The Yorkshire Boys

By RogueRen

A story of friendship, heartbreak, loss, and forgiveness. More

The Yorkshire Boys- Chapter 2
The Yorkshire Boys- Chapter 3
The Yorkshire Boys- Chapter 4
The Yorkshire Boys- Chapter 5
The Yorkshire Boys- Chapter 6
The Yorkshire Boys- chap. 7

The Yorkshire Boys- Chapter 1

921 15 5
By RogueRen

hey

new story this one is like Missing Jake but i changed the story line a bit to make it better and i no wat ive got planned for it and its gunna be big ...well depending on the reaction i get so pls

vote

comment

FAN!

xx RR

___________________________________________________________________

I sat on my bed holding onto the pillow, Jakes pillow, and a single tear trickled down my cheek, I missed him so much it hurt.

I looked down at my hands tightly knitted together, pale, with shades of pink tinging against the edges were I held tightly onto my opposite wrist. My usual music droned on in the background the way it did when Jake was here.

He would walk into my room, my mum following closely behind making sure we knew the rules, leave the door open, blah blah blah. I smiled dimly as I once again remember how Jake would laugh and bound onto my bed so that all the small pillows bounced off the edge of my brightly quilted bed.

"Good morning sunshine!" he would say cheerfully as he ruffled my bed head and winked towards my mum who would still be standing at the door.

I would groan "I'm getting up" as Jake always came early in the morning for various reasons.

Jake would laugh then say "not fast enough honey"

Jake was spontaneous, full of mischievous energy always ready to just give anyone a hug if they needed or wanted it, even if it was a total stranger.

That's what i had loved so much about him was the fact that he was just so carefree and happy nothing bothered him and therefore I was the complete opposite except when I was with Jake. With Jake I didn't have to hold that barrier up I didn't have to pretend to be someone I'm not, I didn't hav to hold myself back. I could just laugh and smile and be happy, like Jake was and for even just a few hours I would be happy for once, with Jake.

But Jake was gone and I couldn't do anything about it.

I pulled Jakes pillow closer to me and breathed in his scent of sweet honey oak and for a moment I was with him again laughing and smiling, happy.

It was like every high school relationship, it had to end sometime, for some reason.

I smiled as I recalled the last moments we had had together before he left without telling me. I didn't know what life was going to be like without him.

"Come here you" Jake had finally spotted me waiting across the parking lot leaning against a light pole and breathing into my thick scarf which was pulled tight around my neck, Jake began towards me, arms open a smile plastered on his face, pure happiness glinting in his eyes.

I laughed but stayed where I was, curious to see his reaction. As he came closer he stopped abruptly.

"Your hair, you've changed it?" He lowered his arms and squinted at me, his breathe fogging as he breathed steadily " it looks nice" he grinned at me as he once again strode forward but instead of rapping me in his arms he lifted his hand and touched my now layered, styled and volumed hair, his hand twirled and twisted through my hair discovering every new curve of it.

"Why thankyou good sir" I giggle as I slap his still wondering hand away and embrace him in my arms, furrowing my nose into the nape of his warm neck.

"No I'm serious it looks amazing, but just so different. What caused this sudden change, huh?" he pulled away and held me at arm's length.

My hair had once been long straight and just pulled back into a simple pony tail, words would not describe how odd I had looked. It was now a dark chocolate brown colour with a hint of mud brown to highlight it, cut in layers to give it a nice wave which fell down to mid waist. The dark colour even made my skin look more pure and almost white in the dark shades of winter.

Truthfully I don't even understand how I got a boyfriend looking the way I had.

"Jake why are you with me?" I asked now serious.

He glanced at me and frowned "why do you ask?"

"Just because you know you're like so ....Jake" I smiled slightly at this " and well your good-looking, smart, and just perfect really ...and me well....I'm me, I'm boring" I peer up at him and he smiled caringly at me

"Ava I love you, as in I love you as a person and a girlfriend, and you know what, you are smart, and absolutely gorgeous, and amazing, you are beautiful beyond what any other girl out there is, really I don't know why your with me?" Jake points from me to him and raises his eyebrows "I love you and that's all that matters, end of discussion" He gives me a quick kiss and swings his arm over my shoulder as we start wondering towards his dark blue car "anyway I have to get you home before I get a call from your mother"

And now he's gone, without a whisper of goodbye.

