Black velvet

By six-flaws

if you've ever read fifty you'll see how I got the main idea of Zayn being a rich God from there. I've read t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43 -Part 1
Chapter 43 Part 2
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Silence is a scary sound
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
private
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
hi
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Long time no see...Chapter 73?

Chapter 54

8.8K 421 188
By six-flaws

Commentttttttt

_________________________
I feel so tiny with my big heels and my dark dress in this gigantic hall.
Everyone's rushing from one place to another, with something to do. I'm just here like 'hey, I'm Livvs, new girl'.

I'm so excited about this job. Las night I managed to schedule his whole week. Pep had jottled down everything he should be doing for the next month. He had organised it like it were a shopping list.

Most of the things coincide with other meetings, which means I'll have to make a ton of calls to see if there's a way to get him everywhere.

I haven't had a purpose in ages, so although this is all about someone else, I'm ready and completly looking forward to it.

"There's my girl!" a voice beams from behind me.

Mr. Philip Clapton is making his way towards me, similar clothes to yesterday, just a blue shirt instead of plain white.

"Good morning," I smile when he squeezes me against his side.

His arm and chest is much firmer than I'd imagined.

Actually, I don't think I had stopped and stared in that way.

It's expected though, Dan's pretty fit and his dad isn't that bad for his age... Did I really just think that? Oh God, I need a Zayn dose tonight.

"Right, I need you to chose next month's background for the section I run, don't get me wrong," he says while rushing into the lift. "I've got an idea and I've already designed the whole thing, I just need you to chose between two."

I follow him into the lift and nod trying to keep up with his babbling.

"What section do you run?" I ask without much more to say.

"The culture... I only really need you to give me the thumbs up for a couple pages, but this is my first number being ahead of the culture," he explains taking a deep breath before walking out the lift.

"Are you alright?" I question following him around and grabbing a copy of the magazine that was layed on a table.

He walks through a big glass door at the end of the corridor and I only realise it's his office when I'm in it.

"Yeah, yeah, just my usual hyper-self, you'll get used to it," he chuckles sitting behind the big glass desk.

I balance my weight on both legs for a few seconds, and finally convince myself to sit.

There's a couple of big, very comfortable looking chairs, on the other side of his desk. Both of Zayn's offices had two chairs to receive people two. Although Zayn's were much bigger than this... Way bigger.

I take a seat on one of the big chairs and flip the pages in the magazine until I see the culture section.

Geez. It's like half the magazine...

"That's where you're working, love," Pep says.

I look up from the magazine and see him pointing at the other half of the desk. Actually, it's more like a second desk, joined to his, exactly the same though, it's just missing the two chairs on the other side.

"Next to you?" I ask a bit uncertain.

I don't think personal assistants work next to their boss... I was expecting another desk maybe, but just smaller and kind of ... Away?

"Of course next to me!" He exclaims pushing the chair I'm meant to be sitting in, apparently. "I need you to be part of me and my job, you've got to understand me to perfection Olivia," he mumbles while concentrating on the screen of his laptop.

"Livvy's okay," I say just before sitting at my new spot.

"Check this out Livvy," he says pointing at the screen.

*

"No Sir, Thursday would be impossible," I quickly pass on to the next page and scan it slightly. "How does a brunch on Friday sound?" I offer.

"Where would this take place?" The grumpy man asks after changing his plans for the sixth time.

"Mr. Clapton's favourite place, I can assure you will love it," I try to convince him to end this.

"Fine, I'll be waiting for the details," his foreign accent says.

"Have a lovely day," I say trying to sound as lovely as possible.

Right, that's Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday organised... Jesus this is going to do my headin. Sunday's are my day off, unless there's something unusual happening. Pep did say once I'm settled and comfortable I'll be able to decide when and where I should be.

He never said I'm meant to be here today or any day of the week but just because he's nice like that, if I didn't come in I wouldn't know what is going on.

_________
You:
Favourite place to brunch?
__________

Pep's got me a new phone just for work and I feel all professional. Thinking about it, I don't really need the kind of pressure a job like this can give intruding my whole life, and I'm guessing Pep knows that already.

______________
Pep:
The pink palm tree.
Are you taking me out? lol, x
______________
You:
Maybe if you're good Mr. Muñoz will!
You should be heading to Soho, meeting's at 4pm
________________
Pep:
Congrats, you're bossier than the boss love, x
________________

I'm so pleased he's normal. He was even a bit nervous for the background when, for what I've seen, he's managed to put together half of the magazine Time Europe.

His family must be proud of him, I hope his proud of himself too.

It's funny how lives just roll into a whole new thing when you're older. No one ever knows for sure what's going to happen.

I wonder what will Jacob end up doing. Whatever he does I'll be proud cause I'm just that emotional mess you never want to meet.

I haven't heard from him since he got over there, I just know he got there safe.

"Hello?" Johanna's voice greets me on the line.

"Hi there, having a good Saturday?" I ask.

She's probably stuck with Félicité's usual Saturday visit where she forces everyone to go out for a picnic. It could be raining or snowing, that picnic would still be happening.

Oh yes, been there, done that.

"Oh yes, just a bit tiring, Lottie's out so it's a little less of a help for the day," she explains in her calming peaceful voice.

Her voice gives this lovely aura that just makes everything seem much better.

"Is she? She never skips Saturday!" I exclaim with a frown while putting the papers together.

"She went to see some friends though, never mind, how's your day, chicken?"

"It's my first day at work," I beam through the line knowing she'll appreciate me sharing.

"Oh how lovely, Livvy! Has it been okay? What are you doing?" She asks interested.

"I'm a Personal assistant, and yeah it's been a good day, I'm looking forward to this new start Johanna," I say a bit more quietly.

