The Waitress and the Wolf (Bo...

By ImmaNarwhal_nbd

Having been a runaway at 16, Venus makes her living as a waitress in a small town, with small minded people... More

Chapter 2. Appearances
Chapter 3. Blue Eyes
Chapter 4. Letters
Chapter 5. The Fourth Letter
Chapter 6. Last Night
Chapter 7. Cold Shoulders
Chapter 8. Day 5
Chapter 9. Bake-Off
Chapter 10. Repercussions
Chapter 11. The Beast
Chapter 12. Intimate
Chapter 13. The Guardian
Chapter 14. Birthday Party
Chapter 15. Fire
Chapter 16. Trapped
Chapter 17. Shaken
Authors note 1
Chapter 18. Questions
Chapter 19. The Call
Chapter 20: Like Chicago part 1/2
Chapter 20: Like Chicago part 2/2
Chapter 21: Surprise part 1/2
Chapter 21: Surprise Part 2/2
Chapter 22. Awakened
Chapter 23. Flicker
Hey
Chapter 24. Feeling Red
Chapter 25. Maybe
Chapter 26. On Her Terms
Chapter 27. Trust in Me
Chapter 28. Crisis
Chapter 29. Where We Belong
Chapter 30. Venus Fly Trap
Chapter 31. The Guardian
Chapter 32. The End

Chapter 1. Table 4

20.5K 504 72
By ImmaNarwhal_nbd

Just thought I'd try something new. Pic of Venus above :D Tell me if I should keep writing!

I sighed, scrubbing the table furthermore. Of course this couple had managed to bring all 4 of their kids, shove them into a booth and watch them as they decided to color in ketchup and mustard. I frowned, wiping a strand of my loose brown hair behind my ear.

"Venus, you've got another customer coming at booth 4!" Marge hollered from the kitchen. I glanced at this table. On it sat a big paper 4.

"I'm not even finished," I replied, scrubbing twice as hard. Who knew a kid could make such a detailed mustard painting of a fish?

Marge frowned, her large head of blonde hair swishing up and down in it's tease. Marge, though she was 54, liked to wear the brightest green eye shadows and all shades of purple lipsticks. Her frame remained small and petite, well, if you discount her huge melons in both her front and her back.

"Yeah, tell that to the party of 5 coming in 15 minutes," She hollered. I frowned, and stepped back from the messy table. No other customers had arrived yet, and so far it was just me, Marge and my two friends Moira and Will working.

Marge was always here, though no one really knew. She had a small sleeping bag down in the basement along with her strange assortments of lacy undergarments. As rambunctious as the hopeless romantic woman was, she was like a mother to me, and allowed me to work here when I was 16. Now here I am, 24 and still scrubbing ketchup and mustard painted tables.

Moira came here when she was 18, blonde hair, lip piercings, the whole goth chick look. Now 22, temperamental and feisty was how she walked in and out of these doors, but to where, no one knew. It was quite possible she was even living on the streets, though I'd never point that in conversation.

Will came around way before me and Moira. Marge is his aunt, and though he's never said much about his real parents, no one bothered to ask. Now at 24, he was quite the charmer. His dark brown hair, blue eyes, and broad shoulders helped to bring in the high school girls.

All of us had our reasons for working at this diner, but the ideas of sharing those reasons with each other seemed to be a mystery to us all.

"Moira, what have I told you?" Marge began to scold the gutterpunk. Moira rolled her ice blue eyes and continued to dip her finger in the cake batter. She leaned back on the counter, swaying her ripped stocking covered legs back and forth.

"No one is even going to eat it," She retorted. I heard Marge let out a deep sigh, as though her life had been made that much harder. Moira shrugged and continue to dip her finger in the batter. I turned around and hustled to get this table cleaned off. Wiping off the last bits of mustard from the seats, I walked into the kitchen to get new rags.

"How was the night shift?" Will asked, appearing behind me out of nowhere. I nearly jumped, but his off presence wasn't new to me anymore.

"A couple too busy lip-locking than to even touch their cheeseburgers with extra pickles, and 4 kids who decided the table was an art easel and their markers were the sauces, so what do you think?" I asked, washing my hands off in the sink. He laughed heartily. I smiled.

