Runaways -A One Direction Fan...

By whispersong312

People go missing everyday, whether from kidnapping, homicide or they just simply ran. The world is cruel, th... More

Chapter 1: A Normal Morning
Chapter 2: Changes
Chapter 3: Not Exactly as Planned
Chapter 4: Time to go
BONUS One-shot #1: The Blizzard
BONUS One-shot # 2: The 12 Days of One Direction
BONUS One-shot #3: All I Want For Christmas...
Chapter 5: There's Only One Direction Away From Home
Chapter 6: Italy
Chapter 7: The Best and the Worst
Chapter 8: When all is Quiet
Chapter 8: Return of the Cookieman
Chapter 9: Nickolette Swan
Chapter 10: Breakfast Before Bros
Chapter 11: There's a Time for Panicking and That Time is Now
Chapter 12: Mariokart with Larry Stylinson
Chapter 13: World News
Chapter 14: You Can't Run From Everything
Chapter 15: Last Nights
Chapter 16: Goodbyes
Chapter 17: Home Sweet Home...I Think
Chapter 18: Game Plan
Chapter 20: I Never Thought It Would End Like This
Epilogue: A Normal Evening
What is this?

Chapter 19: SuperPaul

237 8 6
By whispersong312

A/N: Hello again all my lovelies :) I just want to start off this author's note with another thank you for getting this story up to 2,000 reads! Seriously, when I first posted this story and saw it had gotten 50 reads, I was soooo excited. And now with over 2,000...that's just an amazing feeling :)

Anyways, here's the second last chapter of Runaways, not counting the epilogue, which will be posted on Sunday, May 12, 2013. ONLY 2 MORE WEEKS!!!! I KNOW!!! So yeah......hope you all enjoy this chapter, and remember that I'll be posting another story pretty soon ;)

Today Question is....

How did you become a directioner?

Louis' P.O.V

"FUCK!"

"Lou! Shut up mate or we'll have the whole studio on our backs!" Harry whisper-yells at me.

I glare at the curly-haired lad and continue rubbing my knee in pain. Damn table. "Well sorry Haz, but it's not my fault the table decided now would be a good time to attack my leg." I shoot back.

Harry rolls his eyes before peeking around the corner of the piece of stage lighting the two of us are currently hiding behind. I lean against the smooth surface and wait for Harry to pronounce the 'all clear'.

It's been about 2 minutes since Niall, Zayn, and Liam went off to complete their jobs, but the combination of adrenaline left over from our out-running the fan-mob and the extreme nervousness I'm feeling right now has made it seem like hours have passed. It really is terrifying knowing that at any minute, some random-ass worker could waltz right in here and our cover would be completely blown...although I'm feeling something else that I can't put a name to. Anxiety? Fear? Exhilaration...I can't possibly be....excited...can I? I mean, we're practically breaking and entering to save a hostage from a physcopath. How is that exciting in anyway?

"There's no one out there, we're good." Harry hides back behind the lighting and turns to face me, "Uh...Louis? Why are you on the ground mate?"

"I'm not on the..." I look down to see that I have, in fact, managed to slide to the floor whilst deciding exactly what my emotions were doing, "Oh...I guess I am."

"Damn right you are. Now come on, we don't have all day."

Harry offers me a hand, but just as I'm about to grab it, he pulls away and I sprawl face-first onto the floor.

"I can't believe you fell for that!" He says, his raucous laughter the only thing I can hear.

I push myself into a standing position and scowl at the curly-haired boy, "You're a twat. You know that?"

"You've told me many times before." Harry answers, calming down somewhat.

"It was a rhetorical question." I murmur, walking out into the empty space that fills the heart of the studio.

The studio looks very much the same as it did when we were last here almost....three weeks ago was it? God does time fly when you're acting like an idiot in Italy....Pieces of the stage for our 'Take Me Home' tour are still lying in random places as well as some of the items from our 'Up All Night' tour last year. Well...it looks like no one was doing much work while we were gone.

