Through the dark ⚀ Liam Dunbar

By _lilyyyy

Maya Stilinski has been through all the supernatural stuff since her cousin's best friend got bit. Its her fi... More

01
02
03
04
06
07
08
09
10
11
12
13
14
Sequel

05

16.4K 328 428
By _lilyyyy

When we got home after the "party" Stiles was not to happy when he found out what Liam did. It ended up with us yelling at each other and smacking each other in between the yelling.

Days after, we went to the police station to tell my uncle about the dead pool.

"There was four murders, Sean , his brother , and his parents." Stiles explained to his dad. "They were killed by a professional assassin called the Mute." He continued. "The weapon of choice, a military tomahawk. But later, the Mute was killed by Peter after he tried to blow up Derek with a claymore mine. Then, there was Demarco, he delivered a keg to the party at Lydia's lake house. And got decapitated outside his car." Hearing that made me cringe but I continued for Stiles.

"And then, last night, 23-year-old Carrie Hudson," I handed him the dead pool. "It's a dead pool"

"It's a hit list of supernatural creatures. This is only part of it. The rest still has to be decoded." Scott said.

"Who found the list?" Stiles' dad asked.

"Lydia." Stiles and I said at the same time.

"How?"

"They wrote it. Actually, they transcribed it." Stiles said.

"Without realizing it" I continued.

"Banshee?" My uncle asked.

"Banshee." I said.

"Beautiful." He said. "What are these numbers next to the names?" He asked pointing at them.

"We're getting to that." Stiles told him. "First, you need to know that the code was broken with a cipher key."

"Like a key word?" His dad asked.

"A name actually" I said quietly.

"Allison" Scott whispered. I looked at ground, bitting my lip. I didn't like talking about what happened because she meant a lot to all of us including myself.

"Her name broke the third of the list" Stiles said.

"And there's two other cipher keys." Scott added.

"Which will give us the rest of the names." I said.

"Okay" His dad said. "So how do we get the rest of the cipher keys?"

"Same way we got the code"

"Lydia" I said.

"She's been out at the lake house all weekend trying to find the other two key words" Stiles said.

"You didn't know about Carrie or Demarco? What about these two names, Kayleen Bettcher and Elias Town? Are they werewolves too?"

"I don't know." Scott said. "But Deaton said that the Nemeton would draw supernatural creatures here."

"Here being Beacon Hills? Or Beacon County? The population of Beacon Hills is under thirty thousand."

"And dropping" I added.

"But if we're talking Beacon County, you're looking closely at 500,000" My uncle said.

"Look, how many werewolves, banshees, kitsunes, and whatever the hell else is out there are we talking about? And what if the next cipher key uncovers not 12 names, but 100?"

"We don't think there would be that many" Stiles said.

"There's a limit" I told him.

"Because of the numbers"

"We think that once we decode all the names, the number would add up to 117" 

"117 what?" He asked.

"Million."

I grab a pen and write down 'K' or 'M' next to the names.

"Stolen by the Hale vault and is being used by someone to finance all these murders" Scott said.

"Someone who wants every supernatural creature dead" Stiles confirmed.

"So Carrie was stabbed.." Stiles' dad said looking at the pictures.

"What's this mark?" Stiles asked.

"We're not sure yet. We're waiting on the ME's report. There's one other thing I don't get. How did this new assassin know that Demarco was going to be at the lake house?"

"Everyone knows he delivers kegs to teenagers for extra cash" Scott said.

"So whoever ordered that keg, killed Demarco?" I immediately knew who it was.

"Yeah it was someone at the party."

"A student."

----

I was home in the living room to get something to eat when the door knocked. Stiles was with Malia , no surprise , so he was "busy". I go open the door and see the pretty, blue-eyed boy.

"Liam?" I asked "Hey, what's up?"

"Can I talk to you?" He asked seriously.

"Um, sure" I said looking upstairs to see Stiles' door closed. "Come in" I say opening the door wider so he can walk in.

"Maya! Who's here?" I hear Stiles yell from upstairs.

"Liam!" I responded. We started to walk upstairs. I hear Stiles run down stopping in front of us.

"No, he's not coming in here and he's definitely not going into your room!" He said even though Liam was already in the house. "What are you even doing here anyways?" He asked crossing his arms over his chest.

"Stiles leave him alone-"

"I came to apologize" Liam said.

"You could've apologized outside" Stiles said

"Stiles stop, he can come in and talk to me. Malia comes everytime and you guys are always 'studying'. I can hear you guys from my room and even down stairs. Gross." I said and putting air quotes to the word studying.

Stiles just rolled his eyes and walked back upstairs to his room. I turn to Liam and whisper a sorry and he just laughs and we walk to my room.

I thought right away it was probably a bad idea because my room was filled with posters of One Direction and 5 Seconds of Summer.

We walk in and Liam right away raises his eyebrows and laughs.

"Awwww does Maya love One Direction" he said teasingly.

"In fact I do" I said. "So what's up?" I say on my bed and so does he.

