Supernatural Abilities 'Ghost...

Da _HisMuse

Rayner Monroe's life was troubled. His parents fought excessively. What was he to do? Obviously, nothing. He... Altro

Prologue-Chapter One Hide and Go Seek
Chapter Two Supernatural Abilities
Chapter Four If the Walls Had Ears
Chapter Five Tick Tock
Chapter Six Dancing with a Catcher
Chapter Seven The Way the Cookie Crumbles
Chapter Eight Pharaoh and Drew
Chapter Nine The Book
Chapter Ten Here I Am Alive
Chapter Eleven When the Going Gets Tough
Chapter Twelve Markings
Chapter Thirteen Cry No More
Chapter Fourteen Training
Chapter Fifteen The Lonely Islander
Chapter Sixteen To Strike, or Not To Strike
Chapter Seventeen We need a Resolution
Chapter Eighteen Twisted
Chapter Nineteen Candlelight
Chapter Twenty Supernatural Crisis
Chapter Twenty-one Living For Tomorrow
Chapter Twenty-two Moby Dick
Chapter Twenty-three Catcher Academy
Chapter Twenty-four World of Chances
Chapter Twenty-five Gruesome Transformation
Chapter Twenty-six Yesterday, Tomorrow, Today
Chapter Twenty-seven The Great Escape
Chapter Twenty-eight Love Heals All Wounds
Epilogue (From a soon to be well lengthened Chapter of the Series)

Chapter Three The Opener

1.2K 42 5
Da _HisMuse

SONG VIDEO IN THE SIDEBAR TO GO WITH THE FIGHT :)

That morning I woke up to find that I was lying in the arms of Marcus. “Good morning sleepy head.” He stretched and I smiled shyly getting up off of the bed shaking out my legs. “You okay?” he asked. I nodded at him while he took me by the arm. “We’ve got to get you well fed and suited.” He instructed. “Why?” I questioned raising an eyebrow at him. “Your Opener is at noon.” The suspense was heavy in his voice. My eyes widened and I let him guide me by the arm back to our room where it was a mess.

       He went over to the closet where he pulled out an outfit bag and told me to go freshen up. I did so and then came out of the bathroom with a towel wrapped around my waist. As he turned around and noticed my appearance, the water dripping off of me, his mouth widened and he stammered back. “Uh here’s your outfit. It’s like a work out suit; the comfortable type. It has the color purple which is our ability color and our Minder sign.” He informed. I unzipped the bag and stared at our ability sign on the back of the purple athletic top which was a tight fit to our upper elbows in sleeve and right below our belly buttons with a pair of black jogging tights. I put on my own personal boots because the ones they provided were hideous.

       “Lets get you something to eat now.” He said as he stepped out of the bathroom dressed and ready. I stared at his posture and I bit my bottom lip as he walked pass me and we headed to the cafeteria. Eyes darted my way and people I didn’t even know were making small talk. Marcus stopped a couple of times and chit chatted then we finally got to the cafeteria where everyone littered.

       I just grabbed a tray and then chose the items I desired to stuff my face with. We sat at a booth over by a window where Will and Jade sat. Another girl and guy who made their way over to us were introducing themselves as Melissa and Gregory Platt. Will, Marcus and Jade knew who they were already. Both brother and sister, oh yeah, twins. They were fires. I came to the realization now that everyone wore their outfits and each identified what ability they had. “Ghost…” Melissa started, I looked up at her as she talked, “…good luck because you’re facing my brother and I in your opener with some other Supernaturals.” She winked at me.

       I gave her a nervous smile as her brother put an arm around me. “You’ll do great.” He smiled and he got my hopes up just a bit. I felt eyes on me as we made our way to the big dome. “This is where the action takes place.” Will smiled and he and Jade made their way into the stands while Marcus walked me to the arena gates. “Just remember what I told you. Breathe, you’re in control.” Marcus smiled holding my face in his hands. For a second I thought he was going to kiss me. I stared at his caramel complexion then into his eyes to find they were just beautiful. “Thanks.” I said shyly as Headmaster Galen made her way over to us.

