Grand Hierarchy

By Thumpastix

When the Pines sent their two children, much rather teens growing into adults actually, to the mysterious tow... More

Pilot
Welcome Back Kids
Vivid Dreaming
Shopping!
What's The Deal
MysteryFair
Break
Take Charge
Come Back
Chickfriends

Lifes Worth

580 27 8
By Thumpastix

"GRUNKLE STAN! WHERE IS THE NUTELLA?!"

"UH, IT'S IN THE ALCOHOLIC CUPBOARD!"

"WHY IN BILLS NAME IS IT DOING IN THERE?"

"BECAUSE I DIDNT WANT IT NEXT TO MY SHIT."

"AUGH!"

Mabel went to go grab a stool to reach the cupboard where her Grunkle had hidden the large container of Nutella.

The morning started quite franticly; lots of things were in place for today's events. Mabel was going over to Pacifica's place to head on their trip to the aquarium in who knows where, Grunkle Stan had 'business' to attend to for the majority of the day, and Bill was off doing 'research'. Dipper would be all by himself. He would have to space to think, breathe, possibly relax, and maybe even read. It sounded like the perfect evening.

---------

Dipper found his way to his room after the delicious Nutella pancake breakfast Mabel had cooked up. Mabel had left, and Grunkle Stan is... Well, who cares. He was alone and safe and in a quiet room where his thoughts could wander for eternity... Maybe not eternity, but for quite a while at least.

He smiled to himself and plopped down on his bed with an old book, opening it, and blowing off the dust from its page. This book used to be one of his favorites, but ever since he came to Gravity Falls and found the Journal, he really hadn't read the book in years!

Gravity falls had changed his damn life. He wouldn't say it skrewed up his life, just... It twisted every Alternative future that he used to think he'd be in. In other words, he no longer wanted to be an astronaut, biologist, detective... well he could be a Gravity Falls detective. That label sounded pretty darn cool. Gravity Falls Detective, Dipp- no, D. Pines.

...D. Pines.

The book had a few smeared words and the text was typewritten by a typewriter, but his favorite part about the book was the old yellowed-page scent.
It marveled him, it made him think that maybe, just perhaps, the scents from a hundred years ago were trapped in the very book. Though he knew the book must've been passed around the country a few time before him receiving it, and that the 'scent of books' didn't necessary work like that, it was still fun to pretend.

The story took place in a mansion where an older teenage boy discovered many secrets about his past relatives in his own...very... home. Many of the secrets went over his head as a child but now, old enough to understand the discreet language of the mansions butlers and maids, and the secrets beneath the grounds floor, he finds the one mystery of his families great lost devotion. Finally, finding out after the trouble he had gotten himself into while doing so, his parents were extremely upset. They didn't want him to know, hear, find out that their entire family's wealth and riches was a fraud...and that there was only one way to make up for it: by bringing back to life their ancestors who'd gotten themselves into this mess. So, keeping him from wandering off into endless cemeteries with shovels on hand, or creating a Frankenstein-like monster out of dead human remains, they locked their only son in the far side of the mansion. Two meals a day, A lovely orange tabby cat who wandered through the doors tiny hole, and schoolwork that was to be done was the only times he was able to see any lifeforms... Giving him a surplus of time to think to himself.

The amount of time the boy got to himself caused him to think about life. It's mistakes, the beginning, how slow or fast it took, the end, dieing, the death and mourning afterwards. The boy soon started thinking about these thoughts more and more, the hours turned into days, the days into weeks, the weeks into months, and months into years. He slowly drove himself insane, the thought of death was at a constant. The thought of an end. There must be something afterwards, right? Something nice. Something better than being trapped in a room for life. Something likewise at least. There wouldn't be anymore fighting starvation. No more lack of energy. No more stress or anxiety.

No more insanity.

After the countless years, he found himself to be in an empty mansion. Apparently his parents grew old and forgot about him being there, along with all the old butlers and maids, having had most of them being replaced anyways. They all left. No food trays came. No noise beneath his rooms floor, nor on the staircase to his room on the far side of the mansion. The orange tabby must've even died from age or being taken, because it no longer came through the doors' tiny hole either. He was abandoned, weak, lost, and in his own perspective, insane.

Luckily for him, his last tray wasn't taken back downstairs and had been sitting on the counter for the past few days. He eventually urged himself to stumble over there, throw the ceramic plate against the wall, where he stood over the shattered remains eyeing the largest piece in particular. He slowly bent down, rocking back and forth on his toes, and shakily picked up the large ceramic piece. He brought back the piece to his mess of a bed, and continuously tapped it in an unrhythmic pattern until the sun finally set.

He committed suicide that night with the broken plate, and about a week later, the forgetful parents arrived back home from a vacation to find their only son dead.

The fact that driving yourself into insanity to the point were you were numb fascinated Dipper. It was a mystery story for the first half of the book and turned into a crazy-insane sad genre for the last half. He hadn't ever found a book like it, and he treasured the sadness with his [throbbing] heart.