"Look I should've told you this earlier but I wanted to say sorry for that night of the party I shouldn't have hurt you." He said looking down.

"Liam its okay, you weren't yourself, I understand , it was my fault for walking through the woods in the dark knowing you were on the loose" I said chuckling a bit and so did he.

"You have pretty eyes" he said looking into my hazel eyes. I blushed and smiled a bit.

"I think your eyes are better" I said laughing.

He walks around my room and goes to my dresser where there was a bunch of framed pictures. He picks up one of my parents and I.

"Are those your parents?" He asked showing me the picture.

"Yeah. I was the only child , so it was just us three" I said.

"What happened to them?" He asked quietly. I sigh thinking if I should tell him or not.

"Um they died about 4 years ago, in a car crash. I was the only one that survived. We were driving and my parents were arguing like always. I didn't wanna listen to them so I was listening to my music. It was raining pretty hard and my dad lost control and next thing you know there was a big pick up truck coming towards us. I was 11 and in the hospital for about 3 weeks" I say I didn't realize I was crying until Liam was wiping a tear off my face.

"You didn't have to tell me." He said holding my hand.

"It's fine I had to say it many times anyways." I told him. "But yeah. Since the end of fifth grade I've been living with Stiles and my uncle who was my dad's brother."

"I'm sorry" he said looking at me.

"It's fine." I said grinning. He looked at my eyes and I didn't realize we were so close until I can feel him breathing on my face. He looked at my eyes then leaned closer and so did I. We closed the space between us and started kissing. This was my first kiss ever and it actually felt good. He grabbed my waist leaning me closer. I felt him smile into the kiss which also made me smile.

"Hey Maya- oh. shit. What the hell?!" We turn our head and see Stiles crossing his arms. I groan and step closer to Stiles not looking directly at his face, Liam behind me.

"I'm guessing you forgave him?" He asked and smirking. I grabbed a pillow from my bed and threw at him, hitting his face.

"Ow! Okay I'll leave!" He said closing my door. I turn to look at Liam and we both laugh. Stiles opens the door again to see if we were kissing again. I give him a 'go away' look and he slowly closes my door.

"I'm sorry about that" I said laughing.

"It's fine." He laughed. "He cares about you a lot huh?"

"Yeah. Ever since I was born he's always been protective and after my parents died, he's been more worried and cautious." I smile a bit.

"Well I should get going I'll see you at school ?" He said.

"Yeah. I'll walk you out." I said. We walk out of my room and downstairs. He opens the door and walks outside.

"I'll see you later" I told him.

"Bye Maya" he walks away. Gosh it was so awkward. I walk inside and run to Stiles' room. I open the door quickly and see Malia and Stiles making out. I do the same thing Stiles did and crossed my arms over my chest.

"What the hell?!" I say shocked.

Stiles rolls his eyes and rubs his forehead.

"Maya get out" he said not looking at me.

"No thanks." I said. "You made it so awkward between Liam and I. Thanks a lot"

"Anytime" he said winking at me and giving me a thumbs up. I roll my eyes and slam his door.

"I hate you!" I yell walking to my room.

"Love you too!" He responds.

I sigh and fell on my bed looking up the ceiling. I get off my bed and put on my pjs then brush my teeth and wash my face. I go back to my bed and I smile really big and fall asleep, happily.

---

During school I went to the weight room with Liam and Mason but all I did was sit down and go on my phone while hearing them talk. I put away my phone when Mason told Liam that they will be playing against Liam's old school, Devonford Prep, at the scrimmage.

I followed Liam to the locker room and when we walked in he threw his bag.

"Hey, Liam you're going to be okay." I said putting my hand under his chin so he can look at me. I was about to tell him something when Liam noticed his lacrosse stick was missing.

"Where's my stick?"

We then hear something scrapping the lockers. He grabs my hand and we walk slowly and see Derek holding a lacrosse stick.

"Long time no see." I told him.

"It's nice to see you Maya" he smiled. He turned to Liam.

"Is this yours?" He asks holding his stick. I knew what he was going to do.
"Derek don't-" he broke the stick in half and I see Liam getting angry. I see his eyes glowing and hear him growling.

"Liam-" I tried to stop him but he was running to Derek who grabbed him by the neck and slammed him into the locker.

"Derek let him go" I said.

"Liam"

I turn around and see Scott who gave me a confusing look as to why I was in here , then looked at Liam.

"You're right" Derek said. "He is angry" he let go of Liam and he walked towards me looking at Scott.

"This one's yours" he said tossing him his lacrosse stick. The bell rang and Scott looked at us.

"Get to class" he looked at Liam, then at me. "Both of you." I held Liam's hand and walked him out. He grabbed his stuff and we went to our next class.

-

I was walking with Mason and Liam when Liam was speed walking in front of us. Mason and I trying to catch up to him.

"Liam!" Mason yelled.

We go outside and see a bus with guys coming out of it, I'm guessing it was Liam's old school. I turn around and see everyone surrounding us including Scott and Stiles.

