Dorks // Zach Mitchell

By dashroses

"Well it's still early, if you're lucky I'll make you fall again" • Dani Grady is a 16 year old girl who live... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
ANNOUNCEMENT

Chapter Eight

14.2K 379 64
By dashroses

As Hoskins got closer to us a bunch of other guys appeared and started to pack away lots of lab equipment into containers.

"What are you doing?" Claire asked.

Hoskins took another step closer "I'm afraid that's above your pay grade, honey."

Claire looked frustrated, "Then where's Henry?"

"Doctor Wu works for us now." Hoskins mused.

I glanced to a computer screen on my right that was literally showing genetic blueprints for the Indominus Rex.

I nudged Zach and Gray and tilted my head toward the screen.

Gray took a step forward, "That's not a real dinosaur."

"No, but somebody's gotta make sure this company has a future, imagine that one a fraction of the size, deadly, intelligent, capable of hiding from the most advanced military technology, a living weapon unlike everything we've ever seen!" Hoskins laughed.

So this douche manipulated the genetics team to create his own little weapon! He doesn't even care how many people were injured or killed in the process.

I took a step forward towards Hoskins and coincidentally my brother did the same, looks like Owen is angrier than I am because I can totally see a vein popping out of his forehead.

I was about to yell something but was interrupted by a raptor scream coming from my left. It was Delta.

Owen reached his arm out and pushed me behind him.

Delta's eyes were glued on Hoskins and she began to slowly move towards him.

Hoskins began to panic "Easy! Easy! Easy boy! Easy!"

Delta was now standing in front of us and had Hoskins cornered up against two glass doors.

With the rest of us hiding behind Owen, we all started to move towards two doors that will make a quick and easy exit.

"Hey! Hey! We're on the same side! Right buddy!" Hoskins pleaded to Delta while raising his right hand.

Oh god never raise your hand like that so close to an angry raptors mouth.

Suddenly, just as I predicted, Delta advanced on Hoskins' hand and bit it right off!

Owen took this as his chance to push us all through the doors and away from the blood bath and Hoskins screams.

We entered a glass corridor and ran about a metre to the right before Claire started shouting "No kids, this way!"

I took of running in the direction Claire said and was ahead of everybody else.

I heard Owen let out a strange noise of panic followed by "Dani!"

I whipped my head around to see what was wrong when I heard glass shatter behind me.

Delta had literally run through the glass right in front of me!

I let out a yelp and felt Zach grab my arm and pull me in the other direction.

We headed for the stairs that led to the 'Hammond Creation Lab' with Delta hot on our heels.

When running past the 'Holoscope' machine Gray hit a button on it which caused a large hologram of a Dilophosaurus to appear.

On my final look back before exiting through the main doors I saw that the hologram had distracted Delta. Nice move Gray.

Owen and I sprinted down the steps of the innovation centre, closely followed by Zach, Gray and Claire.

When I reached the final step I was met with the screeching face of Blue. Echo was on our right and Delta emerged from the innovation centre behind us. We were surrounded.

"That's how it is, huh?" Owen shouted while moving in front of me.

All of the raptors started hissing and moving closer to us.

Owen dropped his gun beside him and slowly raised both his hands to Blue, he then moved his right hand along the side of her face towards the camera that was still attached to her, he unclipped it with ease and let it fall to the ground.

"That's it." He cooed.

I let out a sigh of relief, as did Owen because it looked like we were gonna be okay, I mean it looks like Owen can get these raptors under control again!

The collective relief party was cut short by the very unsettling noise of the Indominus Rex.

It was in the plaza and walking straight toward us!

The Indominus started to communicate with the raptors again.

Blue turned her head to Owen and almost nodded at him.

Owen smiled and nodded back.

What the heck?!

I slowly moved backwards with Owen pushing me, this resulted in me pushing Claire who pushed Zach and Gray.

Blue let out a loud screech at the Indominus and the other raptors followed suit.

When Blue started to run toward the Rex she was blind sighted by it hitting her with its face and into a building.

Blue hit the ground. Lifeless.

Delta and Echo than ran toward the Indominus and climbed on its back and neck and began biting and scratching.

