Destiny

By xAtsukox

This is story of how I...Tomoya Fukoyama...came to be known as a guardian. "Everyone chooses there own destin... More

2700

16 0 0
By xAtsukox

Darkness.......all around me..........in front of me I see....not a man, but a creature instead. This creature has been standing upon me with wings and is taller than any human known.
As I continue to gaze upon this creature I notice that in my hand is a sword.......that seemingly seems to glow of darkness........darkness so evil that any light that would come in contact would diminish and be consumed.
As I look up at the creature upon me I see that this......monster seems to be wielding a sword, one that seems to be forged of anything but light but the darkness that seems to seep from this blade can be felt by not even touching it.

Before I could even see anything else the next thing I knew, i was waking up slowly.......but where?

"Guardian.....guardian.......wake up guardian." I can softly here the voice of something as my vision is blurry but slowly starts to clear up.

"Finally i found you!". In front of me I see what seems to be.....a drone a robot?

"Wha.......Where am I?" I ask to this...robot?

"Well it's hard to explain, things have changed a lot so, your gonna see things you won't understand yet." He says until suddenly in the distance I hear a sheering cry of not agony but of some creature that has found its prey.

Suddenly I look back at this robot in front of as he quickly explains everything to me.

"I'm a ghost, actually now I'm your ghost." He says as he looks back from where the cry came from.

"We're not safe here, this is fallen territory, we need to get you of here." It says.

"Hold still." He told me as I did so he suddenly disappeared from sight.

Suddenly I hear a voice.

"Don't worry I'm still with you, but let's get out of the open and inside." He said as I quickly see a what appeared to be a wall and I see a doorway and I start to run towards it as I hear the shrilling cry once more until I come up to darkness which is suddenly illuminated by my ghost.

"Move.....quietly...." He said quietly as I step very quietly trying to not make so much noise until I see an opening in the wall and I freeze as I see one of these "Fallen".

As I continued to traverse through the dark with ghost as a light source we came to a very, very large open area.

"Stay there while I try to get the power back on." He told me as I carefully walked around in the dark trusting my instincts.
"Great another one of these hardened military cores and a few years of entropy working against me..." He said as he suddenly found a power box source and the power came on slowly"

As soon as the lights came on I could see that I was in serious danger due to the amount of Fallen that was inside of this place.

"Quickly grab that rifle over there." He told me as I snapped back to the situation and saw a gate opening and the rifle on the other side of it leaning against a metal box.

I quickly slid under the small opening of the gate not even thinking to wait for it to fully open.

"Be on your guard, this place is really crawling with fallen." He told me as I quickly checked my magazine.

"Let's just hope the bullets I have is enough to kill most of them...." I retorted.

As i slowly progress through the "Wall" i'm suddenly ambushed by three of these "Fallen" and make no hesitation to kill them all.

"These guys ever give up???" I ask ghost.

"Not really..." he responds.

I just sigh as a response and slowly traversing until i come to a turn but i'm suddenly pounced on from above. I take no hesitation and instantly grab my knife, jabbing it straight into this creatures neck.

I forcefully push it off me as i grab my knife from its neck.

"How much further?" I ask.

"Just a little more." He said as i traversed the rest of this wall.

After a couple more shoot-outs and near deaths we finally reached what looked like some kind of junkyard/military area.

As i quickly ran out too the open i was suddenly surrounded.

"We've been ambushed, we need to get over there." He told me as a i see an opening across the yard to the left.

As i swiftly and cautiously proceed, swiftly dodging what looks like a combination of plasma and laser bullets.

I swiftly proceed and decide to return fire with precise aim killing most of the enemies as i continue towards the opening.

"Ghost!" I say as i continue running.

"Yes guardian?" he? or should i say it replies to me.

"How much further?" I ask curious as i continue running into the building and slow to a walk.

"Just through this hallway guardian" ghost replies to me.

"Good...i need a break to ya know." I try to sound enthusiastic about being close to my objective.

Just as i turn the corner i encounter more of these fallen enemies.

"Why are there so many of these bastards ghost?" I ask as i cautiously return fire attempting mainly fatal body or head shots.

As i continue these relentless firefights i slowly come to make my way through the building but before reaching the next corridor i encounter a pitch black room.

"be on your guard guardian...this place is crawling with hive knights and thralls." He said as i slowly descended the stairs.

"Hive?" I question as come to a pitch black room with multiple glowing green lights and slowly makes my way through the room.

A Shriek of a creature spooks me along with the roar of another as i'm suddenly hit from the side sending me flying into a metal box as my gun flies right past me and i slowly get up to see a huge sword wielding creature with three glowing green eyes as it slowly raises its sword above its head ready to slaughter me.

"MOVE!!!" I hear from my ghost as i roll out of the way as the creature slammed its sword cutting slightly into the metal box as i scramble over to where my gun flew and quickly grabbed it as i proceed to unload an entire clip into this monstrosity.

With no avail it just doesn't let up as it charges towards me and out of instincts i slide underneath the creatures legs and kick it off balance as those ear shattering screams are heard again as i look around and hear small "clicking" or "Cackling" sounds.

"What the hell are these things ghost?" I ask out of curiosity.

"The Hive...Dark created beings from the moon during its downfall of a battle." it explained to me as i kept my guard up.

"As of now...we have a bigger threat than these fallen...the hive...they have a Prince who controls part of these armies." Ghost explained to me as i saw these "Hive" moving around quietly.

"Armies?...Your kidding right?" i hoped to all that was not a threat that ghost was kidding about these armies and their prince.

"I'm afraid not Guardian...and that Prince of theirs...goes by a very feared name among guardians...Crota...Crota The Prince of Hive." Ghost said as he rehearsed this as some sort of script as he went on again.

