Fighting The Light (A Harry P...

By hogwarts-is-my-home8

Amber Chamberlin disliked James Potter very much. There was no way of putting it simpler or plainer. From the... More

Fighting The Light (A Harry Potter Next Generation Fanfic Book 1)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Epilogue

Chapter 28

5.2K 142 78
By hogwarts-is-my-home8

Amber Chamberlin

"Good morning my lovely girlfriend." James swooped down and kissed my cheek on the morning of November the 1st.

"Good morning my annoying boyfriend." I smirked at him as he sat across from me at my table in the common room.

"Hey!" He cried, quickly furrowing his eyebrows and crossing his arm's over his chest like a mardy child would.

"Oh shut up you know I'm only joking." I laughed at his expression as I flipped through my Advanced Potions book.

"I know, good thing that I love you." He grinned cheekily leaning over the table.

"Aw someone's in a cute mood today." I grinned, patting his cheek.

"Ew can you two please stop being disgustingly cute." Fred cringed as he, Kyle and Adira took spare seats and pulled them up to our table.

"Can I not have two minutes of privacy with my girlfriend." James rolled his eyes, sitting back in his chair.

"Mate with us around you'll never get two minutes alone." Kyle chuckled.

"Great." James muttered.

"Good morninggggg!" Adira grinned, sitting down on the edge of Kyle's chair as Nadia and Cassie got their own seat's.

"Morning." I laughed at Adira's happy grin. She was such a morning person.

"Why are you always so loud and happy in the morning Ads, it's so annoying." Kyle groaned, holding his hand's over his ear's.

"Oh shut up Kyle, don't spoil my amazing mood." Adira glared at him.

"Hey where's Tanner this morning?" Nadia asked looking around for sandy brown haired boy.

"No idea, he left before any of us woke up this morning." Fred shrugged.

"What's wrong with him lately?" Nadia asked us. All of our eye's fell to the floor as she asked. Everyone single on of us had figured out Tanner's feeling's towards Nadia, everyone except Nadia. We couldn't tell her!

"We don't know Nads." James saved the day.

"Hopefully he'll open up to one of us soon." She shrugged a little.

"Come on, let's go to breakfast I'm starving." Fred told us.

"Mate you're always starving." James rolled his eyes.

"Let's go." I laughed pulling James' up out of his seat to shut him up.

"You know, there are simpler ways to shut me up." He winked, pointing to his lip's.

"In your dreams."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Good morning class, could you please turn to page 785." Professor Slughorn ordered the class later that day.

James quickly turned to the page number that we needed however my mind was fixed somewhere else. I watched as Tanner shuffled nervously in his seat trying to concentrate on the book but not having much luck. It was hard for him as he had to sit with Nadia in quite a few classes. I didn't understand why he wouldn't just tell her.

"You need to leave him to it Amber, the only way that Nadia can find out is through him." James rested his hand on my arm to get my attention.

"I know, I know, I just feel so bad for him because he looks really uncomfortable around her now and she's beginning to notice. It's hurting her too." I told him with a sigh.

"Then maybe you're the best person to talk to him. Get him alone after dinner tonight and tell him what you think, maybe it will help him see sense." James gave me a small smile as he crushed two pea pods.

"You're right, that's what I'll do. Thank you." I smiled.

"I'd ask for a kiss in return but I don't think Slughorn looks like the type of person who likes public displays of affection." James grinned cheekily.

"Maybe later." I winked, adding the empty pea pods to our potion.

"Now I'm looking forward to later." James grinned.

Seconds later the door opened and in walked a tiny first year boy. He shakily added a note to Professor Slughorn and darted from the classroom.

"Miss Chamberlin, Mr Potter, you are needed in the Headmistresses Office, you are excused from your potion and the rest of the class." Professor Slughorn gave us both a warm smile.

"What have you done now?" I turned and glared at James jokingly.

"Hey! It might've been you Chamberlin, you never know!" He cried, quickly picking up his book and following me out of the classroom.

"Why do you think she wants to see us two?" I asked James as he took my hand and the two of us headed off towards Professor McGonagall's office.

