forte [r.lupin]

By 384stan

"loud or loudly; to preform or written to be preformed loudly" falling for him was like sitting amidst an orc... More

piano
mezzo piano
mezzo forte
forte
fortissimo
authors note

pianissimo

44.4K 1K 2.6K
By 384stan

its very important that you know that "surround you" by ecosmith is literally the song for this 6 part story. also please enjoy it. it's such as good love song.

     Hogwarts was bustling with the sound of the new year. Students laughed and rushed past each other to go to the Great Hall for breakfast. There was a familiarity of being home through the corridors and in the faces of each student. Excitement filled their features. The Great Hall was the center of activity as the teachers spoke to each other with bemused expressions. The new year had brought smile to the strictest of teachers.

     The Hufflepuffs sat at the farthest table on the right. Bright yellow and the deep black as they stuffed food on their plates happily, and the cheery dispositions on their faces matched the bright sunlight pouring through the windows. Ravenclaws had noses in books, and their welcoming smiles made the first years feel - well - welcome. The Slytherins on the far left even seemed to be enjoying themselves, and even the darkest hearts enjoyed seeing their friends again. Lastly, just to the Slytherins' right, sat the Gryffindors. The scarlet and gold emblem reflected on every members' chest. At the end of the table, as far away from the head table as possible, five friends grinned at each other whenever they spoke to one another.

     Four boys and one girl. The faces of the infamous marauders. Their sixth year was rolling in fast, and they were all excited to be in each others presence again. The tallest one ruffled his messy hair and smirked to the girl across the table. His hazel eyes were bright behind his round rimmed glasses, and the laughter that escaped his mouth was loud and booming. His name was James Potter, and he was known for his personality and the pranks he played. His personality was as warm as the butterbeer he loved to drink, and no one had even an ounce of the compassion and bravery he had.

     Next to him, sat his best friend. The boy had chin length black hair that stood against his pale, striking features. He had a strong jaw, dark eyes, and plump lips. His features were well known by the female population of the school as was his way with words. The flirty, charismatic young man was Sirius Black. His favorite pastime was seeing how many times he could make someone arch their back solely from the touch of his fingers.

     Across from him was a mousy brunette whose features were plain. He, himself, was plain as well. He followed the rest of the group around like a shadow, and only seemed to follow them because of their popularity. He was Peter Pettigrew, and he was absolutely squeamish.

     To his right was a quiet, tall male with the face that held too many secrets. His shoulders slumped slightly, but he had a good natured air around him. His brown hair fell in his eyes as he glanced at James. His name was Remus Lupin; he was the smartest, most responsible, and most thoughtful of the group. Remus spent cold nights buried into his work by the fire, and no one really knew why he dissappeared every month (no one can really be that sick).

     Last but not least, to the right of Remus sat the only girl in the group. Her blonde hair was tied into a braided bun at the base of her neck, and her wand was placed on her ear like one would hold a pencil. Her coffee eyes danced as she told joke after joke to James Potter, and she laughed along with him after every one. She was Feyre Thompson. She never seemed to stop bringing joy in her wake. The other boys had taken her under their wings soon after their first year had begun. She - in her own words- was basically a mom to the lot.

     The marauders bustled about as they shoved food into their mouths. Their sleepy eyes were drooping from the night before of escaping onto a secluded area of the grounds for a few moments to enjoy being near each other again.

     "Alright, kids, we're back. That means a party needs to be happening as soon as possible. I need to get high. James's house is lovely, but Mrs. Potter can smell even the lightest puff of anything," Sirius groaned around his piece of bacon, "At least she's not bad on the eyes."

     A swat from his right made it's way from James's hand to Sirius's arm. Feyre chuckled, "Settle down, lovebirds. I say a Friday. Room of Requirement. I'll get the elves to make food."

      Remus bobbed his head in agreement, "Peter and I can get sweets from Honeydukes' cellar and sneak a few bottles of firewhiskey in from Aberforth." Peter squeaked from his left.

     James coughed, "Okay. Sirius and I can get some decorations going. Get some music."