       She put a hand on Marcus’s shoulder and he smiled at me then nodded at her and went off into the stands with our other friends. “Anything goes out there.” She smiled. “Give it your all and whatever happens is for the best.” She said smiling at me. It almost sounded as if she had wanted me to fail. I shook off the feeling and turned around facing the see through gates at the sight of the fighting area and the bits of audience that was in my line of vision.

       “Good afternoon Supernaturals. Welcome to the official Opener of Ghost our new addition here at Supernatural Abilities.” Headmaster Galen’s voice rang over an intercom. The doors opened and I hesitated a bit making my way out into the exposure and the whole school inhabitance staring down at me. Screams and shouts erupted around the arena and I smiled shyly as I turned around and caught a hold of Marcus’s eyes. He smiled and waved and I returned it.

       “Supernaturals get ready, set GO!” Headmaster Galen yelled into the intercom and it went silent for a few seconds. I stood there with my eyes closed concentrating and breathing before I opened them to find a fire ball heading straight at me. I held my hands in front of me and it stopped. The crowd began to scream in applause. I moved ahead of the ball and saw Melissa and Greg running towards me. Melissa got a hit on my shoulder and I grunted when I felt a tear; it was bleeding. They were a distances away when they began to come at me again. I ran towards them and a few inches before we collided I slid on my knees between them and then jumped into a side flip blasting them from the back with my telekinesis.

       The crowd erupted in shouts and excited screams as an earth came swiftly at me and I somehow evaded him slowing down the boulders he sent my way. I jumped into the air on them running towards him, leaping and flipping coming into view and topping him on the ground using my telekinesis so he would hit his head on the ground making him unconscious. I heard excited screams and people cheering my name and I smiled. I began concentrating again as now a fire, water, air, and earth came at me.

       My eyes widened and I felt myself go numb. I turned around slowly not knowing what was happening. Sophia was standing a ways away and in an icy cold voice said, “Fear.”

       I was in the car pounding on the window for the mugger to let me out. The shots went off and I got out running to the back of the Bargain Mart. There she was and I slowly made my way over crying. I trembled as I got close to her. Then I felt it, the energy boiling in me. Sophia was standing a few steps away with a smirk on her face. The anger was uncontrollable and she stammered back now as she noticed the energy. I was about to open up my mouth to scream when she pulled us out of the memory.

       But that didn’t stop me. Time re-winded and the Supernaturals who I was fighting were all heading towards me in an attack. Sophia was trying to stop them, but it was too late. I let out a loud scream and the energy caught them in the air. I growled flying to my feet from my kneeling position from being in the memory, and those including Sophia flew back smashing into the walls of the arena.

       “That’s it; we’ll calculate your results and give you your level in a few minutes.” Headmaster Galen said over the intercom. I stood there still fumed from the fight as medics made their way around the arena to the wounded Supernaturals. I heard footsteps in the back of me and as the hand was about to touch me somehow I manifested a shield stopping them.

       “Ghost it’s me Marcus.” He said in an assuring tone. “You let her do that.” I sneered. There was a beep over the intercom and everyone went quite. I stared up at the box and she began. “With the examination of your battle, we’ve come to the conclusion that your level is…” there was a pause. “Are you sure?” she asked someone in the back who whispered something in reply. “Ok. Ghost, your level is 5.” She said. Everyone screamed and shouted in excitement. “You’re an excellent fighter and you’ve learned to use your powers to a perfect extent. Congratulations.” She finished and everyone began to exit.

       I stared back at Marcus and he smiled at me. I rolled my eyes and stormed off through the crowd of people as I heard him yelling for me to wait.

       ‘How dare she do that?’ I thought to myself as I stormed out the side of the school through the dormitory entry way. As I walked through the fields I let out screams that resolved in bursts of energy flattening the tall grass that was in my way. “Ghost will you please wait!” Marcus yelled running behind me. I turned around quickly and sent a burst of telepathic energy at him knocking him back. He grunted getting up and kept pursuing me. I did it again and this time I boxed him in with a shield.

       I turned around and kept walking off into the direction of a lake. As I came to a rise of grass that over looked the lake I let out a scream that made the water explode like a bomb in different sections. A hand rested on my shoulder and I stopped as the water fell back soaking me and whoever it was that had caught up to me.