"I guess we have another customer this morning, group of 5, mind helping me out?" I asked him. He nodded in an instant, his eyes seeming far off.

"Why don't we ever tell each other why we all came to work here?" I asked, wiping my hands on my apron. He shrugged and crossed his brawny arms.

"I like to think we all have dark and twisted pasts. It's more fun to think of it that way than to give away the mystery of it all, right?" He asked, raising his brows. I nodded, though I knew we all did have dark and twisted pasts. Whatever helped him sleep at night, right?

"Hey Venus, I was thinking-"

"Moira! Get your fingers out of there!" Marge screamed from across the kitchen. Me and Will turned our heads to see the two at each other's throats again. I chuckled at Moira, who had a fistful of batter in her hands, and looked as though she was about to throw it at the woman's wrinkled face.

"Those two just don't go a day without wanting to kill each other," I said with a laugh. Will followed suit.

Suddenly the phone began to ring. "I'll get it," I said, walking to the landline. Picking it up, I spoke, "Hello?" I tried.

"Hello? Demetri? Demetri I need you!" A man was frantically screaming on the other line! Flustered, I gaped. "No, No it's not-" I tried but the man continued to panic.

"Man, it's Wilson and Diego, they know! They're coming - you have to -" but a loud growl sounded out and the line went dead. I stood frozen, glued to my spot.

A second past before I realized my heartbeat was racing like a quarter horse on free track. I stared at the phone with wide eyes before hanging it up. I sighed and took a deep breath.

The growl.

It was a sound that haunted my dreams, literally. I always had nightmares of a growl of a creature since I was a little girl. I shook it off.

That man could easily be on drugs. Yeah, drugs, that's it.

I walked away from the phone, ignoring the ominous feeling in my stomach. Will stood behind me, his eyes seeming worried.

"Who was that?" Will asked, staring at the phone hanging on the wall. I shook my head.

"Wrong number, that's all," I replied. "Well," Marge walked over, "While you were dealing with wrong numbers, some customers came in, so you and Moira and Will, hop to it!" She reprimanded before waltzing into the kitchen. I lolled my head back and let out a deep huff.

"What was that all about?" Moira said, walking over and licking her fingers. "Wrong number," me and Will replied at the same time. We stared at each other and smiled, meanwhile, Moira rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. Let's get these stupid customers sat down in their stupid tables," Moira said with the lick of her pinky. I chuckled at her before greeting the paying customers.

Two men walked in, tattoos everywhere. They seemed like the type of men you didn't want to run into on the streets. One was bald and the other had longer black hair swayed to the side. I began to guide them to their table, feeling their stares on the back of my head.

"Hi, I'm your waitress for the day-"

"Venus? Like the planet?" Baldy asked as he sat in his booth, his friend sitting across. I frowned, yes my name was kind of strange. "Exactly like the planet," I replied. They each smirked, keeping their eyes on my name tag . . . or rather what was underneath it. Feeling annoyed, I pulled out my notepad from my apron.

"What can I get you two?"

"Just two waters to start with, Venus," Baldy said, leaning on the table. I pretended to write it down before walking away. I went to the counter, and into the kitchen, catching my breath. Try as I might, those two men were intimidating.

"Hey, Moira," I called as she held a plate of pancakes in her hands. She stared at me with a bored expression. "Want to switch tables?" I asked. She smirked, and lifted up her eyebrows. Her black eyeshadow wrapped around the tops and bottoms of her eyes, and her ruby red lipstick never failed to stay on her thin lips.

"No way tuts," she said, before turning around to serve more customers. I groaned, and searched for Will, who was sweet talking to a group of teenage girls. They all ogled over him, leaning in and giggling after he spoke. I sighed. Will was a good looking guy, and we'd been friends for a while, I knew how he was with girls.

"Hello? Venus?"

I jumped at my name. Our cook, Dennis, handed me two waters, though I could've gotten them myself. He smiled and went back to work. I sighed and gathered up my courage to serve to hulking men their waters.

Walking over, I set them down and ignored the men's stares.

The door dinged, causing me to look over to see a group of 5 walk in. Great, this must be my new table 4. Hopefully they wouldn't begin to feel the need to become artists.