"SO, HAZ..." I begin, whirling around to face the lad behind me.

"Lou shut up."

"So Haz." I try again, this time using my 'inside voice' as Liam would call it, Harry nods his head, "What exactly are we going to do now?"

Harry's eyes dart around the large expanse of the studio, taking in every last piece of equipment before settling on me, "I um...I think we...um....."

"You forgot the plan too?"

"Well I'm sorry but I think I lost 2 years worth of my memories while being chased by  a hoard of screaming girls." (A/N: Can anyone tell me what 'foreshadowing' is? AATT)

I smirk at Harry, well, at least I'm not the only one who forgot what Liam told us....of course I was never listening in the first place..."S'okay Haz. Let's be ninjas for the next 8 minutes!"

"Or we could text Liam and ask him how it's going."

Damn you sensible Harry.

"You're no fun." I pout, crossing my arms and plopping my -fabulouis- ass down onto some random wooden box like the 5 year old I'm sure is trapped inside me. Harry ignores my behaviour and whips out his phone. His fingers dance over the screen, typing a quick message to Liam. He waits for a second before squinting at the message on the screen.

"WHAT'D HE SAY?!?" I shout, bolting up from my seat and no doubt scaring the shit out of Harry.

As if to prove my point, the curly-haired lad claps a hand over his heart and looks at me with wide eyes, "Jesus Lou! You almost gave me a heart-attack!"

"Yeah yeah, what else is new? Now give me the phone I wanna see!" Before Harry can protest, I snatch the phone out of his hand and turn my back on him so he can't steal it back.

To: Daddy Direction

From: Haz :P

me and lou are in the studio, nothing interesting so far. wasn't niall supposed to come and be lookout?

To: Haz :P

From: Daddy Direction

Oh right, I forgot about that. He's with us at the moment, no need to worry. Can you guys actually come over here? We're at Adam's office.

"Well we're off to Adam's office then!" I announce, throwing the phone back to Harry, who just barely catches it. Well, catches isn't the right word....more like waves his hands around in an attempt to stop his 'precious' phone from falling to the ground...special Harry. Once the phone is back in the safety of his pocket however, he reaches out a hand and grabs the collar of my shirt,  almost choking me.

I cough, "Haz? I know you love your phone and all, but that's no reason to strangle me."

He hastily lets go of my shirt, "No no, it's not that. Did something about that message seem off to you?"

"No...?" I say, though it comes out as more of a question.

"Think really hard."

I squint my eyes in an attempt to make it look like I was concentrating hard...yeah right, I  never do that...but nothing comes to mind, "It was just a message from Liam."

"Yes...but did you notice anything about the message?"

I stare at Harry, trying to find the answer as if it was written on his features. After a few moments, my patience wears out and I throw my hand up in the air in exasperation, "Bloody hell! I don't know!"

What can I say? I am a very impatient person.

"There were absolutely no spelling or grammar mistakes in that text."

I freeze. What. The. Actual. Fuck. No spelling or grammar mistakes? But....but it's Liam....LIAM CAN'T EVEN SPELL DIRECTION!!!!!

Harry seems to notice my stunned silence and comes over to stand beside me, "Exactly."

"But...but what's wrong then?"

Harry shakes his head, "I don't know, but it looks like we're going to find out soon doesn't it?"

I groan and put my head in my hands. Why did this happen to us? Why? Why? Why? Why? "Nothing's going our way." I sigh, the words slightly muffled by my hands. Harry places a comforting hand on my back, "Lou, I don't think anything we've ever done has really gone 'our way'. Do you know how many times we've been yelled at because of something stupid we thought would be a good idea? The Pineapple incident?"

I smile at the memory, yup, best day ever. Harry sees my change of mood and claps his hands, "Well then! Let's go be ninjas and save our friends!"

"Um....I don't really want to be a ninja anymore. How about I be Superman, and you can be my curly-haired sidekick!"

