Midnight Luna (#Wattys2015)

By _LightBringer_

Outcast. Bullied. Hated. Rejected. This was Hailey Johnson's life and she hated it. She takes a stand and dec... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty
Chapter Thirty One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Chapter Thirty-Three
Chapter Thirty-Four
Author's Note

Chapter Six

21.9K 658 54
By _LightBringer_

Pic of Erick!

Hailey's POV

3 years and 6 months later.

Why the hell was it so bright? Opening one eye I looked and saw the curtain wide open and the sunrays streaming in. With sleepy eyes I looked around and noticed Liam wasn't there near me but there was a note with a single purple orchid, my favorite flower.

Hi Sweetheart,

Good Morning, I went out for some alpha duties. Didn't wake you up cause you were sleeping soundly and yea you looked beautiful. I'll see you in school during lunch.

I love you

Liam. <3

I smiled while reading the letter. I was so lucky to have Liam in my life. He was everything I ever wanted in a mate. But sadly he wasn't. Thinking about that particular topic still hurt my heart. But gradually it had reduced; My wolf and I had come to terms with it.

I shrugged off the sad history of my life and thought about Liam. I signed contentedly and got out of bed. Eyes still full of sleep I dragged myself to the en-suite. Stripping out of my pajamas I stepped into the shower. I turned in the cold water and let in cascade down my body. The cold water felt so soothing against my hot skin and it completely woke me up. After another couple of minutes I took my strawberry shower gel and quickly washed my body. Stepping out I took the towel and draped it around my body

I gazed at the mirror as I noticed the many changes in me, No longer was I that overweight short girl. But now standing here was a changed, sexy and confident Hailey. The purple in my pupils had become clearer and formed a thick line on the edge. My hair had grown long with natural Navy blue strikes. Standing at a height of 5'9 I had a fit body like that of a runner and slight visible muscles and abs.

I didn't look anything like the Hailey 3 years back and I'm proud of it.

Stepping out I headed to my closet. I chose a dark purple skinny jeans and a white halter neck top from the closet and completed it with a pair of Ankle length Black boots. I quickly dried my hair and tied it in a messy bun.

I put mild make-up just so as to keep it natural, like a thick line of black eyeliner and a little blush. And lastly applied gloss on my lips.

Taking one last look at my attire and satisfied I headed out the door to the kitchen.

Entering I saw Ethan and Kevin fighting for the last waffle. So engrossed in their argument, they didn't notice me sneaking in and stuffing it in my mouth.

"Kevin that is mine, I called dibs on it first." Ethan yelled poking Kevin's chest in anger.

"No its mine I already told you, I'm takin'-, where the hell is it?" He looked down in disbelief.

I bursted out laughing with waffle crumbs on my face.

"Sorry but I didn't know it was taken." I said innocently.

They glared at me and I smiled sweetly. The next thing I know was I'm on the floor and they were tickling the life out of me.

"Stop please I'm sorry" I cried out between laughs.

But they continued laughing their ass out at me squirming under them. Though tickling is supposed to cause a great amount of discomfort I couldn't seem to stop my laughter. This they took as an encouragement and continued mercilessly. After what seemed like a long time, pitying my state they got off and hoisted me up. I glared playfully at them.

They just smirked at me as I tried to catch my breath and steady my heart rate.

"You deserve that" Ethan stated in triumph.

"You guys better know paybacks a bitch!" I grinned and wiped that smirk off their faces.

Oh yes when I take my revenge, boy do they hate it. My sweet revenges had mercy on no one.

"Come on kids lets head out" I teased while snatching an apple to munch on the way.

Head held down they followed me. Exiting the house I go to my ride. Oh my beautiful ride, The Aston Martin Vanquish, in a beautiful bright yellow color. Liam had given it to me few months back on my 18th birthday. That day was the best I ever had. I swear Liam was a charmer by birth. I was one hell of a lucky girl.

Kevin jumped in the passenger seat, while Ethan followed us on his sleek black with red strikes Ducati, or as he called it his first love. Within 20 minutes we pulled into the parking lot of the school.

