the sandlot orphan » b.rodrig...

بواسطة jetblacktrash

in where an orphan meets a group of baseball playing boys and falls for one of them Copyright © 2015 keillyn... المزيد

; prologue
; one
; two
; three
; four
; five
; six
; seven
; eight
; nine
; ten
; eleven
; twelve
; thirteen
; fourteen
; fifteen
; sixteen
; seventeen
; eighteen
; nineteen
; twenty one
; epilogue
IMPORTANT NOTE
IT'S UP

; twenty

10.4K 307 63
بواسطة jetblacktrash

S A M

"Samantha!" Marcia greeted and smiled when she opened the door. Sam smiled back and rocked back and forth on the balls of her feet. School was done for the day and Sam headed over to Marcia's house to pick up her little brother, Jacob.

"Hey, uh, I'm here to ask you a favor?" Sam asked, nervously playing with my fingernails. On way to Marcia's house, Sam remembered about her 'date' with Benny. She couldn't take Jacob with her and she wasn't going to ask Wendy to watch over him.

"Sure, anything!"

"Is it okay if I leave Jacob here for a while longer? I'm going out, but if you can't it's fine! I'll—"

"It's okay, Samantha! I'm sure Zoey would love to be with Jacob!"

Sam huffed out a breath that she didn't even know she was holding. "Thank you so much, Marcia. You're a lifesaver!"

"You're welcome, sweetheart. Hey, there's Zoey now!" Sam turned her head and saw Zoey walking up to the house with Charlie by her side. Sam bit her lip, knowing she still needed to talk to her. Sam's thoughts got cut off when small arms wrapped around her legs.

"Sammy!" A squeaky voice cheered. Sam bent down and lifted Jacob up into her arms. He wraps his arms around Sam's neck and hugs his big sister tightly. Sam squeezed his little body softly. "Miss you!"

"I missed you too, Jay." Sam leaned her head back a little and placed a kiss on Jacob's nose. He giggled. "Listen, you're going to be here for a little while longer." His bottom lip jutted out in a pout. "Hey, happy face! Zoey is going to be with you and so is —"

"CHARLIE!" Jacob wriggled out of Sam's arms and ran to Charlie. Sam shook her head, amused, as she watch her little brother. Sam sweared he had a crush on her. He was always close to her when she was around and he blushed when Charlie kissed his cheek or complimented him.

Sam sighed and placed her hands on her hips, when Jacob latched onto Zoey's leg. She then looked around Marcia and saw that the clock inside her house read that it was almost four.

"Well, I must be going. Thanks again, Marcia. I won't be long." Sam jumped down her steps and started heading down the street.

"Take as long as you want!" Marcia called after Sam. "But not too long!" Sam looked over her shoulder and laughed before giving her a thumbs-up.

Sam smoothed down her dress before running a hand through her hair as she stood in front of the mirror. The dress she was wearing was blue with white stripes. Sam had paired the dress with white converse and some necklaces, then her outfit was complete.

As Sam started at herself in the mirror, she sighed, nervous about what would happen with Benny. Two years has passed without either of them seeing each other and Sam was afraid that it would be very awkward between them, especially since they became 'rivals' when they saw each other for the first time in school.

Sam checked the clock hanging on her wall and She noticed that it was four fourty. I have to get going, Sam thought while she picked up  up a small white bag that had her keys and some money before walking out of her room. As Sam walked passed the living room to go out the door, she heard someone clearing their throat. Sam crossed her arms and turned to where the sound came from; she knew who it was.

"Where was Jacob?" Wendy demanded, crossing her arms also as she sat on the couch, next to her boyfriend.

Sam narrowed her eyes. "Uh, in school. With me."

"Why? You can't do that!"

"Too late! I did! And how dare ya' ask why! Ya' leave Jacob alone where he might be stuck in a fire or get kidnapped or somethin'!"

"Stop being so dramatic, Sam."

Sam's nose flared as she dropped her arms to her sides, her hands curling into fists. "I can be dramatic all I want 'cause that can actually happen! Mom and Dad abandon us, now you abandon me and Jacob? With your excuse of a boyfriend?"

