carbon.

By rosegoldlaurent

"Once you start you can't go back." "I have to do this." "I just hope you know what your getting yourself int... More

Prologue
1|| Paycheck to Paycheck
2|| Motherly Figures
3|| When isn't Liam Right?
4|| Scouted
6|| Back in the Game
7|| Kiddie Pools
8|| Ghost Loves
9|| Royal Flush
10|| Paperwork
11|| Spaghetti and Meatballs
12|| No Matter What
13|| With You
14|| Explain
15|| Saying Goodbye
16|| Still Not Over You
17|| Nightmares
18|| Hidden Motives
19|| A.M.
20|| Malik
21|| Upper Hand
22|| Gunpoint
23|| Fighter
24|| Hospital Rooms
SEQUEL
Announcment!

5|| Watson

4.2K 129 12
By rosegoldlaurent

"What do you think about all of this?" I asked Liam who sat next to me relaxed while watching all the other kids play on the playground.

"I don't know, I don't know what this business is all about. All I know is it's illegal and if you get caught they will take Gabby away from you just like that." Liam snapped his fingers as he said "that".

"That's what scares me, I don't want her to be taken away and pulled into the system." I kept my watchful eye on Gabby who ran around frantic with the other kids her age.

"What I can say is that you are a good racer. Maybe it could change yours and Gabby's life." Liam shrugged making me think about every possible question I had for this Watson guy.

"I wanna get out of here, I don't want to raise Gabby here in this dump." I sighed watching Gabby giggling while running around playing tag with her new found friend.

"Even three years later I still can't believe you haven't heard from Jade." Liam looked at me shaking his head.

"It's not surprising to me, she is selfish. I wouldn't be surprised if I never saw her again." The shade of the tree feeling nice while the slight breeze played around rustling the leaves on the tree.

"What did you ever see in her anyway?" Liam's question struck me making me think before I answered.

What had I seen in Jade? All she ever did was wreck havoc in my life. Maybe it was because I was young and stupid thinking that we could have been something. I thought what I had with Jade was something out of the ordinary when in all reality all it ever was, was a lie. Jade never cared for me, she would have rather been doped up on whatever she was taking that day.

"I don't know. I guess at the time she made me happy, she was wild in every way and that intrigued me." I said what came to mind knowing that I could go on a string of thoughts that Liam could really careless about.

"I knew the moment you met her she was trouble." Liam confessed as I turned in my seat wanting to know more.

"What do you mean?" His statement keeping my mind trapped in the curiosity that found me when he spoke.

"There was always something strange about her. She had a way about her that just screamed trouble. Everything about her from the way she walked to the way she talked." Liam enlightened me on his vantage point of Jade.

Nodding at Liam's point of view concerning Jade my thoughts reeled back to the sponsor. I could change my life if I took this offer, I could get out of here. Take care of Gabby the way she deserves to be taken care of.

"I think I'm going to take the offer." I stood up taking the card out of my pocket I had carried with me.

"Just be careful I would hate to see both you and Gabby get into trouble." Liam stood up putting a hand on my shoulder .

"Thanks Liam." He took me into a bro hug before leaving me to my business I would take care of. Dialing up the number I held the phone to my ear hearing the ring on the other line. My heart rate picked up, nervousness gathering in my mind.

"Harry?" A heavy and deep voice spoke into the phone.

"How did you know-" I was cut off by the voice on the other line.

"That's not important, have you made a decision?"

"Yes. I'm ready to do this." I said confidently looking back at Gabby again as her smile lit up her face.

"Good, you made a good choice. Come by 493 N. Westlake Road, we can talk things over about how this is going to work."

"Today?" I asked thinking about what I was going to do with Gabby while I was absent.

"If your worried about your daughter she is welcome." Bringing me back I felt a drop in my stomach hearing him talk about Gabby.

"Who are you?" I demanded becoming increasingly worried about what I had gotten myself into.

"I'm your friend, be here by 5." The line clicked off leaving the line dead as I then shut my phone sliding it into my pocket.

"Gabby!" I called to the little girl with long brown hair tied into two pigtails. "Gabs it's time to go!"

Gaining her attention she ran over to me out of breath by the time she reached me.

"5 minutes?" She begged looking at me with those big green eyes.

"Daddy has work to do we gotta go." Taking her hand into mine she struggled to keep up with my faster pace as I walked swiftly to my car. Lifting her up into her car seat I buckled her in properly before shutting the door to the car shut to make my way to the drivers side of the car.

Mentally thinking about the address I kept it in my head to insure I wouldn't forget any part of it. Starting up the car I pulled out of the parking spot I had been previously parked seeing Gabby's eyes on me as I looked back behind me.

"Where are we going Daddy?" she questioned as I pulled back onto the road making a mental decision as to what the best way to this place was. Checking the time I saw I had only twenty-five minutes to get to my destination bringing more nervousness to my head.

"We are going to Daddy's work bug, promise me you will be good for Daddy." I turned the mirror to reflect as she sat in her car seat playing with a loose thread on her grey t-shirt.

"I be good Daddy." She nodded not making eye contact as she stayed focused on the thread she pulled.

Parking the car once I had reached my destination I went around back to unbuckle Gabby who was half asleep from the ride. Reaching her arms out for me she wrapped her arms around my neck laying her head on my shoulder slowly drifting back off to her cat nap.

Entering the glass doors of the hidden building my eyes searched around the chicly decorated inside. The front desk assistant stood up upon seeing me enter and spoke with a smile.

"You must be Harry, Mr. Watson is waiting for you." She gestured for me to follow her deeper into the building.

How did everyone know my name and who I was? I had raced one time and suddenly everyone of these people knew everything about me. This somewhat worried me with others knowing information about me that I would rather not disclose. I wanted to keep Gabby safe and people knowing about her put me on the edge.