But oh no, it wasn't a family with screaming brats, it was a group of 5 men. Even they looked intimidating. Jesus, was this a gang gathering or something? All of them were attractive, and had great physique. The one in the front was something different. He reeked of authority and domination.

His eyes were so dark, almost black. He had broad shoulders, and everything about him was masculine, and almost powerful. His eyes scanned the room, and in an instant, we were staring at each other. I gasped lightly, and turned my back on them and focused on my table at hand.

Baldy and the other guy were were staring at me, then at the table of 5 guys.

"Uh, I'll be with you shortly-" I told them, before scurrying into my safe haven of kitchen and hid. I took deep breaths. Why I felt so nervous all the sudden, I wasn't sure. I stared at them through the doors, and noticed they sat at table four. Great, they were mine to serve. I flattened my apron against my dress and took another breath to soothe my nerves.

I have it! I'll count to three, and then I'll go!

1, 2 , 2.1, 2.2 . . . I frowned and suddenly just pushed the doors opened and began to walk to towards their table. When one of them guys looked at me, I felt like I forgot how to walk, now I was concentrating on walking, God, now I looked like an idiot who just learned how to walk!

Stopping at their table, I ignored their stares and pulled out my notepad.

"Can I, Oh, my name, I'll be your server today, my name is Venus, can I get you guys started on any drinks?" I asked, feeling my palms begin to sweat. The man with the dark eyes stared at me, and though I didn't return the favor after a second, I knew he kept on staring.

"Just waters for now," He said. I stared at him, and he stared right back. For just a second, I forgot about the others at the table. But the clear of a throat from my other table caught my attention. Baldy was giving this man one hell of a sneer.

"Oh, just a second, I'll be right out with those waters," I told him, and turned my back. That was so weird, and that alone was an understatement. I quickly walked to my booth a few tables over.

"Can I get anything started for you guys?" I asked, trying to keep my breathing under control. Baldy stared at his friend, who was smirking at me. His facial features sent a shiver up my spine.

"Cheeseburger for me," the one said. Baldy grinned.

"So uh, I happen to notice that something I want isn't on the menu," Baldy said with a frown. I raised an eyebrow. "Oh, my name is Diego, this is Wilson."

"It's . . . nice to meet you," I lied. Suddenly my heart froze and my stomach fell. Diego . . . Wilson . . . Wilson, Diego . . Oh my God, that man on the phone! I felt my breathing pick up again. Something was off about these two.

"Oh, I-I'll, I'm sorry, what is it you want?" I asked, taking a small step back.

"I don't see your name on here," He said with a wink. Bile rose in my throat as I faked laughter.

"Oh, okay well I'll see about your burger, sir," as I turned to flee, a hand shot out and grasped my wrist. I turned in fear, seeing Diego begin to hover over me.

"C'mon, a sweet body like that shouldn't go to waste," He said with a grin. I was about to say something, whether it be smart or not, but I felt a figure loom over my shoulder. I stared into Diego's eyes, then to Wilson's, who were no longer locked on me. I lightly turned in confusion but the same man from that dastardly table four was now here. Right next to me. I held my breath.

"Let go," He rumbled, and immediately, Diego released his hold on me.

"Excuse me," Marge's voice appeared from nowhere. We all turned to face her. "There a problem?" she asked, staring at the four of us. I was speechless, and I was still holding my breath. Apparently he seemed to notice.

"Breathe," he whispered in my ear, his breath fanning my ear. He backed away in an instant and glared at Diego.

"Not at all," Wilson said, getting up from the table. I looked at them in complete and utter horror. Diego got up, gave one last odd look at the man, then left, his partner following. I stared at my wrist, and began to rub it, unaware of how hard Diego grabbed it.

"Demetri Williams, always a pleasure," Marge said with a wink and smile. I frowned at the ridiculous flirt of a 50 year old. Demetri nodded before he turned his back to me.

"Sorry for the trouble Marge," He said and went to sit with his friends who were, as of now, looking at me like I was a show pony. Marge grabbed my arm and dragged me back through the double doors and into the kitchen.

"Venus, are you okay?" She asked, cupping my face with her fake nails. I nodded, and finally took a breath after holding it. "What the fuck just happened?" Moira asked, walking in to see me. "Creeps, that's all."

