My Soul Still Stays (Jerza)

By strawberrypolkadot

Erza Scarlet has a lung decease and has been in the hospital for the most part of her life. Somehow the docto... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5 - Final
IMPORTANT!

Chapter 2

1.4K 34 12
By strawberrypolkadot

Erza P.O.V

I made my way to the X-Ray room, with Jellal beside me. I had done this so many times before, I knew exactly what to do. I lay down and I was covered by a green light. My mind wandered, and I recalled a memory from the back of my head. It felt as though I wanted to forget it.

A little scarlet haired girl was sitting on the street, knees tucked and her face buried in them. The rain was pouring down, camouflaging the girl's tears. She shivered as her small and short dress clung to her body, making her cold. She had an eye patch on her right eye. Something shielded the girl from the freezing rain. She looked up and saw a boy about her age with blue hair and a tattoo over his right eye. She looked up at him, and he smiled comfortingly at her. "W-Who are y-you?" She sobbed scooting away, afraid. "It's okay, I won't hurt you alright? I'm Jellal, Jellal Fernandez. What happened to your eye?" He asked the girl and crouched down nest to her. "I-I'm E-Erza..." She said. My curiosity is growing. Who is the girl there? She looks kind of familiar, but not too much... "Do you have a last name?" Jellal asked her. She shook her head and looked at the ground. "Why?" He asked and the girl's eyes watered slightly. "I... My parents died in an accident when I was four." She said. "How old are you?" "Eight." He smiled. "Me too!" He said happily. That smile, it looks so familiar... He touched her hair making her flinch. "W-what are y-you d-doing?" She stuttered scooting away. "Your hair, it's really pretty... I know! How about Scarlet?" He asked excitedly. "For what?" She asked. "For your last name! Erza Scarlet!" He exclaimed making the girl put a hand on her chin... WAIT! Erza Scarlet?! That's my name!

Was that girl me? And Jellal, I knew him before... Now that I think about it, he and his parents let me stay with them until they moved away, and couldn't take me with them. I ended up in the orphanage; before I found out I had some sort of disease, and met Lucy. We've been best friends ever since. Before I knew it, I was pulled out of the machine and they sighed. It was nothing new, I mean, no matter how many times I came here, they never knew what was wrong with me. I came out of the room with Jellal by my side. I re entered my room and sighed. I looked at the pot of flowers next to my bed. The colors of the pink and purple petals seemed soothing. Should I confront him about ages ago? Or should I keep this to myself? I sighed deeply, not noticing him come in my room.

Jellal P.O.V

I entered the room and saw Erza looking at a vase of flowers and sighing. She seemed oblivious to my presence, and only noticed when I sat on my usual seat. She looked at me, and she seemed to be debating something in her head. "Is something wrong?" I asked and she shook her head. "Just thinking." She said putting a finger on her chin. Oh, how long I haven't seen that gesture. I wonder if she still remembers me... "Jellal?" Her voice brought me out of my train of thoughts. "Yes?" I asked looking into her eyes. "U-Um... I was thinking about something, b-but I don't know... It's silly never mind." She mumbled looking away. "What? Tell me!" I said playfully. A light blush tainted her cheeks. "Um... I don't exactly know if it was real or a dream, but when I was little..." She started her fingers fiddling. "Was there a scarlet haired girl with an eye patch when you were around eight?" She asked and I was taken aback. Well, I guess she does remember. "Yes actually." I answered plainly. Her light brown eyes gazed into mine. My heart started pounding as those eyes seemed to bore into my very soul.

Normal P.O.V

Jellal looked at Erza, and she looked right back at him. It was only when the door open that he turned away looking the other way. She stared back at her hands as the figure entered. A man with raven hair entered. "Hey Erza." He said. Erza looked up, and her face lit up when she saw him. "Gray! I thought you moved away!" She exclaimed beaming. He shrugged and Jellal felt a hard pang in his chest. He exited the room giving the two some privacy. "What are you doing here?" She asked as she embraced him in a bone crushing hug. "Still as strong as ever I see." He chuckled. Erza let him go, and he smiled down at her. "Oh! How are things between you and Juvia?" She queried. He shrugged and a slight blush tinted his cheeks. "Aha! I knew it!" She yelled bouncing on the side of her bed. "Shh! People could hear you!" He said putting his hand on her mouth. Her gaze softened as well as her voice. "I'm so very happy that you guys are finally together..." She said hugging him once again.

