nebula :: [malik]

By charismatize

"Zayn, the stars don't come out in a city that never sleeps." In which two people must help each other pass... More

nebula
[ p. :: nebula ]
[ i :: dark ]
[ ii :: alphabet ]
[ iii :: unlucky ]
[ iv :: portrait ]
[ v :: likes ]
[ vi :: lab ]
[ vii :: coffee ]
[ viii :: gazing ]
[ ix :: napkin ]
[ x :: party ]
[ xi :: drinking ]
[ xii :: sidekick ]
[ xiii :: constellations ]
[ xiv :: dating ]
[ xv :: bowling ]
[ xvi :: sunday ]
[ xvii :: sucking ]
[ xviii :: drinks ]
[ xix :: snapchat ]
[ xx :: third wheel ]
[ xxi :: single ]
[ xxii :: photography ]
[ xxiii :: friendship ]
[ xxiv :: bad boys ]
[ xxv :: matchmaker ]
[ xxvi :: weather ]
[ xxvii :: extra credit ]
[ xxviii :: games ]
[ xxix :: honesty ]
[ xxx :: ¡failure! ]
[ xxxi :: birthdays ]
[ xxxii :: his ]
[ xxxiii :: parenthood ]
[ xxxiv :: sunday (pt.2) ]
[ xxxv :: monday funday ]
[ xxxvii :: tequila ]
[ xxxviii :: seeing/believing ]
[ xxxix :: bitches (pt. 1) ]
[ xl :: bitches (pt. 2) ]
[ xli :: transition ]
[ xlii :: cold ]
[ xliii :: peanut gallery ]
[ xliv :: confrontation ]
[ xlv :: cheers ]
[ xlvi :: scone ]
[ xlvii :: almost ]
[ xlviii :: keys ]
[ xliv :: escape ]
[ xlv :: soeur ]
[ xlvi :: bubbly ]
[ xlvii :: nebula ]
[ xlviii :: hungry ]
[ xlix :: pillow talk ]
[ l :: bowling ]
[ epilogue :: sunday (pt. 3) ]
[ epilogue (2.) :: full house ]

[ xxxvi :: myths ]

2.6K 181 23
By charismatize

...she's not my girl, she's not my babe.

My stomach's in pain,

I hope I don't throw up all over what you told

But it hurts oh no no.

I can't even, I can't even believe what you did to me.

- "#icanteven" || The Neighbourhood

___

"On it he made the earth, and sky, and sea, the weariless sun and the moon waxing full, and all the constellations that crown the heavens, Pleiades and Hyades, the mighty Orion and the Bear, which men also call by the name of Wain: she wheels 'round in the same place and watches for Orion, and is the only one not to bathe in Ocean..."

Zayn doodles random pictures in the corner of his notebook as he sighs tiredly. It's ten minutes into his Astronomy class and already he's bored out of his mind. Anais is running late, having texted him a, On my way hehe sorry, and so now he has to suffer through this portion of class without her.

It's just been that kind of day, and Zayn is counting down the hours until 8 o'clock, when this class finally ends.

First of all, he woke up that morning to Louis and Niall and Harry, who'd slept over because his place with Li was 'too cold.'

Harry's words, not his.

Of course, his mates had been talking about Soo's party, because in all honesty, that was all Louis ever wanted to talk about, lately.

Apparently, Lou had already bought her her gift, and because of that, he whole-heartedly expected his friends to also get something as great as he had.

Or else.

Louis' words, not his.

"Well, I'm going with Ana to get her a gift," Harry had smiled cheekily.

Niall had snorted. "You sound so excited, Haz."

And Harry had responded, "I am. I like Anais," and he'd nudged Zayn. "I never get to see her 'cause she's always with you."

Niall had laughed. "I wonder why."

And naturally, Zayn had looked up.

He'd also rolled his eyes.

"Again? Like, again with this? Really?"

And here is where Louis had interjected: "You used to fancy her a bit, didn't you Haz?"

And naturally, Zayn had looked to Harry, as naturally, Harry had looked back at Zayn.

