A Mudblood in Slytherin

By PrinceThespian

Dudley never thought of her daughter getting a letter to Hogwarts... but now... she's attending it! Daisy is... More

Dudley's Magical Daughter?!
The Secret's Out
The Wrong House
Gotta Get to Durmstrang!
Welcoming Feeling in Durmstrang
Accio, Love Potions and Very, Very, Very Poisonous Worms
Fingers Crossed
Good In All People
It's Just Too Much
My Hectic Week | Durmstrang, Victorious We Stand!
My Hectic Week | Rehearsal, Rehearsal, Rehearsal
My Hectic Week | The Goblet of Fire
People Aren't What They Seem, Especially Your Partner
Love is in the Air
Bad Interviews Are Bad
Crazy In Love With Hair
And They All Just... Turned Away
Meeting and Dates
Operation: Daisy's First Date
Sweet & Settle Changes
The First Task | Plans, Scars, and Mistakes
Getting It Right
Asking The Right People
It's Basically Unbelievable
The Mudblood in Slytherin
Too Late For That
A Tiresome Thing
Go Home Safely
Token Muggleborn Friend
What's the Plan?
The Final One

Nothing Like It

7K 372 307
By PrinceThespian

I looked at Adam and I just couldn't believe him. Honestly, since all this was happening, I had forgotten about Adam. Even if the world had given me a whole life time figuring out who sent me the letter, I would've never have guessed him. To be honest, I was glad it was him. It wasn't someone who I knew or who I sort of knew. Adam and I were there for each other when we needed help but it was mostly him that helped me. 

He had his arm extended out to me and I reached over and held his hand. "Yes, Adam, I did like your letter," I told him, giggling.

Adam smirked and said, "I'm glad." He twirled me around and looked at me from head to toe. "You look beautiful. The dress looks amazing."

"Oh, I absolutely love it, Adam!" I gasped. "Thank you. For everything."

He locked my arm with his arm and said, "You're welcome, Daisy. Now, c'mon, the Champions have to dance first. Let's get a move on, shall we?"

"We shall," I agreed.

The two of us walked down the Tower, arm-in-arm, and headed to the Great Hall. Some students were rushing around the school, some students were snogging their dates, and some students were having a nice talk with the others. When they saw me with Adam, they paused and watched us walk past them.

I looked at Adam and he looked at me. I noticed that he was wearing an emerald tie to match his green hair. I noticed that I still had my green hair streak and thought, we match perfectly.

We finally got to the Great Hall and when Professor McGonagall saw us, she sighed in relief and irritation and stomped to us.

"Here we go," Adam mumbled. When the professor reached us, Adam said, "I'm sorry, Professor. I couldn't find my tie."

"It's quite not alright. You almost had the ghost do a full search party!" She snapped. "But no matter. You all are here and that's all that matters."

I looked at all the Champions and their dates. Boris had his date, Belle Monette, a Beauxbatons beauty (probably a Vela), Adela and Albus were going with each other, and Scorpius was going with Frances. Everyone has a date and we're all ready to go.

Hold up.

What?

I did a double take to see if it was right... Yes... Frances and Scorpius Malfoy were indeed attending the Yule Ball together. Both of them looked at me and gave me an uneasy smile. I didn't know what to do. I didn't want to look like the jealous girl so I gave both of them a thumbs up. Did I just say jealous?

"Frances and Scorpius are going together?" Adam asked.

"I suppose so," I answered, looking at something else.

"Isn't that a bit weird? I mean, Scorpius asked you first but you said no so he goes with your partner?"

"You don't know if Scorpius asked her. Maybe Frances asked him, you know?" I asked, trying to put my attention to someone or something else.

"Hm. Maybe," Adam chuckled.

He gripped my hand and held my shoulders so he could look at me. He grabbed the palm of my hand and I knew what he was doing. Like that one time in the meeting, he was looking at my past and reading my emotions. I thought about not letting him because that was invading my privacy but I trusted Adam. He was kind.

Adam chuckled once more and kissed the palm of my hand. "You'll be okay, Daisy."

"What did you see this time?" I asked, relaxing my tense shoulders.

He looked at me and whispered, "You're falling for him."

I felt my face flush. My heart started to beat really fast. I swung his hand away from mine and looked straight. "No, I'm not."

"Don't lie to yourself, Daisy." For the first time, his voice was serious. "And do yourself a favor: Don't fall in love with him. All Malfoys are bad news."

 "What do you-?" I got cut off by Professor McGonagall.

