Return of the Stag :: Book On...

By siriuschaos_

What happens when James Potter, father of Harry Potter, has miraculously returned from the dead? When James... More

Chapter 1 - Awakened
Chapter 2 - Reunited at Last
Chapter 3 - The Dream
Chapter 4 - Meeting James
Chapter 5 - 1st Year
Chapter 6 - 2nd Year
Chapter 7 - 3rd Year
Chapter 8 - Snowball fight and Lunch
Chapter 10 - Christmas pt. 1
Chapter 11 - Christmas pt. 2
Chapter 12 - Christmas pt. 3 and return to Hogwarts
R.I.P. Alan Rickman
Chapter 13 - O.W.L's and Sirius
Chapter 14 - The Ministry pt. 1
Chapter 15 - The Ministry pt. 2
Chapter 16 - Safe for Now

Chapter 9 - 4th Year

13.8K 380 349
By siriuschaos_

EDITED

After lunch, everyone dispersed to do their things. James was sitting alone in the kitchen, staring at the fireplace. Sirius had just walked out of the room after explaining to James why Harry had to be the one to tell him about it. James sighed shaking his head. He got up walking up the stairs. He found Harry sitting with Ron and Hermione in one room. They were talking quietly. James stepped in, clearing his throat and making all three jump. "Harry? Can we talk?" He asked his son. Harry exchanged a look with Ron and Hermione before nodding and getting up to follow James. James and Harry walked to another room and sat down. "Harry, Sirius told me that last year was hard for you, but wouldn't tell me why," James said. Harry looked at James, before looking away. "Dad. I don't want to talk about it." Harry said not looking at James. "Harry, please. You're my son. I know that I should've been there last year, and all of your life." James said placing a hand on Harry's shoulder.

Harry looked back at James with uncertain eyes. Harry hesitated before speaking. "Last year, Hogwarts hosted the Triwizard tournament. Only students 17 years or older could enter." Harry explained. James looked confused. "Why is it so haunting to everyone? I mean, you only got to watch the tournament." James said. Harry shook his head and before he could answer footsteps were heard. "Harry? Mr Potter?" It was from Hermione. She was looking for them. When she entered the room, with Ron. "Hermione, Ron," Harry said. James smiled at Harry's friends. It was obvious how much the trio cared for each other. "You guys can call me James, Mr Potter makes me feel older and that's what people called my father." He said with a small frown. He remembered when his father and mother had died. He'd only been 19, and he remembered how his friends had been there for him but didn't know how to react to his emotional outbursts. "Harry, what were you saying about the tournament?" James asked. Harry looked at Hermione and Ron. Hermione nodded knowing that Harry should tell his father. "Someone put my name in and place a charm on the goblet. Instead of choosing three, it chose four. Two Hogwarts champions." Harry said. James was angry. No that's an understatement. He was furious. "YOU HAD TO COMPETE?! AND DUMBLEDORE DIDN'T STOP YOU?!" He yelled. Harry cringed knowing a reaction like this was coming. Sirius appeared in the doorway. "Why don't you show it to him, Harry?" Sirius said. "He has the right to know and it'll come out sooner or later." He said walking in with the pensive. Harry sighed before drawing the memory out and placing it in the pensive. He remembered how to do it because of Dumbledore last year having done it in front of him. Harry leaned forward again, taking a deep breath before letting himself fall into the horrors of his fourth year. James followed him and then Hermione and Ron. Then Sirius knowing James would need someone.

The memory started just at the end of the quidditch World Cup. Ron, Harry and Hermione were standing up with the other Weasley's in the booth, along with Cornelius Fudge, Lucius, Narcissa and Draco Malloy. Then there was a House-elf sitting at the end of the row, saving two seats. They watched the final seconds of the match, James and Sirius very into seeing it. "Bulgaria and Ireland. Two good teams, but Ireland's better." James said as he and Sirius voice their views on the two teams. They were quite shocked to see Krum catch the snitch, but yet have Ireland win. The scene changed to later the night and James' face went pale at the screams of terror and the sight of the muggles and deatheaters. "What the hell?!" He asks the trio. "We have no idea. We were woken in the middle of the night by it." Hermione answered quickly. Harry, Ron and Hermione were running through the forest after the twins and Ginny. Percy, Bill, Charlie and Arthur had run off to help the other ministry officials with the deatheaters. When Harry got separated from Ron and Hermione, James panicked especially when he passed out. Then the ministry officials came after Ron and Hermione had found Harry. They fired stunning spells, that the three managed to duck beneath. They were saved by Arthur who came and found them. "Thank god for Arthur," James said. James was mad at Crouch for thinking that Harry had conjured the Dark Mark. For lord sake, he's fourteen. "How dare he accuse you! If I ever-" he was cut off by Harry. "Dad. He's dead. His son killed him." Harry said. James stopped telling and watched the memory.

We see four flying horses flying through the air pulling a carriage

coming in to land at Hogwarts. The crowds' cheer.

HAGRID

Clear the runway.

HARRY

Well, there's something you don't see every day.

A large ship emerges from under the water and approaches too.