He closed the book sharply, setting it aside and tried to wipe away the tears on his face while he kind of half smiled. He was glad he had a life that didn't steer him that way, a family that accepted his choices...even if they made fun of them. His own abnormal adventure, Gravity Falls...

Bill...

"Pine tree! Are you alright?" Bill had appeared on the bedside, wearing a deeply concerned expression.

"Oh! Bill! I-I'm fine," he quietly did one last sniffle and smiled in Bills direction. "It was just a book I was reading, it has a difficult plot line and it's ending is... It's simply phenomenal Bill!"

"Oh...," the demons shoulders calmed and he walked over to sit beside him.
"Just another sappy human with another sappy storybook."

Dipper shoved him for that one.
"If it's so sappy, why don't you read it?" He gave Bill a smirk shoving the old book towards him. The demon rolled his eyes and took the book, "Fiiiine if it'll keep you from crying like a sap."

Bill literally must've taken 5 seconds basically just flipping through the entire book because Dipper, mesmerized, stared at him the entire time without even blinking!

"Is that seriously how you read?"

"No, I basically can receive the information of a book or magazine by touching the cover. I just flipped through it to waste 5 seconds of your time."

"You're joking. Right?"

"I kid you not hun, I'm a being of pure energy and I have all the time in the world."

"You sure are pure alright," the boy murmured and grinned when he got toppled over into his back.

Having the demon on top of him felt a little normal, considering on how they interacted on a daily basis. But... He wasn't quite sure he wanted to take it further than the playful ass grabs and sweet-as-hell kisses. No. Not yet.

He tried shoving Bill over, but he didn't even budge! Way to play fair cipher.

"You know that's not my game."

Bill leaned over him, casting a shadow onto the boy from the windows bright rays. Dipper shuddered as the shadow almost instantly made him cooler, but grinned at the magic Bill cleverly used.

"Scientifically, I would still be warm from the suns r-"

"But with magic there's an advantage."

"I'm going to pretend you didn't soun-"

"Sexy."

"Bill PLEASE JUST-"

"Take you now?"

The boys face flushed within mere seconds. The demon was being difficult, was he trying to manipulate him? Use him? Who was this? What IS this? He can't- no he can't be serious?

"HAHa ohhhh Pine Tree, your emotions rush like a tween girl in front of her first crush! I was JOKING."

"Mm...," the boy looked to the side, refusing to make eye contact.

"Honest."

Bill lifted the boys chin to look at him directly. He gave him a sincere look and Dipper soon gave in and half smiled.

"Bill... Okay I'm going to be honest before anything just... I don't know, happens? I'm not very comfortable well... Ya know with... Err..."

"I hear you Pine Tree. Loud and clear. You don't want to get too detailed with our "fun times"."

"Oh my fucking gosh BILL. 'Fun times'???"

"Haha yes because you seriously can't handle much more mature words. Your poor innocent mind is too precious, and far too young."

"Offensive! I'm damn old enough nonetheless mature enough thank you very much!"

"Ohhhh are you now?"

"Hell yes!"

"Then you wouldn't mind me saying more mature words like...?"

"I'm quite sure I'm very capable!"

"...sex."

Dipper fought back the urge of covering his face, "Simply a subject if rather not advance to... Or at least not yet..."

"And I completely understand," Bill traced his silk gloved fingers down the others neck, "But, as long as it doesn't lead to such things...?"

"I think I can handle it."

"Fantastic," he started to unbutton the collar of his shirt as well as little of his own.

"Aren't you going to make that into a deal or something?" Dipper questioned, expecting blue flames to appear.

"I don't have to... you see," he trailed his cold fingers around Dippers upper body, slightly raking the skin, "you've already given me access to your body. Out of persuasion of course, and your own choice."

The boy hummed, and the sad thoughts were long forgotten. Replaced with the new memories of what he could find in the new mansion. The mansion he and the demon would be discovering mysteries in. He liked the idea that he had some control in his singular life. Bill had definitely reassured that, right?

~~~~~~~

AHHHHHHHHhh

Sorry if it sounded a bit rushed???

Feedback is always welcomed!

Super hyped for the new episode!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

61.7K 2.4K 18
After eight years, twins Dipper and Mabel Pines have finally returned to Gravity Falls to spend another summer with their Grunkle Stan. But something...
478 10 7
When a dream scares the living daylights out of Dipper, the twins make an unscheduled trip to Gravity Falls. As Dipper tries to battle his inner demo...
194K 3.5K 28
After recovering Ford (Stan's Brother) from the portal, Stan decided it would be safer if the Pines twins went home. So without question Dipper and M...
204K 6.7K 76
"Humans are dangerous and cruel. They'll hurt you Pine-Tree. I'm the only one you can trust." - Bill Mabel and Dipper Pines. The two mystery twins ar...