Invisible

By andreaellyce

When 18-year-old Emma Dawson was raped after her junior year in high school, her entire world fell apart. Esp... More

MY FATHER
ONE NIGHT
JEREMY
MY FAULT
SIGHTLESS
JESSIE
BLAMED
THE END
FRIENDS
IGNORANCE
DEAD AND GONE
PAYBACK
A HERO
I'M LUCKY
SISTERS
BROKEN
THE DEVIL
MY MOTHER
HUMAN BEING (Strike-out)
LAST RESORT
FAMILY
AIDEN CARTER
SILENT
INTIMIDATED
SO WRONG
DEFINITION OF FAMILY
GIRLFRIEND
ALICIA
THE STUDIO
MERELY FORGOTTEN
MOTHER'S INTUITION
HARMONY
ASHLEE
TWISTED
PROM NIGHT
MESSED UP
THE RIGHT
ALREADY GONE
QUESTION
FIRST TIME
SAFE HARBOR
RUDE AWAKENING
CONFESSION
ENOUGH
SECRETS
CONFLICT
THE TRUTH ABOUT ASHLEE
GUILTY
ANGER NEVER SLEEPS
MADNESS
BREATHING
FAMILY FIRST
JANE S.
JUST A DREAM
STAYING
HOME (lengthening chapter title)
LETTING GO
ADORED
YEARNING
PROTECT
EVIDENT
This isn't really a chapter... O_O just wanted to add something to it
This is just to clear some things up...
Again, not really a chapter... More like an update.
Okay, I know you guys are sick of this but this is an update

TRANSLUCENT

21K 370 9
By andreaellyce

ALI WON’T STOP STARING AT ME as we’re sitting around the table, talking about Ethan and Blake and graduate school and how Aiden’s major is finally decided.

“Well,” Ethan says, “Glad you finally made up your mind. Wouldn’t want you to be the family screw up.”

“Ha ha, shut up,” Aiden says.

Blake smirks, stares at Ethan. “Don’t worry, Ethan. When karma finally catches up to you and you flunk out of medical school, we’ll all be there for you when you move back home.”

“Blake, no one included you in this conversation.”

I leaned toward Jack. “Still like this, huh?”

“Yeah…You’d think college would finally change it, but nope. Nothing’s changed at all…” He rolls his eyes, looks at Ali. Then his expression changes to caution. I look toward Ali, her expression still hardened, as if she wants to rip someone apart. I gulp

Am I really that obvious? And if so, why is she the only one that notices… And Jack?

“Emma,” she says as she picks at her food, tries not to look up at me as she does, “what have you been up to?”

I shrug, trying to remember how my school year went.

“I’ve just been studying a lot,” I respond, “You know… Trying hard to go for Ivy League.” I smile brightly… I guess that was one good thing about my senior year.

I made it into Emory.

“Did you get into the school you wanted to go to?”

“Yep.”

“Whoa!” Ethan cuts in, “You’ll be going to school with me and Blake? Sweet.”

“Yeah,” Blake says, “More of our little sister, and right down the street from Aiden. That is pretty sweet.”

My eyes widen, and Aiden’s do the same.

They should know we’re not together anymore, nor will we ever be… I guess…

Aiden shakes his head, shrugs. “I guess.”

“So,” Ali continues, her eyes glued to mine, “Anything else?”

“Not really,” I say, “I mean, I’ve been writing a lot lately too.”

“Really?” Her eyes start gleaming, as if she’s proud. “About what?”

“Teenage stuff. It’s boring.”

“Ha!” Ethan yells, “You should write a book about all of us… Now that would sell.”

“Get over yourself,” Blake mutters.

“See, that’s your problem, Blake. You can’t accept the fact that I own. It’s been bugging you ever since you were old enough to walk.”

“Nah… I think it’s you who’s been bugging me.”

I watch them as they argue, as Jack glares at the both of them, as Aiden’s expression grows annoyed…

And as Ali continues to stare straight at me…

She can keep watching and searching all she wants…

She may find something, but she surely won’t find what’s wrong with me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5K 643 38
"I'm sorry for hurting you. I'm sorry for being so emotional all the time. I'm sorry for hurting myself the way i do. I'm sorry for pushing everyone...
2.7K 141 19
Eighteen-year-old, Emily Castille, thought love wouldn't come early for her. She was busy as it is with helping her parents out with camp they ran as...
5.6K 346 32
Aria had a simple life, she had her friends, her brother, and her parents. At the time she thought life couldn't get any better; minus the guy she wa...
70.3K 2.1K 23
I leaned forward and closed the last half an inch between us, pressing my lips onto hers. She didn't flinch away at all, but instead pressed closer...