Wingless {Clifford A.U}

By ej_riley

Not every angel has their wings right away when they die. Michael is one of those angels. Even a year after h... More

Blurb & Cast
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
500 READS
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty-One
Chapter Twenty-Two
Chapter Twenty-Three
Chapter Twenty-Four
Chapter Twenty-Five
Chapter Twenty-Six
Chapter Twenty-Seven
Chapter Twenty-Eight
Chapter Twenty-Nine
Chapter Thirty-One
Chapter Thirty-Two
Epilogue
Shameless Self-Promo
!!New Book!!

Chapter Thirty

1.1K 59 7
By ej_riley

A/N: hey guys. Before I get started on the chapter I am asking a small favor. So my friend TheresaBrobst  is writing two books "Love Doesn't Always Mean Forever" and "Random Song Lyrics" it would mean so much to me and to her if you could check them out. She's a really good writer. Anyway here's chapter 30 enjoy.

"How is this possible? I watched you die." Ashton said, slightly terrified of the dead boy in front of him.

"Y-you can see h-him?" Astrid asked weakly, pressing her wrist to her shirt trying to stop the continuous flow of blood. Michael looked over at her. Ashton took this chance and pushed Michael off him.

"Here or not. I've killed you before, I'll kill you again." Ashton said. "Right after her."

"I'm not going to let you do that."

"Oh, and let me guess, you're going to try to play hero and stop me?" Ashton asked mockingly. "We both know how that ended last time."

Astrid tried to stay quiet, but she couldn't keep her shaky cries of pain and whimpering silent. He looked at her, a sinister smirk written across his face.

"It's not going to end that way this time." Michael said gripping Ashton's shirt tighter. Ashton laughed.

"You couldn't over power me then," he said pushing Michael off of him, "you can't over power me now." He said.

"Watch me."

Astrid didn't want to watch. Closed her eyes tightly, cringing every time she heard one of them hit the other, both yelling at each other to the point where she didn't even understand what they were saying. She had never been this scared in her life.

Michael wasn't holding anything back, all the built up anger from the past year he's been keeping to himself, pushing to the back of his mind finally being let out.

"You took my life away from me," Michael said angrily before punching Ashton in the nose, probably breaking it. "What did I do to you that was so terrible that you decided to end my life? I was your friend!"

"You know what you did. Don't act innocent. You deserved it." Ashton said, his voice muffled by his hands covering his nose.

"I did nothing! I don't know what the hell yours talking about. Even if I did deserve it for some reason, her  of all people doesn't deserve this." He said throwing another punch hitting Ashton in the stomach. He doubled over with a groan, though he looked up, his smirk still painted on his face and he wiped his own blood from his nose.

"You seem oddly attached to her," he started, gesturing over to her. "I wonder why." He said almost sarcastically. He straightened up and fighting back. "You're in love with her aren't you?" Even in pain he was still managed to sound like a cocky asshole.

Astrid covered her ears with her hands, knowing that they were talking about her. She didn't want to here what Ashton had to say about her. She didn't watch what happened next, but she glanced up and saw Ashton standing over her, Michael was picking himself up off the ground. Ashton got on her level, pressing his knife against her neck.

"Don't touch her!" Michael yelled.

"And what is going to stop me from slitting her throat right now in front of you? Sure you could try to kill me, but that's just more blood on your hands. I hold her life in my hands whether you like it or not." Ashton said.

Astrid went completely still, her heart was pounding to the point where she thought everyone else could hear it. The two boys were staring at each other in silence, if Michael took even a step towards them, Ashton would slit her throat, but if he waited too long it would happen anyway. What was he going to do?

"M-Michael please." She said in a almost quiet tone, but he still heard her. She wasn't asking anything specific, but her eyes were pleading.

"Be quiet." Ashton hissed.

"Don't use her to get to me Ashton." Michael said, his eyes looking back between the two.

"I'm not using her to get to you. We had a deal, she broke it." Ashton snapped.

"You forced her into it. You threatened her!" Michael said.

"This wouldn't be happening if she just kept her mouth shut. Now I'm keeping my end of the deal, and the only reason I'm not about to slit her throat, is because her death is going to be slow and painful, and you get to watch.." He said, and then everything happened so fast. He moved the knife from her neck, and she didn't have much time to process what had happened until she felt a sharp pain below her stomach where Ashton had plunged the knife. She screamed again, her hands covering the wound, blood soaking her hands. "And by the way, they aren't threats, they're promises." He said almost smugly.

Ashton didn't have time to do anything else before he was shoved against another crate, Michael's hand wrapped around his throat.

"Give me one good reason why I should bash your head in?" Michael said, or more like growled.

"I don't have a reason. Go ahead. Do it." Ashton said, his voice strained.