"I mean," Harry had shrugged, stating, mostly to Zayn and only a bit to Lou, "it was y'know, it was, y'know. It was just a crush."

"She's fit," Niall had agreed. "B'sides," he'd shrugged, "you're not the only one who's liked Anais."

And Louis had nodded. "And you're not gonna be the last, I promise ya."

Those words kind of put Zayn in a weird mood.

I mean, it's not like he didn't know these things, but he didn't exactly like thinking about them, because which guy likes imagining his girlfriend with other guys? Zayn thinks 'no one.' And the whole, 'Harry-used-to-like-Anais-thing,' came as a shock to him. He didn't know that. So, how come it seems like his mates did?

Harry, being the friend that he was, noticed this mood and tapped Zayn. "Look, Zayn, I promise, I don't," he'd shook his head of hair, "I swear I don't, I wouldn't, ever try to take Anais from you. Wouldn't dream of it. I promise."

Zayn had fought a little smile that won out eventually.

He'd clapped Harry on the shoulder. "I know, Haz," he'd said. "I know."

"Besides," Louis had nearly laughed, joking, "you're so in love with Ana I doubt you'd let her go even if she tried."

His mates had laughed.

Except all of that, that whole exchange, made him think of an infinite amount of 'what if's?' with most of them revolving around, 'How the hell is Anais going to react to this gallery?' God, is he really that boyfriend? The overbearing, lovestruck arse without a backbone?

What did Anais think about him? She had to like him, she was with him. She'd told him she loved him. She wasn't like Perrie, was she?

No.

Anais was not like Perrie.

And after one thought was dispelled, another appeared in its place.

But, really? Since when did Harry like Anais? Was it recent? Did he still have feelings?

He wasn't the only one. There was Lucky. He knew Lucky liked her even if she didn't know. Why didn't Anais understand that Lucky Blue Smith had a fucking crush on her?

See?

See how the cycle persisted?

It helps though, that he's now sat in Astrology, even though he'd probably rather be anywhere else.

It helps that he's got a distraction, and Zayn perks up as Anais enters the class, mumbling an incoherent, 'Sorry,' as she picks her way towards her seat and dodges the frown Cowell keeps shooting her from the front of the lecture hall.

"This is a passage taken from Homer's Iliad, Book XVIII, lines 486-490," Cowell says, pacing at the front of the room. "Now, can any of you tell me how this might relate to my lesson today?"

Zayn hides a smirk as she slips into her seat beside him.

"Hi," she whispers, shaking snow from her body as she slips out of her coat and hat and scarf that almost all seem to belong to him.

He leans against her. "Where've you been?"

And Anais opens her mouth to respond when their professor turns about the classroom, "How about you, Mr. Malik?"

Zayn looks up.

"Huh?"

Cowell rolls his eyes in annoyance.

"Yeah, Zayn," Anais whispers. "Tell us."

He pokes her beneath the table.

She hides a laugh.

"It's 'cause," Zayn pauses, eyes scanning the room. "It's 'cause all of the constellations were like, myths, no? They were stories about the gods," he pauses. "Right?"

Cowell deadpans.

Then, he nods.

"...Right," he continues.

Anais laughs harder.

"Mr. Malik is actually correct. Mostly."

Ha! Zayn scribbles on Anais' notes.

He underlines the word, too.

She rolls her eyes.

You're so extra, she writes back.

You love it - he writes, and then he scribbles upon her page, crossing out 'it,' so he can write instead, You love me.

He underlines 'me,' while he's at it, too.

Anais fights a smirk.

You're so distracting, she pens, before dropping her utensil upon the desk and turning back to the lesson.

Zayn leans toward her, kissing her cheek when their professor's not looking. "I'm not," he whispers.

"Definitely are, though," she whispers back, and her stomach rumbles and he laughs.

"Stop," she whispers. "I'm starving, okay? Magdalena and Daph have literally no food in their apartment. I'm dying."

He only shakes his head, still smirking. "Can't help it, really."

"Neither can I, so fuck you."

He writes, You can fuck me first.