"Leave Tim out of this!"

"No! Because he's the one who started all of this! If it wasn't for him, you'd still be here with Jacob and I!" Sam yelled as her eyes filled with hot, angry tears. "Just leave!"

"No!"

"Then I'll go! I'm tired."

Wendy raised an eyebrow. "Oh really? Tired? Then why are ya all dressed up?"

"None of ya' business."

"It is my business because I'm your big sister!"

"Then start acting like it!" A lone tear trailer down Sam's right cheek as she whispered, "You've changed Wendy.."

Sam wiped the tear away with heel of her hand turning around and slamming the door when she walked out.

Sam breathed in and out through her nose as she leaned against the wall, her foot against it to help her keep balance. She was trying to calm herself down by playing with her fingernails. She was still really mad at Wendy, but her nervousness for the 'date' took over. Sam shook her head then started looking to her right, to where the entrance to the diner was to see if she saw Benny walking her way.

B E N N Y

Benny sighed both in relief and exhaustion as he spotted Sam leaning against the wall close to the entrance of the diner. Benny had ran all the way there because the sandlot boys were helping him get ready and they made him late.

Benny took a deep breath in as his eyes scanned Sam's figure. She looked beautiful, and Jenny was going to make her his again.

Benny's teeth bit down on his lower lip nervously as he walked towards the blonde girl. Once he reached her, he softly tapped her shoulder and her head turned to face him. Her blue eyes sparkled and her lips curled into a smile.

"Hey," Benny breathed, releasing his lip and smiling back.

"Hi," Sam responded back. She then leaned in and to Benny's surprise, wrapped her arms around him. Benny was frozen for a while, but then he curled her arms around her body and hugged back.

Benny buried his nose into her hair and inhaled her hair's scent. It always smelled like strawberries and it still did. Sam started pulling back but Benny pulled her back to him tighter, missing the way her body felt pressed against his.

Benny realized what he was doing and released her, taking a set back. "S-sorry." He stuttered, rubbing the back of his neck.

A blush spread throughout Sam's cheeks as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. "I-It's fine."

"Ya' look beautiful, Sam." Benny said, dropping his arm back to his side and stuffing both his hands into his pockets.

"So do you." Sam's blue eyes widened and the blush on her cheeks burned a deeper red. "I-I mean, you look nice too. Ya' always do, not that I'm saying ya' don't—"

Benny chuckled and shook his head in amusement. Sam gaped at him as she slapped his arm.

"I'm not making fun of ya'. You're just too cute." Benny admitted.

A stronger blush ran through her cheeks. "Stop making me blush!"

"It's true." Benny smiled. "Anyways, let's go in?"

She nodded slowly then they both headed towards the diner's entrance.

"So, ya wanted to talk about what happened right?" Sam asked, swirling the straw in the shake they were both sharing. Benny nodded. "Spill."

Benny and Sam have been at the diner for about half an hour and they have talked about random things but, neither of them didn't bring up the topic about what happened between them.

"Alright." Benny picked up a fry that was in a basket between them and ate it. As he chewed, he thought about what he was going to say thoroughly. Benny swallowed and started to speak. "I'm really, really sorry. Super sorry. I don't know what came over me that day and I just couldn't stop the words leaving my mouth. I used to always joke about girls like that with the boys and I guess I forgot you were there..."

Sam leaned back while her arms folded across her chest while her bottom lip was pulled into her mouth. Her eyes stared at the table and Benny moved his leg up and down nervously.

She finally looked back up at Benny and sighed. "I'm sorry too. I called you a shitty boyfriend, I swear I didn't mean it. I was just hurt of how you were treated me and I just snapped. I overreacted."

"I deserved it, Sam. No need to apologize. You grew up badly and didn't know how to read and had no television to know about Babe Ruth. And ya' beat us fair and square, so ya very well know how to play baseball and ya' know a lot about it. It doesn't matter if your a girl." Benny said, before leaning back with closed eyes. "But I should've remembered since you were my girlfriend! I knew about it very well and I just..."

