House on the Hill

By evil_panda22

I screamed at the top of my lungs when he slashed the boy's neck with his claw. The boy next to the dead body... More

Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Epilogue

Chapter 1

21.8K 777 351
By evil_panda22

"Eve, you already unpacked all of your boxes?" Owen asked from my door frame.

I nodded my head, putting the last of my clothes into my dresser. My room wasn't something grand. A normal bed with a small bedside table next to it. A dresser in the corner, next to a desk. And my all time favorite window seat. The room was originally white, but I added some color to it. Purple bed sheets, purple pillows and of course my many drawings and painting scattered across the walls.

"Where you up all night again?" He asked me.

"Maybe..." I avoided eye contact.

With a sigh he told me breakfast was ready and that I should hurry down. I nodded and went for the door until I saw someone on the hill from my window. It was such a terrifying feeling that my breath got clogged in my throat. Without thinking twice I closed the curtains and ran down to the kitchen.

I was greeted by the drooling smell of bacon and eggs. Gran was in the process of making pancakes and my stomach grumbled as I sat down at the kitchen isle, next to Eva.

"Morning Eve, how was your first night here?" Gran asked me.

"Good." I said, shrugging and glaring at Owen.

I don't like it when people fuss over me. 

"I'm glad. Today your granddaddy is going into town, do you kids need anything?"

"Cloth." Eva said.

"Paint." I added.

"A car." Owen and the twins burst out laughing together.

Looks like we all needed something. Right in that moment Kenzie and dad walked into the kitchen in their eternal loving state. Someone give me a bag to puke my guts in it.

"We're going shopping today?" Kenzie asked, coming back to reality.

"The kids are going shopping. You are going to work like the perfect little housewife you are." Gran said, leaving no room to argue. "Now then, finish up your breakfast. Your granddaddy is waiting in the truck for you."

We continued eating our food in quiet. I think dad got the message that his wife is hated by everyone in this family.

* * *

Saturday morning is the busiest time of the week. The town is full of people and is bursting with life. The food stands are surrounded by teens, while the smaller children run around with their kites. The shops are all open and there is a whole cozy feeling here. 

And I am standing out way too much here in my Doc Martins, black jeans and shirt with long sleeves. Not to mention Kenzie is attracting the attention of every single male. 

"Why did she come with us?" Eva whispered.

The twins shrugged and followed granddad to the car shop. Who knew there'd be a car shop here? Owen was the first one to make it there and was giddily walking around, checking out trucks and other types of cars.

"What moron get's happy over a car?" Kenzie mumbled under her breath, but we heard.

"The same kind that can take down a bull." Granddad answered. "Kids you can all go your separate ways. We'll meet back up at the truck in an hour."

"Okay!" We yelled in union and I joined Eva to go cloth hunting.

Eva makes dolls for a living. Very expensive and beautiful dolls out of porcelain. Sometimes I help her out if she is making a house and needs paintings and little details on the walls or tea cups. She hastily grabbed my arm and dragged me into a store that soled all kinds of creative stuff.

"Welcome!" The store clerk greeted us.

It was a really smiley blonde with round brown eyes. She wore a pair of jeans and a green sweater with cowboy boots.

Eva continued to drag me, until I stopped to pick up a palette because my old one broke in the moving process. Thank you granddad for giving us money. Eva started picking out pieces of cloth of all different kind of colors, while I went to buy some paint for my pictures. 

I picked out a cool turquoise color, vibrant yellow and red and was currently having a hard time reaching the earthy brown on the top shelf. Curse my 5'5 height! I groaned and felt a presence behind me, that made me freeze over in fear.

A large arm moved passed mine and got the bottle of paint I wanted. Then I felt someone lean down and breathe on my neck. The paint was handed to me and I looked at the person behind me. 

Deep brown eyes and long coal black hair, with a ruff jaw and painted eyes. His full lips adorned with three silver rings and he had a very pale and muscular arm. 

"Tuberose." He said and walked away, leaving me starstruck on the spot.

I quickly shook my head, when I saw he met up with a girl and went to look for Eva. I found her picking up a pile of wooden boards. Looks like we're making a house.

* * *

"I had such a productive day today darling. I bought a new pair of shoes and a a couple of dresses, but unfortunately they weren't designer..." Kenzie said, as she sat in my fathers lap, twirling a lock of his hair.

"Can I barf now?" Dexter asked.

"Can I join you?" Kayden added.

"Get a room, your disgusting." I said.

"Agreed." My siblings nodded and dad glared at me.

Gran walked into the living room and shooed her son and his leach away. We sighed in relief and I turned away to gaze out the window. I do that a lot and most of the time get my inspiration from it and nightmares.

Suddenly the image of the guy from this morning popped up and I remembered his words. Tuberose. What is that anyways?

"Hey gran?" I turned to face my grandmother, who was sipping tea on the sofa next to Eva.

"What is it sweety?" She turned her full attention to me.

"What is a Tuberose?" I asked her.

"That is a flower my dear. It is a night-blooming plant, with waxy white flowers used as the middle note in perfumery. It is quite a lovely flower." She answered.

I nodded and turned my gaze back onto the scenery outside. The fields where the horses ran free looked like they belonged in a fairy tale and the clear sky was adorned with lightning blue stars. 

He called me a flower, for which reason I do not seem to understand. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

898K 30.7K 64
#1 in Devil on December 24, 2019 #2 in Emotional on August 13, 2018 #7 in Paranormal on December 18, 2018 Book 1 - Saved By The Devil ✅ Book 2 - Retu...
67.1K 2.6K 42
What do you do when your husband cheats on you? Don't ask April, because she'll tell you to sleep with his boss. Well then, maybe you should ask her...
71.7K 2.4K 44
A/N: People seem to think that this is a werewolf story and adding it to their werewolf reading list, it's not, it does have some werewolves in it bu...
1.3M 36K 55
His pupils dialate and a smirk shudders my whole body just looking at it. He lowers his head and burries his head in my neck. A slight gasp leaves my...