"I've no idea, maybe someone has reported us for being to cute." He cheekily winked at me.

"Yeah that's definitely not the reason." I laughed, rolling my eyes at him.

"In all seriousness I don't know, I've been behaving for once so..." James shrugged, looking just as curious as I felt.

"Well there's always a first for everything." I grinned whilst James frowned at me, pretending that he was hurt by my word's.

"Ouch I'm wounded." He stated, placing his hand's over his heart.

"You'll get over it." I shrugged with a grin.

We finally made it to Professor McGonagall's Office Entrance and the two of us stared at each other for a moment trying to figure out the password.

"I thought you might have known it!" I rolled my eyes.

"Hey! I've no even been in there that many times! Hang wait....I do know it!" James grinned triumphantly.

"Oh so there is something in your head then." I grinned at his reaction.

"Is this bully James day or something?!" He cried "The password is Albus."

"Albus?" I asked, a little confused.

"As in Albus Dumbledore Amber, not my brother." James rolled his eyes and grinned at me as we climbed the stairs to Professor McGonagall's Office door.

"Oh shut up! I knew that!" I cried, pushing him lightly on the shoulder.

Once we had reached the top of the stairs James knocked twice, the two of us looking at each other in confusion when there was no answer.

"Come in." A voice said minutes later. Why had it taken that long?

"Dad?" Was James' first reaction when we entered the office.

"Ah Mr Potter, Miss Chamberlin I'm glad you got my message." Professor McGonagall addressed us first.

"Should I start talking?" Harry Potter asked Professor McGonagall, ignoring James' questioning glances.

"Of course, you are the reason I called them here Potter." Professor McGonagall rolled her eyes before taking a seat behind her desk.

"What's this about Dad?" James immediately asked.

"Patience James, I'm getting there. I called you both here because I've been given the permission to tell you that someone has been arrested for the attack on Amber." Harry told us both, looking quite grave as he spoke.

"What? Really? Who?!" James cried all at once.

"I'm afraid you aren't going to take this news lightly." Harry sighed.

"Okay...." I trailed off ready to hear the worst.

"The person who has been arrested and who we think is responsible for the attack is Kieran Miles." Harry told us, looking down at the floor.

"WHAT?!" I cried.

"Really?" James asked, he was surprisingly calm for once.

I couldn't process the news properly. Kieran had been my best friend for nearly six years how could he ever do that to me?! What did I ever do that was so bad that it made him want to harm me. Heck he could've killed me!

"Yes, there's convincing evidence that it was him. His name was on the list of people who attended our party. Also, those CCTV cameras that Hermione suggested saw Kieran and a hooded figure over your body Amber. We think that this is after you were attacked." Harry explained.

I put my hand on my head, staring down at the floor. How could he?!

"Miss Chamberlin are you okay? Do you need to sit down?" Professor McGonagall asked suddenly.

I nodded slowly, allowing James to slip a chair under my legs and sitting me down in it.

"I know that this is a lot to take in Amber but I thought that it was best to tell you." Harry told me sympathetically.

"Yes thank you, I'm really great-full thanks Harry." I gave him a small smile. Of course I had wanted to know who my attacker was, but I just hadn't expected it to be quite that shocking.

"You okay?" James asked me quietly, pulling a chair up next to my own and placing his arm around my shoulder's, pulling me closer to him as Harry and Professor McGonagall spoke quietly.

"Yeah, I'm just really shocked that's all." I replied.

"I don't blame you, so am I." James sighed.

"Just why? What did I do to him?" I was so confused.

"That's always gonna be the question." James replied.

And he was right, my question was always going to be why. What did I ever do to Kieran Miles to make him hate me so badly?

*********************************************************************

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

67 6 21
The stars finally align for the young Olivia Kelly. After a rough 5 years at Hogwarts the young witch finally begins to gain popularity and friends...
269K 7.1K 28
*This book was written years ago when I was young and inexperienced. It will be really cringey at times so read at your own risk. I DO NOT support JK...
207K 4.7K 34
Leianna Sweary has been through a lot since her first year at Hogwarts. She has been through more than any typical teenager. Her first year resulted...