"How come I have to be the sidekick?" Harry pouts. I KNEW IT! I KNEW HE HAS AN INNER 5 YEAR OLD!

"Because I said so." I reply, flashing him a smirk before taking a 'heroic' pose. "COME NOW MY CURLY-HAIRED COMPANION!"

"At least I don't have to be the damsel in distress." Harry mutters.

"Oh I wouldn't count on it Lois."

Harry just shakes his head as we both laugh. Maybe something is finally going our way.

Of course, the arrival of 2 burly security men who think it would be a good idea to club me over the head can change that.

I never knew Harry could scream like a girl.

****************

Niall's P.O.V

(A/N: It feels like forever since I've written in the leprechaun's P.O.V)

Okay Ni, calm down. You need to calm down. Don't let Liam or Zayn see you cry, that'll just make them more upset and you don't want that...don't cry....don't cry....dammit you weren't supposed to cry.

I curse my feeble calming system as a few stray tears leak out of the corner of my eyes and gently trickle down my cheeks. God I'm terrified right now. I'm so scared I'm not even hungry. One minute Zayn and I were walking towards Adam's office in hope of finding Safaa, and the next, some beefed up asshole comes and literally drags the both of us over to -very uncomfortable- wooden chairs and ties us to them. Yeah, Zayn and I are currently tied to chairs. Creepy much? Then, to make matters worse, Adam appears out of fucking nowhere and explains to us that he never really kidnapped Safaa, he just needed something to get us back.

I of course, uttered some choice words that would make any Irishman proud which resulted in a gigantic piece of duct tape over my mouth.

Yup, bound and gagged. Never thought I would be in this situation....well.....I did...but I figured we would all be held hostage by some crazed directioner....

Then Liam showed up, totally unaware of the fact that in about....I would say 30 seconds, he would be in the same position as me and Zayn. with our lovely prick of a manager staring at the 3 of us like we're his next meal. And it's creeping me out.

"Oh, look what we have here. A text message." Adam says, unlocking Liam's phone. Did I mention that Adam took our phones to? "From the one and only Harry Styles none the less. 'Me and Lou are in the studio, nothing interesting so far. Wasn't Niall supposed to come and be lookout?'" he reads, "Hmm...what should I say? Oh I have an idea, 'Oh right, I forgot about that. He's with us at the moment, no need to worry. Can you guys actually come over here? We're at Adam's office.' That sounds good, don't you think so boys?" He smirks at the  3 of us who are pretty much sitting ducks, "And send."

I begin to panic. No! Harry and Louis need to stay away! Damn Adam and making sure he got our phones, they need to know it's not safe!

"I'll wait until the rest of the band gets here and then I'll start explaining. I've always loved it when villains monologue in movies."

"I don't get it! Why are we fucking tied up!" Zayn exclaims, trying to wiggle his way out of his bonds.

"It's no use Zayn, these guys have tied these knots better than any guy in the Navy." Liam says. I nod my head in agreement, anything I would've tried to say would've came out as an unidentifiable weird muffled sound.

"Yes Zayn, listen to your friends. And I would've thought someone who was smart enough to come up with the idea of flying to Italy could've figured out why I'm not letting the 5 of you run free like happy herd of birds."

"Flock." Liam mutters. Adam whips his head around, "Excuse me?"

"It wouldn't be a herd of birds, it would be a flock."

Adam's lips press into a thin line and he nods slowly, a murderous glint appearing in his eyes. I suddenly become very fearful of Liam's safety. "Of course it is, how silly of me." he says, the venom in his voice blindingly apparent.

For a moment I think Adam is going to punch Liam right then and there, before a very high-pitched scream causes all of heads to turn towards the sound.

Oh. My. God. Was that Harry? Zayn and Liam seem to be thinking the same thing because their eyes widen in realization. "What happened?" Zayn squeaks. Wow, Zayn squeaking, if this was in a normal situation and not one where I was fearful for all our lives then I would've laughed.

