Secrets [In edit]

Por cementedwords

Penny Lane Velasquez has told her best friend of two years, Tom Parker, almost everything. But when one of hi... Más

Secrets - one (Penny)
Secrets - two (Penny)
Secrets - three (Penny)
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Secrets - four (Penny)
Secrets - five (Penny)
Secrets - six (Penny)
Secrets - seven (Penny)
Secrets - soundtrack*
Secrets - eight (Nathan / Jay)
Secrets - nine (Jay / Penny)
Secrets - ten (Haley)
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Secrets - eleven (Tom)
Secrets - twelve (P/N/J/T)
Secrets - thirteen (H/N/T/P)
Secrets - fourteen (Penny/Nathan)
Secrets - fifteen (P&T/H&N)
Secrets - sixteen (TW/Haley/Penny)
Secrets - seventeen (Nathan/Haley)
Secrets - eighteen (Penny & TW)
Secrets - nineteen (N/J/P/E)
Secrets - twenty (Penny/Erin)
Secrets - twenty-two (Penny)
Secrets - twenty-three (Haley/Penny)
AUTHOR'S NOTE
Secrets - twenty-four (Penny)
AUTHOR'S NOTE

Secrets - twenty-one (Haley)

100 3 0
Por cementedwords

NOTE: Meant to update this a few hours ago but movies and Catching Fire trailer happen. Aaaaaahhhh.

Anywho, hope you like this one. :)

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE

If there's a dark side to you I haven't seen it

Every good thing you do feels like you mean it

--I Could Get Used To This--The Veronicas

It was a boring afternoon at the KV Bookstore, not to mention warm. Haley fanned herself with her hand occasionally while standing behind the counter. It was a slow day today, since most college students had left home for the summer, and that included Nikki, Franny, and Ashley. Her ex-roommate, Ellie and future roommate, Alice, however, were still in town. They paid her a visit during the middle of her shift.

Haley made the two of them small raspberry smoothies to keep them cool. Both of them were chatty about their finals. Haley joined in the conversation sometimes, but she was always in a daydream, thinking about Nathan.

The kiss they shared last night is still fresh on her mind. She wanted to kiss him again. If he walked through that door right now, she’d kiss him in front of everyone.

Not in front of her best friend, though…

“Hales? What’s in that head of yours?” Ellie poked her nose. Ellie was a pretty girl, same height as Haley. She had curly brown hair and light blue eyes. Many people thought she and Haley were sisters, but they do act like they’re related; most of the time, they’re inseparable.

“Finath—” Haley stood up straight, a little tongue-tied after dazing off. “Finals…I hope I did okay in the math one.”

“You said that already…” Alice squint her eyes. “Are you sure you’re alright?”

Haley chuckled at the two of them. “Me? I’m…I’m…”

The sliding entrance doors slid open, and Haley’s brief imagination of Nathan walking in came true—he walked into the store with Tom and Max behind him. Her cheeks began to burn up.

“Hales, what—” Alice turned back to the entrance and let out a light squeak. She looked back to Haley and Ellie with her eyes widened. “What—are—”

“Excuse me for a moment.” Haley chuckled nervously as she left the counter and walked over to the three lost boys. “Afternoon guys…can I help you with anything?”

The three of them briefly glanced to the café, where Haley’s friends were sitting, watching them like a hawk. They exchanged looks of signals that Haley knew of. Whatever they were planning, she had to play along.

“Penny can’t make it today, as she’s…ill.” Tom told her slowly. “So she…erm…asked Max and I to take over her shift, if that’s alright.”

“Of course it’s alright!” Kelly came over through the back with her arms open wide. She greeted the three boys with a hugs and kisses on the cheeks. “I’ll stop by her apartment later to see how she is.”

“Wicked! Come on, mate.” Tom slapped Max’s shoulder and started to walk to the café, but Max stood there, seemingly surprised by something. “…Max?”

Haley bit her lip. She knew why Max was acting that way. It was relating to that conversation they were about to have before Penny caught them and when Max decided to mention Nathan…

“I’m not sure we should do this here, Max,” Haley said worriedly as they walk down an aisle of books.

“Nath wouldn’t mind, trust me.” Max whispered.

“Don’t even…”

“Aw, come on, love! Why can’t you just talk to him? He’s just as easy to talk to as you with me.” He reasoned.

“So many reasons, Max! There are so many. But I really don’t think we should discuss—”

Haley caught sight of Penny. She closed her binder and turned her body facing them. “Well hey, what a nice pairing you two make.”

They haven’t talked about it since then, but now…

“I know that girl.” Max announced, eyeing Ellie. Haley noticed Ellie’s back was facing them now.

“Oh really? Who is she?” Nathan asked. He walked around Kelly to stand near Haley. She knew what he wanted, and she wanted it, too. But at the moment, they had to be cautious.

“My—roommate.” Haley replied after Max didn’t reply for a moment. She wasn’t sure if it was okay for her to say it aloud. “…Ellie.”