      The plan was in motion, and soon Professor McGonagall was making her way down the table with their timetables in hand. She rolled her eyes fondly as she reached them when she saw Sirius with a piece of bacon sticking out of his mouth. Feyre and Remus's timetables were filled with Charms, Transfiguration, Defense Against the Dark Arts, Transfiguration, Herbology and Potions. Yet where Remus was interested and keen on taking Ancient Runes, Feyre chose her beloved Arithmancy. James and Sirius joined them in their classes besides the "lamest classes at this school". Peter was not enrolled into Transfiguration, but was free to join the others in the other classes.

      Feyre and Remus walked to their first periods - Arithmancy and Ancient Runes - while the others mucked about in their free period. They walked quietly together through crowds of students and down corridors. Feyre's stop was first, and she smiled at Remus as he turned to leave. She watched him go, the soft strides he took with his head slightly bowed. Her lips fluttered into a bemused smile, and her cheeks flooded pink.

     By the time the marauders rejoined for their second class of the day - Potions with Slughorn - Feyre was happily humming softly amongst her friends.

     "Somebody's put some tonic in her corn flakes," James muttered to Remus.

     "I've never seen her this cheery," Sirius said, "what do you think they teach in Arithmancy?"

     "Maybe it's really sex ed, like they teach in muggle schools. Have her cheeks ever been that pink?" James responded.

     "Oh, please, like our little, innocent Feyre would be anywhere near anything about sex. She's only ever kissed a guy on a dare."

     "If you two don't shut it, a hex may or may not head your way," Feyre hissed in response and bubbling laughter spilled from Remus's lips. Her cheeks heated again. God I love that sound.

      "I think we were right James. Look at her. Positively embarrassed. Poor thing has seen and heard too much," Sirius feigned a look of horror.

     Feyre's wand was free from her ear, and the tip sat against Sirius's throat. A curse sat on the tip of her tongue, but the professor came in with his usual red, cheery face.

     "Welcome back. Welcome back, my dear students!" He beamed out at them before clasping his hands together excitedly, "As N.E.W.T. students, I know you all understand what I expect from you. We will dig in immediately with the learning! Today we will be splitting off into partners and beginning our work on an advanced potion of your choice!"

     He paused and looked around, "I'll read off your names and your partners. I expect you both to join each other at a station and wait for further instruction."

     Feyre soon stood beside a bubbly James, Remus with the lovely Lily at his side, Sirius with some brunette boy, and Peter with Marlene McKinnon.

     James's hands drummed on the table before them as Slughorn began to explain that he would let them choose between brewing the Draught of Living Death or Amortentia for today's lesson. The majority of the class consisted of head-strung teenage girls who seemed to think a love potion was the best idea.

     Feyre did most of the assignment for she feared James would mess it up. Soon the liquid was a soft pearl white, and spiraling steam made it's way to their faces. James looked drunk on the scents coming from the potion, but Feyre was befuddled over hers. Forest. Books. Home. Chocolate. Her eyes closed as she breathed in again.

     "Well done! Seems most of you got the hang of it rather quickly. You are dismissed! See you next class."

     The group of friends stumbled out of their class and made their way toward the staircases that led to their dormitory. Free period beckoned them to the confines of the cozy chairs in the common room. Their laughter echoed around them as each listed off the ingredients they smelled from their cauldrons.

     "Alright, get a load of this," Sirius began, "The smell after it rains, pumpkin pasties, cigarettes, and gingerbread. What the hell? Am I looking for a girl who bakes and smokes?"

     "More like is baked." James chortled before listing his, "Well, let's see, we got the smell of home, the Quidditch Pitch grass, Lily's perfume, and apple pie."

     Feyre groaned, "'Course Lily was in there somehow. Beat this, the forest, books, my house - the baking my mum does fills the house I swear - and chocolate. Why is it so damn mixed up?"

     Everyone but James laughed, and his gaze fell upon Feyre hard. His eyes searched hers as if he was reading her thoughts. She cast her eyes down in confusion. Had it been that weird?

     "I had chocolate too," Remus said beside her as they waited for a staircase to change, "I also got jasmine, the library, and hamburger."