Even she can't pretend like that didn't make her smile - at least a little.

Where've you been anyway? He writes, and Anais picks up her pen to respond.

Dealing with a crisis, is her answer, and Zayn frowns.

"What?" He whispers, chuckling slightly because he knows that Anais can be more than a little dramatic, and so who really knows what her definition of 'crisis' actually is?

Mags and Jesse 'broke up,' she writes, and Zayn's frown deepens.

"What?"

Yep, even though they weren't even official I'm still sad...yknow?
Mags' been in her room all day.

"So," Cowell nods, and Zayn is actually really frowning because first of all, he was part of the reason the two of them were even together, and secondly, Magdalena was his favorite of Anais' friends and hated that she was upset, "everyone open to page fourteen in your guides. Answer all thirty questions and you can go. If you don't finish, bring it back completed next week. There is no lab."

___

Zayn was not the only one upset about Magdalena and Jesse.

The news had actually put Anais in a mood. She'd woken up and gone to class and had noticed Magdalena's absence in Greek and Roman Mythology but thought nothing of it.

"She's probably just sleeping in," she thought. It wouldn't be the first time her friend took a 'Mental Health Day.'

But, as Anais was leaving class, she'd been stopped at the door.

"Hey, Anais," Shanina Shaik said, the brunette beauty grinning broadly as she'd jogged her way. "Where's Mags, today?"

"Good question," she muttered, and she had lifted a brow. "Why?"

"Oh, y'know," Shanina had laughed, "because I'm nosey," and Anais could only nod politely because Shanina was known for being a huge gossip. "And," she continued, "because I heard she and her man broke up, so-"

"Um, excuse me?" Anais had exclaimed, nearly choking, and she had instantly grabbed for her phone because what the fuck? "Magdalena? Are you sure you're talking about the right girl?"

"I mean," Shanina had paused, "she was dating Jesse Rutherford, right? That hot guy in that band? The Music Major from Arts?"

"Damn...Yeah, that's her," Anais didn't believe this. "But, what? They broke up? I mean..."

The two of them hadn't made anything official. Sure, they acted like a couple, and sure they were obviously into each other, but breaking up? What the hell did that mean? Why did Shanina never have the full story?

"I dunno, honestly," Shanina had shrugged, as the girls made their way out into the snow. "I overheard Cara and Daphne talking about it this morning. She's a wreck, apparently. I just know how close you two are so," Shanina pouted, "I thought you might want to know."

"Yeah..." Anais grit out, because of all people she'd have liked to hear this news from, Shanina was not the one. "Thanks, I guess."

And Shanina had smiled. "No problem," she'd replied. "I hope she's okay, y'know?"

"Yeah," Anais replied absentmindedly, because she was already in the process of texting Cara. "Me too."

And instead of going to British Lit., Anais instead, forced Adonis into taking her notes and skipped, walking the few block from campus to the apartment complex in which Magdalena and Daphne lived. She entered the place, finding Chanel and Jourdan and Cara and Soo, because Daphne was apparently in class and so was Joan, where, honestly, everyone else should've been but decided not to go. 

"Um, please tell me what Shanina just told me isn't true?"

"Is it about our little baby?" Soo asked, motioning down the hall towards Magdalena's room as Anais entered the kitchen, shrugging from her coats. 

"And Jesse," Anais had nodded. 

"Then, probably," Cara added, before muttering, "Shanina, that gossipy bitch..."

"But, what happened?" Anais had exclaimed. "What's going on?"

Cara and Jourdan had looked from each other to Anais. 

"Maybe," Soo began, "you should ask Mags,"

And Cara had nodded. "She'll tell you. She's back in her room with Chanel."

So Anais led the girls back through the apartment. 

"Mags?" She'd called softly, knocking upon the bedroom door. "Hi, Magda, it's me," she said, employing the pet name that she'd used only when Magdalena was angry or upset.

"Anais?"

"Hi, babe," Anais cooed, slipping softly into the room and sitting with all of  the girls upon the bed. "Aw, Mags," she'd sighed, noting Magdalena's red eyes and empty tissue boxes. 