The Jacksonville High School had 98% of wolf population and the rest were humans who knew about us and were cool with it. We lived in a small  town consisting of nearly 500-600 people mostly werewolves. We were considered one of the largest packs.  

10 minutes for class to start I made my way to the locker with Ethan and Kevin behind me. While all the guys stared at me with lustful eyes, I could feel their wolf howling towards me while the girls give me the stink eye. My boys, Liam, Nate, Ethan, Kevin and Tyler are the hottest of them all in the school. With all of them on the scorer team and Liam as captain, I was hated by most of the female population.

Thinking about Liam I wondered what had come up. I missed him already. I hoped this thing that came up wasn't a serious one like rogue attack or something or else he'd tell me. What if he got hurt? No nothing like that would happen. I pushed those stupid bad thoughts aside.

I took my books for the first class from my locker and closed it. As I was about to turn I was welcomed with a bear hug, who only Lily was capable of. She was Liam's baby sister and my best girlfriend. Pulling back she giggled at me and I swear I just wanted to pull her cheeks.

"Oh Hailey I missed you." She cooed.

"Lily we met yesterday!" I pointed out in bewilderment.

"Yea whatever but I missed you so much." She said bitting her lip.

"Okay what do you want Lily? Come on spit it out!" I playfully scowled. Hearing this Kevin and Ethan sniggered, perfectly understanding her intentions.

I knew she wanted something because this lovey dovey behavior always led to a favor. Don't get me wrong, I love her but her favors always had something to do with boys or shopping.

"Oh okay Miss Know-it-all I need you to come with me tomorrow for a visit to the mall." She replied rolling her eyes at me.

Yup what did I just say about her favors.

"Please please don't say no." She begged with puppy dog eyes. Damn how could I say no to that?

"Fine I'll go." I signed in defeat.

"Yea I love you Hailey, you're the best." She screamed and hugged me. Just then the bell rang signaling the start of class.

"Ya ya Lily now come on, off you go." She waved and walked away.

"You're a sucker for everybody's puppy dog eyes Hailey darling." Ethan grinned knowingly.

"One of my many flaws." I answered sarcastically. They chuckled at my remark and I grinned.

As I reached my class they hugged me and went off to their classes. My first class was History and none of them were in it.

I entered and Mrs. Elena, my favorite teacher greeted me. Nodding in response I walked to my seat in the middle the class. As I walked over to my seat I could feel eyes on me and I was pretty sure most of them were filled with lust while others were of jealousy. I was used to this by now and turned a blind eye.

I sat down near Erick, one of the few guys who doesn't want to get into my pants. He smiled at me. Don't get me wrong, he was cute and handsome with blond hair and baby blue eyes. But unfortunately he was gay. He was new to our town and a human. He had lost his parents a year back and had come here to start afresh. He knew about us wolves and wished to stay with us. Soon we had become close friends.

"Alright class we will be continuing with our essays of your preferred war hero. So begin and this is due tomorrow." Mrs. Elena announced. There were a couple of groans to which she put a deaf ear to.

"So Hailey what's new with you? And where the hell is Liam?" Erick asked while fiddling with his paper.

"I don't know man; he left this morning before I woke and said he had some alpha duties." I signed.

"What do think must have happened?" he asked. He knew Liam always told me stuff, so if I didn't know it, then it had to be serious.

"I wish I knew. Hope nothing bad happened. Even Nate and Tyler weren't there, must be something big." I said in worry. My thoughts kept going to the worst case scenario.

"Hey baby relax maybe they must really have some paperwork or a minor problem. Come on, lighten up." He said, smiling and squeezing my shoulder.

"Yeah you're right. Anyways what's new with you?" I asked.

I noticed a sudden glint in his eyes and his lips twitched up. Someone was hidden something.

"Well tell me who the lucky guy is?" I teased  poking him with the pen.

A faint blush crept up his cheeks and he tried to hide it. No way was I letting this go. God he looked so cute.

