Tragedy ° DEAN WINCHESTER

By bokuroos

show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy. [dean winchester x emery wilson] [supernatural; season one-three... More

oo. | playlist
o. | the origin story of emery wilson
i. | stanford, here we are
ii. | jericho california... what a wonderful place
iii. | well, it turns out constance was a bitch
iv. | hey we're rangers now i guess
v. | nobody likes a cannibal
vi. | decent pick-up lines
vii. | don't forget to breathe
viii. | sulfur leads to demonic possession
ix. | demons shouldn't be our problem
x. | bloody mary, three times in the bathroom mirror
xi. | i'm coming back to haunt both your asses
xii. | make it seem like a hooker
xiii. | i'm gonna miss my own funeral
xiv. | the sassier the better
xv. | screwdriver phobia
xvi. | in which the wilchester trio is busy
xvii. | she finally blew up
xviii. | emery, the vampire slayer
xix. | happily married couple
xx. | they're gone
xxi. | surprise!
xxii. | all she remembers
xxiii. | suffocating
xxv. | it affects everyone differently
xxvi. | two words: f*** that
xxvii. | i hate carnivals
xxviii. | mind control or something
xxix. | psychic visions and dams
xxx. | missing in action
xxxi. | bitch; jerk
xxxii. | they made me slow dance
xxxiii. | it's just loki
xxxiv. | a whole new world
xxxv. | trust your gut
xxxvi. | death of a bachelor
xxxvii. | let it go
xxxviii. | beautiful flower
IMPORTANT; please read
xxxix. | in which emery is sick of everyone's shit
xl. | casualty of war
finale. | sacrifices and heroes
one shot. | love you goodbye
note; editing contest
note; editing results

xxiv. | goodbye

46.2K 1.5K 1.1K
By bokuroos

Disclaimer; I don't own spn.

In My Time of Dying
__________

"You know, when you were a kid, I'd come home from a hunt. And after what I'd seen, I'd be wrecked. And you, you'd come up to me and you'd put your hand on my shoulder and you'd look me in they eye and you'd say, 'it's okay, Dad.' Dean. I'm sorry. You shouldn't have had to say that to me. I should've been saying that to you. You know, I put too much on your shoulders. I made you grow up too fast. You took care of Sammy, you took care of me. You did that. And you didn't complain, not once. I just want you to know, that I am so proud of you." -John Winchester

EMERY GASPED, HER BODY SHOOTING FORWARD as she sat up. There were tubes connected to her and there was a machine beeping beside her, but she paid no attention to it.

Dean. All she wanted to know was if Dean was okay.

Weakly, the brunette got out of bed, yelping as she stepped on her foot. It must have been crushed in the crash because it hurt like a bitch. Ignoring the pain, Emery took slow, painful steps toward the door.

Once out in the hallway, she looked to the left then the right, before she limped to the left. As she slowly made her way down the hallway, her face contorted in pain, she looked into each room. Emery saw John in one of them, sleeping or unconscious, so she knew she had to be close.

She saw him, laying in bed, tubes and machines all around him. Emery took a step towards him, before somebody grabbed her arms. The hunter was forced down into a wheelchair by a nurse, who turned her around to take her back to her room.

Emery couldn't hear anything the nurse was saying, her ears ringing. Dean was dying. She wasn't an idiot, she could tell.

He was barely hanging on.

☪✡

It was a couple days later when she was allowed to actually get up from her bed, though, she had to use crutches. Emery's face was still bruised and cut from their fight and her body was broken, but she got out better than Dean.

She sat at his side most days and Sam would usually join her. Or, he would sit and wait for John to wake up, the older man still unconscious.

Honestly, Emery didn't know the extent of damage the car crash did to the four hunters, but it was obviously a lot.

The brunette could barely sleep. Not without picturing those yellow eyes, hurting her, Sam, and Dean. The doctor said she had been diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder and should go to counselling to help with it.

She could only eat a little bit too before her body would reject the food and make her throw up. The doctors had told her a long complicate response, saying that something had happened to her stomach and she wouldn't be able eat a lot of food until it heals properly.

Emery thought it was because hospital food was only a little bit gross.

The doctors also told her they got the bullet out of her lung. They asked her how she got one in her and she came up with a lie. It was simple and easy.

They couldn't know the truth about what was lurking in the dark. And she could feel that a reaper was in the hospital. It was obviously leading souls to the afterlife, whether it'd be heaven or hell, she didn't know.

