Behind These Thick-Framed Gla...

By FlamingNovices

They say that people shouldn't judge a book by its cover. Its the same for humans. You shouldn't judge them f... More

:/Behind These Thick-Framed Glasses\: [Description]
:/Behind These Thick-Framed Glasses\: [Chapter 2]
:/Behind These Thick-Framed Glasses\: [Chapter 3-1]
:/ Behind These Thick-Framed Glasses\: [Chapter 3-2]
:/Behind These Thick-Framed Glassed\: [Chapter 4]

:/Behind These Thick-Framed Glassed\: [Chapter 1]

410 16 15
By FlamingNovices

Chapter 1

♬ Valerie Brooks 

'First day of school. A day I dreaded to come. I enjoyed my summer, sure, but this was senior year, a year that we were supposed to remember.'

Well, I ain't falling for that crap. School is just school. All you need to do is collect memories. High school isn't the end. There's college, real life.

Some teens think that high school is the time where everything is going to happen. They feel as if it's the time where it will decide your future. Other than picking the course you're taking for college, it's just a simple way of going with the flow.

Though I was treated like crap in school, I still lived my life to the fullest. Knowing high school wasn't the end.

I walked in the front doors of school. Dreading what was coming. I hugged my books tighter to my chest and looked at the floor. My thick-framed glasses sliding down a bit.

A few more months Valerie.

"Oh look guys! It's nerdy! The loser!" Haley, the head cheerleader who had stereotype dyed blonde hair, shouted to her fellow cheerleaders, who all were leaning on lockers. They looked like a bunch of fools. As expected, they started to push me. I hugged my books tighter. It was a miracle that they hadn't fallen off yet.

Well..

I spoke too soon.

Boom.

The sound of books falling echoed through the corridors.

"Haley! Enough!" A gruff voice said from across the hallway.

I stared at the books.

"But Cody!" Haley whined.

Annoying, whiney, creepy bit-

"Hey, are you okay?" The gruff voice said, making me jump.

I looked up to see a pair of light green eyes.

I pushed up my glasses and nodded my head. Swallowing the lump in my throat. Why is Cody Jenkins, the captain of the football team, talking to a nerd like me?

What he did next surprised me -no, everyone- even more.

He kneeled down and picked up my books. My jaw hit the floor. I probably looked like a fool staring at my books, then staring at the Cody Jenkins pick them up. Oh, and let's not forget that my mouth was open ajar.

He stood up. My icy blue eyes followed him. He gave me a cute impish grin and handed me my books.

"T-thank you," I stuttered. My honey blonde locks covering my face.

"You're welcome," he whispered.

I walked by him, hearing Haley whine about why he helped me, and asking him to go to her house later.

"Haley, how many times do I have to tell you, we are over."

I snickered. Serves her right.

I turned left and saw my best friend leaning on my locker. Arms crossed and a leg raised to lean on the lockers.

"Nikki?" I called.

Her head popped up. A smile creeping on to her petite face.

Nikki had straight black hair, big doe eyes, that were gray. She had a sharp nose. Her face looked like a pixie who was adorable.

"VAL!!!!" she shouted, running towards me in full speed.

My eyes widened. Every first day of school she does this. I should have known.

She flung herself at me. Making me stumble back and drop my books. Again.

I sighed, "Hello Nikki."

She pulled back, tears filling her eyes.

She hiccuped, "you're not happy to see me?"

"No! Nikki, I am very happy! Um... I was just-"

Then she burst out laughing.

Right. She was head of the drama club.

"God! I got you good Valie!" She said, tears of joy now filling her eyes. She clutched her stomach and bent down.

"Ugh, why am I even friends with you," I muttered as I picked up my books.

"Um, maybe because you love me? And I was there for you all this time. Oh! And also when you fell flat on your face in front of your junior high crush, umm, what was his name again? Oh! John Harper!"

"I told you never to bring that up again!" I said.

"Ahah, I know."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

☁ Cody Jenkins 

"Come on Cody! We'll be late for practice!" My best friend, Trent, called me.

I sighed, "yes, yes. I'm coming."

I grabbed my bag and walked to the gym. My buddies were waiting for me there and they wore huge smiles.

The coach blew the whistle and told us to do twenty-five rounds of jogging around the field, the the suicide drill for the beginning of training.

-1 hour later-

After coach got everyone on their knees, gasping for air, he finally said training was over.

I yelled, "Freedom!!" and raised my hands up and ran to the showers.

••••

"Dude, did you really help that nerd pick her stuff up? Did you also stick up for her? Codes, that is a first from you man," Trent declared.

"So? She's a girl, she's supposed to be treated with respect. At least she isn't like the girls who throw themselves at us. I actually enjoyed her shyness. It was... Cute," I said.

The guys around me all burst out laughing.

"Valerie? Cute? Since when did a nerd become cute?!" Peter, my other friend asked me.

I shook my head, faking it. I said, "You're right. I didn't know what happened. I pitied her, I mean, this is senior year right? She spent her whole high school as a nerd."

Lies.

I didn't pity her. I actually envied her. I wanted to feel how to be a nerd.

I was honestly bored with high school. The cheerleaders who were always throwing themselves at me, was kind of cheap looking. Annoying actually.

