I love... [Akashi x Orphan!Re...

By cyberwriterfuyu

A drama with a sweet romance. You and Momoi both love Kuroko and Akashi has feelings for you. What would happ... More

Where it all started
Ch.2
Ch.3
Ch.4
Ch.5
Ch.6
Ch.7
Ch.8
Ch.9
Ch.10
Ch.11
Ch.12
Ch.13
Ch.14
Ch.15
Ch.16
Ch.17
Extra Ch. 1
Ch.18
Extra Ch.2
Extra Ch.3
Ch.19
Ch. 20
Ch. 21
Ch. 22
Ch. 23
Ch. 24
Ch. 25
Ch. 26
Ch. 27
Ch. 28
Ch. 29
Ch. 30
Ch. 31
Ch. 32
Ch. 33
Ch. 34
Ch. 35
Ch. 36
Ch. 37
Ch. 38
Ch. 39
Ch. 40
Ch. 41
Ch. 42
Ch. 43
Ch. 44
Ch. 45
Ch. 46
Ch. 47
Ch. 48
Ch. 49
Ch. 50
Ch. 51
Ch. 52
Ch. 53-5
Ch. 57
Ch. 58
Ch. 59
Ch. 60
Ch. 61: Final
Akashi's Route
Kuroko's Route

Ch. 56

553 27 6
By cyberwriterfuyu

That day you started to research about basketball. The positions, forms, etc. You even learn about some things about managing thanks a lot to one of the orphans. Interested, you decided to be a manager. You didn't want to tell Kuroko-kun about the situation so that it would be more of a surprise so it remain a secret as you started you first move.

        Your first plan was to talk to the captain of the team. When you open the gym's door, you could hear the sounds of chattering, footsteps, and the ball bouncing. You looked up to see Aomine-kun smiling as he shot basketball perfectly in the hoop. While you were in a daze on how cool Aomine-kun looked, a member walked up to you to see who you were.

        "I don't think I saw you around, who are you?"

        "Oh. Hello, I'm (L/N) (Y/N). I'm looking for the captain here?"

        "Nijimura-san? He isn't here today. Would you like to talk to the vice captain?"

        "You called?" a voice ask. The red head boy looks at you, walking in the conversation. When your eyes made contact, you were intrigued by him. "Do you have business here?"

        "Yes, I'm (L/N) (Y/N). Please to meet you." You slightly bow with a smile.

        "I'm Akashi Seijuro, the vice captain here. What can I do for you, (L/N)-san?"

        "I want to become a manager for the team." Akashi shows you a small smile but-- " Specifically a co-manager."--he frowned. He looks at you, raising his eyebrow, and asks, "Co-manager?"

        "Yes."

        "Is there a reason why you won't help full time?" Akashi asks, smiling though you shook your head.

        "I can't tell you..." the female sweatdrop, not wanting to reveal the fact that she was an orphan.

        "What is your purpose for being a co-manager?" Akashi asks, crossing his arms. You really didn't want to tell him it was because of Kuroko-kun.

        "I'm afraid I can't answer that either." Akashi turns around and sighs.

        "Send her out." You looked at the vice captain, shocked. What did he say?

        "Wait a minute!"

        "Get out." he orders. And you were kicked out of the gym. The boys had felt sorry for you but the gym's door was slammed right in front of your face. You mouth was open, still shocked by the fact you were on the ground. Your thoughts on him was just terrible. He was acting all kind and gentlemen-like that you thought he was a nice guy. Clearly, he wasn't!

        You gritted your teeth, "I'm not giving up that easily!"

❖❖❖

        A week. At least a week and a half that you tried to prove to him but every time each day, you failed. You were thrown out and your temper was getting impatient which doesn't usually happen that often.

        "AKASHI SEIJURO!!" you quickly ran up to him, grabbing his collar.

        "Excuse me, (L/N)-san, you wold you mind letting me go? As you can see, I have practice."

        "Hear me out first!"

        "I believe we had this conversation before." A tick mark was shown on your head. He wasn't kidding you, right? He didn't even told you why you couldn't join.

        "You-" you were cut off by some of the members who actually had been kicking you out of the gym the past week. "Sorry Akashi-san! We'll get her out immediately."

        "No! Let me go!" you yelled, hitting the two as they started to grab your arms.

        "(L/N)-san." you stopped moving, wanting to hear what this red-headed vice captain had to say.

        "Do you know how to manage a team?" You shook your head, honestly.

        "I don't. But I'm willing to learn." you muttered.

        "Someone like you is most likely doing this because you have someone you like here. We are a basketball team. Our motto is 'Ever-victorious.' We won't let someone like you here who will be lazing around when everyone works hard to get to where they are now."