DUMBLEDORE

Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests

as well. You see Hogwarts has been chosen...

A man runs up the aisle limping comically, he whispers

something to Dumbledore and leaves in the same fashion.

DUMBLEDORE

So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school, a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint-hearted, but more of that later. For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime.

A group of girls dressed in blue dance up the aisle and release

butterflies into the air. They bow and everyone applauds.

STUDENT

Blimey, that's one big woman.

DUMBLEDORE

And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff.

A series of older boys walk up the aisle brandishing bo staffs,

twirling them around and periodically stabbing them into the ground with a spark effect.

RON

Blimey, it's him, Viktor Krum!

The boys breathe some fire.

IGOR

Albus!

DUMBLEDORE

Igor.

They embrace.

MADAME MAXIME

Professor Dumbledore, my horses have travelled a long way. They will need attending to.

DUMBLEDORE

Not to worry Madame Maxime, our gamekeeper Hagrid's more than capable of seeing to them.

MADAME MAXIME

But you know Monsieur Hagrid, they drink only single malt whiskey.

Professor Flitwick, who is seated next to Hagrid yelps. Hagrid has stabbed a fork into his hand.

DUMBLEDORE

Your attention, please! I would like

to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks.

FRED

Wicked.

DUMBLEDORE

For this reason, the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch.

Thunder roars overhead, rain begins leaking through the roof

and screams break out. A strange man stands in the doorway, he

casts some magic upwards and seals the roof. Peace is restored.

RON

Bloody hell, it's Mad-Eye Moody.

HERMIONE

Alastor Moody? The auror?

RON

He was a catcher. Half the cells in

Azkaban is full thanks to him. He's supposed to be mad as a hatter though these days. This character enters the room and begins walking. We see Harry through his mechanical eye. He limps, breathing heavily as he goes.

DUMBLEDORE

My dear old friend, thanks for coming.

MAD-EYE

That stupid roof.

Mad-Eye takes a drink.

RON

What's that he's drinking do you suppose?

HARRY

I don't know but I don't think it's

Pumpkin Juice.

BARTY

After much deliberation, the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. This decision is final.

The crowd is unsettled, people are booing.

WEASLY TWINS

That's rubbish! You don't know what you're doing!!

DUMBLEDORE

Silence!

Dumbledore casts magic over a box which melds into a goblet containing

a blue flame.

DUMBLEDORE

The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely writes their name on a piece of parchment and throw it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the tri-wizard tournament has begun.

James watches everything, Sirius muttering things under his breath. Ron, Harry and Hermione all looked uneasy. It was like reliving something horrible that had happened, even though nothing had happened yet, they knew what was coming. The memory changed to a classroom.

MAD-EYE

Alastor Moody.

He writes his name on the board.

MAD-EYE

Ministry malcontent. And your new defence against the dark arts teacher. I'm here because Dumbledore asked me, end of

the story, goodbye, the end. Any questions? When it comes to the dark arts, I believe in a practical approach. But first, which of you can tell me how many unforgivable curses there are?

HERMIONE

Three, sir.

MAD-EYE

And they are so named?

HERMIONE

Because they are unforgivable. Use of any one of them will...

MAD-EYE

Will earn you a one-way ticket to Azkaban. Correct. Now the ministry says you're too young to see what these curses do. I say different! You need to know what you're up against, you need to be prepared.......you need to find somewhere else to put your chewing gum other than the underside of your desk Mr Finnigan!

SEAMUS FINNIGAN

Aw no way, the old bugger can see out the back of his head.

Mad-Eye throws the chalk at Seamus in anger.

MAD-EYE

So, which curse shall we see first?

WEASLEY!

RON

Yes...

MAD-EYE

Give us a curse.

RON

Well, my dad did tell me about one... The imperious curse.

MAD-EYE

Ahhh yes, your father would know all about that. Gave the ministry quite a bit of grief a few years ago. Perhaps this will show you why. Mad-Eye pops open a jar with a spider in it.

MAD-EYE

Hello. What a little beauty.

He uses his wand to send it around the class.

MAD-EYE

Don't worry. Completely harmless.

The class is unsettled.

MAD-EYE

But if she bites... she's lethal!

Draco laughs.

MAD-EYE

What are you laughing at?

Mad-Eye sends the spider onto Draco's face.

MAD-EYE

Talented isn't she? What shall I have her do next? Jump out the window? Drown herself?

Mad-Eye has the spider over a bucket of water, it's wriggling.

MAD-EYE

Scores of witches and wizards have claimed that they only did you-know-whose bidding under the influence of the imperious curse. But here's the rub, how do we sort out the liars? Another.. another.. Come on come on. Longbottom is it? Up.

Neville Longbottom stands.

MAD-EYE

Professor Sprout tells me you have an aptitude for herbology.

NEVILLE

There's the um... The cruciatus curse.

MAD-EYE

Correct! Correct! come come. Particularly nasty. The torture curse.

Mad-Eye begins torturing the spider with magic, it squeals.

HERMIONE

Stop it! Stop it! Can't you see it's bothering

him, stop it!

