Magnet (Hetalia x Reader)

By burgersnscones

You just left your hometown in order to attend a university in London, England for an entire year. You can't... More

Conflict 1: Strangers
Conflict 2: Sky
Conflict 4: Past
Conflict 5: Lies
Conflict 6: Words
Conflict 7: Rain
7.5
Conflict 8: Nostalgia
Conflict 9: More
Conflict 10: Smirk
Conflict 11: Idiot
Conflict 12: Jealousy
Conflict 13: Persistence
Conflict 14: World
Conflict 15: Progress
Conflict 16: Breakfast
Conflict 17: Comfort
Conflict 18: Nordics
Conflict 19: Schemes
Conflict 20: Resume
Conflict 21: Magic
Conflict 22: Monster
Conflict 23: Countdown
Epilogue
12.5 Alfred
14.5
18.5
20.5

Conflict 3: Coffee

6.7K 234 306
By burgersnscones

"All right, that's just about it" Name straightened her back and let out a relieved "phew" as she wiped the sweat off her forehead with the back of her hand.

She just spent the last two hours lifting and dragging boxes of all sizes from the truck parked in front of her new apartment complex up to her room. They were heavier than expected and even though the driver insisted that he and his crew do all the work she persisted to help end the job faster.

"Thanks again!" She waved at the men in matching uniforms. The driver tilted his cap, "Thank you for the biscuits, miss" He replied holding up a bag of cookies. He and his men eventually left the room, closing the door quietly behind them.

Left alone, Name looked around her new place. Cobwebs were woven in the corners and crannies of almost everything. The windows were foggy. Layers of dust covered every surface available. The apartment certainly appeared as though nobody has lived in it for years. That or the previous owners were complete pigs.

The young woman let out a groan but shushed the annoying little voice in her head that kept telling her to ditch her chores and take a stroll around the city.

'That little tour will have to wait' She shook her head, comforting herself with a vision of a nice and tidy apartment and a warm bed with clean sheets that will welcome her when she returns home every night from now on.

Grinning subconsciously at the picture in her mind she rolled the sleeves of her sweater up to her elbows and tied her hair into a loose messy bun before searching for the box labeled CLEANING SUPPLIES. After she found the supplies, Name began working.

Two exhausting hours later, she unpacked.

She started with the bedroom.

There was a double-deck bed inside which she decided to be both a place to sleep on and a mini-library. Only the upper bunk had a mattress so Name covered it and decorated it with an array of flea store-bought throw pillows. The lower bunk was empty when the girl arrived so she decided it will become her new bookshelf; towers of various books of various genres lay next to one another.

Name was almost tempted to throw herself on the bed and read a book for the rest of the day.

However, she shook the thought away and immediately arranged her clothes inside the closet and dresser. She put her makeup brushes in a big cup on her vanity and her makeup inside the drawers.

There was a small desk where she placed her laptop and school supplies on. Her medical books were the only ones separated from the rest of her collection. She left her PS4 in its box, telling herself that she'd set it up in the living room once she bought the new video game she's been dying to get.

Before she left, however, she found herself staring at a certain book on the pile in the bottom bunk.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone.

Name licked her lip and remembered how she bade farewell to her seatmates in the plane.

The girl stared at individuals greeting their relatives and chauffeurs waiting for their clients. She sighed, her heart dropping. With a hesitant turn on her left foot she forced a weak smile on her face, "I guess this go—What the?" Her words are cut short and she gasped in surprise when a pair of strong arms wrap around her form and effortlessly dragged her off her feet and to a broad chest.

"I'm gonna miss you, dudette!"Alfred cried into her hair. As expected, a string of unpleasantly colorful words left their third companion's lips.

"You git, put her down!" Arthur angrily said.

Alfred pushed his tongue out at the Englishman, "You're just jealous 'cause I get to hug her"

"That's preposterous. Let. Her. Down!" The shorter man blushed furiously.

"Fine" The American reluctantly gently put the girl down.

"So sorry for that, love" Arthur told her.

She simply giggled, "It's fine. I..." She licked her lips, "I had a great flight with you guys"

"Likewise" He said with a weak smile. A silence fell onto them but it was brief when the girl cleared her throat, "I... I should go now" She glanced over at the gates leading out the airport then back at her two blonde companions, "Buh-bye then" She waved her hand as she walked away.

Name shook her head and pushed the memory away. 'No point in clinging to that. Chances are that I'll never see them again'

Last but not the least was the kitchen. After arranging the forks and knives and mugs and plates, she saw that she didn't pack any cooking supplies...