Now I wish I could go back to that moment and freeze time or just live it over and over and over again. It had felt so right, yet how could it be so right if he left me, just like that as if he didn't even care about me like all the things he said had been lies.

I heard a faint knock on my door "honey?" it was mum doing the daily check to see if I was getting over my grief and heartbreak, I turn around as she opens the door further and peers in "look we've decided to go to the movies then have dinner out as a family, and you are required to come?"

Damn. I knew that was an excuse just to get me out of my depressing state of which I lived in my bedroom. Mum had been trying to get me out of the house for weeks now but I wouldn't leave, though maybe it would do me good to get out and breathe some fresh air. I may as well go, it doesn't mean I have to talk or smile or anything.

"Fine" I say I gently put the pillow down taking one last glance at it before dragging myself off of my bed and towards my walk-in wardrobe.

Mum looks at me desperately, looking like she needs to say something then deciding against it "ok well its nothing fancy so just go casual and we will meet you downstairs when you're ready"

"Sure" I say sighing as I pull out an old pair of black skinny jeans put them on then grab a plain black and white scoop neck shirt with a jacket. Wrapping my scarf around my neck I lastly swipe some mascara across my eyelashes, blink a few times, ruffle my hair up a bit then walking out the door, pulling it closed as I get one last look at Jakes pillow, my heart throbs and I miss him once again.

Climbing out of the car I pull my jacket closer to me, ducking my head and hiding from the clatter of rain I run for the nearest building. The dark clouds menacing and grey almost depressing to the eye, yet still amazing to watch how lightning can flash across the sky so fast and furious yet so clean neat and fragile. I loved the wind, it made me feel free, free of all the mistakes I’d made in this world, free of responsibilities and losses, free of ….it made me feel like I could start again, and the world could never be as bad as it is right now, in this very moment, but that could and would never happen it was impossible. As I thought this I ran faster huddling closer to my scarf and just as I peak up to see where the building is before I run into a wall I do run into something. Wait scratch that someone.

“OOOF!” I deep voice grunts in slight pain.

“Sorry” I peer up and my eyes are met by deep light green ones that seemed to glow in the dark almost the colour of the ‘go’ on traffic lights, these eyes are framed perfectly by a dark, mescaline jaw line and water dripped across his face following every crease and line. His Dark brown/black hair made his eyes standout even more. As he glances around curiously I take the time to look him up and down, he was wearing black jeans and a clean white singlet both of which were soaked through the singlet becoming see through, he evidently had a tan of a god…

He looks down at me and sighs “Im Mark”

Impatient much.

“Ava” I say taking his suggested hand and giving it a small shake, while lost in hes dark features.

“what movie are you seeing?” HE asks now pointing to the display board.

“I dunno, im with the family”

“Wanna ditch them and come with me?” he asks, he says peering into my eyes, my soul, my heart.

“I thought you would never ask”

So out in the middle of pouring rain, I was dripping wet and freezing cold but for those 2 and a half hours Id spent with Mark I forgot all about Jake. Mum and dad seemed to be happy that I went with Mark, they of course had wanted to meet him and dad got his number and gave him the talk, with me standing behind dad pulling faces and apologizing in silence.

And that’s how I found my remedy for getting over Jake= MARK.

It didn’t take long for me and mark to become best of friends, he didn’t put up with shit, and I hated taking shit, so it all worked fine for both of us. We had out routines, he wouldn’t ask about Jake and I wouldn’t ask about his …problems.

After that night at the movies we haven’t been separateable, he changed schools and joined mine saying that “I never liked my old school anyway”. He was a mysterious guy but I liked that about him, you could keep a secret to yourself and it wouldn’t be a big deal and if you decided to tell him he would listen and help you out, and not do the whole ‘OMG! YOU DIDN’T?!” kind of thing which I hated to the upmost and slowly day by day I was forgetting whjat Jake did to me, I didn’t forget about Jake in general because I could never do that but I did my best and I did what I could.