"Champions! Students!" Professor McGonagall cried. "Get in line. Beauxbatons first then Durmstrang and Hogwarts will go last! The doors will open in two minutes and when they do, I want you all to walk in, hand-in-hand, with your partner and dance for the first two songs. After that, you will be able to do what you want. But you must sit in the Champions table. Got it?"

"Yes, ma'am," All the Champions and partners said in unison.

I stood in between Boris and Frances. Frances looked behind me and gave me an enthusiastic smile. I gave her a thumbs up and tried to give her the same energy. She turned back around and Scorpius whispered something to her ear that was oh-so-hilarious. I found myself glaring at Frances for no reason at all.

"Daisy!" Boris snapped behind me. I turned around. "My friends and I are betting that you'll be the first one to trip."

"You're such a prick!" I snapped with a laugh. 

"So please fall! At least a gracious trip."

"How much did you bet?"

"Ten Galleons."

"Fifteen Galleons that you trip before me," I challenged.

"It's a deal." Boris shook my hand and I turned back to face the front. I looked at Adam who was looking at me with a sweet gaze.

"What?" I asked, pulling a strand of hair behind my ear.

"You look beautiful," Adam commented in a low, can I say sexy, voice.

I blushed and looked at the floor. "Thanks."

Suddenly, the door grand doors opened and McGonagall was letting the Champions in one pair by one pair. When Adam and I were up next, I saw Sylvia, Gretchen and Bradley looking at me with excitement. They were all jumping up and down and giving their approval of me and Adam. McGonagall gave us the okay and hand-in-hand, Adam and I walked into the Great Hall.

The Great Hall looked beautiful. Everything was white and there was fake snow falling from the ceiling. Adam twirled me and bowed. I curtsied and we started to slow dance. At first, I was looking at our feet because I was complete rubbish at all this dancing thing.

Adam, with gentle hands, lifted my chin to look at his beautiful eyes and gave me a smirk. "Just follow my lead, Daisy." He pulled me closer to him and led me through the dance. The orchestra was doing so well. The music was perfect and he was even more perfect.

How could I have been so stupid? I let Scorpius push my life around when I could've pushed back. He was with Frances and I was with Adam and Adam was doing a better job. When I glanced over as Frances and Scorpius, it looked like Frances was leading Scorpius in the dance.

I chuckled and brought my attention back to Adam. He was still staring intensely at me. It was a beautiful stare. I was so intrigued by his stare that I forgot about everything else. I forgot about everyone looking at me; I forgot about my problems at home; I forgot about Frances; I forgot about Scorpius. It was just me and him. Him and me. Here, together in this perfect moment. 

I feel for him in one dance.

~*~

The Yule Ball was perfect. After the songs, the Champions were escorted to the Champion's Table for dinner. It looked like the table where the professors and the headmaster would sit in the usual tables. I sat in between Adam and Boris who was talking to Belle about his family. They looked like they were getting along pretty well. Albus and Adela looked so in love that they looked like they were in a trance. 

Headmaster Manerthil clapped his hands once and the whole Ball went silent. With all eyes on him, he smiled his kind, wise smile and said, "Let dinner begin!" 

In a flash, food appeared on our plates but every plate was different. Every plate was personalized as their favorite meal. I love magic. 

On my plate was Butter and Herb Salmon Cakes. My mother used to cook these for me when she felt like the whole family was feeling good. I took the first bite and hoped that my parents were doing all right. I should send them a letter. They are my parents after all.

I looked at Adam's plate and asked, "What did your plate give you?"

"Classic Coq au Vin," Adam answered in his French accent. It was way sexy. "My grandmother made this for me whenever I'd visit her in Paris. It's my absolute favorite. Here, try!" He cut a piece and with his fork, he fed me the Classic Coq au Vin. 

I frowned at the taste but when I chewed more, the better it got. I smiled from ear to ear and said, "Wow! That's different but it's so good!"

"Isn't it? Can I try yours? What is it?"

"They're Butter and Herb Salmon Cakes. They're nothing fancy like your French meal."

"Nonsense! Let me have a try, babe."

He called me babe. God, save me. I tried to smile subtly with the new nickname he gave me but I'm pretty sure he noticed me smiling like a madman. I cut a piece of my salmon cake and fed it to him. I watched him chew his food and a breathtaking smirk played on his lips. 

"It's delicious."

"Is it, really, Adam?" 

"It really is, babe," He confirmed. 

As we were both eating our dinner I felt Adam's right hand find my left hand on my lap. He entwined his fingers with mine and continued to eat like nothing happened. Everything this man does just makes me want to die a beautiful death. How could I have been so blind? 

