Deaf not Different

By WellGoodLuckWithThat

It's not easy, being deaf, it never has. Kids at school are mean. They have never understood why I talk the w... More

Prologue

Chapter 1; A Special Kind of Someone

3 0 0
By WellGoodLuckWithThat

I wake up with my brown, wavy hair askew. This happens every morning, but its better than usual if I fishtail braid it, I probably won't have to wash it. This could mean I have more time, to sleep, go on the internet, and do my homework... HA! Just kidding. I don't wait until the last minute to do my homework, but today I had reason to. Yesterday was awesome. Its kind of weird, because I've always had old or weird or scary neighbors, but just a couple of months ago, some people moved in. They brought their chickens with them, and since I live in Indiana, this wasn't strange to me. I just now am starting to get to know them, and I think I might wake up now, a little so I can get dressed.

I run down the stairs, and it looks like everyone else is sleeping. I start to make a bowl of cereal for myself and try not to make noise--even though I can't hear it, I'm still considerate. Then I go to wake up my brother, we're twins, but we don't look like it at all. I look like the older one, and he still looks like he's 12. He gets up slowly and scratches his head.

"Get up Jae!! WAKEY WAKEY!!" I slap the back of his head.

"ugh. I hate you." he signs and says because he's just that good.

"Love you too bro. NOW. What could today be might you ask?"

"I didn't ask--"

"MY DRIVING TEST!!!!!!"

"and mine..." he signs sadly.

"Well, we know you're gonna fail yours anyways."

"Whatever Jade!! YOU are the bad driver."

"WHY?"

"You're deaf dummy."

"Well yea, but I think that I have the right to drive just like anyone else." I walk out and I'm a little hurt, actually. I grab my toothbrush from the holder and brush for a really long time. Once I'm done, I get dressed in my favorite tank, because it's supposed to be the first nice day of the year, and I don't care if I get in trouble, I can just block them out. Since I go to a public, hearing school, I have struggled keeping up, but I REFUSE to have a creepy interpreter follow me around. NOT HAPPENING.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

202K 9.9K 56
ငယ်ငယ်ကတည်းက ရင့်ကျက်ပြီး အတန်းခေါင်းဆောင်အမြဲလုပ်ရတဲ့ ကောင်လေး ကျော်နေမင်း ခြူခြာလွန်းလို့ ကျော်နေမင်းက ပိုးဟပ်ဖြူလို့ နာမည်ပေးခံရတဲ့ ကောင်မလေး နေခြ...
1.1M 59.9K 38
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
3.6M 85.3K 141
Soon to be Published under GSM Darlene isn't a typical high school student. She always gets in trouble in her previous School in her grandmother's pr...
947K 83.8K 38
𝙏𝙪𝙣𝙚 𝙠𝙮𝙖 𝙠𝙖𝙧 𝙙𝙖𝙡𝙖 , 𝙈𝙖𝙧 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙢𝙞𝙩 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞 𝙃𝙤 𝙜𝙖𝙮𝙞 𝙢𝙖𝙞...... ♡ 𝙏𝙀𝙍𝙄 𝘿𝙀𝙀𝙒𝘼𝙉𝙄 ♡ Shashwat Rajva...