Astrid looked up at Michael, she had never seen him like this, it scared her. Tears were still running down her face and the blood soaking through her shirt and coated her arms. She didn't want to see Michael to become a killer. "M-Michael stop." She whimpered and he glanced over at her. "Don't k-kill him, don't sink to h-his level." He looked angrily back at Ashton.

"Even when you've done nothing but hurt her she still wants me to spare your pathetic life, and I will for her." He said before hitting Ashton hard enough to cause his body to go limp and fall to the ground unconscious. "Have fun in prison." He muttered before going to Astrid's side, his whole demeanor changing from anger to concern for her.

Everything was spinning, her head hurt worse and spots started dotting her vision, pain overwhelming her body. "Oh my god." He said to himself, looking at her injuries. There was so much blood.

"I-it hurts so b-bad." She whimpered.

"I know angel. It's going to be okay I promise. Just hold on and stay with me-no don't close your eyes-stay with me. Everything's going to be fine." He said, holding her hand with one hand and stroking her face with the other trying to keep her from losing consciousness.

Calum, who had been standing by because Michael said this was his fight, not Calum's, calmly walked over to Michael.

"What do I need to do to help?" He asked and Michael looked at him.

"Uh, find a phone, these places usually have wall phones in the offices. Just call the police and have an ambulance come." He said and Calum nodded, running off.

"Who was that?" She asked, everything was so confusing. Spots dotted her vision and she was seeing double now.

"My friend Calum." He said trying to keep himself calm.

"He's an angel, like you." She said quietly.

"Yeah he is. He helped me find you. He's the reason Ashton could see me." He said. He was trying to keep her talking so she would stay awake.

"He sounds like an amazing friend..." She said trailing her sentence off, her eyes slowly fluttering shut as she started slipping into unconsciousness.

"No, no, no stay awake please. Wake up please. Oh god, please. Goddammit." He pleaded, but her body had gone limp and her eyes stayed shut.

"Michael they're on their way. We have to go." Calum said.

"No I'm not leaving her." He said.

"Michael, we have to. How are you going to explain how you are here right now? A guy who was pronounced dead over a year ago? They're going to ask you who you are and what you were doing here and we can't risk that." He said.

"I don't want to leave her. Don't make me, I need to stay." He said.

"No, let's go, I will personally drag you out of here if I have to. You can see her in the hospital. Let's go now." Calum said and Michael sighed in defeat, hearing sirens in the background.

"I'll be back. I promise." He said quietly, before standing up following Calum away from Ashton and Astrid, glancing back occasionally at her, feeling guilty for leaving. They made it out the door as police and an ambulance pulled up into the parking lot.

"We can wait here if you want and make sure she's okay." Calum suggested once they were out sight.

"I just want to make sure they get her safely to the hospital." Michael said watching.

After several minutes of waiting they both saw paramedics carry Astrid out and loading her into the ambulance while police dragged Ashton out who looked half conscious out of the building to one of the police cars. They watched the ambulance pull out of the parking lot and start down the road and Michael looked over at Calum.

"I promised her I'd be back with her. Please take me to the hospital and that's all I'm asking, then you can leave. I'm sorry you had to deal with this, but I need to be with her." He said and Calum sighed.

"It's fine. I'll take you." He said.

"Thank you so much Cal." He said and Calum just nodded and took Michael to the hospital.

A/N: so I had problems ending it but oh well. This story is coming to an end holy crap, but theres still a few chapters left so the story isn't over just yet. Please vote and comment. Thanks for all the support and 700 reads it's so amazing! I love you guys so so much!

-Xx E.J

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

13.9K 761 35
This is the story of a girl called Astrid, and it starts with a prophecy. A prophecy of a life that is not hers but one that will be forced upon her...
645 64 16
𝘚𝘦𝘲𝘢𝘦𝘭 𝘡𝘰 𝘚𝘦𝘀𝘳𝘦𝘡 𝘍𝘳π˜ͺ𝘦𝘯π˜₯ π˜”π˜ͺ𝘀𝘩𝘒𝘦𝘭 𝘒𝘯π˜₯ π˜“π˜Άπ˜¬π˜¦ 𝘒𝘳𝘦 𝘯𝘰𝘸 𝘒𝘯𝘨𝘦𝘭𝘴 π˜ͺ𝘯 𝘡𝘩𝘦 𝘒𝘧𝘡𝘦𝘳𝘭π˜ͺ𝘧𝘦, 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘒𝘳𝘦 οΏ½...
155 0 25
Aria Halley, a 20 year-old college girl, has been dreaming of having wings her whole life. One day she starts to put aside all the stress and meditat...
25.1K 569 42
"What's that?" The boy quickly brought his hand to the girl's cheek, softly brushing over the purple skin, determined to not hurt her. But she still...