Mad-Eye stops. Neville is disturbed. Mad-Eye picks up the spider which is still making a noise.

MAD-EYE

Perhaps you could give us the last unforgivable curse Miss Granger.

Hermione shakes her head. He casts a spell and the spider disintegrates.

MAD-EYE

The killing curse. Only one person is known to have survived it. And he's sitting in this room.

He approaches Harry's desk and takes a drink.

James and Sirius both share the same expression of cool yet what the hell is moody playing at. "What is he thinking showing the unforgivable curses in front of a class of 14-year-olds!" Sirius finally says. The scene starts changing again and Harry speaks. "Dad, please don't flip out at this. I'm telling you I didn't put my name in. I don't want eternal glory." He says quickly. James nods not knowing exactly what Harry was on about.

DUMBLEDORE

Sit down, please. And now the moment you've all been waiting for, the selection of the champions!

Dumbledore approaches the blue flame and it glows red. A name

comes out. Everyone looks on anxiously.

DUMBLEDORE

The Durmstrang champion is ... Viktor Krum!

The Durmstrang crowd cheer. Another name comes out.

DUMBLEDORE

The champion from Beauxbatons... Fleur Delacour

The Beauxbatons girls cheer as Fleur walks up. Another name comes out.

DUMBLEDORE

The Hogwarts champion... Cedric Diggory. Hogwarts pupils cheer as Cedric takes the stage.

DUMBLEDORE

Excellent! we now have our three champions! But in the end, only one will go down in history. Only one will hoist this chalice of champions, this vessel of victory the tri-wizard cup!

People cheer, but the goblet glows red once more and another

name flies out. Dumbledore takes it and reads...

DUMBLEDORE

Harry Potter. Harry Potter?

HAGRID

No... No.

DUMBLEDORE

Harry Potter!

HERMIONE

Go on Harry. Harry for goodness sake.

Harry slowly walks up. Dumbledore gives him the paper. Voices in the crowd shout out.

VOICES

He's a cheat! He's not even seventeen yet!

Harry is in a room with the other champions. Dumbledore bursts

in and grabs Harry.

DUMBLEDORE

Harry! Did you put your name in the goblet of fire?

HARRY

No sir.

DUMBLEDORE

Did you ask one of the older students to do it for you?

HARRY

No sir.

DUMBLEDORE

You're sure?

HARRY

Yes, sir.

MADAME MAXIME

Well, of course, he is lying.

MAD-EYE

The hell he is. The goblet of fire is

an exceptionally powerful magical object, only an exceptionally powerful conjurer could have hoodwinked it. Magic way

beyond the talents of a fourth year.

IGOR

You seem to have given this a fair bit of thought Mad-Eye.

MAD-EYE

It was once my job to think as dark wizards do Karkaroff perhaps you remember?

DUMBLEDORE

That doesn't help Alastor. Leave this to Barty.

BARTY

The rules are absolute, the goblet of fire constitutes a binding magical contract. Mr Potter has no choice, he is as of tonight... a tri-wizards champion.

James watched as the scene changed to a broom cupboard. "What the-" he was cut off by the memory. "......Speaking of your parents, were they alive, how do you think they'd feel? proud? or concerned that your attitude shows at best a pathological need for attention, at worst a psychotic deathwish?" Says the voice. Harry was trying not to laugh at James' face which was utterly bewildered. "Who?...what?..." He asks confused. "Rita Skeeter. Interview for the prophet." Hermione said guessing. James glared at the memory. "Since your parent is alive I'll answer it," James says fixing a stern gaze on Harry, who instantly stopped trying to hide his laughter. "I'm absolutely furious that he was entered and not okay with the fact that Crouch and Dumbledore are letting him compete," James says. Now it was Sirius' turn to try and not laugh. "I picked only that part of the interview. The rest is complete rubbish." Harry says. James rolls his eyes at his son but not before messing up Harry's hair. "Dad!" Harry said pushing James off of him. The memory continued to the first task.

The crowds are cheering, people are taking bets.

INT. WAITING TENT

Harry is pacing. Hermione is standing by the tent door.

HERMIONE

Pssst! Harry? Is that you?

HARRY

Yeah.

HERMIONE

How are you feeling? OK? The key is to concentrate. After that, you just have to...

HARRY

Battle a dragon.

Hermione enters the tent and they hug. A bright camera flashes,

Rita Skeeter the journalist approaches.

RITA

Young love! Ohh how.. stirring. If everything goes, unfortunately, today you might make the front page.

VIKTOR

(To Rita) You have no business here. This tent is for champions and friends.

RITA

No matter. We've got what we wanted.

Rita leaves and Dumbledore enters.

DUMBLEDORE

Good day champions. Gather around, please. Now you've waited, you've wondered and at last, the moment has arrived. The moment only four of you can fully appreciate. The champions gather around him in a circle.

DUMBLEDORE

What are you doing here Miss Granger?

HERMIONE

Oh, um... Sorry I'll just go.

DUMBLEDORE

Barty. The bag.

BARTY

Champions, in a circle around me. Miss Delacour over here, Mr Krum, and Potter over here. Right. Miss Delacour, if you will...