       They turned me around and hugged me close. I realized it was Marcus and I sobbed on his shoulder as he apologized rubbing my back gently. I calmed down and we sat on the grass. He pushed me playfully and said, “You’re missing the after party. Whether you pass or failed you get a party thrown.” He smiled. My mouth was shaped in an o shape and he began again. “You really kicked ass out there Ghost.” He cheered. “It felt so good.” I smiled flaring my shoulders around. He giggled at me and pulled me closer.

       “So where’s this Taylor gal?” I asked in a girly voice. He shrugged, “Somewhere around here.” He said. I stared off into the distance over the lake and then began to think. Why is it that Marcus and I are so close? These moments where sentiment was present and then we’ve drawn so close were becoming more and more frequent. I rest my head in the bridge of his chin and he snuggled me closer. “Tomorrow we start our classes. Since you’ve learned shielding, telekinesis, time freezing, astral projection, and energy sensing you’ll start off where everyone is right now, teleporting, which I already know how to do. Let’s not forget your Telekinetic overload. I’m glad you’ve got it under control.” He said.

       I smiled and then began thinking again. I knew nothing about Marcus Kent. Later that day we flopped down on our beds from the strenuous cleaning. Will and Jade had brought over some dinner and we were now grubbing on the myriads amounts of fried chicken on the carpet. The bandage around my arm was my only wound. I started to think now, should I ask him? “Marcus?” I started. He nodded up at me, “What’s your story?” I questioned folding my legs and sipping a glass of lemonade.

       He cleared his throat then sighed. “Uh when I was younger my mom and dad were killed by Catchers. They thought I wouldn’t grow into my powers, I teleported somehow not knowing where I was and what happened. I didn’t get to say goodbye and that guilt has eaten at me for a long time. I was in a foster home and I was adopted when I was 10. The dad was abusive. He beat and raped me. I was sleeping one night and he had come in to hurt me again, and before he could get his way I somehow I got a hold of my telekinesis and knocked him off. He was impaled into a coat hanger and the murderous sight caused me to teleport out and I was in the house where I witnessed my parent’s death. The house was abandoned and it rotted and greyed. A couple months later I found the school on my own. I was my own Savior. While I was here I met Trenton. Then a year ago, is when the accident happened.” He sighed biting into another chicken wing.

       I stared at him. I thought I had it hard. “I’m sorry Marcus.” I began crawling over to him. “It’s okay. That’s just life.” He shrugged. I frowned with a smile and wrapped my arms around his neck. He wrapped his arms around my waist and I kissed his neck. “I’ll be here for you.” I said. His hold got tighter and I snuggled in.

       That night as I slept in my bed I was yanked into a vision somewhere back in Philadelphia. “I see you’ve come home. Good looking out. But now, it’s your turn to die. Just like her.” The voice snarled. The metallic eyes blinked from within the darkness and I smirked at whoever it was. “I’m not scared of you.” I fought back. “Look who’s finally not a little bitch anymore.” They laughed out loud. ‘Anymore…’ I thought to myself. ‘…this person knows me.’ I finished my thought. “I’ll be waiting for you.” They snickered and I awoke quickly sitting up in bed rubbing my eyes.

       I got off of my bed and made my way over to Marcus’s. It’s as if he expected me to come over. He held his arms open and I laid into them as I put my hand on his chest as we lay there on our sides face to face. “It’s ok Ghost.” He said softly rubbing my back and I lay against his chest falling back to sleep in his clutch. I trusted Marcus Kent.

READ ME!!!

How do you guys like it so far? Eeeeep… Trust me when I say, there’s more action in the later chapters. I find that I also love things that blow up. That’s why I invented ‘Telekinetic Overload’. J

Continua a leggere

Ti piacerà anche

57.6K 3.3K 21
Vampires. Fey. Love. War. Sometimes you find your soulmate at exactly the wrong time... The Council of Swords, the Comhairle-Chlaidheamhan had protec...
3.4K 416 32
"We caused the end of the world. Turns out it's easier than you might think it is. All you need is a group of eco anarchists and an ounce of magic, a...
463 24 9
"Demon! Monster!" Those are the most common nicknames people give me when I show them who i am... It's not like i can help it. It's normal that they...
1.9K 110 52
When Monarki found herself tied inside a dark castle dungeon, she merely thought that it was all just a product of her dream. But when knights appear...