"You okay?" she asked. If it had been anyone else, Moira would've told them to stick it, put on their big girl panties, and deal with it. "Yeah, just shaken up. Who's Demetri Williams?" I asked them. Moira sighed and glanced at Marge.

"Trouble."

And with that, Marge ushered Moira to take my shift and give me the day off.

-

"Honestly though, who is he?" I asked, gurgling down my beer. It trickled down my throat, leaving behind a memory of its apple flavor. Will did the same.

"I mean, there's so many rumors that no one really knows much about him. One thing is for sure, he's fine as hell," Moira said with a dreamy look. Will scoffed and leaned back on my couch. After our shifts, I invited the two over to my cubicle of an apartment to drink away the night.

"Oh please, he's not that attractive," Will said, popping a chip into his mouth.

"Um, yeah, he is," Both Moira and I said, and laughed.

"No really, I heard some weird shit last summer," Moira said as she twirled her long pointed earrings. Will leaned in, obviously ready to hear some of Moira's famous towns people gossip. I rolled my eyes. Who didn't enjoy a bit of gossip?

"So like, last year Mrs. Ratworth's cat went missing and like, two weeks later they found it with it's organs sprawled all over her lawn."

"Who the shit would do that to Mrs. Ratworth? She's like 80 and wears night gowns during the day," I pointed out. "What's that even have to do with Demetri?" Will asked as he sipped his beer. Moira rolled her eyes and huffed.

"Her neighbor said she saw Demetri lurking around where the cat went missing. Coincidence?"

"That's stupid," Will stated, and I for one agreed.

"Okay, how about this one then; there's a rumor he runs a gang, and he's like the leader or some shit."

"Hm, that seems more plausible," I said with a chuckle, beginning to feel a buzz.

"Yeah and like, drugs and crazy shit. Even shit I haven't done before," Moira said, and suddenly dozed off, as if remembering her life before now. I frowned. She tilted her head back and downed the rest of her beer.

"Damn it, Ve, you're out of beer," Moira growled as she examined her beer bottle. "Yeah yeah, I'll go get some more. I need tampons anyways-"

"My ears!" Will shrieked. I laughed.

That got Moira on a rant on feminism as I stepped out of the door.

-

"Hm, Budweiser? Weak," I said to myself as I browsed the liquor section. "Hm, Fireball . . . Nah, that just tells people I'm in high school. Honey Jack?" I frowned, not sure what to buy. Instead of liquor I found myself buying a Haagendaz peanut butter ice cream and plastic spoon.

After I paid, I walked outside, welcoming the cold air. I frowned and stared at the dark street. The walk was 10 minutes, but if I went past some of the stores I could get home faster. I glanced around to make sure there weren't any creeps around before I began my trek.

I hugged my arms and allowed the bag to clink against my stomach. Damn it was cold. I reached the edge of the street and made my way in between two stores. Stepping towards it, I turned my back, noticing the street was much more quiet than before. The trees didn't rustle a single bit. Odd. Maybe it's just because of my buzz. Shrugging, I walked on.

Half way through the small alley, a car pulled from before. I froze, and paused to listen. The doors opened, then closed.

"I fucking told you, you fucking bloat!" One man said, his British accent hitting hard. I held my breath and forced myself not to move a muscle.

"Wilson and I had it handled-"

"You had it handled? You moron, does this look fucking handled to you?!" He screamed. "He's going to find out about Logan, afterall he is his little brother! Because of you and Wilson, you fucking idiots, we're on the top of that man's fucking list!"

"We got rid of an obstacle, just like you said!"

"Now you added at least 40 of them! He's the fucking Alpha, you know better!"

I began to feel my stomach drop. I had to get out of here, but one movement could give me away. How could I do this while being buzzed? I began to lightly back away, but my foot hit against an empty bottle, causing it to clink against the building. Oh God, I was so dead!

Their conversation came to an end. "The fuck?" Diego asked aloud. Oh God, oh God. "Oy, you there!" The British one shouted. Adrenaline pumped through my veins and I took off, dropping the bag of ice cream.

Their footsteps followed suit and were gaining on me. I turned the corner but didn't make it far at all. "Let go of me!" I screamed, but two huge arms were wrapped around me, swinging me back and forth as I squirmed.