Barty holds up a bag. Fleur takes out a little green dragon.

BARTY

The welsh green. Mr Krum...

Viktor takes another out

BARTY

The Chinese fireball. Oooooh.

Cedric picks one.

BARTY

The Swedish short-snout. Which leaves...

HARRY

The horntail...

BARTY

What's that boy?

HARRY

Nothing.

Harry puts his hand in the bag and pulls out the dragon.

BARTY

The Hungarian horntail. These represent four very real dragons, each of which has been given a golden egg to protect. Your objective is simple, collect the egg. This you must do, for each egg contains a clue without which you cannot hope to proceed to the next task. Any questions?

DUMBLEDORE

Very well. Good luck champions. Mr Diggory the sound of the cannon...

The cannon fires immediately.

After a short while, Harry is sitting alone nervously in the champions' tent.

DUMBLEDORE (VOICEOVER THE LOUDSPEAKER) Three of

our champions have now faced their dragons and so each one of them will proceed to the next task. And now our fourth and final contestant.

Harry enters the rocky arena. The crowd are cheering his name.

He sees the golden egg sitting alone, he makes a run for it but

the dragon appears. Harry's forced to retreat behind a rock as

the dragon flames him. Harry stumbles and falls around the arena.

HERMIONE

Your wand harry! Your wand!

Harry summons his firebolt. He jumps on and flies off, the dragon

gives chase. The dragon bursts through the crowd and they look

stunned.

Harry is flying at high speed around the Hogwarts buildings.

The dragon cuts him off and whips him off his broom, he lands

on the roof of Hogwarts, hanging on for dear life. The dragon

is clambering across the roof, strewing tiles as it goes. Harry

reaches his broom but it's stuck. He jerks it lose and lets

go of the roof just in time before the dragon swipes at him.

He falls a long way but regains control. He flies on to an area

with a bridge, he flies through a gap in the bridge but the dragon

crashes into it and falls into the water and Harry flies back to the arena.

The crowds are mostly silent. We see Harry flying towards us

and the crowd erupts. He goes straight for the golden egg. Harry manages to grab it and the crowd cheers.

James hadn't realized that he had held his breath through the first task until he took a deep breath. "I can not believe they let anyone do that. That is mental." Sirius said. He knew what had happened but didn't know that it had happened like that. Harry shrugged his shoulders. The fact that he was standing right next to them should be proof enough that he could handle what happened, until the last task of course. That was the hardest. The scene changes and Ron goes bright red, whilst Harry and Hermione start laughing. James and Sirius share a look noticing the reactions of the trio to the scene.

MCGONAGALL

The yule ball has been a tradition of the tri-wizard tournament since its inception. On Christmas eve night we and our guests gather in the great hall for well-mannered frivolity. As representatives of the host school, I expect each and every one of you to put your best foot forward, and I mean this literally because the yule ball is first and foremost... a dance.

Groans emerge from the boys who are listening on. The girls seem

a lot more excited.

MCGONAGALL

Silence. The house of Godric Gryffindor has commanded the respect of the wizarding world for nearly ten centuries. I will not have you in the course of a single evening besmirching that name by behaving like a babbling, bumbling band of baboons.

FRED

(Whispering to George) Try saying that

five times faster.

They try.

MCGONAGALL

(Continued) Now to dance is to let the body breathe, inside every girl a secret swan slumbers longing to burst forth and take flight.

RON

(Whispering to Seamus) Something's about to burst out of them, but I don't think it's a swan.

MCGONAGALL

Inside every boy, a lordly lion prepared to prance. Mr Weasly, will you join me.

She grabs Ron and pulls him up to dance.

MCGONAGALL

Now, place your right hand on my waist.

RON

Where?

MCGONAGALL

My waist.

He does so and a wolf whistle comes from the crowd.

MCGONAGALL

Now bend your arm. Mr Filch...

The music starts.

MCGONAGALL

One two three, one two three, one two three.

HARRY

(To the Weasly twins) Oi! Never gonna let him forget this are you?

TWINS

Never.

MCGONAGALL

Everybody come together.

The girls instantly stand and walk forward, the boys are all still seated.

MCGONAGALL

Boys, on your feet.

Neville stands.

Now Sirius and James were laughing, and Ron was a brighter shade of red. They understood why Ron was red. "Honestly Harry. You know how to choose your memories well." James said. Ron glared at Harry. "Honestly mate. I don't think that was necessary." Ron snapped. "Of course it was necessary Ron. It's the best part of that year!" Harry said still laughing as the scene changed to the second task in the tournament.

The Weasly twins are shouting, busy taking bets. Harry is walking along with Neville, he has some green plant life in his hand.

HARRY

You're sure about this Neville?

NEVILLE

Absolutely.

HARRY

For an hour?

NEVILLE

Most likely.

HARRY

Most likely?

NEVILLE

Well, there is some debate among herbologists as to the effects of freshwater versus saltwater.

HARRY

You're telling me this now? You must be joking.

NEVILLE

I just wanted to help.

HARRY

Well, that makes you slightly better than Ron and Hermione. Where are they anyway?