"Crota...a feared Hive Prince who also has a father by the name Oryx...as a prince he wields a fierce sword that has cut down many guardians who have traversed his "Throne World"." He said which peaked my curiosity to kill this prince now.

"Many have fallen and never returned to tell any tale of their battle...we do pay respect for the fallen as well during the usual holidays such as Halloween and Christmas." Ghost continued to explain.

"We call them The Festival of The Lost and The Dawning...as a respect to even those we have killed as enemies and those who have fallen as allies are paid with respects of festivities such as collecting masks of those we have killed and those we know." He said as i continued walking quietly step by step slowly watching shadows pass by me slowly.

"So we still celebrate the holidays even in these times of battle...good to know." I said as i heard something trying to sneak up on me and i turned around to see a small screw rolling around in circles slightly letting my guard down before i was viciously slashed at damaging me but not making me bleed as i stumbled backwards and aimed my rifle at what hit me but it disappeared as fast as it came.

"Ouch..." Ghost said to me.

"Shut it...so much for letting my guard down for a few seconds focusing on a screw." I said back at him as i slowly proceeded closer and closer to the doorway across still hearing those "clicking/Cackling" Noises.

"These guys ever shut their mouths?" I asked ghost as i listened to the sounds cautiously.

"Not that i know of...thrall rarely keep quiet as is due to being so antsy and very hostile in their manners." Ghost said to me as i was looking all around keeping my guard fully up this time as to not let myself get caught off guard again like i did a few seconds ago.

"Well...through here and then where off to?" I asked ghost as i continued walking slowly checking my surroundings each time as i stepped.

"About a mile after this place there's a small area with a decent but old jumpship that could get us to the city and into the walls so we can be safe for a bit." Ghost said to me as i was looking around cautiously still hearing the same noises these "Thralls" were making as they seemed to be moving along with me but not doing anything to harm...yet.

"City? Like a huge city that's actually still standing?" I questioned again not knowing what year or time of age this was all happening in.

"The last city still standing safely as it should be to this very day since the "Golden Ages"." Ghost said to me clearly giving me a bit of a jist of how far and long ago all this was taking place for all this to be happening to me.

"Then with that talk of the "Golden Age" being the past...i can safely conclude that a new threat has arisen as you said earlier about this Hive Prince named Crota." I asked to conclude my assumptions.

"Yes...but we also have another problem which is taking place on Venus as we speak as well." He spoke to me as i was nearing the doorway to exit.

"Venus huh? What...civilization still lives their to?" I asked in wonderment on how human society still lives to this day.

Ghost looked at me as if i were insane.

"What?" I asked unbeknownst of the things that have recently occurred to the said planet we were speaking of.

"No...in fact humanity left Venus quite some time ago due to the new threat we've also been dealing with along with the hive and fallen." Ghost said as he was trying to shed some light on me on the occurrences of the time that's gone by.

"Vex...beings of the dark as well who are mechanized robots with intents to rid and erase all of those who are not like them." Ghost explained to me.

"So what's this place on Venus that's causing so much trouble to even have to leave the planet?" I asked wondering of these vex robots and their intentions.

"We call it..."The Vault of Glass"." Ghost said knowing of this location on Venus.

"The "Vault of Glass"?" I questioned ghost of his knowing.

"It's a Vault that was presumably created by the Vex themselves to try and raise a new threat that is now a major threat to everything and anyone who goes to Venus." He said as i walked through the doorway exiting the room but still providing light for me.

"Well then...i guess i have quite the ways before peace is bestowed upon this universe huh?" I said as if i was the one who was gonna do this all...alone.

"Your gonna need more than yourself Guardian...we have what are called "FIreteams", teams of three who go off to venture the universes planets...and then the "FIreteams" who go on raids...though as we've said...no ones come back to the tell story of the raids done in the past and now." ghost told me as i proceeded outside up the stairs and came to a very huge open area.

"Welcome to Russia...or as we call it now...the Cosmodrone." Ghost said as i could clearly see "Fallen" all over littering the lands outwards and checked my guns clip and proceeded to put it back into the gun and proceeded to pull on the small bolt of the gun back making a small "CLICK" sound and released it making the gun ready to fire.

"Guess we gotta get to the opposite side of this place to get to that jumpship you were talking about?" I asked knowingly full well that this would be quite the walk for me.

"Sadly..." Ghost responded to me as if he was acknowledging the suffering i'm gonna go through with just this walk and not of what's to come in the future.

And with that...it's a wrap folks, as per usual i do leave quite some cringey authors notes due to the past of my..."phase" i was going through...so i'll to the chase...welcome to my growing fanfics account...it's been over 2 years since i released a juicy story aside from my kinon fanfics also known as "Tail grab" and my biggest hit so far "The Unhealable Wounds" and now to further my progression of life i would hereby like to share with you my adventures of the past, present and soon to be future, as always my favored community...keep being...unique!
Sincerely - Tomoya

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.3K 247 18
It's my first time writing an Story so please bear with me. Anyways...... Story: Future Caelus, lost everyone. His friends, family and Comrades...
412K 18.2K 50
A shameless and sometimes even sadistic beauty. That's how the people would describe Shu Ning. He was very popular with men and woman equally but of...
240K 3.4K 88
ဖအေကနေ သားကိုသွားထားတဲ့ ဇာတ်လမ်းသာဖြစ်ပါတယ် ဖေအက သားကိုသြားထားတဲ့ ဇာတ္လမ္းသာျဖစ္ပါတယ္
57.7K 2.9K 88
What if it wasn't Japan that teleported to another world, but the superpower country on Earth, America's Cold War rival that in our OTL is collapsed...