Flashback--Sunday evening after the first encounter with The Wanted at KV’s

Haley had just come back to her dorm from studying over at Penny’s apartment. It was partly a failure, since she anticipated that Penny’s special friends were coming over.

Of course, they never showed up. The whole night consisted of pretending to study and wasting Haley time freaking out over something that never happened. She was disappointed in herself. She remembered that one thought she had, not to lose herself over her idols, especially when one of them is dating a friend of hers. She should stick to that.

Her roommate, Ellie was usually up at this hour, so she’d expect her to be at the library. She flipped the switch and let the light illuminate the room.

And then she screamed.

Ellie was in bed with a guy, and they were really quiet about it. That guy looked awfully familiar, too.

“Oh, God, Hales. I—” Ellie had her covers over both of them. Haley recognized the guy—bald head, big gray eyes, and that bit of scruff on his face. His tight chest was very revealing. It was Max. From. The Wanted.

“I-I should…” Max looked at the two carefully back and forth. “I’m, uh…”

“I’ll be out in the hall.” Haley avoided their eyes and quickly left the room. Ellie…and Max? How did this even happen?

She wasn’t even five seconds to the common room, when Max came after her. “H-Hey…Haley?”

He remembered her name! That made Haley smile; she was still reluctant to turn around for him, though. He went around her, and his shirt was unbuttoned, still revealing his chest. He was almost dressed, with those jeans on.

“I…I don’t think I’m allowed in, anyway…I have to go.” Max was watchful around the empty hall. “I’ll see ya around? I’ll give Nath your love.”

“Wha—” He gave her a peck on the cheek and dashed down the steps of the stairs. Haley’s cheeks rose the color of reddish pink. She turned back to her dorm, where Ellie was sitting on the bed, now in her robe.

Ellie folded her arms and avoided Haley’s confused gaze. “…I know what you’re thinking. I’ve just been stressed with finals. So I went to The Galaxy and found him…” She started to giggle. “He’s such a flirt, I couldn’t resist. His accent, oh, my God—”

“Do you not—realize who that was?” Haley said, still trying to form words.

“Um, was I…supposed to?” Ellie furrowed her brows.

“That was Max George from The Wanted…” Haley was trying to control herself, but she couldn’t help but be a little frantic. “You…you just slept with Max George.”

“What…I…are you…are you serious?”

Haley plopped on her bed and nodded. She watched Ellie’s reaction change from revelation to amusement. She began to laugh, and continued laughing for a few minutes.

“Well…shame I won’t get to see that hot lad anymore…I highly doubt I will anyway. It was just a one night thing…”

For the rest of the night, Ellie continued to mention how great Max was. It was awkward for Haley to hear, especially since Max was in a band she love. For the next few days, Max was all Ellie spoke about. The funny thing, though, whenever Haley was with her groupie friends, she’d forget that Max and Ellie happened, because of Nathan…

~

Wednesday afternoon, before Penny caught Haley and Max together

“You know that roommate of yours, love?” Max asked Haley the moment she got on break from the cafe.

“Who, Ellie?” Haley walked with him through the bookshelves. She shuddered at the memory of that evening.

“Yeah, she was a top girl. I sort of can’t stop thinking about her…”

“Can’t stop thinking of who, Maxxy?” Jay came over to them with a grin. Max stayed mum. “Say, Haley…do you think you have a copy of Wizard’s First Rule by Terry Goodkind? My special copy’s at home in England, so…”

“You can maybe check out the Sci-Fi section; they’re all in alphabetical order.”

“Thank you!” Jay kissed her cheek, pinched Max’s upper arm, and left. Haley was left blushing.

“Think we can speak of this somewhere in private?” Max pleaded. Haley noticed how slightly desperate this guy was. She thought it was cute.

“Sure…” They walked further into the bookshelves, but little did they know that Penny was near, and that she’ll interrupt their private conversation.

PRESENT DAY

“You, you what?” Tom said aloud with a chuckle. “It’s a small world after all.”

“Mate, pipe down! I have to figure out how to approach her.” Max said quietly.

“I guess I’ll have to go over and teach you guys the ropes.” Haley said to Tom and Max. She looked to Nathan, who was with Kelly; they were exchanging whispers. “…Shall we go?”

“Ten minute break, Haley.” Kelly suddenly told her. “This man wants a word.”

Kelly turned to Nathan, who was already behind the bookshelf near the cashier desk. Haley turned to her friends, who were both whispering excitedly to each other, and glancing back at her at times. She turned to Max and Tom, who both gestured her to follow Nathan.

“I’ll be fine.” Max nodded.

Haley watched the three of them head to the café. She looked back once more to see her friends now with their attention over Max and Tom. This was such a great diversion.

“Nathan?” She went further behind the bookshelf, where Nathan was holding a bright peach colored paperback book.

“I hope that I’m not late…” He placed the book back in the shelf.

She smiled at the Peaches reference. She couldn’t believe he read that book because of her. For her. “You…you finished the book.”

“It was a good one. Is there a sequel?”

Haley giggled. “Yes, yes there is.”