Ron and Hermione glared at Harry. "What?! We hadn't figured it out and Neville helped. Plus I had no idea where you were." Harry defended himself.

NEVILLE

You seem a little tense, Harry.

HARRY

Do I?

DUMBLEDORE

(Over a loudspeaker) Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures,

one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. To win, each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that, they'll be on their own.

MAD-EYE

(To Harry) Put that in your mouth.

Harry puts the gillyweed in his mouth and starts choking.

DUMBLEDORE

(Continued) You may begin at the start of the cannon.

The cannon fires and the champions enter the water, three of them dive in while Harry is pushed. Underwater the effects of

gillyweed take hold, Harry's hands and feet become webbed.

SEAMUS

What's the matter with him?

DEAN

I don't know I can't see him.

NEVILLE

Oh my god, I've killed Harry Potter!

Harry flies into the air like a dolphin and the crowd cheer.

~Underwater~

Harry swims among the fish and rocks. Singing voices start echoing. We see Fleur get trapped, she screams. Harry is still searching around. He hears muffled screams. He

finds Ron, Hermione, Cho Chang and a blonde girl from Beauxbatons tied in place by their ankles. Cedric is there, he takes Cho with him. Harry sets about freeing Ron and Hermione but vicious merpeople appear.

HARRY

But she's my friend too!

MERPERSON

Only one.

What looks like a shark approaches at high speed. We see that it has legs and it's Viktor. He takes Hermione and heads for

the surface. Harry frees Ron.

Harry looks over and sees the blonde girl that Fleur was unable

to rescue. He loosens her rope too and starts heading for the surface with the both of them. He's attacked and gets held down,

he pushes Ron and the girl towards the surface.

Ron and the girl come up, they are coughing but safe. They're

helped out of the water by Fleur. Underwater Harry casts a spell which propels him towards the surface, he flies out and lands on the platform, where the crowds are.

DUMBLEDORE

Harry!

BARTY

Get him another towel.

DUMBLEDORE

I want all the judges over here now.

FLEUR

(To Harry) You saved her, even though she wasn't yours to save. My little sister!

Fleur kisses Harry on the face.

FLEUR

Thank you! And you... (Looks to Ron). You helped!

RON

Well... yeah... a bit

Fleur kisses him too.

RON

Merci.

Hermione comes up to Harry with a towel.

HERMIONE

Harry!

HARRY

Hermione

HERMIONE

Are you alright? You must be freezing! Personally, I think you behaved admirably.

Hermione kisses Harry on the head.

HARRY

I finished last Hermione.

HERMIONE

Next to last.

DUMBLEDORE

Attention! Attention! The winner is... Mr Diggory!

Cedric and his friends cheer.

DUMBLEDORE

For showing unique command of the bubblehead charm. The way I see it, Mr Potter would have finished first had it not been for his determination to rescue not only Mr Weasly but the others as well. We've agreed to award him second place! For outstanding moral fibre.

As they're walking away from the lake Harry's friends are cheering

him.

FRED

All that moral fibre eh?

RON

Blimey even when you go wrong it turns out right.

GEORGE

Well done 'moral fibre'.

Barty Crouch is waiting for Harry.

BARTY

Congratulations Potter, fine achievement. Well done boy. I'm sorry we haven't spoken, after all, your story is one I've heard many times. Quite remarkable. Tragic of course, to lose one's family. Never whole again are we? Still, life goes on. And here we stand. I'm sure your parents would be very proud today Potter!

Mad-Eye approaches them.

MAD-EYE

Bartimus! Not trying to lure Potter into one of the ministry's summer internships, are we? The last boy who went into the department of ministries never came out!

Barty walks away from him.

MAD-EYE

And they say I'm mad.

James looked at Harry proudly. "Moral Fibre eh, not bad." He says. Harry smiles sheepishly. "He does have it. He's not one to leave a friend in danger or behind." Hermione says. Ron agrees. Harry goes pale as the memory changes to the last task. "Harry?" Hermione says gently placing a hand on his shoulder. James seemed to notice his son's change. "Harry it's going to be okay. We are here for you." Hermione said. "Hermione, I-I don't think I-I c-can do this s-so soon." He manages to say. Hermione embraces him. "You don't have to, but James needs you to be strong for him," Hermione says quietly in Harry's ear. Harry knew that she was right and that his father needed him. Harry nodded and Hermione pulled back just as they started talking in the scene.

Music is playing and a large crowd is gathered. The champions

emerge.

DUMBLEDORE

Earlier today Professor Moody placed the tri-wizards cup deep within the maze. Only he knows its exact position. Now as Mr Diggory...

The crowd cheer on hearing his name.

DUMBLEDORE

(continued) and Mr Potter tied for the first position they will be the first to enter the maze. Followed by Mr Krum...

The Bulgarian crowd go nuts.

DUMBLEDORE

(continued) The first person to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the perimeter if at any point should a contestant wish to withdraw from the task he or she need only send up red sparks with their wands. Contestants gather round.

DUMBLEDORE

(To the contestants) In the maze, you'll find not dragons or creatures of the deep. Instead, you'll face something more challenging. You see, people change in the maze. Oh find the cup if you can, but be very weary you could just lose yourselves along the way.

