All To Myself [one direction]

By _killerqueen_

[COMPLETED] What if you're just an ordinary girl who frankly gets irritated by everything. Well, that person... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36 - letter 1
Chapter 36 - letter 2
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Epilogue

Chapter 10

995 46 14
By _killerqueen_

"We caught the wrong train, Monroe." I huffed, as we stood in front of a map of the London underground. "I told you, we were meant to take this train to the Hammersmith Apollo." I pointed at a different line.

But it did no use, Monroe wasn't listening. She was pacing. Yes, Monroe had drawn her hands over her face and was pacing up and down behind me, muttering to herself as she did so.

"Monroe?" I questioned as I spun around slowly, looking around and seeing people giving her weird looks. Monroe was used to getting those looks -I even gave her some myself since knowing her- but standing in a station packed full of people, it looked a tad suspicious.

"Oh my gosh, we're gonna be late! We're gonna be late!" She began to slide down her hands making her face drag along with her.

"We're not going to be late," We definitely were going to be late. I remember looking at the time that it took to get to our destination -fifteen minutes; the gig started in five. "Look, if we run to the next platform we could make it!" I tried to sound encouraging as I dragged Monroe in the direction of the correct platform.

"I'm not going so see Niall. A second chance of meeting him is just going to slip through my fingers..." She began to murmur, but I ignored her comments as I squinted across the tunnel, hoping to see the light that indicated the train's arrival. "He's gonna marry someone else, and he'll forget all about me..." More people began to gather around, and I began to internally pray that Monroe would stop making such a scene, "Oh my gosh, what am I gonna do? Might just have to jump off a cliff! There wouldn't be any point of me living anymore, let's just turn back Dion."

A woman next to me, brought down her newspaper to examine us as she heard Monroe's dying wish. I shot Monroe a look, not enjoying the attention at all.

"I'm gonna kill whoever steals my man." Monroe added as she shook her head. She began to sniffle as she tried to avoid the tears that were forming in her eyes. I rolled my eyes at her dramatic performance and sighed agitated as the woman mumbled under her breath, before looking back at her newspaper. I wanted to apologise to her, but it wasn't anything I've personally done so I stayed quiet.

"It's here!" The forceful breeze battled with my bun ruffling the loose ends of hair, as the train swooshed into view. I took hold of Monroe's sleeve and stepped forward waiting for the doors to open.

Once inside, Monroe immidiately stopped crying and turned to look at me intently, "I'm Niall's favourite fan!" Her turn of conversation sometimes baffled me, especially after having just heard that she wanted to throw herself off a cliff.

"That's great, Monroe." I nodded indifferently as I quickly sat on one of the empty seats and brought Monroe to sit next to me, before someone else did.

"I can't believe this is happening," she whispered, as she looked down at her lap and I noticed she was shaking. "I'm gonna see the Niall Horan..."

"You are." I mumbled back, keeping a watchful eye on her as she began to hyperventilate. I swallowed and looked at the people standing around; they were thankfully distracted by other things: books, iPods, newspapers, etc.

"Oh my gosh! OH MY GOSH!" Monroe began to get more excited, probably the idea had finally gotten through to her and she couldn't believe it. She looked at me, grinning as she ran her hands over her hair. "Do I look attractive enough?"

Her bold gestures were becoming more noticeable and heads began to turn curiously at us.

"Sure." I said quietly hinting at her to bring her voice down too. I tapped on her leg as she ignored my indication, and mumbled to shush because people were looking at us.

"Dion, have I told you that you worry too much?" She blinked at me, as she moved her leg so I would stop touching her. A chuckle escaped her, before taking out a glossy lipbalm from her pocket. "Hello!" My eyes widened as Monroe exclaimed to the woman in front of her, who just happened to be the same one that had mumbled under her breath.

The woman didn't respond and raised an eyebrow questionably.

"I'm seeing One Direction again!" She beamed as she put down her lipbalm and pursed her lips before popping them.

"Who?" The woman replied as she curled her lip, giving Monroe a stern look.

"What are you doing?" I leaned to whisper in my best friend's ear. What was she doing? I figured she was doing it on purpose, just so I would lay off and stop trying to control her. But I wasn't doing it on purpose, she gave me no choice! She knew exactly how this attention made me feel, and yet she decided to talk to a stranger; in a packed train, when everyone was quiet, and I was the only one worrying about her actions.