Jellal P.O.V

After I came out of Erza's room, I went to the front office to see if I had any new patients. I just started being a doctor, so Erza was my first patient. After about ten minutes, I returned to see if he was still there. As I approached the door, I heard a soft voice. "I'm so happy that you..." I couldn't make out the rest, but as I peeked into the room, I saw them hugging. I was quite angry. I went off in the direction of my office, and sat in my chair. Why am I so angry anyways? Whatever. I shrugged playing with my pen. I decided to do some paper work to get my mind off things. A light knock resonated in the room. "Come in." I said, and a woman with black hair entered. "Hey Ultear." I greeted. We had been friends before I even finished medical school. "Jellal, so, I was wondering how your first patient is doing." She smiled and I sighed. "Well, but she acts like she isn't ill. She's just forced to stay in the hospital in case of emergencies." I sighed. She looked at me her eyes glinting. "Why don't you bring her outside around town? She hasn't been out of here since she came here a few years ago. I bet she's longing to go outside again." She said and I looked up at her, my mouth slacked open in a 'O' form. "Are you serious? That long?!" I exclaimed and she nodded. "Plus, you can be more then just her doctor you know. You can be her friend as well." She said smiling before closing the door as she left. I sighed and thought about the idea. It was getting late, and I couldn't take her out now. I had to wait until tomorrow. I didn't understand the hospital's logic anymore. They kept her here because she had a disease, then why keep her here and not send her home to live with a friend? That Lucy girl wouldn't mind that much since they looked very close to each other. I sighed for what seemed like the millionth time that day.

Erza P.O.V

It was morning, and Gray left yesterday. I smiled to myself as I remembered teasing him about Juvia. I chuckled, but then Jellal came in, wearing normal clothes. It consisted of a brown T-shirt, dark jeans, a black jacket and sunglasses, and the average men shoes. I looked at him confused. He held his sunglasses in his hand and he smiled. "You ready?" He asked making me even more confused. "Ready for what?" I asked and he smirked. "Well, I figured you might want to stretch out your legs." he said and my face lit up. I pounced on him and gave him a bear hug. "Really?! I get to go outside?!" I beamed and he nodded. I released him, grabbed some clothes and rushed into my bathroom.

Once I came out, my smile never faltered. I smiled and we exited the hospital. The walk out of the hospital seemed like forever, but finally, the wind brushed against my skin. "Wow, I haven't been out of there in ages." I said to myself but he seemed to have heard because he chuckled. We seemed so close, but I just remembered him yesterday. It already felt like a lifetime that we knew each other. But it hasn't because I forgot him. I giggled in my mind remembering his face. We walked around town in a comfortable silence. I honestly had no idea how to start a conversation. "What do you like?" He asked dragging me out of my thoughts. "Huh?" I said and he repeated. "What do you like? I don't know much about you anymore. I want to be your friend like old times." He smiled at me, and I felt my face getting hot. No! Bad Erza! He's just a friend... "Well, I like swords, books..." I couldn't think of anything else as I racked my brain. "Do you still like cake?" he asked and a light lit up inside of me. "Oh! I haven't hade any in years!" I exclaimed embarrassed at my forgetfulness. We stopped in front of a bakery. "Shall we go in?" He asked. "Yeah." I said smiling.

As we entered the bakery, a man with blue hair grabbed Jellal by the collar and gave him a noogie. "Hey! Cut it out Seigrain! Mystogan!" Jellal hollered and another boy with blue hair came out. "Oh hey Jellal! Seigrain! Stop your immaturity!" He scolded. Oh my, it has been a long time. I stood there in awkward silence as the three brothers' quarelled. Jellal finally broke free, and a tall woman with blue hair and beautiful green eyes came in. "oh my! I am so sorry ma'am-" She started, but tears came to her eyes as she saw me. "Erza?" She asked her voice quivering. I waved tears in my own eyes. The lady pounced on me and crushed me into a hug. "Hello Misty." I said hugging her as well. "Oh, how on earth did you find her Jellal?" She asked him and he looked a little awkward. "Well, she's my patient at the hospital." He mumbled shyly and his mother gasped. "Why are you in the hospital?" She asked turning to me. I looked at my shoes. "I have a lung disease, and they won't let me out of the hospital. It's been a few years since I was outside." I said blinking back tears. "Oh dear. I'm so sorry." She said and I smiled wanting to get out of this awkward situation. Lucy could write a book about this meeting or something. I chuckled to myself.