MAD-EYE

Champions! Prepare yourselves.

Cedric hugs his father.

DUMBLEDORE

On the count of three... ONE...

The cannon goes off. Mr Filch shrugs comically. Dumbledore groans.

Harry and Cedric enter the maze through different entrances.

The entrance closes up behind Harry. Heavy mist sets in, we pan

out to see the maze is many stories tall. Harry starts traversing

the maze, creature noises are all around.

Cedric is walking along, the maze walls begin to close in on

him. He makes a run for it. Fleur is running around scared, she

is attacked and knocked down. Viktor comes along and sees she's

unconscious on the ground, he walks on. Harry sees Fleur being

swallowed into the undergrowth.

HARRY

Fleur? Fleur!

He's too late she's disappeared. He sends up a red spark into

the air. A heavy wind starts blowing, walls are closing in, Harry runs. Harry sees something shining in the distance and he moves towards it Viktor tries to zap him but misses.

CEDRIC

Get down!

Harry ducks and Viktor gets zapped by Cedric. Cedric runs up

and kicks the wand out of Viktor's hand. He points his wand at

Viktor's body as if to finish him off, Harry runs up and intervenes.

HARRY

No stop! He's bewitched, Cedric.

They struggle.

CEDRIC

Get off me!

HARRY

He's bewitched!

The two of them begin running towards the cup. The undergrowth grabs Cedric and he falls to the ground. Harry looks back. Cedric is pinned down with no means of escape.

CEDRIC

Harry! Harry!

Harry zaps the plantlife and Cedric wriggles free. Harry helps him up.

CEDRIC

You know for a moment there I thought you were gonna let it get me.

HARRY

For a moment so did I.

CEDRIC

Some game huh?

HARRY

Some game.

The wind starts blowing again.

CEDRIC

Go. Take it, you saved me!

HARRY

Together, on three. One, two, three!

The two boys run and grab the cup together and are whirlwind away as the cup transports them to a graveyard.

James goes as pale as Harry seeing what just happened. "Harry," he said cautiously. "What's happening?" He asks. Harry shakes his head. His eyes are closed as if he doesn't want to see what happens. "Harry?" James says again looking at his son to see him. He places a hand on Harry's shoulder and pulls Harry close to him. It was the best he could do to support his son.

CEDRIC

You ok?

HARRY

Yeah, you?

CEDRIC

Where are we?

HARRY

I've been here before.

CEDRIC

It's a portkey. Harry the cup is a portkey.

HARRY

I've been here before in a dream. Cedric,

we have to get back to the cup? Now!

CEDRIC

What are you talking about?

Harry lets out a shout and holds his head, he is in pain.

CEDRIC

What is it?

HARRY

Get back to the cup!

We see Wormtail and Voldemort nearby.

CEDRIC

Who are you? What do you want?

VOLDEMORT

Kill the spare.

Wormtail casts a spell and kills Cedric.

Hermione screams when Cedric was killed. Harry felt like he was going to pass out. Hermione grabbed his wrist, while Ron and Sirius stood paperwhite staring at the memory. James had a tight grip on Harry's shoulder and couldn't help feel the pain that the fourteen-year-old Harry was feeling.

HARRY

Cedric!

Cedric lays dead on the ground.

Wormtail pulls Harry closer, a status grabs hold of Harry and traps him against a gravestone.

James glared at wormtail. "How dare he touch you!" He hisses under his breath.

VOLDEMORT

Do it, now!

Wormtail drops something into a cauldron, Harry watches on.

WORMTAIL

Bones of the father, unknowingly given.

A bone hovers in the air under Wormtail's control, he drops it into the cauldron.

WORMTAIL

The flesh of the servant willingly sacrificed.

He takes a knife and slashes his arm over the cauldron.

WORMTAIL

Blood of the enemy forcibly taken.

He takes the knife to Harry and cuts at his arm. Harry shouts.

Wormtail takes the knife over to the cauldron and lets the drops

fall into it.

WORMTAIL

The dark lord shall rise again.

The cauldron bursts into flame and a reformed Voldemort emerges.

VOLDEMORT

My wand Wormtail.

Wormtail hands him the wand and bows deeply.

VOLDEMORT

Hold out your arm.

WORMTAIL

Master. Thank you, master.

VOLDEMORT

The other arm Wormtail.

Wormtail looks concerned but does it anyway. Voldemort sticks

the wand into Wormtail's arm. The sky changes, others have been summoned.

James looked petrified. Voldemort was back and one of his school friends was working for him. Wormtail had betrayed him and Lily to Voldemort, then 13 years later harmed Harry even more. James was furious at wormtail's actions. If he ever got his hands on that slimy rat, oh he'd hate to be wormtail then.

VOLDEMORT

Welcome my friends. Thirty years it's been, and yet you stand before me as though it were only yesterday. I confess myself disappointed, not one of you tried to find me.

Voldemort begins slashing angrily at the hooded figures.

VOLDEMORT

Not even you, Lucius.