"One Direction!" Monroe shot back to the woman, ignoring my question completely. "The band?"

"I'm sorry..." I muttered apologetically to the lady, before taking hold of Monroe's arms and turning her to face me. "Monroe, you're acting like a loonatic! What are you doing?"

"I can't believe she doesn't know who One Direction are!"

"Stop it, Monroe." I warned her before she pulled back her arms, sighing displeased. "What did I tell you before we left the house?"

As I asked the question, I realised I was talking to her as though she was a small child. But Monroe, was indeed acting as thus and her behaviour gave me no choice but to tell her off.

"To not embarrass myself, blah, blah, blah." She waved her hands around and leaned back in her seat, though her legs were still shaking with the excitement that still flowed inside her.

"Exactly," I smiled nodding in agreement.

"I don't feel embarrassed at all..." She mumbled in a casual tone, "Don't forget to Google who they are!" She leaned forwards as she shouted to the woman who was now getting off, and as she slouched back on the seat she muttered, "stupid woman."

"You're embarrassing me," I forced a smile to the people that were looking at us bizarrely.

"And I already told you that you worry too much," she shook her head and crossed her legs. "Whatever."

And for the rest of the journey, Monroe remained silent, even though she was still radiating excitement through her body. She would randomly smile to herself and laugh silently as she played with a thought in her head; I ignored her knowing that she was already crazy.

Our stop came, and we got off. The weather was still chilly, but the sun was out making a warm breeze blow past us every now and again.

"We're late!" Monroe flailed as she saw that there was no longer a queue outside the venue. "I told you, oh my gosh." Her hands dragged over her face again, as she began cursing under her breath.

"Maybe nobody showed up!" I tried to add humour to the situation, as a way of avoiding the uncomfortable feeling that was building inside my stomach; but Monroe, didn't laugh at all. "Alright, let's go."

As we neared the entrance, Monroe began hyperventilating again. Her eyes were wide awake as music began flaring through the walls, even though it was still faint. But as we got near a security guard, a thought occured to me; how were we supposed to get inside? Zayn hadn't given us any tickets, we literally just came here counting solemnly on his words.

"Hello..." I breathed as I reached the security guard. Monroe wasn't making things easier for me, she was shaking and jumping sporadically.

The guard had bold features, you could make out his profession even if he wasn't in his uniform. He had his arms crossed and feet apart, towering over us.

"We're here to see the show," I explained, "but I'm afraid we don't-"

"You Dion?" He asked, obviously expecting that name to come up to him. I nodded quickly, relief flooding through me. "We've been expecting you."

"You have?" I mumbled almost to myself, as my stomach flipped restessly. Zayn Malik must have told them to keep a lookout for us; Cher suddenly popped in my mind, and I wondered how she would have reacted if the guard had told her those words. She would have probably been fangirling just as Monroe was doing, but perhaps not as much as she was.

Monroe was panting beside me, her hands shaking uncontrollably. The guard looked at her suspiciously, maybe not quite sure if we were gatecrashers or the real people.

"This is my friend, Monroe," I added quickly, "she's a huge fan of the boys, Zayn invited us-"

"Follow me." He ordered and we did as we were told. The mention of Zayn's name must have reassured him as we went through doors and corridors, leading us to the show. The music began to thump louder as we got closer to the action. One Direction's voices could be heard, and Monroe already had tears in her eyes as the guard approached the entrance doors.

Getting closer made me quite nauseous, I really wasn't ready to see the boys again. I felt my palms sweat and I kept bringing them over my trousers to rid it. Gladly, Monroe hadn't noticed my discomfort as she was too busy showing her enthusiasm. Her blonde locks bounced on her shoulders as she jumped on her toes, cheering even though we were still outside the room.

Suddenly, and quite ironically the doors opened and the quite familiar song began plyaing.

"You're turning heads when you walk through the door,"

Monroe went wild -that was the nicest word I could describe her with again. She was shouting and her hands were shaking; but Monroe wasn't the only one doing this. The room was packed with hormonal teenage girls, flailing and screaming as they sang along with the boys.

"Here you are," the guard caught my attention again as he lead us to the row with our seats. "I would have taken you backstage, but you're late." He leaned forward to whisper in my ear, as the loudness around us made it unbearable to communicate properly.