"You'll do perfectly fine darling, just don't get too involved or it'll suck your life..." She explains and she's definitely noding her head. "Is it well payed?"

"I know, I know, I'll do my best," I shut the agendas. "Very well," I smile proudly.

"Good, good, good," she sing sangs.

"Jo, have you heard about the boys?" I ask suddenly tapping my foot.

"Uh, no, I haven't actually, you could probably give them a ring tonight love," she says.

I could, Jacob's iPad's at home so I can facetime them I guess.

"I will! Have to go now," I rush getting up and checking the time.

"Okay then Livvy, take care of yourself."

"You too Jo, say hello to everyone for me," I tell her just before exchanging goodbyes and putting the phone down.

*

Zayn had mentioned he'd be at his office, so I took the chance and the lift in the building I'd been at before.

"Uh, excuse me, can I see Zayn Malik?" I ask a girl at the front desk of his floor.

Zayn had explained how most of these floors belonged to different people, and were all used for different purposes.

"Uh, give me your name, please," she mumbles after offering me a look.

"Miss Anderson," I tell her leaning my elbow on her high desk.

"Excuse me," she waves her hand to make me move my arm.

I take my arm down and roll my eyes. She presses what I'm assuming is an intercom and looks straight into my eyes.

"Sir, there's a girl here to see you," she says with a higher tone than the one she used with me.

At least the caramel eyed God is in.

"Dismiss," I hear him say just before she takes her finger off.

"You've heard him," the bimbo says with a shrug.

"You didn't tell him who I was," I say with a slight frown.

What is she even attempting? It's being pathetic.

"Mr. Malik is very busy right now," she tells me taking her seat and typing on a keyboard.

Goodness...

"Listen, I don't have time for this," I mutter walking away and letting myself in.

"You can't pass!" She tells me from the desk.

I turn around to her just to make sure she's actually being this ridiculous. I get she has to stop anyone for coming in, but come on! It's not like he's that busy.

"What's going on?" He says from behind me.

I turn on my feet feet and catch his deep frown turn into a bright smile, his eyes softening.

"Zayn," I greet suddenly shy. "Apparently you're too busy to see me?"

"I doubt that day will come," he whispers.

Zayn's hands creep around to the small of my back and press me to his front.

"Do you have a secretary for every day?" I whisper drawing an imaginary line with my thumb, from his forehead to the nape of his neck.

"I'm still waiting for the perfect one," he says against my lips, making a shiver invade my body.

I kiss his lips, slowly opening his mouth, time and space disappearing for what may be two seconds, but I'd like to believe were two hours.

"Don't bring your girls to work Zayn," a female voice says from inside his office, interrupting my dream.

I pull myself apart from his mouth and lean my hand on his chest.

"Excuse me?" Slips my lips before I even process anything.

"Don, this is Olivia," Zayn introduces me, his wide hand holding me by the hip.

"Cute," the girl says coming out the office and not even offering me a second glance.

I frown studying Zayn's face and just feel even more confused when I see him smiling drowsly.

"Don, be nice, please," he tells the girl. "I thought she could join us for dinner tonight."

She arches one of her thin eyebrows and looks back at me.

Her long black hair is up in some elegant way. She's wearing a long green material that makes her eyes look brighter.

"What for?" She asks looking at me but still through me.

"Why are you being so rude?" I ask the girl, pushing Zayn's hand off me.

I watch her eyes study my moves and how they stare at Zayn for a bit too long.

"I'd recommend you to stay away from her," she mutters with disgust before turning and walking straight to the lift.

"Who do you think you are to judge me?!" I shout down the corridor.

I've just noticed the girl at the desk has been watching the whole scene. Zayn should provide her some popcorn.

"Don't talk to her like that Olivia..." Zayn tells me.

I'd expect a firm angry voice for a sentence like that for him, but no. It came out carefully, as if he was scared or warning me.

"Did you see how she treated me?" I ask him pointing at the lift. "Who is she?"

"She's my sister... She's just a bit difficult," he says with a shy chuckle.

Does he honestly find this funny?!

"You're a bit difficult Zayn, she's rude and disrespectful!" I tell him folding my arms over my chest.

He brushes his hair back and shakes his head taking a deep breath.

"Do you honestly think it's okay to talk to people the way she just did? For no reason!" I ask trying to understand why is he acting as if I'm the weird one.

"She's been through a lot..." He excuses her.

"So? Still not a reason to treat me like I'm nothing..." I mumble. "I'm not blaming you for it, I just don't understand why you think she has the right to talk to anyone like that?"

"It's just how she is," he explains with a sudden smirk.

"What the... ? Ugh, I'll ring you later" I mumble walking down the hall to the lift.

"You're gonna leave in a strop? Grow up, Olivia!" He exclaims and his attitudes changed, he's probably sending daggers my way right now.

If may be childish but I'm not letting anyone treat me like I'm less than I am. I'm certainly not staying around if he's not even capable of admitting she shouldn't have done that. Not just that, he defended her!

Another quiet evening for Miss Anderson.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

196K 4.5K 36
Harry could tell he was upset. He denied it, but Harry knew, Harry always knew. He wanted to comfort him, but couldn't take the chance of someone see...
2.2K 72 11
//Completed// Harry Styles, he's not like every average 19 year old, no his family is rich, you'd think with a rich family you can do whatever you wa...
169K 7K 33
[COMPLETED] ❝To know what life is worth, you have to risk it once in a while.❞ Alexandra Holt and Zayn Malik are from different worlds. Alexandra h...
975K 34.7K 41
"You think you can come onto my field and talk to me like you own this place?" He yells and I see a couple figures jump from his reaction, and I don'...