Silent Scream (Hiatus)

Por pwg7892

Ashley is your average teenage girl. Average looks. Average personality. Until she discovers she has a stalke... Más

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9

Chapter 10

1.3K 49 30
Por pwg7892

Chapter Ten

Hopping into my car, it took all my willpower not to glance back at the front door to see if Patrick was still standing there.

But I did, and he wasn’t. I could have cried, but I didn’t. Or maybe I did cry, but I don’t remember. I pulled out of the drive-way, and started to head home, but I really didn’t want to go there and see my mom, who was most likely pissed off. So, I drove around for a bit - thinking about Patrick, and Kurt, who I was totally excited to go on a date with.

That should be an interesting experience.

But most of all, I thought about the phone call, and how if only I had my cell phone on vibrate, Patrick wouldn’t have taken my phone from me, and heard what my stalker said. Hopefully Patrick would listen to what I said and just leave me alone.

What the question is:

Do I really want him to?

After driving around for about 20 minutes, I glanced in my side view mirror and I of course, saw him.

Yep, there he is in his red truck. I groaned.

Gimme a break! SERIOUSLY! Go stalk some other teenage girl! I thought. Or better yet, stalk one of the ones that you’ve already raped!

Feeling annoyed, and completely pissed off, I pulled over abruptly and noticed that he did the same.

He wasn’t far away either.

I jumped out of the car, struggling to undo the seatbelt for a moment. As I got out, I almost tripped and fell flat on my face. Imagine how my stalker would feel then, knowing that the girl he’s stalking is a clumsy oaf.

Maybe, just maybe, he’d be so turned off, that he would stop stalking me completely!

Yeah, right, Ashley. And the cow jumped over the moon. I thought, sarcastically, with a feeling of dread in the pit of my stomach.

He wouldn’t stop until he got what he wanted. And he even has a partner - that man who keeps phoning me!

I’m double teamed.

I wouldn’t stand a chance against two massive men half my size.

I charged toward the man in the red truck, in a fit of rage, flailing my arms around like a psychopath.

At that moment, he must have been thinking, “What have I gotten myself into?”

“Hey, you!” I exclaimed.

He looked at me, and I swear his eyes were burrowing into my soul. “You want something to look at! I’ll give you something to look at!” I thrust my fist into the air, and pointed my middle finger to the heaven’s, flipping him the bird.

Yeah…how do you like that, you lunatic!

…Maybe I’m the lunatic.

He didn’t do anything, but drove away, watching me as he did so.

Some cop. I thought. He doesn’t even arrest someone for giving him the finger.

For all he knows, I could be stinkin drunk.

Am I drunk? I asked myself. I didn’t have anything to drink at Patrick’s so unless I had an invisible drink, I think I’m good.

After he was gone, I got back in my car, sighing. Driving home, I wondered what my mom would say. She would be angry with me, I knew that. But how angry?

I guess I’ll find out…

I pulled into my drive-way, and turned off the ignition, balling my keys in my fist, which were clad with a Winnie The Pooh keychain.

I slammed my car door, still feeling slightly deranged, and stomped up the front walk. I swung the door open, creating a clanging sound as it collided with the wall.

“Ashley?” I heard my mom call from around the corner.

I didn’t say anything, and started to make my way to my room, which I had to pass the kitchen to reach, and as I did so, my mom looked at me and shouted, “Ashley Channing! Get your butt in here!”

“Ugh,” I turned around and poked my head into the kitchen. “Yeah,” I said, acknowledging that I was listening.

“What happened to your little friend? I thought you said you’d be home at 6,” she said.

I rolled my eyes. “Yeah, well, that didn’t work out now, did it? Seeing as I’m standing here talking to you, and not him.”

“So you lied.”

I paused before I answered her question. I had to be sure I knew what she was asking about. Within the last 42 hours, there was an unmentionable amount of things she could have been referring to.

“Um… and what did I lie about?”

“You were at a boys house.”

