Trailer Making 101

By brookieismyname

Have you always wanted to make trailers but just have been stuck on what to do? Have you had questions that... More

Trailer Making 101
The Intro
How To Download Clips
Finding/Picking Clips
Matching Clips
Sony Vegas/ Windows Movie Maker: How to add Video's etc..
The Text
Gifs
Q&A
Q&A || Second Edition
Copyright Statement
*New Clip Finding Tip
Actress Clip Index
Actor Clip Index

The Software

26K 415 388
By brookieismyname

Thanks so much too: purpleismymiddlename, ClaireRenee, Dragon_Ridder55, Kras12, and IamSiobhan.

---------------------------------------

First, we're going to start with what makes editing your trailer possible.

The software.

Now there are MANY different kinds of software. There's iMovie, Sony Vegas, Adobe Premiere Pro, Windows Movie Maker - the list goes on FOREVER.

But finding the right one for you is essential. Not every software out there is going to be for you. It's like shoes, some fit and make you so happy to wear and others just don't work, and you want to burn them.

How about that shoe analogy, huh?

No matter the reason, the software is essential.

But how do you know which one to get? If you google 'video editing software,' there are pages and pages of options. Some of them are good, but most of them?

Homes for viruses.

So, I went out and asked for other trailer maker's help. And, thanks so much to them, they responded! Below is a little forum they filled out about their software and why they like it.

Now you can see through the trailer maker's eye what software's are considered the best on Wattpad.

[WARNING: IN ORDER TO SEPERATE THE USERS BELOW I WILL BE USING GIFS OF EXTREMELY ATTRACTIVE MEN. ATTRACTIVE MEN HAVE BEEN KNOWN TO CAUSE DROOLING, CRYING, SWEATING, EXCESSIVE HEARTBEATS, AND UNCONTROLLABLE FEELINGS OF LOVE. IF THIS OCCURS, YOU'RE SCREWED]

Username: brookieismyname {Me}

Software: Sony Vegas Pro

What you like about it: It has lots of cool features and effects. I could spend hours on it just messing around. When it comes to text, it has pretty much just basic features. I recently downloaded a few plug-ins and they came with some cooler effects.

Why you think it's good to use: It's a little tougher for beginners but if you just focus it becomes so much easier and you'll fall head over heels in love with it! I could mess with it all day.

Your rating for it: 9/10 It's a great software but the text you can use on it sometimes is pretty basic which is the only thing keeping it from becoming 10/10

Username: IamSiobhan

Software: Vegas Pro 9 and 12

What you like about it: It's easy to use (although sometimes it's a pain) and you can add effects to your video easily and you can cut the video clips easily. The only downfall is that I haven't figured out how to add text to the video yet, you have to add it on as a separate slide.

Why you think it's good to use: Good effects, easy to cut, you can adjust the audio to fit your video with a click of a button, and much more :P

Your rating for it: Sony Vegas Pro 9 --- 9/10

Sony Vegas Pro 12 --- 7/10  (it freezes and crashes and it is basically the same thing as Vegas 9 except it crashes)

Username: purpleismymiddlename

Software: CyberLink Power Director 11

What you like about it: Very Simple to use and lots of creative options. The text choices are really wide and everything is incredibly customizable.

Why you think it's good to use: Straightforward set up and it's great for layering both speech and music. Lots of premade formats for those who don't want to spend too much time editing.

Your rating for it: 9/10 :)

Username: ClarieRenee

Software: Sony Vegas Pro 0.11

What you like about it: Vegas Pro is not too advanced, but it's also not a basic editor. You can learn how to use it on Youtube using user's tutorials. The rendering doesn't take so long, and the quality is pretty good. The only thing about this editor, is that it's pretty expensive.

Why you think it's good to use: It has lots of titles, transitions, and effects to use. It also has overlay and cropping, which a lot of editors don't have (It makes it easy to crop out the symbols and etc. on the video you downloaded if you did). I also think that editing the music and sounds in this editor is more efficient than many others.

Your rating for it: 9/10

Username: Dragon_Ridder55

Software: Video Editor {For android tablets}

What I like about it: Its very simple but not too basic. It lets you use pictures or videos and you can add backround music. It was already installed and I thought "Hey Jacy, (Sorry that was an Uncle Si moment) I could use this for trailers!"

Why I think its good to use: The design is simple so you know what you're doing. It has a lot of trasitions and effects. Like I said, you can add music and sound effects.

Your rating for it: 8/10

Username: Kras12

Software: iMovie

What you like about it: I like it because it's very organized and easy to use (for me at least) and you can add music, sound effects, transitions, photos, all that jazz

Why you think it's good to use: See Above

Your rating for it: 8/10

So, it seems to be that Sony Vegas is the most used software out of the people I asked. I'm in love with it so I promise you'll come to the dark side.

UPDATE [2020]

Hey all you cool cats & kittens (anyone get that reference??)

I recently started using a new software that I noticed no one had talked about yet. So I wanted to share it with you, my friends!

Username: brookieismyname

Software: Adobe Premiere Pro

What you like about it: I love this software! It has a lot of the same benefits as Sony Vegas products. It's easy to organize and, once you get used it, easy to use. It comes with a lot of free text presets. It also comes with a lot of new effects. You're able to adjust the color and sound in ways you are not with other softwares.

Why you think it's good to use: See Above [I now realize this question is exactly the same as the one above, haha]

Your rating for it: 10/10

Tip: You can download the free trial for 'Sony Vegas Movie Studio', and when that's up, you can download the free trial for 'Sony Vegas Pro' The software's are very similar, and you can get more than two months without paying a dime.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3M 379K 66
Stay connected to all things Wattpad by adding this story to your library. We will be posting announcements, updates, and much more!
119K 3.1K 38
wander ; verb to move about without a fixed course , aim or goal . " im just living.." - r'monei
70.4K 168 18
just some of my horny thoughts;) men dni
227K 35.4K 92
ပြန်သူမရှိတော့ဘူးဆိုလို့ ယူပြန်လိုက်ပြီ ဟီးဟီး ဖတ်ပေးကြပါဦး