Neighbors

By delenaswishes

When a family from Mystic Falls, Virginia moves in next to the bloodsucking Salvatore brothers, Damon Salvato... More

Moving In
New Information
First Day
The Dinner
Tears
Authors Note

How It All Went Down

1.5K 56 19
By delenaswishes

Elena's POV:

We got our car back, so I couldn't ride with Damon this morning.

I spotted him when the car pulled up into the school. I jumped out of the car before it even stopped moving, slammed the door, and I ran to Damon.

"Hey," I said searching his eyes.

"Hey," he replied walking with me to my locker. "Can we talk about last night?" I asked.

"Not here. Can I drive you home?"

"I don't know. Probably."

"Okay, we'll talk about it then."

"K," I say as the bell rings. Then we walk together to first hour.

~7 hours later~

"Elena," I heard someone yell. I turned around and saw Damon making his way to me. I think he regretted holding my hand last night, just by the way he was acting.

"Hey," I said not smiling, just keeping my face blank. I had been avoiding talking to him all day, unsure about what he really felt. "You ready?" Damon said uncomfortably. "Yeah."

"Alright."

We walk out into the parking lot and I see my parents coming towards me. "Come on. What's taking you so long?" My dad said while eyeing Damon.

"Me and Damon we're going to go somewhere. I forgot to tell you, sorry."

"No, you're not. You're coming home with us."

"No, why?"

"Because I said so!"

"It's okay, Elena, we'll talk later," Damon said tilting his head forward and walking away.

"Really Dad?"

"Yes, really! I don't like that guy."

"Well, I do!"

"What did you just say?!"

"He's my friend! I don't get your problem!"

"Get in the car! Now!"

I open the car door and slam it. My dad does the same.

"Where's Jer?" I ask noticing my missing brother. "He's going out with a friend," my dad replies angrily.

"Oh so he gets to go out with a friend but I don't?!"

"His friend isn't a different gender!"

"If Damon was Stefan you would've let me go!"

"Yes, because Stefan has a girlfriend!"

"You're being ridiculous!"

"Watch it, young lady!"

I lean my head against the window looking at nothing in particular.

"Mom?" I ask hoping she'll do something. She just shakes her head. I sigh. I hate my life!

Damon's POV:

I walk into the house slamming the door. "Damon?" Stefan asks.

"Yeah?"

"Can we talk?"

"I don't care," I say getting a glass and pouring some bourbon. "What's up with you and Elena?" my brother asks inquisitively.

"What do you mean?" I ask not wanting to answer. "You know what I mean, Damon."

I down my glass of bourbon in seconds. I get up to make another one. "I don't know. I held her hand at dinner last night. I think she regretted it. She's been avoiding me all day." I down my second glass.

"I'm gonna ask her about last night as if she doesn't regret it...... I'm going to tell her."

"Damon before you do anything you'll regret........ Tell me. Do you love her?"

"I don't know."

"Yes, you do."

I stare at him completely confused about how I feel. "How do I know?"

"Would you do anything to keep her safe?"

"Of course."

"Do you wanna be with her forever?"

"Yes."

"Could you live without her?"

"No."

"What did you feel when you held her hand last night?"

"Happiness."

"Anything else?"

"Electricity."

"Do you love her?"

"Yes."

Elena's POV:

My phone buzzes in my pocket.

Damon
Text message

"Who's that?"

"Caroline," I lie.

Damon: can u talk tonite

Elena: no sorry

Damon: it's ok we'll talk later

I sigh and set down my phone. "I don't want you to be friends with him anymore," my father says angrily.

"You can't do that!"

"Yes, I can I'm your father, Elena, you will do what I say. I don't want you to ever see him again."

"Why not?!"

"He's not a good person, Elena! I'm just trying to keep you safe! I can tell he's worse than Matt! I don't want you to get hurt!"

"How could you possibly know if he's like that?! You don't know him!"

"Neither do you!"

"Ye-"

"GRAYSON LOOK OUT!" my mom yells. My dad swerves the car, just missing the person standing in the middle of the road. I scream as we flip off the bridge.

Damon's POV:

"Elena's parents won't let her talk to me tonight," I tell Stefan frowning at the words on my phone. "Wanna do something then? Like go to a bar?" Stefan asks me. "Sure," I reply grabbing my keys.

We head out to the car. I notice the Gilberts aren't home yet. "They should've been back by now," I tell Stefan worry taking over my face. "They probably went to get something to eat, Damon, don't worry," Stefan tells me reassuringly. I nod and get into my car shaking off the feeling that something's wrong. I smile at my brother, starting the engine.

Shot through the heart
And you're to blame
Darling you give love
A bad name

My brother and I sing at the top of our lungs, laughing. Stefan starts dancing in the passenger seat making me laugh.

We cross over the bridge that you have to drive over to get to our neighborhood. I notice something a little off but I don't question it. I'm too busy having fun with my brother.

We get to Bree's Bar and we both realize we forgot our wallets. "Let's just feed and go home," Stefan suggests. "We can just compel us some drinks," I reply smiling. "I'm guessing you forgot that Bree is a witch," Stefan says trying to mimic my smirk. I laugh at him. "Okay let's feed and go," I say after I stop laughing. He nods and we get out.

We walk into the bar and immediately spot two drunk blondes. We share a look and walk over to them. "Hello," I say using my Salvatore charm. "Hi," they reply forwardly. "You're gonna offer me your drink," I look at Stefan to find him looking at me disapprovingly. I just smirk at him. "You can have my drink if you want," the blonde I compelled tells me. "Why thank you," I say still smirking. Their hearts are beating faster than a human heart should be able to beat. "You wanna go outside?" Stefan asks them both. "Sure," they say trying to flirt.

We walk outside, the girls' heels clicking on the concrete. "You're not going to run away or scream. It won't hurt," I say compelling her. She nods. I feel the veins creep down my face, my fangs extend to full length and my eyes go bloodshot. I bite into her neck, letting the blood glide down my throat. I stop when I've satisfied my hunger. I slice my tongue with my fang and lick the bite, healing it. Stefan finishes and we compel them to forget us.

We hop into the car. I smile when Wanted Dead or Alive by Bon Jovi comes on.

I'm a cowboy
On a steel horse I ride
I'm wanted
Wanted
Dead or alive

I hear sirens and see flashing lights on the bridge we passed not long ago. I bring the car to a complete stop before jumping out. There's only one other car that would've been on this bridge. "Elena!"

Hahaha! Suspenseful ending huh? I got big plans! There's some jealousy coming later. 😼 shoutout to my friend jadealexiaa you should read her book Airplanes it's great. ily😘 I should be updating soon like 4 days at most!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

184K 6.6K 94
Ahsoka Velaryon. Unlike her brothers Jacaerys, Lucaerys, and Joffery. Ahsoka was born with stark white hair that was incredibly thick and coarse, eye...
1.2M 54.5K 100
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
254K 16.6K 21
"you might not be my lover, but you still belong to me" "crazy, you don't even love me but you want to claim me as yours? have you lost your mind jeo...
352K 12.6K 56
𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Ellie Sloan reunites with her older brother when her hospital merges with his jackson avery x ellie sloan (oc) season six ━ season se...