I want to be someone who I really am. For at least one day. To know the feeling of being a complete opposite from the Cody Jenkins everyone expects me to be.

I hated the way the popular people treated the 'nerds'. It was unfair. As if we were the kings if everything.

I wanted to change my senior year.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

 Valerie Brooks 

-meanwhile-

School was finally over. I walked with Nikki home. Luckily, We lived in the same street. We rarely didn't go to school together, like today, because she had to do something.

"So, it's senior year..." She started.

"And?" I asked.

"Come on Valerie! Make it memorable!"

"Okay, how?" I looked at her skeptically.

"I don't know date a jock, kiss a girl," she stated

Eew.

"Hell no woman.. Wait, are you... A homosexual?!" I asked.

"NO!" She shouted making everyone in the street look at her.

"Keep your voice down, it's embarrassing to be with you," I said.

"You still love me anyway," she stated.

"You are homo!" I accused.

"Freaking loser," she muttered.

I slapped her arm. "It is not my fault you have crushes on women," I said.

"You are so weird," she said.

"I thought you knew me by now."

•••••••

The next morning was normal. I had my breakfast then I met with Nikki for us to go to school.

"VALERIE!" She shouted. Her bubbly personality now taking it to a whole new level.

"What? What?!" I asked, looking around.

She stopped in front of me, grinning widely.

Oh no.

"What did you do?!" I asked.

"Uh... It was for you?" She looked at me innocently.

"Well, I don't think it's going to be good. You are always up to something," I said.

"But it's for you!" She whined.

"Ughh just get it over with. What is it?" I asked her, as I dragged her to walk with me to school.

"Well, I was looking at my mother's brochures in her office. And I saw one that is perfect for you. It'll make your senior year memorable!"

"Look, I don't care what happens in my senior year! I just want to finish it!"

"But look!" She said, pulling out the brochure from her bag.

She handed it to me. I took it reluctantly. I rolled my eyes then looked at it.

My eyes widened at what I saw.

"A Speed Dating service?!"

~*~*~*~**~*~*~**~*~*~*~*

☁ Cody Jenkins 

The next day started as a usual day. I woke up, ate breakfast, and drove my baby - a 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera- to school.

I went by my locker to see Haley leaning on it. Great.

"Cody!" she squealed as she ran to me.

She engulfed me in a hug. Rubbing her...uh.. Assets on my chest.

She was wearing her cheerleading uniform. That showed her curves. Not that I cared. I'm a guy. Deal with it.

She whispered in my ear, "there's a party later. Come with me."

It was more of a statement than a question.

"I don't know Haley. I have to pick up my father from office and my little sister. It's also a school night."

An arm slung around my shoulder, making Haley let go of me and started pouting.

"C'mon Codes. Live a little. Where's the bad ass version of you these last three years?"

"He's gone Trent," I said, as I rolled my eyes.

"No. We, just have to trigger it again," he smiled mischievously.

"Yes! Come on Cody! It will be fun!" Haley whined.

So damn annoying.

"I'll check. But I'm not sure," I sighed, rubbing my face with my hands.

"YES!"

••••••

"Cody please pick-,"

"-Up your little sister from the dance studio then pick up your father from the office. Yes mom I know," I said, imitating her high-pitched voice as I held the phone to my ear while driving.

"Hey I do not sound like that. But, good Cody! Who's a good boy? You are!" she praised.

"I am hanging up now. Bye," I said.

I hung up the phone. Driving to my sister's dance studio. I parked my car and headed for the entrance.

"Hey Ms. Dawson. I'm here to pick up my lil' sis," I greeted.

Andrea Dawson. My sister's instructor. She's twenty years old and has a body of a goddess. Her blonde hair tied up in a ponytail and her green eyes were hidden behind a pair of shades.

"Hello Cody, how's it going?" She grinned.

"My day got better after seeing you," I flirted, smirking.

"Really? My day got better too," she grinned wider.

"If you want, we could, I don't know. Go out for some movies. What do you say?" I asked.

"I'd love to, but I've got a boyfriend," she laughed, as I pretended to pout.

"Codes?" a voice called.

I whipped my head to see my little sister waiting for me. A bag slung on her shoulder.

I grinned, "Hey Lily."

She walked towards me. Having the same light brown hair and green eyes as me. She looked like my mother though.

I hugged her and kissed her forehead. My little thirteen year old sister.

I got her bad and held her hand. We walked towards my car. Not before Andrea called me.

"Hey Cody!"

I looked back. She was holding a brochure.

"You're single right?"

I nodded my head.

"Try this. It's my friend's event. She organized it. It's free. It's for eighteen to twenty- two year olds," she smiled.

I looked at it. Then looked back at her.

"A speed dating event?" I smiled.

"Yep," she confirmed.

"I'll be sure to try it," I said. Thanking her.

This just might spice everything in my senior year.

Perfect.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N: hey guys! Agnes speaking! So here's the first chappie!!!:)) *squeals* anyway, I hope you guys enjoy it!

**constructive criticism is encouraged. I WILL APPRECIATE IT VERY MUCH. Yay.

-dedicated to Hey_a202. For commenting first and indirectly pushing me to finish writing this chapter. So Thank you! :) - 

Thanks guys!!

VOTE! COMMENT! Follow us!!

LOVE ME. ❤ Cassadee

Continue Reading