        'This jerk!' You try to struggle, stomping on their feets, and kick them away. He turns around, ready to walk to the other side of the gym. You had finally snapped. As soon as they both let go of you, you glared at Akashi, putting your right hand on your chest, "Akashi Seijuro! You think I'm doing this half-assed?! Take me on! I'll never lose to someone like you!"

        "You're challenging Akashi-san?" the male laughs.

        "We're sorry, Akashi. We'll send her out."

        "No! I refuse to give up!"

        "(L/N)?" Aomine-kun asks, hearing your voice. He points at the two who was on the center of attention, "What's going on?"

        "Looks like a girl wanting to have a one-on-one with Akashi."

        "Really!?" Aomine-kun goes up to you and shoves the two who were grabbing onto you away, "(L/N), let's go."

        "Wait!" you tell Aomine-kun and turn back to Akashi, "So what if I'm doing this for someone?! The more reason to get motivated. I'll show you! I'll work harder than any of these managers here!"

        "That's enough." Akashi turns around.

        "Come on (L/N)." Aomine started to drag you. You gave up, ready to walk away but Akashi stops you by grabbing your wrist.

        "No." he said, letting go of the wrist. He turns around once more and smiles, thinking how interesting this might be. "Very well. Let's talk alone." You smiled and followed the vice captain. You won.

❖❖❖

        "This is an empty classroom that I use to lose time."

        "Shogi?" you ask when you walked in. You started to observe the room, mainly the desk where there was a board and shogi pieces placed perfectly on the board, ready to be played.

        "Yes. Do you play?"

        "No. I'll have to make sure to learn later." you answered.

        "So tell me, (L/N)-san."

        "(L/N) is fine." you tell him, cutting him off.

        "Why do you want to be a co-manager?" he asks, sitting down. "I need you purpose. Is it really something you can't tell me?"

        You sighed, shaking your head. "No..." You were still standing, holding onto your hem of your skirt. "I'm an orphan. I live at an orphanage not too far from here."

        "Oho.." he said, smiling, thinking as if it was interesting. You didn't knew whether you should be mad or not but you felt calm, trying to not let any temper get ahead of you.

        "That's why I don't have time to come everyday. But I'll do my best. I'll work hard like I promise. I'll put the club over everything."

        "That's fine." Akashi said, smiling. You thought he looked amused. "I didn't expect this. I'm really surprised. I'll talk to the coach and you can start tomorrow."

        "Also.." you said, fidgeting with your fingers.

        "Hmm?"

        "I know we started off bad but now I want to try to be friends with you. It would be appreciated if you don't call me (L/N)-san. I don't mind as long as it's not -san." Akashi stands up, not saying anything. He walks to the door but stops and turn around to smile at you, "I'm fine with that. Though, I have no intention or have the desire to become friends. I'm looking forward for the results."

        "Jerk. What am I, your puppet?" you puff your cheeks, "Oh well. Now I'm in."

❖❖❖

        "(Y/N)-chan's a manager now?"  Kuroko-kun asks with his usual face.

        "Not yet." you use a towel that was sitting right next to you and wipe off the sweat off of Kuroko-kun's head. "You work hard again today. I'll be introduced tomorrow and assigned to help the third and second strings."

        "Don't overwork yourself." he tells you with concern.

        "I won't." you smiled, flashing him a peace sign.

❖❖❖

        "Ao-tan." you called out to him.

        "Huh?" Aomine-kun said, turning to you. He jumps, "(L/N)! Don't scare me like that! Are you Tetsu? What are you- Earlier- Wait, Ao-tan?"

        "One question at a time," you sweatdrop, "Whose Akashi Seijuro anyway?"

        "Akashi? Oh. He's our vice captain. Surprisingly since he's the same year as us." Aomine explains.

        "EHH?! I thought he was an upperclassmen by the way he acted. Is he that strong?"

        "Yep."

        "Ehh, how cool."

❖❖❖

        "Nijimura-san!" You called. You quickly went up to the captain and bow to him slightly. "I'm (L/N) (Y/N). I'm the new manager..?"

        "Ah, yes. Third string! Second string! First string! Come here!" he yells. "Hurry! I don't have all day!" Nijimura glance at you then to the group, "This is your new manager! Take care of her and don't bully her too much."

        "I'm (L/N) (Y/N). Nice to meet you. I don't know much about basketball but I'll work really hard! I'm looking forward to working with you all." you bow with a smile. You heard some girls scoffed but you continued to smile it off.

        "Momoi." Momoi walks up to Nijimura with a bow and jump when she saw you. 'Isn't this the girl who has been making trouble and yelled at Akashi-kun? She isn't a delinquent is she?! I was told to stay away from her so I was trying to avoid her...'

        "You're in charge of her duties. Teach her if you have the time."

        "Yes." as the crowd disperse, you and Momoi were left alone. You smile at the peach-haired girl and bow again.

