Love Hard

By Scratch2Star

*Previously Titled 'Unbreak'* Lucia Waters is a freshman at NYU and she could't be happier. Studying the cou... More

Copyright Statement
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
BONUS CHAPTER- PART 1.
BONUS CHAPTER PART-2

Chapter 4

1.1K 36 4
By Scratch2Star

"Love looks not with the eyes, but with the mind, And therefore is winged Cupid painted blind. "

-William Shakespeare 

**********************

Songs for this chapter- She Will Be Loved- Maroon 5

                                               Someone Like You-Adele

(Song Suggestions Are Welcome)

**********************

PICTURE- Tia Ellison Curtis (played by Vanessa Hudgens)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I honestly wasn't expecting this class to be so interesting. Mr. Martinez sure knows what he is talking about", Armel said to me as we made our way out of the class.

"The class sure was interesting", I responded, nodding my head but for a whole different reason.

"Lucia, may I ask you a question?", his voice came out a bit broken and unsure like he was still contemplating in his head whether to ask me the question or not.

"Yes sure", I gave him a reassuring smile.

He nodded his head as if my response had given him a boost of confidence. " Do you know that Jason Chase from before? Eh, do you like him?"

"What?", I admit I was a tad bit shocked by his question. "Like him? What makes you think I like him?"

"Well, for the starters you called him your ange gardien. Guardian angel. And you couldn't seem to take um...your eyes off him?", it sounded more like a question, like he was too afraid he had offended me.

He hadn't though, he just wasn't aware and I couldn't tell him. Not yet at least.

"No, no I don't like him, I mean I do but not that way. I don't even know him", I uttered quickly.

An expression that can only be described as pure bewilderment covered his face. "I don't quite understand you, jeune fille."

I sighed, I wish I could explain but it's not that easy.

"Look Armel, I don't like him yeah? I don't know him either.It's a long story but I can't tell you right now. You understand right?", I looked at him expectantly.

"I'm trying", he replied. "Let's forget this. okay? Let's just go to the canteen. I'm starving", he said clutching his stomach dramatically.

I laughed. "Yes, me too."

Just then someone brushed past me hurriedly and a distinct essence of his cologne, crisp mint and pinewood, hit me. Even from behind I could make out who he was.

Jason Chase.

"Armel", I quickly turned to him. "You go to the cafeteria, I'll meet you there."

I was already chasing Jason. "But where are you going?", Armel called out after me.

"Be right there", I shouted back and rushed past hordes of students. Jason was already descending the staircase. "Hey", I called out to him. "Hey, wait!"

But, he didn't seem to hear me, he just kept walking without as much as a pause. Where is he going? I rushed down the stairs like a mad woman earning scathing looks from everyone I passed. But I didn't care anymore. I had to stop him. "Halt man, halt", I said in a majestic Roman accent which for some reason I find useful in situations like these, but it seemed to me that this person was deaf. Why can't he hear me?

"Has she gone insane?", I heard someone say. I just rolled my eyes and continued to race through the corridor, a seemingly endless corridor, running behind a fast moving mop of sleek black hair. I was so focused on him that I didn't notice a small girl carrying a tower of books twice her size until I straight up collided with her making not only the books fall but their tiny carrier also.

Oops.

I looked down at the mess I had made. "I am so sorry", I apologized covering my face with both my hands. I felt the blood rushing to my cheeks and realized that I must have turned beet red by now. I extended my hand towards her, she took it and pulled herself up. "I'm sorry, I'm sorry! I didn't see you. I don't know how, I was just...", I hurriedly bent down to pick up all her books, she did the same. "I'm so very sorry, I hope you aren't hurt". I desperately hoped she wasn't.

"Relax, relax", her voice was squeaky, yet it had the desired calming effect on me. I took a deep breath and tried relaxing as I placed the last book on the top of the stacked pile. 

"It wasn't your fault entirely, I didn't see you either."

"I don't blame you for that", I said thinking of this huge pile of book in front of her eyes which must have made it impossible for her to see.

She laughed awkwardly.

"Where are you heading to, do you need any help?" I offered to carry half of her books, the poor girl looked like she would crumple under their weight.

"Oh no, no I'll manage, anyway I'm going to the opposite side of the campus and you appear to be in a hurry. You should go wherever you were going. I'm accustomed to carrying heavy books, believe me this is nothing." 

I looked at her, scrutinizing her discreetly. She must be a five feet tall and possessed beautiful ginger, long wavy hair which reached her waist, her face looked a little tired but her twinkling gray eyes looked as lively as ever. If this girl says she is accustomed to carrying heavy loads, then I have to admit that her features are quite deceiving. 

"Are you sure?", I questioned, unconvinced.

She lifted the pile of books swiftly and smiled at me. 

"I'm talking about myself sweetheart, why would I not be sure?", saying those words she went ahead taking confident strides leaving me standing alone.

Hmm, I looked ahead, searching for a particular shade of raven hair but in vain. Where did he go? Determined to find him, I went ahead peeking in each and every room there. Most of them were empty except for a few students engrossed in their books.

At least I'm not that kind of nerd. Not anymore.

I halted at the door of another room located at the end, far away from the lockers. Is this a lecture hall, I wondered. I gripped the door knob, deliberating whether to turn it or not.

Oh just do it, a voice in my head echoed. What's the worst thing you can find?

I slowly turned the knob and pushed the door open without making a sound. Entering the room, I softly closed the door behind me. I quickly ran my eyes over the place.

"OH MY GOD", the words came out of my own mouth and I quickly slapped my hand over it, to stop myself from saying any further but it was too late. The damage had been done and now I had to bear with the consequences.