She'd stroked her friend's hair, "What happened, Magda? I'm literally so confused."

Magdalena had dropped her head in Anais' lap. "Jesse and I got into a huge fight last night at the bar," she whined. "It's over, Anais. God," her voice waivered and Anais began to rub soothing circles upon the girl's arm. "Fuckin' hell, it's over."

Anais looked from Magdalena to Soo, who only shook her head. 

"Mags," Anais said softly, "tell me everything."

And so, at 7:45 when Cowell finally lets them out of class, Anais relays all of this, and more, to Zayn.

"I mean, like, I'm upset too, Ana, but -"

"But?" She coughs. "There's a 'but,' Zayn?"

"Look, Ana, I really, really think you need to stay out of this."

"What?" Anais snorts. "And do nothing? And say nothing? And not try to patch up one of my, no, our, most perfect couples? These are our friends, Zayn. I can't not stay out of this."

It's dark, the clouds swirling above the streetlights and high rises with the promise of snow as they make their way down the city streets.

And Anais is pouty and cold, and she's got her face buried against the fur along his collar, but he isn't really complaining because he really needs a mixture of alcohol and Anais to keep the thoughts from raging in his head.

He scoffs. "And what'll you do?"

"I mean," she falters for words, "I don't know that yet exactly but -"

He laughs aloud.

"But, if we fought over something stupid and broke up, I'd want my best friends to do something to keep us from ending something great over nothing."

"Alright," Zayn nods. "Fine."

Anais laughs. "Love you, too."

Zayn's thoughts are not exactly stilled at the bar.

Their first greeting, as they make their way to the bar is a bright smile replaced by a somber shake of the head by none other than Zach.

"Well, well, at least here's one couple that helps me hold onto the possibilities of love."

Anais snorts as Zayn helps her onto her stool.

She shoots him a, 'You didn't have to do that,' kind of look that he dismisses with a shrug.

He wanted to. 

"So, you've heard too, huh?"

Zach nods. "Seems like everyone has," and he sighs. "Soo's party's gonna be so awkward, now."

"Like," even Zayn fights a small smile, "you guys were gonna come to that?"

"Yeah, I mean, we were, y'know? But, now," he shakes his head, mimicking both Jesse and Magdalena:

"Why're you doing this? They're my friends, okay?"

"Your friends hate me, Mags!"

"Oh my god, they don't, Jesse."

"Not Cara or Chanel or Anais, Magdalena. It's the rest of them, and you know it. Fuck! Is this really so hard to get through your fucking head?"

Zayn motions towards Zach. "What'd Jesse say to you? How's he been, yeah?"

"A fuckin' mess," Zach sighs. "Like," and Zach holds out his hands, turning around the bar, "you see that fuck hasn't shown up to work today. He's probably still in his room where I left him, writing sad songs and shit..."

Anais and Zayn exchange looks. 

"So, why can't they just talk?"

"'Cause Jesse's so full of pride, he'd never..." Zach shakes his head. "Look, I asked him the same things, and he was all, 'If she's gonna listen to them and not me, then I don't see us being together, anyway,'" Zach nods upon Anais and Zayn's expressions. "Yeah. True shit."

"But, why?" Anais exclaims. "Like, okay, I get that they argued, but what," her eyes search the bar as Zach begins to pour drinks, "What brought all that on?"

"Oh," Zach snorts, "these guys, some a' your friends, Ana."

Zayn turns to her.

"My friends?" She asks, to which Zach nods. 

"Yeah. I mean, they were in Design and I know that, so," he chuckles, running a hand through his hair, "Honestly, everyone in Design says they're your friend, y'know?"

Zayn nods because he can personally attest to that. 

"Well," Zach continues, "they came into the bar and sat, literally right there," he squints, pointing at their occupied stools, "and started ragging on Jesse.

"One of them asked if he was with Magdalena, and obviously he was like, 'Yeah, what's it to you?' and so that's when they started in on him. They called him  a player, which," he shrugs, "is kind of true, and a stoner, which I mean, come on, he's from California. And they said some other things about him not really caring about Magdalena and that's just not true at all, like," Zach shakes his head, "he's pretty fuckin' whipped, but she doesn't know that now, does she?"