LUCIUS

My lord. Had I detected any sign or even a whisper of your whereabouts.

VOLDEMORT

There were signs my friend, and more than whispers.

LUCIUS

I assure you I never renounced the old ways. The face I have been obliged to present each day since your absence, that was my true mask.

WORMTAIL

I returned.

VOLDEMORT

Out of fear, not loyalty. Still, you

have proved yourself useful these past few months Wormtail.

Voldemort grants Wormtail a new hand.

WORMTAIL

Thank you, master, thank you.

VOLDEMORT

(To Cedric's corpse) Oh, such a handsome

boy.

HARRY

Don't touch him.

Harry struggles to get free.

VOLDEMORT

Harry! I'd almost forgotten you were

here. Standing on the bones of my father.

I'd introduce you but word has it you're

almost as famous as me these days. The

boy who lived. How lies have fed your

legend, Harry. Shall I reveal what happened that night thirteen years ago?

Shall I divulge how I truly lost my

powers? It was love. You see when dear

sweet Lily Potter gave her life for

her only son she provided the ultimate

protection. I could not touch you. It

was old magic, something I should have

foreseen. But no matter, no matter. Things

have changed, I can touch you now!

Voldemort puts his hand on Harry's head and he screams.

James closes his eyes at Harry's screams. They were so blood-chilling and agonizing to hear. "Harry...." James says. Harry was shaking in his father's hold. This was not something he wanted to relive. Ron had taken to comforting Hermione, seeing as Harry was in to much pain. She was crying into his shoulder, while his arm was around hers.

VOLDEMORT

Astonishing what a few drops of your blood will do eh Harry? Pick up your wand Potter. I said pick it up, get up. Get up! You've been taught how to duel I presume yes? First, we bow to each other. Come on now Harry the niceties must be observed, Dumbledore would not want you to forget your manners now, would he? I said bow!

Voldemort forces Harry to bow with magic.

VOLDEMORT

That's better. And now...

Voldemort casts the cruciatus curse at Harry and he wriggles in pain, trying not to scream.

VOLDEMORT

Atta boy Harry, your parents would be proud. Especially your filthy mudblood mother. I'm going to kill you, Harry Potter, I'm going to destroy you. After tonight no one will ever again question my powers. After tonight if they speak of you they'll speak only of how you begged for death, and I being a merciful lord obliged. Get up.

Voldemort pulls Harry to his feet, Harry begins to move away.

VOLDEMORT

Don't you turn your back on me, Harry Potter, I want you to look at me when I kill you, I want to see the lights leave your eyes.

Harry takes steps toward Voldemort.

HARRY

Have it your way.

They both cast and their streams of the magic meet. They both struggle.

VOLDEMORT

Do nothing. He is mine to finish. He's mine!

Shapes form in the surrounding magical energy. We hear Dumbledore's voice.

HARRY'S DAD

(voice) Harry when the connection is broken you must get to the portkey. We can delay it for a moment to give you time but only a moment, do you understand?

Harry nods to his father's instructions.

CEDRIC

(voice) Harry take my body back, will you? Take my body back to my father.

HARRY'S MOTHER

(voice) Let go. Sweetheart, you're ready. Let go! Let go!

The connection breaks, Harry runs over to Cedric's body and summons the cup over to them. In an instant the port out. Voldemort looks angry.

VOLDEMORT

No!

James is mentally struck at this and can understand why Harry might not want to share this, so much as relive it. "Harry, Harry. You can relax. It's okay." James says rubbing Harry's arm. Harry visibly relaxes, though he is still shaking. Hermione wiped away her tears, watching Harry and James. Ron rubbed her arm comfortingly. Sirius had relaxed but he watched James and Harry with caution.

Back at the arena, Harry appears with Cedric's body. The crowd

don't understand what has taken place and they all cheer, triumphant music starts to play. Harry weeps on Cedric's body.

DUMBLEDORE

Harry! Harry!

Dumbledore tries to pry Harry off of Cedric's body.

DUMBLEDORE

Tell me what happened!

HARRY

He's back, he's back! Voldemort's back. Cedric, he asked me to bring his body back. I couldn't leave him, not there.

DUMBLEDORE

It's alright Harry. It's alright, he's

home, you both are.

FUDGE

Keep everybody in their seats. A boy has just been killed. The body must be moved Dumbledore, there are... too many people.

AMOS

Let me through! That's my son! My boy!

Amos breaks down wailing. The crowd look on distraught.

Mad-eye comes and helps Harry up, before dragging Harry off to his office. He forces Harry down on a stool before talking. Mad-Eye Moody closes the door behind him. Harry is in the room still sobbing.

MAD-EYE

Are you alright Potter?

Harry nods.

MAD-EYE

Does it hurt?

HARRY

Not so much now.

MAD-EYE

I'd better take a look at it.

We see Harry's arm, it has a long red and raw cut down his forearm blood, dried and fresh running down his arm.

HARRY

The cup was a portkey. Someone had bewitched it.

MAD-EYE

What was it like? What was he like?

HARRY

Who?

MAD-EYE

The dark lord. What was it like to stand in his presence?