The girl turned around to face me. She was barely clothed in a black crop top and a skirt that hardly covered her vitals. Her black hair was messily tied in a high pony tail and something told me that the mess wasn't made by her. She didn't bother to stand up from the lap of the guy she was straddling, whose face was hid by her body.

She looked at me venomously, sending daggers in my direction.

Boy, if looks could kill, I know I'd be dead by now.

"What?", she snapped, irritably.

"I..well I...I, actually I..", I spluttered, finding it hard to find my own voice.

"YOU WHAT?", the girl screamed at me, her tone laced with poison.

I jumped a bit backward, partly because I was startled at her sudden outburst and partly because I was intimidated by her. I wanted to run and hide, but my feet were stuck to the ground. Damn it! Why can't I move in situations like these. Only if I had taken the self defense classes that Lexi had wanted me to enroll in so badly.

I lowered my head and stood silently, praying for this to be over soon.

"But baby", I heard her whine and looked back up. Apparently, the guy was removing her from his lap. She slowly slid down and adjusted her skirt,then turned back to look at me with disdain and disgust.

Aren't I the one who is supposed to be disgusted?

The guy behind her stood up to his full height, so now his face was visible.

If before I was shocked, then right now it would be best to say that I felt like Zeus's lightning bolt had hit me. I was flabbergasted.

"Jason", only my lips moved, my voice was still stuck somewhere in my throat.

He walked up to me, not once his eyes left mine. I tried searching his face for a hint of emotion which could help me decipher what he was feeling, I saw none. Either this boy is incapable of feeling anything or too stubborn to show it.

In both cases, I felt disappointed. I looked at the girl behind him and a twang of pain shot through my chest. Why? What was I thinking?

He came to a halt, barely two inches away from me. He just stood there, looking at me intensely without uttering a word. My heart was beating wildly in my chest and my palms were sweaty.

Fight or Flight. Just adrenaline, I told myself.

"I, I just", I felt a little relief at finally finding my voice, "I came to say thank you."

A shadow crossed his face which I felt was surprise, but why would he be surprised? Had no one ever thanked him before?

"I heard you", he finally said in his deep, husky voice.

"Okay", I said. Was welcome a hard thing to say?

He was tongue tied for a moment. "Get out", he finally said as calmly as he had spoken before.

"Pardon", I questioned in disbelief. How can he be so rude?

"Get out", he repeated.

"Yes, I heard you! I heard you the first time", I quickly spun on my heels and left the room as fast as I could afraid I'd cry on my first day of college. I ran as fast as I could to the cafeteria, not caring how many people I bumped in on the way.

"Lucia", someone grabbed my shoulders and stopped me. I looked up to find Armel, concern evident in his eyes. "Why are you walking so fast, are you okay?"

"Oh Armel", I hugged him as tightly as I could, blinking rapidly to stop any tears from falling. 

He hugged me back softly. "What happened?"

"I don't want to talk", I said in a shaky voice.

He was quite for a moment."Hmm, belle dame, do you want to eat?"

I pulled myself back together and parted from the embrace. "Yes please", I said laughing slightly.

The cafeteria was pretty crowded, I and Armel took the only empty table left. I picked up my hamburger and took a bite.

"Surprisingly, it's eatable", I commented.

"Really?", Armel was still looking at his tray, quite unsure.

I was amused. "Yes, trust me."

"All right then", he picked up the hamburger from his tray and ate it. "Surprisingly, it is."

I laughed. "So, your English is pretty good actually, I'm  surprised", I said, "obviously in a good way", I added. 

"Thank You. My grandmother was a British national. She made sure I learned the language. She used to tell me stories in English and I spent my vacations in London. Lovely city. You should visit sometime. Grandmother would be pleased to have you."

"That is such a sweet thought Armel, I'd love to meet her someday." 

"Hey", I heard someone say, I turned to see the small girl I had bumped into earlier.

"Hi", I greeted her cheerfully.

She slipped into the chair adjacent to mine. "Hiya", she smiled at Armel.

"Hello", he responded looking at me. 

"Oh yes! I'm Lucia and this is Armel and Armel this is- um.."

"Tia. I'm Tia Ellison Curtis. Mathematics major."

"Oh that's great, we're majoring in History", Armel told her.

"Are these even eatable?" she asked eyeing the hamburgers.

"Surprisingly, they are", Armel and I responded in unison and all three of us laughed.

I have a feeling that the three if us are going to be very good friends. 

I leaned back in my chair, taking a whiff from my hamburger but the only aroma settled in my head was that of mint and pinewood.

Damn.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes I know I updated yesterday (or earlier today, depending on your time zone), but I again found time to sneak an update today.

Cheers angels.

Don't forget to vote, comment, follow and share.

That was a little rude of Jason. But no worries, he is cuteeee (or hot o_O) 

Tehehehe.

Anyway Love You.

XO

-Shay Girl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

57 5 31
A story of love, adventure, risk, and self-growth that happens when least expected... ELAINA RHODES is an NYU student with a low paying job, not enou...
107K 2.6K 45
"its like I'm drowning but i cant stop breathing" seventeen year old Elliana Browden is starting junior year with her bestfriend, she is not a nerd...
420 26 29
Where Layla, a seventeen-year-old high school student, must learn to come to terms with how Kai, who is new to town, looks exactly like the nameless...
120K 4.3K 32
Aren't one sided crushes fun? NOT! 18 year old Melody Jenkins has spent the last 3 years of high school crushing on one guy, Jake Kensington, who see...