"Again with this?" Mutters Anais. "God, I'm so done."

But, she shakes her head because now it's all starting to make sense, "Okay, wait," Anais drums her fingers beside her glass of water, "which guys came in here, again? Y'know, out of the fuckboys in Design?"

Zayn stifles a laugh. 

That's his girlfriend for you. 

"Uh..." Zach pauses, "there was one with...I mean, c'mon, Ana! They were all like male models, I don't fucking know..."

"Damn it, Zach! Give me hair color or something!"

"Uh...black hair...brown hair...Fuck, man, this is hopeless."

"Shit, Zach!"

"I mean, they come in here like every night, so..."

"Give me some description, Zach! Just 'cause they frequent this place doesn't mean I know who the hell that is."

Zayn nods. "True."

"Okay, okay!" Zach exclaims, as Zayn chuckles harder and he raises his palms in surrender, "There was one with really really blue eyes," he nodded. "Yeah, yeah...And he had white hair. Like, it looked white, but maybe it was blonde..."

"Fuckin' Lucky..."

"Really?" Zayn snorts, turning now, to Anais, "Are you really that surprised?"

Anais pauses. "I mean, yes and no..." she replies, and, as Zayn snorts, she then turns to Zach, who is watching the two of them with visible confusion, "He and Lucky aren't exactly friends."

"Ah," Zach nods. "Roger."

Anais grins. 

Then, she clenches her fists, "And that's why I'm not afraid of hurting their feelings with all of the things I'm going to fucking say..."

And as if on cue, Zach's eyes train towards the door, where a party of about six boys, all from Design saunter into the bar. "And speak of the devils fuckin' up my best friend's relationship! That's them. That's literally them there."

And Anais rises instantly from her stool when Zayn stops her, grabbing her wrist.

"Where are you-"

"To talk to the fuckboys ruining relationships, that's what."

Zach slaps the bar. "Woohoo! Go get 'em, Anais!"

She shoots Zach a small smile before turning from the bar.

"Let me come, then," says Zayn.

"Ah," she coos. "Babe, that's sweet but they say the same things about you."

"What? And you-"

"And unlike Mags, I know how you feel about me," she grins, "At least, I think. I'm pretty sure."

He smirks. 

"So again, I'm not too afraid of hurting their feelings," she grins cutely and he fights the urge to kiss her. "Be right back," she says, looking between him and Zach. "Don't do anything cool without me, yeah?"

And together, the boys watch Anais stalk towards her friends from Design.

"Damn," Zach whistles lowly. "Don't do anything cool without me, yeah?" He mimics, chuckling softly. "She's using your weird British slang and everything. Dude," he shakes his head with a laugh, "you're so fuckin' lucky. Man, I wish I had a girl to do that with me."

___

NO MAGDALENA AND JESSE. 

Pray for them. 

Picture of Anais and Magdalena! And Shanina is Shanina Shaik if you wanna look her up. She's a VS Angel and she's gorgeous. I think she's dating (or dated) Tyson Beckford that lucky b.  

Not going to lie, Drag Me Down is my jam but it's just not the same w.o Zayn.

Also wtf is this shit I hear about him with Kylie Jenner. Does he honestly want me to fight him today?

Anyway.

(Excited in advance for this puppy party guys).

Also comment yes/no to character asks/one shots. I NEED TO KNOW. 

Comment and vote! xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

970 33 34
What happens when you fall in love with your bestie's brother? Will your life turn out to be perfect or else you'll be walking in a living hell? Sar...
456K 17.3K 141
A Zayn x Harry story. Love, hate, sex, drugs and betrayals.. all this on Instagram Starts after the "We never really spoke" drama If you enjoy Dra...
2.6K 24 26
New 1D / Zayn Malik fanfic. Enjoy! :)
20.5K 913 21
❝the sunshine and city lights will guide you home. but you've got to know that i'll never let you go❞ copyright © 2014 9teen89