"It appears that those two took a bit too long to come over here. Oh how I love security men." Adam says cheerfully, and I almost want to throw up at how fake it sounds. Yeah, Adam cannot do happy.

"LOU WAKE UP! AHH! HELP! GET OFF ME YOU BASTARD! I SAID GET OFF!"

Harry's angry shouts pull everyone's attention to where 2 of Adam's scary looking cronies are dragging Louis and a fighting Harry towards us. Well, it's more like dragging Louis, who seems to be completely out, and trying to keep Harry from clawing their faces off.

"Someone has quite the amount of spunk." Adam says, regarding Lou and Harry as if they were no more than bugs he stepped on that ruined his designer shoes before turning to speak to his henchmen, "Tie them up with the others."

The 2 men go to obey Adam's order and within a surprisingly short amount of time, the five of us are sitting patiently, waiting for Adam to well.....decided whether or not we're going to get out of here alive....

**************

Louis' P.O.V

Ow fuck, my head. I feel like I've been hit with a truck. God what happened? I was talking with Harry about being Superman and then.....and then...I don't remember. Did I fall or something? Or did Harry decide to be a smart-ass and throw another pineapple at my head (A/N: Another pineapple Louis? So are you saying this has happened before?)

I let out a soft groan and move to brush my hair out from my eyes, but to my surprise, my arms are tightly bound to my side. What the actual fuck is going on here? Why can't I move? And why does my head hurt so bad?

I peel open an eyelid and squint to make out the blurry image in front of me. Too bright, too bright, abort mission.

"Oh, it appears Tomlinson is finally awake, this is great, now I can start my monologue." A voice says.

I freeze. No, it can't be...Adam, can it? But he was supposed to be outside with everyone else, not in here. Wait, where are the rest of the lads?

I force both my eyes open to see that I am apparently tied to a chair....well...that's a great start. I turn my head to see that the rest of the boys are in the same predicament that I am, except for the fact that Niall has a piece of duct tape over his mouth? What?

"Welcome back to the real world Louis." The voice says again, and I slowly turn to behold Adam, the one man I was hoping to never see again.

"Um....thanks?" I say, before groaning in pain once more, "Fuck I feel like I've been hit by a truck."

"Well that's because Mark gave you a little bump on the head." Adam responds, drawing my attention to the 4 beefed up security guards standing in a circle around us, "But now that you're conscious, I'm guessing you guys are expecting some answers."

None of us bother to grace Adam's question with an answer but he continues on anyways, "So, 3 weeks ago, after Niall decided to hit me over the head with a guitar." He glares at the Irish boy and reveals a long gash on his forehead that was previously concealed by his hair. "I was told by your driver that the 5 of you had run back to your flats. Well, this raised a red flag because I was expecting you to go somewhere less obvious, so I viewed some of the footage that I got from the cameras placed in all of your kitchens."

"You installed cameras to spy on us?" Harry asks disgustedly, "YOU PERVERTS SAW ME WALKING AROUND NAKED!!!!!"

I can't help it, so I laugh at Harry's predicament. Still though, installing cameras in our apartments? C. R. E. E. P. Y. Spells creepy, and that's exactly what it is.

"I can assure you Harold that none of that video footage remains." Adam snaps, obviously angered by the interruption, "Now as I was saying, using the footage from the cameras, I learned of your little 'plan' to try and run away to Italy. But we couldn't allow that. Can't have the world's most popular boy band running all of the place now can we? So I paid the driver of the lorry you 5 took to slip a drugged water bottle into each of your bags. Unfortunately, only one of the water bottles weren't confiscated by airport security and I do believe it was the one put in the luggage of Harry Styles."

"So that's why you were acting all loopy!" Zayn says.

"Yes yes, that's what Seroquel can do to you." Adam says like it's the most obvious thing in the world.

"Seroquel? What's Seroquel?" Harry asks. Yeah, what the hell is that? I don't know about the other lads but I've never heard of that before.

