.

“I don’t know, but I feel like I’m going insane.” I told him honestly.

“Well you were always kind of crazy.” He muttered.

“Shut up” I said punching him in the arm playfully. He laughed and wrapped his arm around my waist and began walking me to my next class as the next bell rang. I constantly looked over my shoulder and glanced around looking for the person that was causing me to go insane. Could Trey have not crossed over? Was he just hiding, keeping himself out of my sight? I thought about it intently hoping that there were some type of answers, something that would take this feeling away of constantly being watched.

I made my way across the parking lot to my car after school had ended. I was just ready to be home in the warmth of my bed. I made my way over to my car. As I neared it I saw a figure standing by it. His back was facing me, but I knew who it was. I blinked my eyes a couple of times. He still stood there. Turn around, turn around. I muttered to myself.

“Mya!” I heard my name being called. It was Josh. He was jogging to catch back up with me. I stopped but turned my head back towards my car. The figure was gone. It was Trey though I knew it was him. I inhaled a deep breath and calmed myself. I was seeing things. I was just overwhelmed with today being the anniversary of Trey’s death. I turned my attention back towards Josh.

“Are you about to head home now?” he asked me.

“Yea,” I replied my eyes wandering seeing if I would spot the figure again.

“What are you looking for?” he asked turning around and looking.

“Nothing” I said quickly.”Are you still coming over?” I asked him.

“Yea I was just going to stop by my house and grab some clothes.” He told me.

“Okay I’ll see you when you get there.” I told him. He pecked me on the lips.

“Drive safe” He told me before departing from me. I turned around and headed back to my car.

I had no clue what was going on. Was I really seeing and imagining things or did Trey never leave? Would he really not allow me to see him for a year and make me think that he was gone? I shook my head. I was going to get a headache from all this thinking. I cranked up my car and put it in drive.

I made it to my house a few minutes later. My mom’s car did not reside in the driveway so I figured that she was not home. Things had really changed in this past year. The biggest was probably that I had started dating Josh. It was weird being that Josh was Trey’s best guy friend and I thought that people wouldn’t approve but to my surprise they did. Me dating Josh basically got me accepted and more of his friends began speaking to me. I knew it was all fake though. That’s why I never really engaged in any time with them. I only hung out with them If I was with Josh or if we were at school.

My mom still wasn’t home often and she still slept around with a lot of guys. That thing with the cop didn’t last forever. When she brought them home I would just go next door to Trey’s room and sneak through his window. Just being in his bed comforted me. It still smelled of him, so did his room and his clothes. I really did miss him a lot.

I got out of my car and dragged myself into the house closing the door behind me. I threw my bag down by the door and headed upstairs into my room.

I changed into some shorts and a tank top and was about to climb in bed when I heard the doorbell ring. I dragged myself downstairs lazily and opened the door for Josh. I already knew it was him.

“You look tired,” he said upon coming in.

“I am” I told him. He wrapped me up in a hug and then lifted me up by waist and then gripping my legs. I wrapped my legs around his waist and buried my face into his shoulder. He began to walk upstairs and I was slowly drifting into a temporary coma.  My eyes fluttered close as I felt him gently lay me on the bed with his body on top of me. I unwrapped my legs from around his waist and he rolled off of me onto his side. I turned on my side and I felt him pull me closer to him as he buried his face into the back of my neck.

“I’m always here for you.” I heard him whisper. I could feel his cool breath against my neck as he whispered the words and then soon my eyes shut and my mind drifted into the world of dreams.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

65.6K 1.6K 27
It's been 12 long years since Chihiro has been to the spirit world, and she wishes she never left. After years and years of trying to return to the s...
25.3K 724 63
A smile played on my face as I saw on the sheet of paper in my hands. "Congratulations, you are pregnant eight weeks, Miss Reel!" The doctor said. "T...
110K 3K 39
Weak hearts but deadly love. These two, once hurted people finds love once again will it last or will depression take over these souls again. Only ti...
1.1M 36.6K 69
How would you feel when the world you grew up in crashed and burned? What if you were tossed into one that was all about survival? Would you persever...