“What about…what’s that name for those two…Nathan and…Haley, is it? What of them?” Haley’s eyes widened slightly as Nathan moved closer, “Is there a next chapter for them?”

Haley gulped and whispered, watching him wrap his arm around her. “You tell me…”

They shared a soft kiss, with Haley breaking it with a little smirk. She leaned on the side to peek at the café, and felt Nathan’s nose tickle her neck.

“Nathan!” She squealed quietly. His hands were on either side of her body; this was something to get used to.

He stood against the bookshelf, also keeping an eye on the café. “They’re taken care of, trust me. Come on. We’ve only got eight minutes left.”

“Don’t remind me.” Haley frowned, leaning against him. “Will you still be around after my shift?”

“We’re not leaving until tomorrow morning anyway. Flight’s delayed until then. Plus, it gives Penny and the lads to deal with their hangovers from last night.”

“Penny…hung over?”

Nathan let out a snigger, covered his mouth with his fist, and cleared his throat. “I heard it was messy.”

“We should see to Penny after, then.” Haley smiled, but she couldn’t stop thinking about her friends at the café. She chewed on her bottom lip.

“What’s on your mind, Hales?” He moved a few loose strands on the side of her face and stroked her cheek softly.

She took in a deep breath. If she was with Nathan, she didn’t want to keep it a secret to her very best friend for so long. It would kill her. She exhaled, “I’m gonna tell Alice we’re dating.”

Nathan raised his eyebrows. “…Are you sure?”

“She’s my best friend, Nath. She’s kept my secrets, and I’ve kept hers. I’m sure she’ll keep this one.”

“Alright, if you insist. I’m with you.” He kissed her forehead and pulled her in a hug. Haley closed her eyes for a brief moment. She then heard him say, “Five more minutes.”

“Ugh, Nathan…” She pushed him playfully and started walking back to the café. She heard the sound of Nathan’s cute laugh behind her. Her heart melted.

“You’re sweet, Max, but I seriously don’t remember you.” Ellie said to Max as Haley returned to the counter. Tom was keeping Alice company, telling her jokes that aren’t funny. Alice laughed at them anyway.

“Are you really going to play that game, love?” Max asked her.

Haley watched Ellie stiffen in her seat. Ellie was denying it; she couldn’t stop talking about Max after that night, too. She went over to the table where Alice and Tom sat. “Thanks for taking over, Kelly! I’m back from my break now.” She announced. Kelly patted her on the back and left the café, greeting Nathan, who was still on his way.

“Where’s Nathan? I haven’t seen him yet. I thought I saw him.” Alice looked around the room. Tom looked at Haley and shook his head. She knew he meant that he couldn’t stand sitting with her for more than five minutes. She chuckled.

“He’s with—” Haley cut herself off; she realized how unprepared she was by just standing in front of Alice.

“Have you finally met him? I know Franny kept hogging him, which was annoying. It’s funny though…” Alice giggled at her thought out loud. “Nathan always seems so cheerful whenever we mention you. Like he knew who you were, like he already had a major crush on you…”

Nathan finally came over and took Haley’s hand while Alice continued to talk. Tom slowly began to smile from watching Haley and Nathan standing together.

“Of course I couldn’t mention this to Nikki or Franny, because they’d think I’m crazy. I swear, though, Nathan will probably kiss you if he ever—oh, my God.” Alice realized what was before her and stopped talking. “Oh, my God, you’re…”

“No way!” Ellie said with a laugh.

“I-I didn’t want to make it a big deal, you know…” Haley began. “We’ve been hanging out for a while. Courtesy of…Penny.”

Alice was speechless. She looked at Ellie, who sat next to her with a huge grin on her face.

“Looks like you lot’s got much to catch up on.” Nathan said with a smile. “…I’m gonna go see where little Josie’s at.”

Tom stood up from his seat and joined Max behind the counter, organizing the spoon and forks and napkins. Haley sat with her friends, and sighed. “Before I tell you…can you both promise that you won’t speak of this to anyone else—and Alice, not even Franny or Nikki or Ashley?”

“Who the hell would I tell?” Ellie chuckled. She nudged Alice’s arm. “Alice?”

Alice was still quiet. She was seemingly still trying to process what just happened. Haley bit her lip nervously. “Alice?”

She broke from her daze from Ellie’s nudge. She shook herself and smiled sweetly. “Oh, I promise. Totally. Completely.”

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

111K 3.2K 27
(Don't have to be a fan of The Wanted or know anything about the band to read this) A Facade. That was what my life was. Same everyday normal life...
92.7K 1.1K 40
Maybe he wouldn't even recognise me; I mean, two years can be a long time. As he and his band mate made their way over to where we were sitting, th...
40K 335 20
Katrina Michelle gets a ticket from her mom to go to a The Wanted concert and a backstage pass. Well she goes to the concert, but never makes it back...
6.4K 80 21
Ashley is a girl that isn't into boybands but when her friend Alex drags her to a The Wanted concert she might just change her mind. Her past in boyf...