It was only natural for it to be here.

Emery's only wish was that it didn't take Dean.

It was a normal day when John woke up. Emery was sitting with Dean, but she had gone to get some coffee from one of those weird machines. It was coffee, however, so that was fine by Emery. With the help of Sam, she had gotten back to Dean's side just as the doctor came in.

"Your father's awake," came from behind the two as Emery sat down in the uncomfortable plastic chair. Her crutches were put on the floor and the coffee handed to her. "You can go see him if you like."

"Doc, what about my brother?" Sam asked. Emery grabbed Dean's limp hand, entwining their fingers and rubbing soothing circles on the back of it. Just like she'd do if he was actually awake.

"Well, he's sustained serious injury. Blood loss, contusions to his liver and kidney. But, it's the head trauma I'm worried about. There's early signs of cerebral edema."

"Well, what can we do?" Sam asked next, Emery closing her eyes. She was living in hope and faith right now.

"We won't know his full condition until he wakes up. If... He wakes up."

"If?" Emery asked, tears coming to her eyes. She couldn't do this without Dean. He was her anchor.

"I have to be honest, most people with his degree of injury wouldn't have survived this long. He's fighting very hard. But you need to have realistic expectations."

The Doc left just as Emery's tears broke the barrier she was trying so hard to keep up. She felt Sam lay a comforting hand in her shoulder. The girl sent him a small, weak smile through the tears, one he tried to return. It didn't reach his eyes.

"I'm going to check on Dad. Will you be okay?"

"Yeah, Sammy," Emery sniffled, "I'll be fine."

☪✡

The only time Emery had ever left Dean's side was when she needed to eat, sleep, use the washroom, or visiting hours were over.

And when John wanted to sit with him.

She didn't want to ruin it, so she'd check every once in a while to see if he had left the room. It was an hour or so later when it was empty and she reclaimed her seat.

Emery took a deep breath, thinking of the words she was going to say.

"Dean, I don't know how to say this... But, it's clear that if John or Sam don't do anything, you're gonna die. And I have to get this off my chest.

"Do you remember when we were in high school and you skipped your prom just to watch movies with me? I think that's when it all began. I was only fifteen, but you were the sweetest guy I knew. I couldn't help but fall in love with you.

"And now, here we are, eleven years in the future and I'm still in love with you. And now you're gonna fucking die. Dean Winchester, I fucking love you and it seems like everyone I love dies.

"There was my real parents and then the Wilsons. And now you, this is so fucking unfair.

"So you better survive, Dean, because you're my anchor and I can't do this without you. You better win this fight, like you have all the other."

Suddenly, the beeping from the heart monitor turned to a steady one and a sob escaped Emery's mouth.

"Nurse! I need a nurse!" No one was coming. Ignoring the doctor's direct orders, Emery limbed to the doorway, screaming down the hallway. "I need a fucking nurse!"

Everyone was rushing then, pushing Emery aside as they started trying to jumpstart Dean's heart with the defibrillator. Emery could feel the reaper in the room and once Sam showed up in the doorway, she fell into his arms, sobbing.

When the Doctor announced he was starting CPR, Emery knew there was no hope. She was losing her anchor after she admitted her feelings to him. She wanted to scream in frustration, punch something, anything but cry. But that's all she could seem to do.

When the heart monitor went back to the steady beeping, Emery gasped.

So it wasn't his time. But, it was obvious he was still barely hanging on.

But, either was she.

☪✡

"Dr. Kripke, code blue..."

Emery closed her eyes as she waited for her coffee to finish. Sam had asked her to step out of the room, a paper bag held in his hands.

She took a sip of the scalding liquid, warming her mouth and insides. For some reason she was freezing (more so than usual) and couldn't get warm. And she didn't have Dean to cuddle with to make her warmer.

Later, she walked back into the room, after stretching her legs a bit. Emery had went to the kids wing and sat with the kids, talking to them for a bit. Most thought she was a princess (even with her injuries) and asked her where she ruled.

She promptly told them Neverland and that they were welcomed to come and join her, Peter Pan, and the lost boys any day.

When she got into Dean's room, Emery almost laughed when she noticed the Ouija Board on the ground.

So that's what Sam was doing.

It was a couple minutes later when she felt it. Her coffee cup slipped from her hand and the chair seemed to tip. Emery's body seeming to react to the feeling.

It was there, in the hospital.

Sam walked in a second later, shouting for a nurse. Emery was seizing as the nurses turned her into her side. Once the seizing stopped, Emery curled into a ball and started crying again.