"Hey Brett!" Liam snapped. "I just wanted to say...have a good game" he took out his hand and the boys just laughed at him. Jerks.

"That's cute, Liam" Brett said. "Is that what they told you to say at anger management? Apologize and everything's fine? You demolished coach's car!" He said.

"I paid for it" Liam hissed.

"Yeah, you're going to pay for it. We're going to break you in half out there. And it's going to be , all ... your ... fault." He said. I noticed Liam's hand was bleeding and I grabbed it.

"Liam, let's go" I whispered.

Brett seemed to hear me because he was looking at me.

"Aww. Does Liam have a girlfriend? Is it because she felt sorry for him or he forced her to date him or else he'd ruin her face like he ruined the car." He smirked. That's it.

"Listen Britney!" I said stepping in front of Liam.

"It's Brett." He snapped.

"Who cares?" I said. "Look" I grabbed his lacrosse stick and twirled it around my fingers. "I'm not just here to defend Liam , but I'm here to offend you"

He raises an eyebrow and smirks "Oh really?"

"Yeah, and if you think talking is the only thing you and your prep school asses are good at. You're going to need to guess again , because here at this school, we're going break you guys in half out there. And I think something else is going to break in half." I said looking at his stick.

"What" he snapped.

I grab his lacrosse stick tighter and break it in half.

"Oops" I said. And throw the pieces at him. Brett moves a step closer towards me but Stiles walks in front of me to talk to them.

"Hey, what's going on prep students? Welcome to our little public high school. How you doing? Stiles" he takes out his hand but Brett doesn't shake it. He was still giving me a glare "That's a firm handshake you got there. Uh, we're very excited for the scrimmage tonight. So uh, let's keep it clean out there alright? No rough stuff out there. See you on the field" he finished as he grabbed my waist and lifted me over his shoulders so I don't fight Brett. I try to shake out of his grip but before I left Brett's sight, I smiled at flipped him off.

Scott and Stiles took him to the locker room and turned on the shower pushing him in.

"You calm yet?" Stiles asked. Liam kept roaring then stopped.

"Okay!okay!" They turned off the water and Liam leaned on the wall and sat on the floor. I was sitting in front of Liam with Scott and Stiles on both sides.

"That car you smashed, I thought you said it was your teacher's?" Scott asked him.

"He was also my coach." He said. "He benched me for the entire season."

"What did you do?" I asked.

"I got a couple red cards" he looked down.

"You gotta be honest with us" Scott said. "What else happened?"

"I got kicked out of school. They sent me to a psychologist for evaluation" he said.

"What did they call it?" I asked.

"Intermittent Explosive Disorder" he looked at me then quickly looked down.

"I.E.D? You're literally an I.E.D? That's great. That's great!" Stiles said "You gave powers to a walking time bomb!" Stiles told Scott and winked at him giving him a thumbs up. Liam looked at him mad. I stood up and slapped Stiles from the back of the head.

"Stiles! You can't just blame people for certain problems! That's like blaming me for having depression!" I whispered. They all heard me and looked at me and I just shook my head and sat by Liam.

"Did they give you anything for it?" Scott asked him.

"Risperdal. It's an anti-psychotic."

"Oh this just gets better" Stiles smiled.

"Shut up!" I told him.

"But I don't take it!" Liam said defensively.

"Obviously!" Stiles said

"Stiles I swear-"

"Maya!" Scott said. I turned to him and he gave me a look.

"I can't play lacrosse on it! It makes me too tired " Liam said.

"Okay I think you should bail out of the game. Tell coach your leg is still hurting."

"No, no! I can do this!" Liam said standing up. "Especially if you're there." He turned towards me. Stiles just rolled his eyes not believing him.

"But Liam it's not just about the game. We think whoever killed Demarco might be on the team" Scott told him.

"Who's Demarco?" Liam asked.

"The one who brought beer to the party. The guy that was beheaded, remember?" Stiles said.

"We think the person who ordered the keg killed Demarco" Scott added.

Liam looked at me then Scott and Stiles. I felt my heartbeat rising and Scott must've heard it.

"Maya you know something?"

"I don't know who ordered the keg. But I do know who payed for it." I said.

"Garrett."

••••

This is really bad I'm sorry.

- Lily

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

16K 490 31
1/6 BOOKS Rosanna Stark is Tony stark's daughter, she doesn't know her mother. She can move things with her mind and she can fly. "I'm sorry Zanna."...
1.1M 35.8K 62
𝐒𝐓𝐀𝐑𝐆𝐈𝐑𝐋 ──── ❝i just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!❞ 𝐈𝐍 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐂𝐇 jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
82.3K 2.1K 15
Warnings: some mild swearing, also probably spoilers if you've not seen the movie yet. And some talk about kinks but nothing major. ...
704K 25.9K 101
The story is about the little girl who has 7 older brothers, honestly, 7 overprotective brothers!! It's a series by the way!!! 😂💜 my first fanfic...