Jellal's family went back to work, and we sat at a table. "So, who's that Gray guy?" He asked cocking an eye brow making me giggle. "He's a friend from high school. I'm so glad he and Juvia finally got together though." I said laughing as I remembered his face. "Juvia? Another high school friend?" He asked and I nodded. Silence filled the room, and Jellal's mother put down a plate of cake in front of me. I immediately recognized it. It was strawberry cake! It was the best cake you could ever get! "Thank you!" I beamed and she chuckled. "Figured you'd want some." She said leaving once again. I ate the cake almost instantly. "Never change. Never change." Jellal mumbled. I couldn't help but giggle at myself. "What?" He asked looking me in the eye. "Nothing. I just realized how much I've missed your family." I said recalling all the memories I had with them. I sighed. "I really did miss you." He mumbled but I heard perfectly. I felt my cheeks burning up. I looked out the window to see the busy streets of Magnolia. The bell to the door suddenly rang, and two figures entered the shop. "Okay! Just don't eat too much alright?" The female said. There was a female and a male. As I got a closer look, I gasped. "Lucy!" I exclaimed and their heads wiped in my direction. "Erza! You're out of the hospital!" She exclaimed happily. "Well, for the day I guess." I said motioning to Jellal who was casually sitting in a chair. Lucy finally recognized him. "Oh hey Jellal!" She waved at him and went and sat down with Natsu at the table behind them.

I am utterly confused. He seemed to catch on to my confusion. "She works for my parents here." He said and I nodded smiling again.

After about an hour, we walked out of the bakery, and I was meaning to ask him a question. "Jellal, what are you and your family doing back here? In Magnolia? I thought you moved to Edolas or something." I said and he looked at me grinning. "Well, my family's bakery got moved here again, so they moved here. I was already moved to the hospital. I just started to be a doctor." He explained and my foggy mind saw light. Oh, he just started huh? "Who's your first patient then?" I asked densely and he chuckled. "You are actually." He said and I blushed in embarrassment. Oh...

*"What else do you like?" He asked and I looked at the town I was walking in. "I should be asking you that sir." I replied and he was about to open his mouth, but I stopped him. "No buts mister!" I said stubbornly huffing my cheeks making him laugh. "Okay okay... Seriously... Well, I guess I like reading... baking... um... I seriously don't know." He said and it was my turn to chuckle. His face light up as he grabbed my hand and pulled me in a direction. "Hey! Where are we going now?" I asked over all the noise that was around us. We stopped in front of a tall building and I gasped. "Wow..." I said wondering what was inside. "You should see the inside." He said and I followed him. Once I stepped inside the building, I was surrounded by books. "Oh my gosh! I haven't been here in forever!" I squealed earning a few glares from reading people. "Sorry." I whispered looking at my shoes. Jellal chuckled lightly, before looking in my eyes. "Come on. What is your favorite book genre?" He asked me as we sat in chairs facing each other. "Well, I like fantasy, and romance mostly." I answered and he smiled. "Me too. Except not the romance part. I also like Sci-Fi" He shuddered at the mention of romance. We entered the fantasy section for young adults and looked at some books.

I saw one that seemed interesting. I picked it off the shelf, and looked at the cover closely. Pegasus The Flame Of Olympus. (This is one of my favorite books) I found myself in the twelve and teen section. I saw Jellal was still in the other section about twenty meters away from me. I held the book in my hand and walked back to him. He looked up from the book he was holding, and saw that I was walking down the column of books. We both finished the book within a few hours, and we exited the library.

We got back to the hospital and I couldn't help frown. He looked at me. "Don't worry Erza. You won't be in there forever." He said soothingly making me feel better. I sat on my bed and picked up the book about swords Lucy gave me.

Chapter 2, Sword of Attila...

DT9Uuwn

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.8K 563 14
The perfect pair shall thrive in the Conquest of Dawn. But who is the perfect half of Gusion Paxley? The battle of selection. The battle of love. Boo...
147K 3.6K 63
Lumine and Aether... The Twins from another world, traveling throughout the Universe. They went from Universe to other Universe... until an Unknown G...
243K 6K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ જ⁀➴ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
2.2M 115K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader ┕ 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...