"You bitch!" He shouted, and slammed me against the wall. I let out a scream, but the man covered my mouth. Diego stood behind him.

"Tyrese, that's the girl from the diner!"

Tyrese stared at me, and pulled something out of his pocket, shoving it towards my neck. A blade!

"Oh, you're a pretty little thing, ain't you?"

"Please, please, I- I won't tell, please let me go," I whispered, a tear sliding off my cheek. Tyrese growled. Actually growled. Like an animal. I shrank back, but the wall prevented me from doing so.

"You think I'm just going to let that little move over there slide? Props to you for hiding, but your running could use a little bit of work. Here's what I'll do," He pressed the blade against my throat even more. "You can take off your shirt, and keep your mouth shut," He said with a grin. I began to scream and cry, but he held a hand over my mouth.

However, it all happened in a flash. In two seconds, he was on the ground and Diego was being beaten. I doubled over, coughing and catching my breath. I stared in horror as Tyrese got up and raced towards the man who tackled him. But he was much faster.

Wait a second. I squinted in the dark. It was him, Demetri! He was insane, and it was like I was watching a movie. Punch after punch, dodge after dodge, it was like nothing fazed him. The two men were on the ground, still and unmoving.

Demetri made his way to me, but I scooted farther away from him. His eyes were cold and dark like before, but held a welcome. I stared at the men on the ground. "A-are they dead?" I whispered.

"No." He held his hand out to me. I examined it. "It's just a hand. Hurry, before they wake up," He said gruffly. I gulped and took a deep breath, taking his hand and standing up. My legs felt like overcooked spaghetti. I nearly tumbled over, but he kept a firm hold on my arm.

"Come with me," He said. I glanced behind us at the two guys on the ground. It was either with him, or them, and right now, I was going to choose the mysterious Bruce Lee.

He guided us through the rest of the alley, and back onto the street. I said nothing, and neither did he. "I can drive you home if you'd like," He said, staring at me with intensity. That look made me stare at my hands. "I don't even know you, and, and for all I know you could run a gang or kill cats in your free time," I said. I covered my mouth, did I really just say that? Damn this buzz.

He chuckled, a sound that my ears didn't seem to mind. "That's true, you don't know me. But after saving you from two idiots I think you can assume I'm not here to hurt you," He replied. We began to walk down the street, and to my apartment.

"What did they want?" I asked him. He sighed and stared at the night sky.

"Probably just your money. Muggers, thugs, thieves, you know," He said, but he didn't look me in the eye. But that man, he let out a strange noise from his throat, it almost wasn't human.

"Venus right?" He asked, putting his hands in his pockets. I nodded. "Demetri, right?" I retorted. He smiled lightly.

"Demetri Williams."

"Venus Skaarsgard," I replied. He raised his brows. "That's one hell of a name, Venus Skaarsgard," he said, as if tasting the words on his tongue. I got a tingle down my spine.

"Apparently my grandma was named Venus," I replied. "Lucky grandma," He said. I smiled, and said nothing. I stared at him as we walked. He had a strong jaw, dark semi curly hair, and had - as I said before - a masculine build. He had, as Moira would say, a face that could drop some panties. And here I was, with a buzz, and in my pajamas.

"Thank you," I said as we came to my apartment. He nodded. "Wait, you were there right in time," I said, standing in front of him. "Lucky timing," he retorted, with a mischievous smirk. I studied him.

"You're welcome," he said. I watched him turn his back and walk back down the street, his hands in his pockets. He was a mystery. Then again, wasn't almost everyone in this God forsaken town?

Oh hi hehe

Soo, I just wanted to try this out, is it worth writing more??

Hope you guys liked the first chapter! Please vote and tell me what you think in the comments!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

83 7 1
A waitress and a werewolf share early morning conversations as the wolf comes in starving from her past transformation and the waitress tries to figu...
48.1K 2.3K 24
On an island humans have dubbed Purgatory, lives all manner of creatures that go bump in the night. Desirae, the new vampire Queen, must choose a wer...
107K 2.2K 52
Hello there. updates will be very slow. there will be smut, fluff, strong language and others (I will be putting a warning before, not for fluff obvi...
696 326 24
VENUS SHIRE: Once in her career time, she feel scared to death. She can't understand what was happening now. She doesn't know what to do yet, all she...