She shrugged. [Name] rarely cooked for herself seeing as she was usually busy with her studies and thus preferred to eat out or order.

The young woman glimpsed at her stomach. It rumbled. After a while she sighed. She threw her hands up in the air in defeat. But first, she needed to get rid of the dust from her hair.

Name pulled out a white cardigan, a yellow sundress and a pair of brown knee-high boots from her closet before going to the bathroom to strip and take a shower.

The girl squealed inwardly as she walked down the streets, thinking of how London was so beautiful. It looked just like the postcards. The buildings and houses lining the pavement were not tall and imposing as they were in the cities of New York and Tokyo (of course they were gorgeous in their own way as well). Like something out of a romantic's daydream. Gentle in the eye but leaving you with a strong, fleeting feeling of nostalgia and sentiment.

Name eventually found a nice café a few blocks from the apartment complex and walked inside. The bittersweet scent of brewing coffee entered the girl's nose and she smiled as she approached the counter.

"Good morning" The female barista behind the register grinned at Name, "What can I get you today?"

"Yes, uh" She glanced at the menu behind the barista, "Can I get a... an espresso please? Grande"

"Your name, please" The barista picked up an empty plastic cup and a black marker. When she didn't reply the barista asked again, "Name, please"

"Huh? Oh sorry" The girl told the barista her name, and the older woman scribbled it down on the cup.

"Are you all right?" A heavy Russian accent spoke from behind her, and Name twisted her neck around to find a tall, muscular man looming over her much smaller form.

He had a black scarf around his neck that almost covered his rather prominent yet surprisingly fitting nose. His clothes were composed of a light grey jacket over a white long-sleeved shirt and dark denim jeans with a black faux-leather belt around his waist. He was pale. Snow pale with purplish-blue eyes and platinum blonde hair. He had this weird vibe radiating off him but Name shrugged it off.

"Yeah" Name blinked several times, "Just... jet lag. I got off the plane this morning"

"Oh, you're not from London, are you?"

The barista handed over the receipt and the girl took it gently giving the older woman a small "Thank you" before turning to the man. "No, sir. I'm only here because of school. Medical school, actually. My college professor recommended me to a colleague and, actually I was supposed to come here a month ago but I forgot to renew my passport and..."

She stopped herself and the man gave her a confused look.

The girl licked her lip, "Uh... And apparently I've began to ramble about my personal life to a complete stranger who now probably thinks I'm a talkative crazy person. Sorry about that"

The man laughed, causing the girl's cheeks to heat up, "I don't mind. People are usually so quiet when I'm around, I don't mind listening to you. It's a nice change, da?"

"Yeah, I guess so" She flashed him a sweet smile.

"Espresso for Name" The barista called out. Name gave her the receipt and took the espresso while the woman signed the piece of paper.

"You just moved here, da?" The man asked. Name nodded as she sipped her coffee. The Russian grinned cutely, "I'm not from here but I do come here often for business trips. Do you want me to give you a tour some time?"

"Yes, that sounds nice. Thanks"

His eyes widened and he could barely mutter a response. "Sir?" She waved a hand in front of his face that looked a little too surprised, "Are you all right?"

"I'm fine. Did you just say 'yes'?"

"I believe I did. Is something wrong?"

"It's just that... people don't usually accept my offers"

"And why's that?"

"I don't really know. They think I'm a psychopath for some reason. I scare them"

"Well, if it's any comfort, I don't think you're scary"

"You don't?"

Name beamed, "I don't. In fact is it okay if you can show me a nice diner around here? I don't really cook much. Too lazy."

"Really?" Both of his brows rose at the girl who just nonchalantly raised her shoulders. "Yeah" She said, "Besides what are the chances of me being a psychopath?"

He gave her an odd look and she laughed, "I'm kidding"

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7K 260 18
Emalia is working when suddenly in walks a devastatingly, handsome, stranger. He sits at a table glaring at anyone who walks too close. Seeing him si...
2.4K 36 6
Welcome to this story. I am Emma and I have many story's I am working on. I have lots of things to do, and my motivation is shit. I will try to finis...
58K 836 26
Hello! This is my first book so there will probably be some Errors but i'll try my best to fix it. Also English is not my native language so pardon m...
33.2K 513 19
γ€Žγƒ˜γ‚Ώγƒͺを』 ───────────────── β•°β”ˆβž€ ❝𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑 how much of your life will change when you meet Germany.❞ ───────────────── κ’°Germany x Reade...