"That's fine," I mumbled before he turned and left us alone. Two seats were reserved quite near to the stage, it was right in the middle; we had to shuffle our way past the audience to get to them. Monroe had her eyes peeled on Niall, and so I had to drag her along to her seat.

"I love you Niall!" Monroe braught her hands to form an 'o' around her mouth as she screamed the words. I gave up in trying to control her, so I let her do it.

"Everyone else in the room can see it, Everyone else but you,"

I stood up, watching the crowd around me. It was as though they were hypnotised; their eyes carried a dreamy quality as they stared at the stage ahead. My head was already critising their obsession when the uncomfortable feeling in my stomach took hold of my senses. I tried to shake my head, focusing on Monroe's words that I worry too much. Maybe I did, worry too much. But I only did it because I wasn't used to the current circumstances.  

I breathed, and tilted my head so I can look at One Direction perform.  

"To prove I'm right, I put it in a song," My eyes looked at Zayn singing the song. My mind travelled to when he sang the song at our school, and the way he would look at me as he did so. From afar, I was glad this wasn't happening at the moment; I was lost around people and the lights were dimmed.  

I tried to look at him with eyes of a fan, but I couldn't bring myself to copy the admiration they carried behind their looks. I quickly gave up, and turned to look at the rest of the boys. All of them were enthusiastic with the response of the crowd; my eyes were hesitant to turn to look at one of them especially. But I soon convinced myself that he couldn't spot me from where I was, and slowly turned to look at Harry Styles.  

The memory of him cupping my chin and singing the last line of this song to me rushed back, and as he looked vaguely across the crowd, I thought he had spotted me; thankfully he hadn't, and I gently uncurled my fist that had formed from the anxiety that was coursing through my mind if he had seen me.  

I then turned to look at Zayn again, and this time I noticed something different in him. He wasn't smiling like the rest of them. A kind of sadness had invaded his features, and a thought was playing in his mind.  

"NIALL!" I shivered as I turned to look at Monroe who had shouted the name. Monroe hadn't even realised that I was looking at her, but as I turned my head back to look at the stage, I saw that one person noticed the shout.  

Zayn's eyes suddenly locked on mine, as he stood staring right at our seats. A shiver ran down my spine, but I didn't turn away; his reaction overwhelmed me completely. The sadness had vanished immidiately and had been replaced instead with surprise. His mouth was slighty apart as his eyes sparkled with cheerfulness.  

Some of the girls in row in front of us tunred around to look at what Zayn was staring at. My vision snapped away from his as I looked at more heads turning around; I felt my lungs begin to tighten as they stood there perplexed unable to understand why I had caused such a reation with their idol. Monroe too, had realised and looked beside me.  

"Make them stop," I begged though my voice was faltering from the nervousness that was building inside me.  

"I can't make Zayn stop; he's been struck by Cupid." And as I shot her a warning look, I saw her giggling to herself before ignoring me again.  

Zayn's eyes were still on me as he squinted through the dim darnkess around us, trying to see if it was really me standing there. His lips slowly pulled into a smile as my eyes met his again. I knew I had surprised him with my presence; he probably convinced himself I wasn't going to show up.  

"Baby you light up my world like nobody else,"

The last chorus made me feel quite dizzy as Zayn suddenly began to sing with the boys; the smile was plastered on his face as he continued to happily continue with the lyrics. And just as he turned away, his eyes thoughtful, I sunk into my seat. looked down at my hands on my lap; the elation in his features as he saw me standing there was all my mind was thinking about. I couldn't stop the happiness in his eyes to stop playing, and as I tried to focus on my fingers I realised I was shaking.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------  

So what do you think? Please comment with your thoughts on the chapter, I absolutely adore hearing from you guys. I do! So please don't forget to comment. ps. The picture at the side, is just Zayn's reaction to seeing Dion. Don't die on me now, when you see it hahah c:

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

787 14 12
HEY GUYS! THIS IS STORY NUMBER 2 I HOPE THIS ONE IS MORE REALISTIC THAN THE OTHER ONE! IN THIS ONE I WOULD LIKE ALL OF YOU GUYS TO COMMENT WITH IDEAS...
86.5K 687 22
All preferences from tumblr.
246 4 14
What if you were a part of one direction? Which of them was your first love? I'm Lily Jones, and this is my story. Join the story of my life reading...
145K 1.6K 34
Just a bunch of One Direction preferences