HARRY

I don't know. It was like I'd fallen into

one of my dreams. One of my nightmares.

Mad-Eye starts shaking and struggling for air, he reaches for

his bottle but it's empty. He rushes to a chest with other bottles

and struggles to find one.

MAD-EYE

Were there others? In the graveyard, were there others?

HARRY

Um. I don't think I said anything about a graveyard Professor.

MAD-EYE

Marvellous creatures dragons aren't they? Do you think that miserable oaf would have led you into the woods if I hadn't suggested it? Do you think Cedric Diggory would have told you to hold the egg under the water if I hadn't have told him first myself? Do you think Neville Longbottom the witless wonder could have provided you with gillyweed if I hadn't have given him the book that led you straight to it? Huh??

HARRY

It was you from the beginning. You put my name in the goblet of fire. You bewitched Krum. But...

Mad-Eye makes sobbing noises making fun of Harry.

MAD-EYE

You won because I made it so Potter. You ended up in that graveyard tonight because it was meant to be so. And now the deed is done. The blood that runs through these veins runs within the dark lord. Imagine how he will reward me when he learns that I have once and for all silenced the great Harry Potter.

A flash of light occurs and Mad-Eye is knocked into the wall.

Dumbledore, McGonagall and Snape come rushing in, Wand out. Dumbledore takes Mad-Eye by the neck.....

DUMBLEDORE

Severus...

Snape administers some veritaserum. Mad-Eye wriggles demonically.

DUMBLEDORE

Do you know who I am?

MAD-EYE

Albus Dumbledore.

DUMBLEDORE

Are you Alastor Moody? Are you?

MAD-EYE

No.

DUMBLEDORE

Is he in this room? Is he in this room?

We see a nod at the large trunk in the room, and that Harry is hiding behind.

DUMBLEDORE

Harry get away from there.

Harry gets out from the corner McGonagall ushering him away. She helps him and keeps him behind herself and Snape.

Dumbledore approaches the chest. The chest opens, it contains

a series of smaller chests. When the final chest is open we see

that there's a pit within holding a man the real Alastor Moody.

DUMBLEDORE

Are you alright Alastor?

ALASTOR

I'm sorry Albus.

HARRY

That's Moody, but then who's...?

Dumbledore holds up one of Mad-Eye's Bottles.

SEVERUS

Polyjuice potion.

DUMBLEDORE

Now we know who's been stealing it from your store Severus.

Snape looks at Harry before back at the fake moody.

Dumbledore looks into the pit.

DUMBLEDORE

We'll get you up in a minute.

Alastor Moody groans. The Mad-Eye Moody they have captive in

a chair begins to twitch about restlessly making strange noises.

He appears to be transforming. He rips off his fake eyepiece

which falls on the floor, we see that he's transformed into Barty Crouch Jr.

DUMBLEDORE

Barty Crouch Junior.

BARTY JR

I'll show you mine if you show me yours.

Barty Jr rolls up his sleeve to reveal a skull and snake marking.

DUMBLEDORE

Your arm Harry.

BARTY JR

You know what this means, don't you? He's back. Lord Voldemort has returned.

DUMBLEDORE

Send an owl to Azkaban, think they'll find they're missing a prisoner.

BARTY JR

I'll be welcomed back like a hero.

DUMBLEDORE

Perhaps. I've never had much time for heroes.

The memories end and the five are pulled back up to the room. Harry sits down quickly, still shaking and pale. James and Hermione sit down on either side of him. "Harry? Are you okay?" Hermione asks. Harry didn't answer her. He just stared at the floor as if he was trying to forget everything that happened all over again. He felt arms wrapped around him and he looked up to see his father.

James wrapped Harry in a gentle hug. The fact that Harry had to endure what he did in the last four years was heartbreaking to James. Harry lent into his father's chest, liking the warmth and comfort. "I'm sorry Harry." James murmured softly. Hermione and Ron watched the two while Sirius smiled at his friend and godson. Harry was confused when his father apologized. "F-for what?" He managed. "For leaving you. And for what you went through." James said. Harry smiled and let his father hold him. Never before had he had an embrace like this. And, he liked it. 

A/N
Omg!! So long!! I'm so sorry guys! I didn't think it would be nearly this long.

Pls comment and tell me what you think.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.2M 114K 64
↳ ❝ [ INSANITY ] ❞ ━ yandere alastor x fem! reader β”• 𝐈𝐧 𝐰𝐑𝐒𝐜𝐑, (y/n) dies and for some strange reason, reincarnates as a ...
533K 11.5K 38
In wich a one night stand turns out to be a lot more than that.
233K 5.8K 52
⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯ ΰͺœβ€βž΄ 𝐅𝐄𝐄𝐋𝐒 π‹πˆπŠπ„ .ᐟ ❛ & i need you sometimes, we'll be alright. ❜ IN WHICH; kate martin's crush on the basketball photographer is...
8.2M 182K 91
'y/n potter? bet she'll be just like her idiot brother' '𝐬π₯𝐲𝐭𝐑𝐞𝐫𝐒𝐧' started - june 2020 finished - january 2021 edited - soon