A Wonderful Life~A Richard Ar...

By Lemons_and_Oranges

Dr. Hayley Armitage had been married to her wonderful husband, Richard (yes, the amazing actor that starred i... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3

Chapter 4

458 10 3
By Lemons_and_Oranges

A/N: I am so very absolutely sorry it has been so long since I last updated! I have no real excuse for the long while to update except that I just finished my first year in college (yay me!), I've been job hunting (yuck), and most importantly (pertaining to this story), I've been having the worst case of writer's block ever. So, here's my best shot! If you've got any ideas, let me know!

Chapter 4:

It was late by the time Richard was done filming, and Toby was napping in my lap, and I was slowly dozing off in Richard's make-up trailer. I jumped when Richard and his make-up artist opened the door. Toby snorted in his sleep before falling into a deeper sleep.

Richard smiled softly at us before taking a seat in his chair to allow his artist to begin taking off the layers of prosthetics, "I got picked up this morning, so we can take that car you drove here in."

I nodded sleepily, "Okay. Do you wanna drive? Or-"

He chuckled and shook his head, "I'll drive, my love. You look more exhausted then I, and I was the one running all day."

I smirked tiredly, "You also weren't keeping up with our son all day though."

"That's true." He whispered as Toby shifted in my lap and wrapped his little arms around my neck. He looked at us lovingly, "I love you both so much."

I smiled as the artist peeled off his fake face, "We love you very much as well, baby."

"Daddy?" Toby said tiredly from my lap.

"Mm, son?" Richard replied as the prosthetics were taken away and all that was left was the make up around his eyes.

"Can we go back to our pretend home now? I'm tired."

Richard chuckled as his artist left and he stood up in the undershirt and boxers that he wore under his costume, "Very soon, son. I just need to get dressed."

Toby nodded sleepily before falling back asleep in my arms. I grinned up at my husband as he started to pull on his jeans, "You did a good job today."

He smiled softly and kissed me before reaching for his shirt, "Thank you. Tomorrow we're going to be filming outside the studio, so I suggest you and our son stay in town. I don't want you being run ragged like the rest of us, plus I honestly don't think there will be room."

I nodded in understanding, "Alrighty. I'll do that souvenir shopping I've been putting off since we got here."

He chuckled as he picked up his satchel messenger bag and led me out of the trailer, "Sounds like a plan. Here, let me take our son."

I handed off our two year old to his father, "Thank you. My arms are killing me."

He nodded with a grin, "Understandable. Listen, if I gave you my list of souvenirs for my mum, dad, and Chris and his family could you get those too? I do not think I'll have time to get them this time 'round."

"I can do that." I replied as I opened the back door of the car for Richard to put our son in his car seat.

"Awesome." He said under his breath as he buckled the sleeping toddler in.

He then opened the passenger door for me to get in, "Thank you, love."

He grinned and pecked me on the lips and replied, "Of course, my lady."

Once he was in the driver's seat and we were on the road, I looked over at him. I chuckled when I saw some left over plastic from his prosthetics. Reaching over, I started to peel it off, "Goodness...that stuff gets everywhere."

He laughed, "Yeah...thank you taking that off. I need to take a shower when we get back."

I nodded, "You really do."

He chuckled and shook his head as I continued to peel off the strip of plastic on his face, "You, know, babe, when they said 'some prosthetics' I thought that maybe they were going to make your ears bigger, maybe your nose...not your whole body. Like, really."

He laughed again, "You and me both love. You and me both."

Once I got the sticky plastic off, I put it on the napkin that was in the cup holder before leaning my head back on the seat at sighing.

He smiled as he glanced at me, "How are you?"

I shrugged and turned my head sideways to look at his profile as he drove, "I'm extremely proud of you."

His smile softened and he glanced over at me, "I'm pretty proud of you too, my darling. You have been so brave these last few years."

