The Starling Saviour

By paintpastel

Finally free of Malcolm Merlyn, I was able to lead my life the way I wanted to. But following my wishes came... More

The Starling Saviour
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Author's Note
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Author's note #2
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
2K reads!!!
Chapter 17
Authors note #3
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Part 2
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Author's note #4
Chapter 38
Part 3
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Announcements and a Thank You!
Part 4
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Author's Note on Part 4
Part 5
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Chapter 81
Chapter 82
Chapter 83
Chapter 84
A Letter

Chapter 2

2.3K 65 18
By paintpastel

Isaac handed me the ticket with his free hand as we dragged our luggage onto the conveyor belt, the atmosphere of a public airport seeming almost alien to me. Many people hurried through the building, the time of year the most popular time to go on holiday for many of the English population.

'I almost forgot how... Busy everyday life was,' I marvelled, turning to every part of the building I could.

It was the only glimpse of other people's normal, everyday lives I had seen in about a year.

'This place has changed quite a bit since you left,' Isaac reminisced. 'Less money, more people.'

'How did you get a job then?' I asked, trying to show an interest in his life.

'Just the luck of the draw,' Isaac explained. 'Astrophysics was more in demand a year ago, anyway. That show, The Big Bang Theory, made loads of students want to take physics last year in uni, and in a few years time, there's going to be hardly any more job- sorry, I'll... stop rambling on.'

'It's fine!' I laughed. 'I've missed speaking to you.'

'Really?' Isaac laughed back. 'Well, did you watch it, in America? The show?'

'No,' I shook my head.

Last year I was on that cursed island. No time for TV there.

'Seriously?' Isaac asked in disbelief. 'It's so popular! It's something you'd enjoy.'

I didn't know how to tell him the truth just at that moment, so I left it for another time, where it was quieter and less crowded. Where I felt I could properly relax.

'I'll have to watch it then,' I smiled lightly.

'Oh no,' Isaac said, noticeably dreading something.

Elliot was walking towards us at an angry pace, looking at Isaac especially angrily. It was clear Isaac had upset him in some way.

'What did you do?' I murmured from the corner of the mouth, slightly intimidated by the look on Elliot's face.

'Why did you not have the curtesy to tell me you were boarding a plane?' Elliot shouted in a huff. 'Without me? I thought we never kept secrets from each other, Isaac! I thought we were at the same level. But no, you just decide to leave the country and not tell me!'

Wow.

'You didn't tell him?' I exclaimed.

I had took it that Isaac had told Elliot he wasn't going to be around for a while. After all, they were together. It wasn't like it was for work either; it looked as if we were going in holiday together and ditching Elliot.

'I... I didn't want to create a... A scene,' Isaac whined.

'Well, you certainly have now!' I commented, rolling my eyes.

I then suddenly turned to Elliot. How did he know everything I had told Isaac?

'Wait, how do you know we're going out of the country?' I asked. 'How did you know we were even here?'

'I heard you two,' Elliot said at once, spitefully. 'How you wanted revenge on that assassin!'

'You were listening in on us?' Isaac accused.

'I'm not proud of it, but, yes,' Elliot nodded.

'You could have just joined in on the conversation,' Isaac said. 'It wasn't like we were doing anything behind your back.'

Elliot just raised his eyebrows at Isaac.

'But you wouldn't have talked about that little fiasco at the house if I was there, would you?' Elliot accused back.

'Well, now you know,' I commented, taking a breather.

It was all so dramatic. Too dramatic for my liking. All I wanted was to kill Merlyn, not kick up a fuss. But then again, murdering someone was kind of dramatic too.

'That is why I'm coming with you,' Elliot stated, taking his ticket from his pocket as if he was trying to make a statement.

I hadn't even noticed he was carrying a suitcase.

'But what about your job?' Isaac asked, starting to act concerned for Elliot's well being. 'Why are you throwing it all away?'

'I couldn't bear to be without you, Ise,' Elliot said sweetly, and much more quietly than before, tears in his eyes. 'I'd miss you.'

'Me too,' Isaac smiled, before they both hugged in forgiveness through more tears.

Well that was a very quick metaphorical rollercoaster.

'And I also want to get revenge on this guy,' Elliot said unexpectedly, dabbing his eyes.

'Why?' I asked, intrigued. 'I thought he didn't do anything to you.'

'He did, actually,' Elliot informed us. 'He threatened to kill me if I didn't let him in the house. And he tried to kill you, Ise.'

'I, I didn't realise, Elliot,' Isaac said, taking pity on his boyfriend.

It looked like Merlyn had affected us all.

'Just, are you sure you want to come?' I checked.

'I'm sure,' Elliot nodded. 'And now we need to get to that plane if we want to get to Starling City.'

---

'Buckle up,' I said as we set off from the airport, the plane gaining speed and turbulence.

'I- I'm not sure I want to do this anymore,' Elliot suddenly changed his mind. 'I have a job, a house, friends-'

'Well, there's no turning back now,' I pointed out. 'Welcome to the team.'

'So, where are we actually going to go?' Isaac asked fittingly as the plane left the ground.

'Well, we have eleven hours to kill,' I pointed out, kicking my feet up. 'We have plenty of time to figure all that out.'

'Or, we could just start now,' Isaac insisted. 'I don't want to be completely homeless when we get there.'

'Okay, okay,' I said, rolling my eyes. 'Can I not relax for a minute?'

All the commotion ever since I arrived back home had gotten to me, and a year without a home on the island had really helped me become independent and self sufficient. I didn't need any provisions to get through to the next day.

'First, we need to book a hotel,' Isaac instructed, noting a plan on a piece of scrap paper.

'I know just the place!' I exclaimed, remembering the cosy little hotel I had seen near the city stadium. 'We should be able to get a room there too, it's never usually busy.'

'Good,' Isaac nodded. 'We'll have a bed tonight then.'

'But then where do we go?' Elliot worried. 'We need long term accommodation!'

'We could... squat?' I joked, but all I recieved was an unamused look from Elliot. 'Hey, I'm only joking, Elliot! We can... Look around when we get there.'

---

Soon enough, my eleven hours of bliss were over, and we landed in Starling City.

I had had many second thoughts on the plane, thinking about my family I had left behind, or how I had taken Isaac and Elliot out of their happy lives into my crusade. But I needed to find Merlyn and finish this, once and for all. Besides, the boys had chosen to come with me; I hadn't made them or pressurised them into joining me in any shape or form.

But what if someone I knew in Starling saw me? I didn't think I was ready to get into that life again, especially resuming my relationship with Tommy. He had most likely moved on from me anyway, since I was presumed dead and everything. If I was going to at least get revenge on Merlyn, I needed no tiebacks or regrets. I needed to be able to focus on the task at hand, not who it would affect afterwards. And whatever we did would definitely affect Tommy. After all, Merlyn was his father.

'This way,' I gestured Isaac and Elliot to the direction of the hotel, following the signposts for the stadium.

It felt strange to be back, the signature smell of Starling's Big Belly Burgers drifting through the streets, or the unmistakable skyline of the buildings that towered over the city.

It almost felt like Starling was my second home, yet I didn't feel I could become a part of it. I had to hide in the shadows and not get into too much trouble so that no one knew that I was back.

After all, I was supposed to be dead.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6K 102 19
Five years after a shipwreck left him stranded on a remote island, Oliver Queen is discovered and returned home to those closest to him; Oliver tries...
58.8K 1.5K 22
- a story in which a meta human wants to use her powers for good and asks team arrow for their help
31.9K 994 40
Completed Story!!! You just have the best luck in the world, don't you? After 6 years of training, you are finally free to live a normal life as you...