     "Well, Moony, you always have been a fan of meat," Sirius laughed with a soft shove at the brunette boy. "Raw, right?"

     Peter was listing off his as they approached the common room, and James was close to Feyre's side. "Chocolate?" he muttered in question to her. "Could you been more obvious?"

     "To what?" she replied with the same befuddled expression as when she had first smelled the potion.

     "You like Moony," James said like one would say that the sky was blue.

°°°

      After James's statement, it was as if Feyre's mind had switched on. As if everything she had thought was wrong in an instant, and all that should concern her was Remus. Feyre Lupin. Mr and Mrs Remus Lupin. Remus.

     Her eyes were brighter now, and all she thought of was ways to make him realize. Ways to get him to like her too. She pulled the best jokes, she laughed at all the ones he said, and she even saved her chocolate frogs for him! How dare he not look at her as more than a friend.

     The time that she didn't spend worrying over Remus or participating in class, she was with James. They both loved to complain to one another over their unrequited love.

     "At least she knows I love her!" James protested to Feyre when she claimed he was chasing something that wouldn't happen.

     "I've only realized I liked him two days ago! It's been driving me mad," she commented as she stood up and crossed her arms, "I have homework to do."

      She left, despite James's protests, with her bag in hand to go to the library. She entered the room, and she immediately noticed a fellow Gryffindor sitting at one of the tables to the right. Her eyes wondered over to him. How could she not have noticed him? His sharp jaw and his honey colored hair attracted her toward him every single time. She made her way over to him with her bag hanging limply from her hand.

     "Hey Moony," she muttered as she sat across from him.

     He looked up in surprise before his face relaxed at the sight of her, "Greetings, Feyre."

     Her throat tightened at the sound of his voice wrapping around her name, but she forced out a soft chuckle, "Greetings? Who are you? Slughorn?"

     Remus smiled and winked. He winked holy shit. Feyre pulled out her belongings and her quill paused over her piece of parchment, "Hey, Remus, James and I were talking..."

     He looked up at her. Their eyes locked and her sentence died in her throat, so he began to speak, "Yeah. I've noticed you two sneaking off to talk recently."

     Feyre chuckled, "Oh please. James? Like I would let him get his hands anywhere that wasn't platonic."

     "Platonic? Who are you? McGonagall?"

     A giggle slipped past both of their lips, and Feyre pushed to finish her previous statement. "Anyway, I know who he likes, I know who Sirius has in a broom closet today, and I even know that Peter likes some Hufflepuff. You, however, are who I draw a blank at. You are a sixteen year old guy, you have to like someone."

     She crossed her fingers under the table and held her breath as he responded, "Sorry to disappoint Hops, but I don't think I deserve nor have the time for a crush."

     Why did my animagus have to be a damn bunny? Hops? I hate the lot re- Feyre! Focus! She cringed as his answer hit her. Hard.

     "What do you mean you don't deserve a crush? Remus! You deserve everything good. After what you've been through," she looked at him, her eyes searching as his expression became stormy.

     "Stop it, Feyre. I don't deserve anything. I'm a monster. I know that. Don't remind me that I can't even kiss a girl without the possibility of her hating what I am," he hissed as he collected his things and got up in a flurry of anger.

     He deserted the library while Fey's eyes filled with the sudden rush of tears, "Remus. I-I didn't mean..."

     It was too late.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.2K 322 74
To fall in love is like to fall in the ocean without knowing how to swim. It made you scared, beyond terrified. You couldn't help but try to resist...
68.5K 2.1K 9
***COMPLETED*** Hey y'all! This is my very first fic, so I figured, why not make it about the sweetest little bean Remus? Basically the reader is a n...
868 117 39
Okay, this is the second year, second part to the first bit I posted here. If you wanna read it all at once, it's on ao3, over here, Ill do it in par...
1.1K 46 9
❛Y-You know?❜ He stammered, eyes wide, as if he expected me to pull a pitchfork out of my back pocket. ❛Uh-huh.❜ ❛And you're not... you're not scared...