"So have you." I said simply, "Your bravery in taking on this role and pushing yourself to your limits is how I've managed to get this far. You're also so incredibly happy doing this and I would never dream of taking away your happiness. Plus, our son seems to be just as happy traveling with you."

He smiled happily as he stopped at a red light and looked at me, "I love you."

I smiled seriously at him, "I love you too. With all of my heart."

His smile became gentle as he took my hand and kissed it, "You and Toby mean everything to me, Hayley. I cannot I imagine my world without you two in it."

I leaned in and kissed his lips, "I can't imagine life without you either, baby. And I hate to say it, but the light's green."

His eyes went wide when he heard the car behind us honk loudly. I chuckled as he turned back to the steering wheel and hit the gas, "Thank you, love."

I nodded, "Of course, doll."

When we got to the hotel, Richard handed off our keys to the valet and grabbed his messenger bag while I grabbed my purse and Toby's diaper bag, along with Toby himself and then stepped onto the sidewalk to wait momentarily for Richard. Once Richard was with me, he led me and our sleeping son into the next available elevator.

As the elevator assistant closed the door and pressed our floor-floor 23-for us, I yawned and readjusted my son on my hip. Richard looked down at me and whispered, "Want me to take him?"

I shook my head and replied, "I don't want him to wake up."

He chuckled and nodded as the male, dark haired assistant looked over at Rich with wide eyes, "I'm so sorry to interrupt, but are you Richard Armitage?"

Rich, ever the modest one, blushed and nodded, "Yes."

"As in, Thorin Oakenshield?"

Rich nodded again, "Yes that is me. Do you want an autograph?"

The man patted his sides and frowned, "I do. I just don't have a pen and paper."

I smiled gently and looked at my husband and whispered, "I have a notebook and pen in my purse. Get it out and sign a page and give it to him, babe."

Rich nodded and started to rummage through my purse as the hotel employee grinned thankfully at me, "Thank you. You must be Mrs. Armitage."

I blushed and nodded, "Yes, that's me. What's your name?"

As Richard pulled out the pen and paper and looked up at the man, awaiting his name, he replied, "Kevin Louis. It's such an honor to meet you both."

I nodded, "It's great to meet you too, Kevin."

As Richard finished writing out his note and started to sign it, Kevin looked back at me, "Could you possibly sign it too, Mrs. Armitage?"

I blushed, "Sure. It just won't be very pretty, seeing as I'll be doing it one handed."

Kevin nodded, "Completely understandable."

After Richard was done signing, he gave me the pen so I could sign. After writing a little note, I slid the pen back in my purse and Rich tore off the paper to give to the fan.

As the doors opened to our floor, Rich put the notebook back in my purse and Kevin grinned at us, "Thank you both so much. Have a great night."

"You too, Kevin." I grinned as Rich led me off the elevator.

I smiled as we walked down the hotel hallway, "You're so nice to your fans. It makes me so happy."

He grinned as he put a hand on my lower back as we walked, "The only reason I am so nice to them is because they are so kind to you and Toby. I wouldn't be so kind if they were awful people."

"True." I replied.

As we arrived at our door and Rich unlocked it, he continued, "What shocks me is how kind you are to them. You have no real reason to be."

I shook my head, "I have every reason to be nice to them. They're usually very kind people who admire my husband, therefore they are my kind of people."

Rich followed me into Toby's room and helped me get him in pajamas. Our conversation was paused until we were lying in bed, the lights turned off. I thought our conversation was over as I closed my eyes, but Rich said softly, "Hayley?"

"Mm?" I whispered.

"I love you. Thank you so much for your support."

I rolled over onto his chest and opened my eyes to meet his, "And I love you, Richard. More than you will ever know."

He held me close, and kissed me softly. With that,we drifted off to sleep, smiled on our faces.AX

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

40.7M 1.1M 42
When Arianna marries billionaire Zach Price to save her family, she doesn't expect to fall in love with a man who'd always consider her a second choi...