“Oh, yeah, well I thought we’d established that already.”

My mom put her head to her forehead, closing her eyes, and breathed heavily, as if trying to calm herself down.

“Ashley,” she said, a serious tone to her voice. She looked at me. “How many times do I have to tell you not to go over to a boys house alone? Do you have any idea how important that is?”

I sighed, “Yes.” Now she was trying to guilt-trip me. And it was working.

She walked toward me slowly, “I just...” she started, “I just don't want the same thing to happen to you.” She rested her hand on my shoulder.

“I know, mom...” Before I was born, and my mom was in college, early in the morning while it was still dark, she was attacked on campus and was brutally raped. The one thing that every victim fears, my mom was faced with. She was pregnant with her rapists baby. That baby was me.

“I love you so much, Ashley.”

I nodded, “I love you too.” I grasped her hand and removed it, “But...not every male on the planet is a rapist.” Just the one that happens to be stalking me.

She stepped away from me and closed her eyes, her body becoming rigid. “I think you should go upstairs,” she told me. Meaning, she wanted me to get out of her sight before she started to rage.

I obliged, turning away from her. I looked back for a moment, quickly adding, “But you don't have to worry about the boy who's house I was at. I won't be seeing him anymore.” We made eye contact for a moment, then I turned away again and made my way to my bedroom.

I woke up the next morning and the first thing that I realized was that I had drama that day. Meaning Patrick would be there. I groaned, shoving my head under my pillow. “Why did I have to go and make such a fool out of myself?” I said aloud as I sat up in my bed. It seemed like every time I saw him, I did something to make him think that I was a crazy person.

And I told him to leave me alone! On the one hand, I sincerely hoped he did, for his sake. But on the other hand, I enjoyed his company and wanted to spend every second with him.

Shit, I thought, what a mess.

I begrudgingly got ready for school and was in the car before I had a chance to run into my mom. That would have been awkward. Hey mom, you know that guy I told you I wouldn't be seeing anymore? Well, we're actually doing a romantic scene from Romeo and Juliet together. Isn't that great?! Yeah, I could see that backfiring.

Driving to school, all I could think about was how I would confront Patrick. I could picture his face in my mind – his eyebrows furrowed in a frown and the questioning eyes. Beautiful, mesmerizing eyes. I shook the thought away, literally, with a jerk of my head, and realized I was at the High School already.

“This should be an interesting day,” I said to myself as I stalked towards the building, a couple people looking at me like I was crazy for talking to myself.

I forgot that I had Earth Science with Patrick as well. So I walked into the class, trying to act cheerful, until I saw him and we made eye contact, and any glee I felt was abolished.

I momentarily stood stiff in the doorway while we stared at each other. His hair looked amazing, and he was wearing a tight tee that showed off his toned arm muscles. Gah! I mentally slapped myself then looked away, planting my gaze firmly on the back wall, and not on his sexy body. I started walking tall with confidence to my seat, and sat down, never looking at him.

The entire class I was completely focused on pretending that he wasn't there, that by the end, I had no idea what the lesson was on, and my note page was blank.

When the bell went, I watched him as he left the classroom, his back to me. He paused in his step, like he could sense me looking at him and was about to turn around, but he didn't and continued walking away.

I sighed, getting out of my seat and venturing into the hallway and to my locker.

At my locker, I was putting my books away and getting my script for drama, when Kurt came up behind me, making me jump.

“Hey, you,” he said.

I closed my locker and turned to him, “Hello, Kurt.”

He put his arm over my shoulder and the contact surprised me. We started walking together, “Excited for our date?” He questioned.

Shit,I thought, I completely forgot.

“Ecstatic,” I answered, with a hint of sarcasm that him and his dense mind couldn't sense.

“Me too,” he smiled, “what did you do yesterday?”

I shrugged, “Not much.”

“That sounds fun,” he teased.

“Uhh...yeah,” I responded, absentmindedly.