"Seroquel is an antidepressant drug that makes you act like a drunk person if you consume too much. Unfortunately though, there wasn't enough of the drug inside the water and no permanent harm was done to Harry."

Did he just sound....disappointed? OH HELL NAW!!! NOBODY TRIES TO KILL MY HAZZA!

"Then, you met that Nickolette girl and everything just went downhill from there. I lost track of you 5, so when I got a call saying that Harry had been seen in New York. I automatically assumed you had gone to America. Of course, you hadn't, but I did have your cell phone numbers, so I tried to scare you out of hiding. I didn't even know that you were staying with Nickolette until I saw a glimpse of you at the airport with her. And then you came all the way back here and brought this lovely mob to my doorstep. All because you thought I had Zayn's little sister."

Adam finishes with a pointed glare at each of us in turn. To say I'm shocked would be an understatement. THE MAN PLANTED FUCKING CAMERAS IN OUR FLATS!!!

"So, you're saying that we didn't even need to come home. Well, that's just peachy." Zayn exclaims. If his hands had been untied, then he probably would be running them through his hair.

Adam smirks and goes to say something before a loud crash from the other side of the studio stops him short.

"What was that?" I whisper.

"Oh my god, did some fans get in?" Liam says, obviously terrified that we'll be ripped to shreds by angry fan-girls.

"You 4, go check it out. Make sure no one gets back here." Adam orders, pointing a finger in the direction he wants his henchmen to go in. They comply, leaving only us and Adam in the room. I notice the curtain behind Adam swishing, as if someone had just let go of it, but I don't say anything lest it be someone on our side.

"Did you see that to?" Harry whispers to me  out of the corner of his mouth, never once taking his eyes off of the curtain.

"Yes."

"Did Louis see what?" Adam question before turning around to see exactly what we're finding so interesting. And right into the face of my now most favourite person on the planet. Paul.

"PAUL!" The five of us cheer, well, I think Niall said it to, but it came out as more of a 'Pmmmmmmm." sound.

"What is this I hear about you wanting to hurt these boys?" Paul demands angrily, towering over Adam.

YEAH! GO PAUL!! WAY TO SHOW WHO'S BOSS!

"Paul, as your boss, I order you to step down, this doesn't concern you." Adam stutters, clearly scared shitless by our awesome security guard.

"You're not my boss. And these boys are my responsibility, so yes, I do think this concerns me."

YEAH BUDDY!

What happens next is hard for me to comprehend. But one second, Adam was about to charge Paul, and the next, he was tied up in electrical wiring. Did Paul do that? Cause that's pretty fucking amazing.

"OHMYGODTHANKYOUSOMUCHITHOUGHTIWASGOINGTODIE!" Niall rambles as Paul removes the tape from his mouth.

"Jeez Nialler, calm down before you hurt yourself." Liam chuckles as Paul loosens the ropes binding the Wolverhampton lad to his seat.

"Paul, you are my Superman." Zayn says cheesily.

It takes a second for his words to sink in, but when they do, I start pouting, "I thought I was Superman!"

"Don't count on it Lois."

Damn you Harry.

If you liked it...

COMMENT

VOTE

FAN

SHARE

-SR

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

28.9K 1K 48
I thought I was done finding me. I thought I was complete and that there was no more to do. But now I've lost myself, I'm incomplete. I've lost one o...
117K 3.7K 30
*YOU NEED TO READ THE FIRST BOOK TO UNDERSTAND THIS ONE ITS ON MY PROFILE * The past might have hurt you Yes you can run away from your past. But wh...
12.1K 707 30
Hey so I am writing this currently... some updates will be slower than others but I am trying my very hardest to make them as frequent as possible wh...
78.8K 962 27
Sophia, Simple,Sophisticated, and maybe a bit of stupid when she finds out she might be pregnant with an unknown man's baby. She meets Harry, he's hu...