I also got to meet the rest of Marks friends all of which I liked, they were known as The Yorkshire Boys, not the best reputation but they weren’t bad they didn’t get totally smashed everyday and they didn’t get in fights unless they had to, and best of all they were like Mark and I liked Mark so I liked them.

So one day we were all sitting in the basement, Joey had a beer in his hand and was taking a swig while Mark shot on the pool table, he lined the stick thingy up with the ball, did a funny thing with his wrist and shot, cheering as ball after ball bounded into nets. Joey chugged the last of his beer and threw the bottle into the bin, it landed with a clank. I just sat on the old dirty torn up couch and watch, smiling at their odd comments and jokes.

“Ah! I demand a rematch! Seriously dude, I know your cheating, it’s not possible to win a pool game so fast and easily” Joey said swaying slightly.

“Maybe you should stop drinking then give it a go” Mark says touching him on the shoulder and looking solemnly into Joeys wobbly eyes.

The rest of the gang laughed and nodded their heads agreeing.

“Hey Ava, you ok? You’re kind of being really quiet?” Sam asks quietly beside me.

“Yeah I’m alright” I nod my head and smile softly at Sam; I love how much he cares for me.

“Alright well let me know if anything is out of place, ill pop it back in” He says with a wolfish grin.

I laugh happily “OK”

He salutes my way and gets up off the couch and walks over to Matt.

There are five Yorkshire Boys; Matt (The eldest), Josh (sensible guy), Joey (trouble maker),  Sam (softy, who everyone teases but loves), Mark (The complicated guy that no one understands but appreciate his honesty) and me I guess if I can be included in the group.

Matt has the looks that most girls go for (though all the guys do); he has brown eyes and light blue eyes, a bit like crystals, and his clothes are rugged and touch giving off a bad boy vibe, he was into leather jackets and motorbikes but deep down he is a sensitive guy though no one messed with him.

Josh was neat, everything had to be in place and he sorted out the fights making sure everything was fair and everyone got along. He had soft bluey/green eyes with sharp blond hair brushed down carefully; his style was more suit like with black jeans and white shirts with a loose black tie, girls also craved him but not so much as Matt.

Joey; the joker, the fun guy, I could picture myself having a water fight with him but the girls squealed after him like a pack of hyenas. He had scruffy dirty blonde/brown hair and deep blue eyes that showed more emotion than he wanted them to, his style changed constantly but usually singlets and casual jeans slung low unless I told him to pull them up or id do it for him and I wouldn’t make it pleasant.

Sam; Blond, light blue eyes, usually went for the quiet admiring girls. I loved Sam he was my second best friend to Mark, he was so kind and considerate that he seemed almost like a little boy in a big guy’s body. He was the cute guy of the group but his personality made him like that if it was just looks he was smokin’ hot like the rest of the Yorkshire boys, secretly I thought they were all somehow related but I never asked.

And last but not least Mark; the odd one out, girls were careful around him, admiring from a distance. He had a queerness about him that most people didn’t trust about him, I personally just thought it was Mark, my Best friend and I didn’t have a problem with it, which is probably also why me and him got along; I trusted him and we had a secret understanding of each other’s wounds. Though I guess if you did think about it Mark was rather scary, he had a firy temper and menacing bright green eyes that seemed to look right through you, making it impossible to lie to him and to some people; speak which was quite funny really. I wasn’t judged when I was with mark either, I was who I was and he was who he was.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

191K 7.2K 28
Life couldn't be sweeter for Eden and Zach. After a whirlwind romance, the outgoing hairstylist and shy lawyer dream of a bright future together. Bu...
400K 6.3K 26
What he doesn't remember... she will never forget. "I'm going to tell you a story... And let me tell you now, it doesn't end pretty." Since the first...
1K 131 22
A story about life, heartache, reconnections, family, old and new love. Hope you all enjoy it.
4.3K 78 15
When someone you loves cheats on you you already feel shit, and it certainly dosen't help when that person you loved was Niall Horan...