As we walked to drama, Kurt continued to babble insignificantly about sports...or movies...But I wasn't paying attention. I was too busy freaking out about Patrick. I decided that I would just ask Mr. Crymble for a different partner. Teachers liked me, it would be fine. I hope, I thought, unsure. I thought that with my cellphone track record, things might be looking bleak.

We reached the class and I took a deep breath as Kurt opened the door for me. When I entered the room, I first saw Patrick through my peripheral vision, and made an effort to not look directly at him. Had I seen the look on his face, I would have noticed the jealousy in his eyes after seeing me enter the class with Kurt. I pulled up a chair, nearly forgetting that Kurt was beside me, and he followed suit, planting his chair beside mine. Patrick was still glaring at Kurt. Not that I noticed.

Mr. Crymble was still in his office getting organized, waiting for the final bell to sound. I took the opportunity to talk to him about a new partner.

“I'll be right back, Kurt,” I said as I stood up.

Smiling, he responded, “Hurry back.”

Walking to the office, I passed in front of Patrick, making eye contact with him, and it seemed like the world was moving in slow motion as I breezed past him.

I looked away and stood in the doorway to his office. He was looking away so I knocked lightly on the frame to gain his attention. He looked up momentarily to see who it was and looked away again, saying, “What did I do for you?”

“Um, I was wondering if it was possible for me to exchange partners,” I told him.

Without glancing at me, he responded, “I don't see why not,” then added, “but make sure all students involved are okay with it.”

I nodded, “Okay.”

I figured I would just try to get Kurt as my partner. It would be better than the awkwardness that would ensue with Patrick. Until I turned around and saw that Brooklyn had pulled up a chair on Kurt's left, and I remembered that she was his partner. “Dammit,” I mumbled under my breath.

“Something wrong?” I looked over and saw Patrick smirking at me.

I scoffed, responding, “Nothing that concerns you,” then stomped immaturely back to Kurt.

I stood in front of Kurt and Brooklyn and said, “Hello.”

They both looked at me. Brooklyn looked angry and Kurt was grinning, “Hey,” he said.

“Brooklyn, if you don't mind,” I started, “I'd like to trade partners with you.”

Kurt's smile widened, but Brooklyn looked menacing, “Fat chance, bitch,” she barked.

I rolled my eyes. It's not like that wasn't expected. Kurt nudged her, “Come on Brooklyn, don't be a stuck up whore.”

She gaped at him, saying nothing. “Please...Brooklyn,” I winced. I couldn't believe I was subjected to begging.

She looked unimpressed, “Maybe next time.”

I shrugged, “I tried.”

“Sorry,” Kurt sympathized.

I looked past Kurt and Brooklyn and gasped when I saw that Patrick was there behind them, throwing something in the garbage. I could tell by the look on his face that he had heard the whole thing. Shit,I thought.

Wait, who cares if he heard?

You do, Ashley, you do.

I stared at him for a moment, until he walked away and I sighed, sitting in my chair.

Congrats Ashley, I thought sarcastically, you just made things worse.

I face-palmed.

(A/n: Okay, that's all I've got. Sorry guys! If you haven't read Fear of Being Alone or Intimate Stranger, I highly suggest it. Thank you everyone for following this story to this point. I wouldn't have finished this chapter without you.)

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

304K 4.9K 48
The typical love story. Bad Boy meets good girl, They fall in love. Blah Blah Blah... Boring and used so many times! But what if the popular Rich Gir...
374K 13K 31
Ashley doesn't expect to ever meet the sweet, shy, boy who lived on her street ever again after he moves. So what happens when he comes back and turn...
58.1K 1.3K 34
*WARNING, NOT EDITED* Ashley was in her Senior year of High school. She is 17. She has had a wonderful high school experience and is ready to finish...
362K 10.5K 41
Follow my Instagram for any updates and if you have any questions: @nikki_k123 Ellie has lived in Santa Barbara her entire life with her parents and...