"No it's nothing Hailey." He denied. He tried desperately to act natural but I saw right through him.

"Just tell me before I pull your cheeks and squeal like those other fan girls." I warned seriously.

"You wouldn't!" he said shocked.

The only thing he hated about being gay is the large number of fan girls. After he had come out of the closet, which apparently I had forced him to, he was welcomed warmly by mostly the girls and he hated that. They would hug him and kiss him. Follow him and sequel when he flashed a smile at them. Gosh these girls can squeal so loud that I'm sure somewhere a glass would have cracked. When they got out of hand I stepped up and scared them away.

Other than a few jackass homophobes, everyone else was cool. Those who had the guts to curse him, got royally kicked by me. That did the job to shut them up.

"You bet I would. I'm the only fan girl you'll ever have sweetheart. So you bet on that!"  I smiled sweetly at him.

He signed in defeat "fine but don't you dare do or say anything when I tell you this." He shook his finger in front of as if I was a two year old kid.

"okay cross my heart and hope to die." I said, crossing my fingers over my heart in a mock promise.

Eyes filled with disbelief he continued,

"There is this guy---"

"Oh my god my baby has become big and in love!" I cooed loudly.

"Miss Hailey mind telling us the reason of your outburst" Mrs. Elena stated curiously.

"Hmm nothing Mrs.Elena, I just got little carried away."I answered in embarrassment.

The rest of the class heard what I said and were staring curiously at Erick. I looked at him and I tired to hold back my laughter. He was as red as a tomato. I chuckled and ruffled his hair.

He snapped his head towards me and glared. He looked more adorable and I laughed out, but quickly covered it with a cough.

"You will pay for this Hailey big time." He whisper-yelled.

"Oh yea bring it on, but you look adorable darling it's not my fault." I teased.

To this he turned a darker shaped of red, if that is even possible.

For the rest of the class he ignored me. I let him compose himself and knew he'd come around eventually. So I started on my essay like a good girl. The bell rang and everybody filed out of class. Erick left before me so I rushed to follow.

"Hey Erick wait." I ran to him and caught up with him." I'm sorry." I said sincerely.

"It's fine." He answered. I hugged him and kissed his cheek.

"Alrighty now. Who is the guy that has caught the eye of my best friend?" I teased.

"He is in my chem. class. You might know him. His name is Xavier" he said, as I took his hand in mine and walked ahead.

Xavier. Yes I knew him maybe not so well. He was a quite guy and I know he was one of the warriors. He was 20 years but hadn't completed graduation so he joined the school. As far as I know, he didn't have a relationship with anyone and nor did he show interest in the girls around. I had spoken to him once and he was great. We had laughed at random stuff. But I doubt he came across as gay.

"Yes I do know him. But is he gay?" I asked him.

"I don't know. In class he keeps given me these signals that he does. But I have never seen him with guys. Nor girls. I'm so confused." He signed in frustration.

"Hey sweety you need to talk to him. Find out what he feels. And if not you need to move on buddy." I stated the obvious. It's no point beating around a bush.

"Your right. Anyways I'll see you back at the pack house, got music practice after school." He signed.

"Okay bye. Take care and give me details later. I love you!"

"Love you too, Hailey."

I hugged him and he ran to his class while I walked to my class which was social studies. Oh God, the horror!

(Like the Chapter? Then go ahead and click that little star.)  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

585K 12.9K 21
Emeli and Derek have been best friends ever since they could remember. Derek being the future alpha of the Shadow Moon Pack and her twin brother bein...
565K 13.9K 28
"I dont want a weak pathetic and fat ugly mate like you. I will find another well deserving mate and Luna . Whats your full name?" "Emerald Hazen" i...
194K 3.6K 14
After being rejected by her mate, Jennifer spent years devoted to her new pack and Alpha, hoping he would choose her as his mate and Luna. But then h...
15.8K 802 13
// Completed // Spencer Croft is the Beta of the Wolfe Creek pack and future Luna of it. But after having spent the last four years fighting in the...