        "Um.."

        "Sorry! I actually have some paperwork to do for Akashi-kun. I'll see you around!" you watch as she ran off. You sighed and started to walk towards a group of boys asking if they were in of assistance.

        "Help? Yeah. Can you wash these for us?"

        "Eh?" they started handing you their dirty uniforms and laundry. You looked at them confused and dumbfounded. "Work hard, manager-san!"

       'Is this what manager does..?' In the end, you started to work on the laundry without complaint. Whether if manager have odd jobs or not, you were grateful just to have the help and support the team.

❖❖❖

        "Oi, (L/N). Can you write the notes and stats on these players and hand it to me later on. Also if you can, memorize the team's ability as well." Nijimura asks.

        "Oh. Yeah, sure!"

❖❖❖

        "(L/N)-san, don't forget to put the boxes up on the shelf. When you're done, stay behind the counter for me and for another hour and lock up."

        "Alright boss!"

❖❖❖

        "(Y/N)-neesan, come play with us!" You look at them tired but then smile.

        "Only for a little bit, okay?"

        "Kay!~"

❖❖❖

        "(Y/N)-chan... (Y/N)-chan." he called again, with a whisper. "Wake up (Y/N)-chan." The girl was in no mood to be awake.

        "(L/N)!"

        "I'm awake!" you yelled.

        "Go outside and stand! I better not see you sleep out there either!" the teacher yells.

        "Okay..." you said, sounding tired. You yawn and looked down at the ground as you leave the classroom. Kuroko-kun looks at you with concern and doesn't say anymore.

❖❖❖

        "Would you look at her go?" Nijimura-san asks, while you were wiping the gym's floor with a cloth. Akashi stares at the girl, not saying a word. "She hasn't complain. Not even once. She's even going on an extra mile for the idiotic boys who asks her to do errands for them. It's almost been a month. You aren't going to acknowledge her yet?"

        "You haven't said anything to (L/N) as well, Nijimura-san."

        'Smart brat.' a tick mark came on top of Nijimura's head but it disappears shortly. He frowns, "Still, she's amazing." Akashi continues to watch (Y/N) finishing her job. After you were done, you felt your legs feeling weak. Your energy was slowly draining from you. Your body temperature was rising--as if a fever was ready to come. Realizing a fever might be on its way, you wanted to skip work for the day. 'My last task is to count the balls and I'll be done. Good thing practice ended early today for the volleyball club.'

        You didn't realize but two female managers were behind you, sneering at the tired female. "That girl hasn't quit yet. Ugh, I'm so irritated!"

        "I know. We even gave her out jobs and she hasn't complain yet." the girl puff her cheeks and look away. "I hate it how she was bugging Akashi-sama in the beginning."

        "(L/N) do you need help?" Nijimura asks, walking up to the female. (Y/N) shakes her head, showing a small smile.

        "I'm almost done here. Thanks for asking."

        "Ugh. I want to teach her a lesson!" the girl gritted her teeth. One of the basketball then, suddenly came rolling to the two managers. One of them picked it up and smiled, "Here I'll show her." Akashi looks at the two female to see what they were up to. He was just about to leave until something interesting came to mind.

        'Hmm? Am I missing a ball? Or did I count wrong?'

        "(L/N)-chan, do you need help?" you looked up, looking at the two female who had a grin on their face. You nod. "The volleyball team need it anyway so we can make it quick. You grab some of the balls and we will grab the rest."

        "Okay." you nodded again. You grab the three balls and quickly rush to the storage room. 'My head.. It hurts.. I better hurry.'  You were in such a rush that you had tripped. "Ow.." A couple of balls were thrown at you and when you saw who threw it, you realized that this was a set up.

        "You're a nuisance here! Get out of our team!" they shouted, closing the storage room's door. Outside, you could hear the giggling, saying that you deserve it and quickly ran away. You tried to get up but could only crouch and started to knock on the door.

        "Please! Let me out!" tears started to fall. Your head continue to feel even more painful. You had given up, knocking and finally felt like giving in. "Kuro-tan... Help.. me..."

        The door opens as your eyes closes. Who helped you?

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

50.4K 1.4K 22
[Akashi x reader] "someday you'll cry for me like I cried for you; someday you'll miss me like I missed you; someday you'll need me like I needed you...
31K 1.3K 33
Quite unplanned book, but it happened. Though the main story is about Akashi, there will be also a line with Kise. Huge thanks to YumeDream2 for hel...
234K 6.6K 76
**Discontinued** Nakamura Yuyan is nervous about going to school again after being pulled from Teiko and spending her last few years being homeschool...
630K 16.9K 33
Teiko Middle School had supposedly raised the Generation of Miracles to be the amazing players they are now, in high school. But who really did creat...