Dinner was done and it was time for socializing and having a fantastic time. During that time, I danced together with my best friends who were asking me about Adam. Bradley, Gretchen and Sylvia were both on my necks about it.

"Have you kissed him yet?" Sylvia asked while twirling me.

"What? No!" I answered back.

"Do you want to?" Bradley teased.

"No!" I snapped. He gave me a raised brow. "Okay, yes, I do but I don't think it's going to happen. I mean, look at him!" I pointed at Adam who was speaking to seventh year boys. He locked eyes at me and gave me a wink. 

"He just winked at you, honey!" Gretchen said. "It's totally going to happen." 

I felt a tap on my shoulder and when I looked up Adam was there, looking down and giving me that beautiful smirk. 

"May I steal her away?" He asked in his low voice that I love so much.

"Yeah, please, go ahead!" Bradley said, pushing me lightly to him. "Take her away from us. Take her to a dark room if you need to. Please, be our guest. Go away, Daisy!" 

Adam entwined his hands with mine and thanked our friends before he pulled me away. I thought he was going to dance with me more but when I saw that he was leading me out of the Great Hall, my heart began to beat harder and harder.

He led me up the stairs and into a maze-like path. During the walk, we saw loads of students snogging and having a grand ol' time. We ended up in a balcony that had an amazing view of Hogwarts. He opened the balcony doors and I gasped at the view. 

Hogwarts was lit up with lanterns and the younger students who weren't allowed to go to the Yule Ball were lifting up their fire lanterns high in the sky for good fun. I leaned on the balcony, taking in the beautiful school view. Maybe I should've stayed.

I felt Adam hug me so slowly and so gently from behind. He traced his fingers on my arm and found my hands. He entwined his hands with mine again and rested his chin on my shoulder. My heart was beating and my head was heating up. 

He then pulled my hair behind my ear and kissed my ear ever so gently. My whole body tingled. I looked at him and his emerald eyes shined so beautifully in the moonlight. He turned me around so that my body was faced him and I was giving all of my attention and focus to him.

"Daisy," Adam started. "From the first time I met you, I knew you were different. You were beautiful, you were strong and you stood up for yourself. You never lost your cool and when you did, you handled it beautifully. When I heard about the Yule Ball, I wanted to ask you on the first day but the timing was all wrong. I thought you'd already be taken but when I heard that you had no date, I had to act. I bought a dress that I put in some magic fabric to fit in your size. I wrote you a letter that I re-wrote a million times. I was scared. I felt like a little kid, trying to get your attention. I always act like this cool-guy because I think that my sensible part of me is kind of too mushy, you know? But I said, to hell with that." My heart was beating so much and my mind was going all over the place. "What I'm trying to say Daisy..." He paused and looked away. I saw him gathering his thoughts with his eyes until... "I love you." 

My eyes grew wide. An uncontrolled smile spread across my mouth. I felt so happy that I could leap for joy and reach the heavens. 

"Daisy..." Adam continued. "Please tell me you feel the same."

"I feel for you, too, Adam," I admitted. I didn't stutter or mummer. I was so proud of myself. 

"Daisy," He whispered before pulling me into a kiss. He wrapped his strong arms around me as I wrapped my arms around him. My hand found his hair and I tangled my fingers on his strands of hair. 

"I love you, Daisy," He whispered when we pulled away. Adam looked deep into my eyes. "And I'm sorry for what I have to do." 

"What do you mean?" I asked.

Suddenly, I heard screams coming from the Great Hall. I turned to the Hall and saw a great smoke hovering over the Hall. Thunder started to clap and lightning started to spread. I turned over to Adam who had his head down in defeat.

"I can't stop it, Daisy," Adam said, in a crushed voice.

"What. Did. You. DO?!"
____________________________________________________________________________

Heyyah! I uploaded! Finally! This chapter was very fun to write. I'm not going to say anything else because I want you do be the judge of what just happened. 

Comment, Vote and Spread the Word! 

Bless your face. If you sneezed during the reading of this chapter, bless you. Michelle out! Peace off!

-Misha x

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.5M 48.7K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...
949K 16.3K 41
What if Aaron Warner's sunshine daughter fell for Kenji Kishimoto's grumpy son? - This fanfic takes place almost 20 years after Believe me. Aaron and...
911K 38.5K 80
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
61.1K 2.7K 63
A collection of all the funniest, saddest, and most inspiring quotes from our favorite book and movie series: Harry Potter! (Cover by me)