With the Rex distracted we took this as our chance to run past her and into a little hut that would normally sell t-shirts and stuff like that.

Owen was outside shooting at the Indominus while Claire, Gray, Zach and I hid in our little hut.

"We need more!" Gray whispered.

Claire shot him a confused look, "What?!"

"More teeth!" He shouted.

A look of realisation dawned on Claire's face, she stood up and and moved towards the first aid box. She grabbed something that I couldn't see from inside of it and a walkie talkie.

"What are you doing?!" I whispered from my spot on the floor.

"Okay so just wait here, it's gonna be fine." She nodded.

Looks like I'm not getting an answer to my question then.

Without a second look Claire climbed over the counter and ran off.

I could still hear gunshots so that means Owen is okay.

"Are we seriously supposed to wait here?!" Zach whispered.

"Do you have any better ideas!" I replied.

Suddenly Owen hopped over our counter and squatted in front of us.

He placed a finger to his lips signaling for us to be quiet.

I'm beginning to think Echo and Delta didn't make it.

Behind him I could see the Indominus' face slowly moving forward.

It casted shadows over all of our faces.

It then abruptly swung its face toward our hut and we all started screaming, except for Owen who was now sitting in front of us protectively with his arms stretched out.

I looked to my right and noticed that the hut extended another couple of feet.

With me being furthest away I had to yell at everyone else to move.

"Zach! Gray! Go!"

They all listened and crawled to where I instructed.

We all sat in a line up against the wall.

Zach on the far left followed by Gray then myself followed by Owen.

There was a moment of silence before the Rex's claw broke through our wall in front of us.

Gray let out a loud scream as it was closest to him.

The claw continued to move in and out of the hut wall because it wasn't grabbing anything.

On its fourth try the claw snagged Gray's pack that he wears around his waist.

We all wrapped our arms around Gray as it was pulling him hard.

"The clasp!" I yelled.

Zach's eyes widened and his hand moved to the clasp of the pack. He unclipped it quickly and the Indominus' claw disappeared out of our hut.

We all looked at one another with wide eyes. Gray was still shaking with fear.

From outside our hut we heard a loud crash followed by a ground shaking roar.

Owen slowly started to stand up. "Stay down kids."

I looked at Zach and rolled my eyes. As if I'm not gonna stand up and look.

I copied what Owen did and stood up ever so slowly.

I'll never forget the sight in front of me.

The Tyrannosaurus Rex was standing face to face with the Indominus Rex!

How did the T-Rex even get out of its enclosure?

That's when I noticed what Owen had his eves focused on. Claire.

She must have let the T-Rex out somehow and led it here using a lit flare that I can now see in the rubble.

Claire was currently on the ground behind the Tyrannosaurus, staring right back at us.

Suddenly both Rex's charged towards one another.

Gray and Zach both stood up to look at the scene. They were equally as shocked as I was.

Claire then began to crawl away from the fight and hid behind a large stone bench.

The Indominus started to dominate the fight and had the T-Rex on the ground and was moving her toward our hut. Before we knew it the Tyrannosaurus' head broke through our left wall!

I screamed at the top of my lungs while my brother moved us all out of the way.

Owen looked back to Claire and she screamed at him.

"RUN!"

Owen looked up to the ceiling and then back at us. "GO! GO!"

We all sprinted out of the hole in the wall that the T-Rex had made moments before. We headed for Claire and made it to where she was hiding successfully.

From our hiding spot we watched the Tyrannosaurus fall on our hut and completely crush it. It lay there in a lot of pain while the Indominus slowly moved over it and opened its jaws so it could sink its teeth into the T-Rex's neck.

"Oh god." I breathed.

I was about to shut my eyes so I didn't have to watch the T-Rex get brutally murdered but before I could, I heard an all too familiar raptor call.

It was Blue! She's not dead!

Blue was sprinting straight for the Indominus, when she reached it, she immediately jumped on its back and began biting into her neck.

The Tyrannosaurus recovered and tackled the Indominus into a building.

My brother tapped my arm and nodded his head toward the gift shop. Good idea.

"Let's move!" He whispered to the others.

