Picking Up the Pieces // Harr...

Von lostinparadise25

Harry was tired of it. He was tired of being the "lead singer" of the band. He was tired of being "the flirty... Mehr

Picking Up the Pieces
Prologue
One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven // Comforting Sounds
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Forty
Forty One
Epilogue {Part One}
Epilogue {Part Two}
Picking Up the Pieces Playlist

Fifteen

90.3K 1.9K 172
Von lostinparadise25

I think this is my favorite chapter so far. idk, it's just me. :)

hopefully you understand this because my mind is weird and sometimes my hands can't like write down exactly what the weird scene in my head is so just use your imagination and hope you like it but if you don't understand, it's okay and only natural because sometimes I am confusing.

sorry my chapters are like horribly short. I write this all in a notebook and they usually come out long. oops. XP

******************************************************************************************************

Fifteen

SCARLETT'S POV

I played with the record player Harry bought me, moving the needle up and down absentmindedly.

"Ed!" I yelled suddenly after staring out the window for so long.

I could see the heavy frost growing on it. I touched the window, feeling it melt underneath the touch of my fingertips.

"Ed! Hurry up!"

In the cold morning, I saw Harry staring back at me. I saw his pale, hallowed cheeks, his cracked plump lips dying from lack of thrist, puffy eyes, and deep hurt in each pupil. I heard him call me Kitten. I saw his smirk. I wanted to touch his face, but the pane of glass separated us.

"W-What?" Ed ran in, out of breath.

"A Team. Chorus. Now."

He read my mind and recited what he had so far.

"And they say

She's in the Class A Team

Stuck in her daydream

Been this way since eighteen

But lately - "

He was singing softly but abruptly stopped. "I started to describe her face, but I'm not sure how to exactly."

Harry blinked from the other side.

"His face seems," I recited. "Slowly,"

Each word made Harry's face deteriorate even more.

"Sinking, wasting,"

I placed my hand on the glass as he slowly slipped away.

" . . . Crumbling . . . " I hissed, my other hand clenching as I wanted to break the glass to reach out and grab Harry and hold onto him just to keep him in front of me. Anger bubbled up inside me and I wanted to break the glass with my bitter flesh.

He didn't deserve a single ounce of pain. He didn't deserve this.

"Scarlett?" Ed placed a hand on my shoulder and I felt a soft jolt fly through my body, almost pulling me back into my right mind. "Scarlett, honey, you all right?"

"S-Sorry." I bit my lip as Harry disappeared. "You like the lyrics?"

He nodded and softly sang to the sweet melody. "Crumbling like . . . pastries . . . and,"

"He screams," I added until I paused. "Put your deep quote in there." I grinned.

"The worst things in life come free to us." He smiled as he scribbled down the lyrics onto a sheet of paper. "Scarlett, you know this is about a girl right?"

"Yeah. Why?"

"You kept saying 'he', babe."

Harry was back, smiling cockily at me.

"Oh." I said softly wanting to rub that smug grin right off his face. "Sorry about that."

"Thinking about him?" Ed's arms were around my shoulders as he leaned his head on my shoulder. I put my hands over his as we both stared out the window.

Harry's smile faded and he reached for my hand.

Ed held me a little tigher as Harry's cold hand caressed my cheek.

"Yeah." I whispered.

Harry's hand held my face as he and I softly smiled.

I didn't move. I tried to, but I couldn't.

"Can I-I have a minute?" I rubbed my head. "Gosh, I'm sorry, Ed, I just - "

"I'm a big boy, Robinson. I can handle it." He laughed softly as I smiled up at him.

"I'll overhear you weeping in your room tonight, Sheeran." I laughed and he joined in before shutting the door.

It softly closed and I moved away from the window as Harry floated through.

Heavy clouds of smoke slipped in through the cracks of my door and window and creeped toward me.

Harry was a pale blue and misty all over. My lights flickered as he came closer to me. I was breathing heavily. I had to be hallucinating.

But it felt so real.

This wasn't real. I was hallucinating.

Harry's clothes were tattered and their were rips and tears in his shirt. His jeans were no better. The tears and loose fabrics floated around him and I could see his bruises and scars. Chains were at his ankles and jingled and jangled as he leaned over me.

"Don't be scared." He whispered, voice as soft as a my pillow.

"I'm terrified." I said, backing up a little more.

He cocked his head to the side, looking like a small, curious child you couldn't help but 'Aww!' at the sight of. "Of what?"

"T-This!" I sputtered out, waving my hands toward him. "Just - " I sighed. "Go away. It'd make everything easier. I mean it."

He blinked twice, eyes going through me. His eyes didn't sparkle like they should've.

This was the "dead" Harry. I was speaking to what he had become.

He was like Jacob Marley from the Christmas Carol. I was Scrooge. He was visiting me.

"Come with me." he whispered in my left ear, taking my hands and slowly lifting me off the bed.

"I-I can't." I said with a small gasp as I floated off the bed. I felt as light as as a feather as my feet hovered right above the smooth floor.

"Don't be scared." He smiled genuinely, probably enjoying how much I was freaking out.

"Harry, I don't - " I was shaking horribly now in his arms.

"Trust me."

Harry was holding me by my waist now and I fell clumsily into him. It felt like slow motion as I floated above him a little. He was looking up at me as he floated underneath me. My right leg propped up a little, like those stupid chick flicks when the girl kissed the guy and she kicks her leg up because apparently sparks flew and love is some magical gift from the heavens. Harry only grinned some more.

Ed was playing the piano. I could hear it from all the way up here.

Harry laughed heartily for once and slowly, I joined in. His eyes were sitll as dead as ever, but he still managed a small smile. They didn't sparkle like the Emerald City and how I wished they would soon.

"Harry," I whispered, practically frozen in my pose.

"Kitten," He took my hand and flew towards the window.

Suddenly, we were like Peter and Wendy, hoping to get away from the world.

I couldn't pass through the window so Harry flew out alone. His chains were clanking away in the distance. The smoke around me faded and didn't bother me any longer.

Slowly, I landed on my tip toes gently and stared out the window after Harry. I pinched myself, wondering if it was all a dream, but then as I flinched from the sharp pain I realized it wasn't.

As soon as Harry was out of sight, I quickly slammed the window and locked it shut, then ran downstairs and screamed at Ed.

"Did you put something in my bloody tea this morning?!" I screamed and he got so scared he messed up on the piano, the wrong note even making me cringe. "A drug? Did you get me high, Sheeran?! Maybe you're the crack whore in this song!"

Ed's face paled and I knew he wanted to laugh but he was trying to take me seriously. "N-No! I don't have drugs!"

I questioned that statement but he continued innocently, "What? Why?"

I just saw Harry. Not the Harry you think you know, Edward, but the real Harry that can't come out. He's not gay, but he's trapped. He's forced to be a certain way and his true side can't come out.

"Nothing." I coughed. "You got any aspirin?"

What if Harry saw me? What would he think of me?

"Second cabinet. Third shelf." He muttered, looking at me warily.

"Thanks. You sounded really good on the piano." I smiled truthfully.

"It was good until you screamed, 'Bloody murder'." He snorted and I rolled my eyes as I walked off into the kitchen.

I tried to think this through. I took my temperature and everything. I was hallucinating. I had to be.

The pill slid down my throat with ease, but perhaps it wasn't a hurting in my head, but maybe my heart.

Then again it hurt all over.

I stared out the window some more, silently wishing Harry would come back, float through the door, and take me back to wherever he was headed. Wherever it was had to be better than here.

Weiterlesen