Many Shades of Rae

By MercuryMessenger

"How do I always get into situations like this?" - - - - Let's start over - - - - I'm Raven Roth. I am apart... More

Ch. 2
Ch. 3
Ch. 4
Ch. 5
Ch. 6
Ch. 7
Ch. 8
Ch. 9

Ch. 1

1.4K 55 18
By MercuryMessenger

Raven's POV-

Ugghhh.

My head.

"Rae are you alright?" I hear someone say.

It's" I pause catching my breath-for some reason it's hard to breathe, "Rae-VEN!"

I look up, and see Beast Boy.

"Heeeey," he says carefully, "I'm reaaaaaally sorry. It was an"-he gulps, "accident?"

I glare at him and I note the question in his voice. He must think I am REAAAAAAALLY stupid.

Looking around my room, I search for the inevitable broken object. Then I see it, my glass orb laying cracked open in front of me. The toxic contents soaking my cloak.

"Did you hit me with that?" I exclaim.

He gulps once more. "Yes?"

Before I can respond with a bolt of energy, Cyborg grabs me and take me to the infirmary as quickly as he can. All I can do is wait to wake up later, as I fall pass out.

- - -

I open my eyes. I'm in the infirmary? Yeah, I am. My head is pounding. "Raven," I hear Robin say, "Can you hear or see me?"

I open my eyes slowly and see a blur of the team standing around me. Slowly my vision clears up and I can see.

"What happened?" I ask still dazed.

"Uhhh." Robin starts but is cut off by Cyborg.

"Why don't we let Beast Boy explain."

Beast Boy gulps as all eyes land on him. "Oh-ohhhkay." he finally stutters out. I can sense the fear rolling off of him. Pursing my lips and sending an annoyed glare, I stare him straight in his emerald eyes as he continues.

"You see what happened was," he pauses and takes a deep breath, "IwasplayingagamewithCyborganddecidedtothrowastinkballathisfacesoIwouldwinthevideogamesothenhechasedaftermeandIranintoyourroomandthenIdecidedtothrowablackballathimbuthewasn'tinthedoorwayyouweresoIhityouinsteadandtheballendedupbeingglasssoyoupassedoutandtheglassblackballthingycrackedANDTHAT'SWHATHAPPENED."

I stare dumbfounded, and my head began to pound even more. "Slow . . .Down" I say wincing and grabbing at my head.

"--------" he sighs, "we were playing around and I went in your room and threw a black ball at your head."

I gape at him. HE went into MY room and messed with my things and then BROKE them by hitting me in the skull? That's what happened?!?!

"Wait," I gasp horrified, "The black glass ORB my father sent! God d*mn it Beast Boy!"

"Maybe?" he replies confused and probably scared.

I flash a portal and step into my room. Great just great, I touched the black liquid from the orb. Now whatever spell my father sent me will be enacted.

He had sent it a while back. The orb was in a special box and the note that came with it said if I ever chose to be on his side I needed to touch the liquid and allow my emotions free. I haven't a clue what he's got in mind-but I DO know that I have a curse that will probably enact itself soon. THIS is why I hate Beast Boy...

I felt their presence behind me and turned to see my team standing there. "What is the matter friend Raven?" asks my sweet friend Starfire.

I turn and get ready to deliver the speech of why Beast Boy is a dipshiz.

"It touched me." I state blandly. My friends wait for me to elaborate. "I." I stop talking to turn to them. "I don't know what is going to happen to me tomorrow. But I need you to be aware that because this orb is broken-I am going to be under a spell of some sort. It will have something to do with my emotions. Be careful and I suggest having replacements ready for emotion explosion victims. It will most likely wear off around anywhere from a week to a month, I can't tell at this point. You've got him," I point to a certain green haired shape shifted who is currently cowering in the corner, " to thank."

"Uhh..." the team begins to respond but I cut them off.

"I'm going to enjoy my last night of peace and hopefully get some nice meditation in. Good night."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

95.5K 3.2K 52
"𝐓𝐫𝐮𝐭𝐡, 𝐝𝐚𝐫𝐞, 𝐬𝐩𝐢𝐧 𝐛𝐨𝐭𝐭𝐥𝐞𝐬 𝐘𝐨𝐮 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐚𝐥𝐥, 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐀𝐫𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐭𝐥𝐞" 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 Caitlin Clark fa...
174K 4.6K 40
" She is my wife, stay away from her!" " Keep trying she will remain mine. " " Show me your scars, I want to see how many times you needed...
104K 9.2K 111
"You think I'm golden?" "Brighter than the sun, but don't tell Apollo" Dante hates Rome's golden boy. Jason doesn't even remember him. Right person w...
1.8M 60.2K 73
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...