What was John doing?

Emery wanted out at that moment. If Dean was to die, she was getting out of the life and staying out. She'd find another man, forget about all the things that went bump in the night.

☪✡

It was the next day and Emery was sitting by Dean's side, saying her goodbyes. She was going to leave and start fresh. Find a new identity.

With silent tears, she leaned forward and planted a gentle kiss on Dean flawless cheek.

It would have been on the lips, but there was all the tubes in the way.

As Emery was making her way out of the room with her damned crutches, a gasp came behind her. Her head snapped around and she looked at the man behind her.

"Dean?!" It came out in a gasp. "Nurse! I need a nurse!"

A doctor came in a few seconds later, unhooking all the tube and such. Emery was smiling, though it didn't reach her eyes. She didn't get it.

How was he alive?

The brunette was happy, don't get her wrong. It was just a miracle. Maybe God had finally answered her prayers.

"I can't explain it. The edema's vanished, the internal contusions are healed. Your vitals are good. You gotta have some kind of angel watching over you."

"Thanks, Doc," Dean stated, his voice hoarse from not using it for so long. Once the doctor was gone, Dean turned to Sam. "So, you said a reaper was after me?"

"Yeah," Sam agreed, nodding.

"How'd I ditch it?"

"You got me."

"You really don't remember anything?" Emery was the one to ask, biting her lip nervously.

"No. Except this pit in my stomach. Something's wrong."

There was a knock on the door, the three turning to none other than John Winchester.

"How you feeling, dude?"

"Fine, I guess. I'm alive."

"That's what matters."

"Where were you last night?" Sam asked, gazing at his dad.

"I had something's to take care of."

"Well, that's specific."

"Come on, Sam," Dean tried to stop the argument that would have probably broken out.

"Did you go after the demon?" Sam asked.

Emery kept her mouth clamped shut, playing with her fingers that were in her lap. She didn't want to say anything. What if the only reason Dean was alive was because John did something to/with the demon?

"No," John answered.

"You know, why don't I believe you right now?"

"Can we not fight? You know, half the time we're fighting, I don't know what we're fighting about. We're just butting heads. Look, Sammy, I've- I've made some mistakes. But, I've always done the best I could. I just don't want to fight anymore, okay?"

"Dad, are you all right?"

"Yeah. Yeah, I'm just a little tired."

Emery thought that sounded a lot like a goodbye.

"Hey, Sammy, would you mind- would you mind getting me a cup of caffeine?"

"Yeah. Yeah, sure."

John turned to Emery once Sam was gone. He nodded once and she felt herself tear up. Carefully, she got up and hugged him. "Thanks, Em. For taking care of my boys when I couldn't. Thank you for everything."

He was whispering.

"Goodbye, John. I'll miss you."

With that, she picked up her crutches and went to go find Sam.

Emery and Sam were walking back, tears building in her eyes. She knew it was gonna happen. She just didn't know when.

Emery couldn't watch either boys facial expressions as they watched their father die in the bed. The doctors were trying everything and Emery was crying silent tears.

"Time of death, 10:41 a.m."

___________

edited.

is it bad that i cried writing this. it was a really sucky introduction/filler. there was no action for me to write emery in though, so oh well.

also, john's goodbye speech to dean is the quote on the top. i had to put it somewhere.

welcome to season two everyone!

thanks for reading! please, vote, comment, and follow me!

bye.

p.s. i hope em admitting her feels was enough to make it up to you guys for the lack of wilchester.

p.p.s. i know she was a little pathetic. she'll become badass as the season progresses.

p.p.p.s. I'd also like to add that I try not to ignore your guys' comments, I just don't know how to respond to them.

AND THANKS SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING, YOU GUYS ARE THE BOMB.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

102K 2.4K 34
Ranking #10 in DeanWinchester 10/3/2021 Ranking #1 in SPNFanFiction 1/25/2021 [COMPLETED VERSION-UNDER EDITING] (This fanfiction is based off season...
460K 7.3K 148
Comment a Request for an Imagine of your choice and I will publish it with your name on it!! Shoutout includes... •A Follow (if I'm not following you...
920 42 20
~Wherever you are, wherever you go, may your Guardian Angel always be with you.~ For Sam and Dean Winchester, flirting with danger has never been an...
123K 3.3K 39
I was death. He was life... Two polar opposites in a world gone chaotic with battles between the forces of angels and demons. However, theirs was n...