A soft hand was placed over his. "Hey," Sam started to speak softly, her voice sounding like an angel's. Benny opened his eyes. "It's fine. Ya' forgot. Nobody's perfect."

A sigh left Benny's lips and his body relaxed and slumped against the seat. Sam and Benny were sitting in a booth in the corner of the room, giving them some privacy. Sam smiled and Benny took her left hand in his right one, running his thumb over her knuckles while Benny smiled back. Suddenly, they quickly pulled apart as a waitress placed their food in front of them which were burgers they ordered a little while after they arrived.

Sam wiped her lips with a napkin and slumped against the seat. "I'm so full." She softly laughed.

"Me too." Benny smiled as he reached into his jean pocket and started to pull out his wallet. Sam's eyes widened as Benny placed the wallet on the table. Sam picked up her purse and took out hers as well. "Na-ah. I invited you here, I pay."

"But I want to help pay!" She whined. Benny shook his head at her adorableness. "Then at least let me tip the waitress."

"Fine," Benny sighed. As they sat in silence for the waitress to pass by again, Benny started to speak. "So, um, since I guess we're alright...do ya want to be mine again?"

A wide smile appeared on her face and her blue eyes twinkled. She nodded rapidly and it took everything in Benny to not lean over the table and kiss her. They were obviously in a public place and he don't want to embarrass Sam.

Moments later, Benny was walking Sam to Zoey's house so that she can pick up Jacob and go home. They were walking side by side and Benny noticed how there were goosebumps on Sam's arms and how she was furiously rubbing them. There was a light breeze blowing through the air and it was making her cold. Benny took off his red flannel and placed it over her shoulders.

Sam took it right off and handed it back to Benny. "I don't want you getting cold."

Benny took the article of clothing from her hand and shrugged it back on. He then brought Sam to his side and wrapped his arm around over her shoulders, gripping the flannel in my hand. So Benny had it on while covering her with it also.

Benny looked down at Sam and she was already looking up at him with a smile. She then leaned up and placed a soft kiss on Benny's jaw, sending shivers down his spine.

S A M

Sam reached the front door of Zoey's house with Bennh. When they were standing in front of the door, Sam's hands were wrapped in Benny's larger ones.

"Thanks so much for forgiving me and taking me back Sam." Benny smiled. Sam smiled back up at him.

"Well thank you for asking me out and explaining everything to me. It means a lot." Sam said.

She leaned in and curled her arms around Benny's neck, pulling him into a hug. Sam placed her face into the crook of his neck as he hugged her waist. Sam smiled against his skin and let his body warmth warm him up.

Slowly, they pulled back and Benny's eyes met Sam's. His eyes were still the same honey hazel-green. Sam loved staring into his eyes, she loved everything about him.

Benny's face started to slowly lean towards Sam's and when he was close enough, Sam turned her head and his lips met her cheek. He pulled back and gave Sam a confused look.

"I want to take things slow.." Sam whispered, their lips almost brushing against each other.

"Alright. Whatever ya want." Benny kissed Sam's nose, then softly bumped his nose with hers. Sam kissed his left cheek and leaned back, dropping her arms to my sides. "See ya' tomorrow at school, Sam."

"See ya." They smiled at each other one last time before Benny turned around and went down the front steps and onto the sidewalk.

Sam sighed happily as she leaned against the metal rail of the steps. Things with Benny were finally getting better.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

297K 9.9K 52
There's no way you're hitting on me right now. ━ Lando Norris x Fem!OC © KissLeclerc , April 2024 Started: April 8, 2024 Completed: May 10, 2...
996K 53.8K 35
It's the 2nd season of " My Heaven's Flower " The most thrilling love triangle story in which Mohammad Abdullah ( Jeon Jungkook's ) daughter Mishel...
1M 41.1K 49
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
922K 35K 83
𝗟𝗼𝘃𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗵𝗲𝗿 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗹𝗶𝗸𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗳𝗶𝗿𝗲, 𝗹𝘂𝗰𝗸𝗶𝗹𝘆 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝗵𝗲𝗿, 𝗔𝗻𝘁𝗮𝗿𝗲𝘀 𝗹𝗼𝘃𝗲 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 �...