We took off running towards the gift shop and through its open doors.

While passing some stuffed animals, Blue smashed thorough the window right in front of us. Luckily she seemed to be fine and ran back out to rejoin the fight.

We made it to the rear exit of the shop and stood behind the pillars for protection.

The Rex's continued to fight while Blue just kept getting thrown around the plaza.

The Tyrannosaurus tackled the Indominus hard into one of the fences surrounding the Mosasaurus' enclosure.

The Indominus recovered and slowly stood up.

Will this thing ever die?!

Suddenly the Mosasaurus emerged from the water and grabbed the Indominus by its neck! She then proceeded to pull it toward the water while crunching down hard on its neck. Both of them then disappeared under the water.

Dude am I glad to see that thing drown.

We all watched on as the Tyrannosaurus and Blue looked at each other. Blue let out a raptor call and the Tyrannosaurus walked away.

Owen and I moved towards Blue. I stayed a little bit behind Owen because I was scared she was gonna lash out again.

Blue tilted her head at Owen and my brother shook his head in response.

Blue then took of running down the plaza.

I always knew Owen could speak raptor.

Usually I would hate hanging out in an airplane hangar for 7 hours but after the night I've had I was glad to be stuck in one right now.

Zach and I had walked around the perimeter of the hangar at least 20 times over the course of the night.

We talked all night, which was good because we didn't get a lot of time to do that before.

The more I talked to him the more I liked him.

I could really tell that there was more to him than just good looks and sarcasm.

He may act like he doesn't care sometimes but he does. He cares about his brother, his aunt, his parents and he cares about me.

We were currently sitting on the edge of a camp bed with Gray and Claire. My brother was going around the hangar helping people because he's good like that.

Zach turned to me "What are we gonna do now?"

"Well it doesn't look like I can stay in my bungalow, I mean dinosaurs are literally let loose on the island." I laughed.

Zach laughed in return.

"I mean I go where my brother goes and I guess my brother is gonna go where Claire goes." I smiled.

"Well I bet that's gonna be near me." He smiled back.

Zach leaned in and placed a kiss on my lips. I melted into it as it was perfect.

"It's your parents! It's your parents!" Claire interrupted.

I pulled away from Zach and laughed "I'm gonna go find my brother, tell your folks I say hey."

Zach smiled and kissed my cheek before running around the camp bed to hug his dad.

I'm falling hard for that boy.

I manoeuvred my way through a bunch of people to find my brother.

When I found him he was having a conversation with Claire but they both had their flirty eyes on. Gross.

I cleared my throat to get their attention and Claire smiled at me before walking back towards her family.

Owen put an arm on my shoulder as we walked towards the hangar doors.

"So what next?" I asked.

"Well it's us Grady's against the world right?" He laughed.

I laughed too "Right."

•••••

Well looks like 'Dorks' has reached an end! I'm actually really sad it's over now because I really enjoyed writing it and I hope you guys enjoyed reading it! All of your sweet comments you would leave would really brighten my day and I'm so grateful!
Stay cool guys and leave some suggestions of what I should write next if you wanna!
Love you all x
- Indy

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

77.6K 1.5K 10
17 year old Morgana Grady is Owen's little sister. She has been living on Isla Nublar with her brother for three years, working as a trainer. It was...
117K 2.4K 81
(Y/N) Grady has always taken after her Father in just about every aspect, by the time she's 13 she already knows how to fire a gun with extreme accur...
124K 2.5K 27
❝ '𝘔𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳' 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘳𝘦𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘪𝘷𝘦 𝘵𝘦𝘳𝘮. 𝘛𝘰 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘯𝘢𝘳𝘺, 𝘢 𝘤𝘢𝘵 𝘪𝘴 𝘢 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘴𝘵𝘦𝘳. 𝘞𝘦'𝘳𝘦 𝘫𝘶𝘴𝘵 𝘶𝘴𝘦𝘥 𝘵𝘰 𝘣𝘦�...
39.9K 705 16
[BOOK 1 of the Jurassic World Trilogy] Welcome, to Jurassic World! Siblings, Zach, Gray and Maya get the chance of the lifetime to go to Jurassic W...