"Mr. Watson Harry is here." The receptionist peeked into his office alerting him of my arrival.

"Send him in." It was the same voice I heard on the phone.

"Go on in." The brunette opened up the door for me as I walked in setting my eyes on the man behind the desk.

"It's nice to finally meet you Harry." I connected the face with the voice as a grin wiped across his face.

"You must be Mr. Watson." I sat down in the chair with Gabby still laying on me.

"Please call me Tom." He stood up offering a hand as I leaned forward to shake it. "I've been hearing around you know how to race." He sat back relaxed in his chair.

"So everyone has been telling me, what is going on exactly?" I questioned as Gabby stirred from my movement to shake Tom's hand.

"We sponsor young racers like you who have the potential of becoming professionals. My scouts saw you take on Malik and were impressed to say the least. If your as good as they say you are we have an opening on our team." Tom explained to me all that this was about.

"So what happens next?" I asked getting serious about the offer on the table, I had never considered being a racer but maybe things can change. I was about to step into deep waters becoming an illegal street racer and it wasn't something light to think about.

"Well since I can assume you are going to take the offer seeing as your here, we will set up your schedule for your next races and get you set up with a car." Tom clasped his hands together as he leaned forward on his desk. "But before we do all of this, once you start this there is no backing out. You are in it forever after this."

His words made me think twice but I had already made up my mind. Looking down at the little body clinging to mine I put my hand on her back, "I have to do this."

"I just hope you know what your getting into for your daughters sake, this is all dangerous work and I hope you know that." Tom gave his last cautionary words before I nodded not fully understanding the weight of my decision. It didn't matter now, I was already committed to my choice I made and now all I could do was hope that it didn't blow up in my face.

"Alright let's get started then, I will have Tara call you with your upcoming races and if you follow me we will get your car." Tom stood up and walked towards the door opening it letting me get out while Gabby nuzzled herself into my neck as the movement caused her to change positions.

Following him down a few halls we came to the garage where a few mechanics worked away on various expensive cars. The loudness of tools woke Gabby as she blinked rubbing her tired eyes looking around at the strange surroundings.

"I'm scared Daddy!" She placed her hands over her ears with tears forming in her eyes from the various loud sounds.

"Shhhhh, it's okay Bug I'm here." I expected this from her knowing that loud sounds frightened her.

Coming upon a jet black Camaro excitement bounced around inside of me seeing the glossiness of the paint shine in the garage light.

"This will be your starter car, the better you become the better car you will be promoted to but first you have to show me you can race." Tom walked around the newly painted car.

"When's my first race?" I asked looking at the beautifully crafted car in front of me.

"I wanted to set you up for Friday's race, we haven't been told a location yet but Tara will notify you of all the information." Tom informed leaning on the Camaro's door with a smirk seeing my reaction to the brand new car that would soon be in my possession.

"Okay." I nodded not being able to keep my eyes off the vehicle in front of me.

"We will drop your old car off by your apartment, you are free to go. I have some other businesses to attend to but I will hear from you soon." Tom patted my shoulder looking at Gabby who had her hands pressed against her ears still tearing up. "Cute kid." Tom smirked walking away attending to the ringing phone in his pocket.

Opening the drivers seat the smell of fresh leather overtook my nose as the keys sat on the front seat. Taking them I opened up the back door to set Gabby in the big seat that made her look so small.

"We are going to go get your car seat hold tight bug." I buckled her into the seat and moved into my drivers seat feeling the leather pad my back bringing comfort as I revved the engine. The door of the garage was lifted giving me access to leave as I peeled out of the garage finding myself in the parking lot where my old car sat.

Getting out I opened the back door to retrieve Gabrielle's car seat. While walking over to the new jet black vehicle I had gained moments ago I heard footsteps of someone else.

"Look who it is." Her voice unmistakable as she came closer. "I'm guessing you took the offer."

"Yeah, what are you doing here? Stalking me like everyone else in this business?" I played back seeing her smirk on her face.

"Actually I'm here to discuss some business with Mr. Watson." Her honey blonde straightened hair ran below her chest.

"You work for Watson?" I asked thinking about the major coincidence that she was involved in all of this.

"No, I work for Malik but I have some business with Watson." She pushed away a strand of hair from her face.

"You work for Malik?" I scoffed thinking she was all too good to be true. She worked for the enemy.

"Don't be too quick to judge, I'm not all bad you know."

"How do I know I can trust you?" I arched an eyebrow at her last remark.

"I guess you will just have to find out." She slipped a piece of paper into my pocket before walking away confidently.

Putting down the bulky car seat I dug into my pocket to find the folder paper she had slipped me. Unfolding the creased wrinkled paper I read the number printed in handwriting. Grinning to myself I folded the paper back up and shoved it back into my pocket picking up the car seat again to buckle into the car.

As Gabby climbed into her car seat her tears had been dried. Pushing back her hair that had stuck to her face from the tears acting as glue I kissed her forehead before shutting the door and getting into the drivers seat. I was walking away from my old life now, I was ready to leave it behind me.

__________
A/N: Hey fam! What are your thoughts let me know and also give it a vote if you enjoyed!

Xoxo Savvy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

484K 5.2K 104
despite being a popular singer, ariana has an unhealthy obsession with harry styles. what happens when her ultimate celebrity crush finally notices h...
313K 6.9K 35
"That better not be a sticky fingers poster." "And if it is ." "I think I'm the luckiest bloke at Hartley." Heartbreak High season 1-2 Spider x oc
199K 4.5K 47
"But Leah never even shed a tear, her face was completely blank. I don't know if she is numb or in shock but it's weirding me out. I've never seen Le...
1M 54.9K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Junghoon's ) daughter Mishel...