Please Don't Take My Sunshine...

By LilDizzy_D143

Cadrian and Damen are best friends, partners in crime, And they're ready to paint the town red. Both going to... More

Don't Take My Sunshine Away
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8

Chapter 5

63 2 0
By LilDizzy_D143

**Picture of Andrew to the side**

"Well, well, what do we have here?"

Both me and Damen's heads snap up, only to be faced with an annoyingly familiar face. 

"You!" I practically snarl, causing Damen to look back at me with confusion but I'm too busy trying to shoot lasers at Copperh- Excuse me, Finnagon, with my eyes. If anything, Finn's smirk gets bigger.

" You know, Doll, you really have to come up with a new greeting. This one's getting kind of old."

"Oh, I outta-" My words were cut off by Damen clearing his throat, causing me to look back at him only to find him already staring at me with the most bewildered look on his face, it would have been funny if the situation was different.

" Excuse me for interrupting but can someone please explain to me what the fucks going on." He looks back  down to me, " Why do you look like you want to kill him?"

" Because clearly I do. My turn, What the hell is he doing here?" Damen opens his mouth to speak but the Devil himself interrupts.

"Allow me, roomie." My eyes widen at his words and he seems all too pleased at my reaction.

"What?!" I practically scream.

" You heard me. I now live here."

Nobody said anything for a minute, Damen was to busy wondering what the hell was going on, Finn was just sitting there practically oozing in self satisfaction, and me... Well I'm just contemplating what the fuck I did to God to deserve this. I mean, come on, Im a good person when I want to be! Why cant that be enough?

I finally turn to Damen with a calm expression on my face, which makes Damen even more confused considering I was ready to rip out Finn's throat not even 6 seconds ago. " Damen, Can I please speak to you in private?"

" Well I dont kn-" He stopped when he saw the murderous glare on my face and cleared his throat, " Uh, yeah sure, of course." Damen gets up and pulls me up with him, then looks down at his clothes, or lack thereof, and turns back to Finn. "Umm, we're gonna be right back, just have to go get some clothes and all."

Finn smirks and I can just see all the dirty thoughts going through his head at Damens words. " Dont worry, man, I know how it is" The dick has the nerve to wink at me!

I scoff " Sure you do." I roll my eyes at him and turn my back to him and walk over to Damens bed and sit down, purposely avoiding looking at it.

" I'll leave you too alone for a moment. I gotta go help Drew with everything downstairs anyways." I hear Finn say and wonder who Drew is.

" Yeah, man, I'll be down there in a minute." A couple of seconds pass and I know that Finn has left because the urge to kill is gone. I feel rather than hear Damen come up to me and  sit down. 

" Why do I feel everybody in New York is your enemy and we've only just got here yesterday?" Damen asks, trying to hold in a smirk.

I roll my eyes. " It's not everybody in New York." Damen laughs and it puts me into defense mode. 

" Oh yeah, sure. First, your roommate and now my flatmate who I didnt even know you knew let alone hate. I gotta tell ya, You work fast, Cade." He tells me, clearly trying to get a rise out of me and well... It worked.

" First of all, Me and Cece have come to terms and realized that there is a way for us to get past our differences and second, your flatmate is a fucking prick who likes to keep people from cheesy goodness!" I spit out, clenching my fists.

" I'm not even going to pretend like I know what you're talking about. Look, just tell me, Did he hurt you or force himself on you?"

" What? No! What the hell gave you that idea? As if I would ever allow that to happen." I ask in outrage. Does he have no faith in my self-defense skill? Like I would ever allow anyone to put their hands on me or force me to do something I dont want to do. What the hell?

" Well then, what the hell is going on, Cade? I'm just trying to figure out why my best friend hates my roommate that I dont even really know."

I sigh and turn to Damen. " It's not like I hate him. He's just... infuriating. He got me into being his dance partner at my school."

"Ok, I still dont see what that has to do with anything. So you have to be his partner, big deal."

My mouth drops open. Is he forreal? Damen must of noticed where my thoughts were going because he rolls his eyes and gets up. 

" Look, Cadrian, I dont know what you want me to say but you're really not going to enjoy it here in New York if you keep turning every person you meet into an enemy. Not everybody's out to get you, you know." He's digging through his drawers looking for clothes so he doesnt see my hurt face but it's not like I would let him see it if he was facing me. Oblivious to my silence, Damen continues. " Finn and Drew are willing to pay good money to stay here and I cant let your sudden hate for Finn keep him from moving in. Can you please just try to tone it down a little? If you just ease up and actually try to see the good in people, you'll realize how great some people are and everything would just be so much easier." Finally dressed in some dark skinny jeans and a nice long-sleeved blue shirt, he turns to me and stops when he see's my face. His eyes soften and he kneels down in front of me.

" Look, Im not trying to attack you or anything but I just want you to be happy, more then you were back in Minnesota." He stares up at me and I stare down at him and we just stay that way for a few seconds before he sighs and stands up. Bending down, he gives me a kiss on the cheek and pushes a strand of my hair back. " Just let your gaurd down, Cade. Please." With that, Damen walks out of the room and out of sight, probably going to Finn and help him with his things. 

I sit there for a moment and ponder over everything Damen said and even though it hurt, he's right. I really need to stop always having my fists up, protecting myself even if the situation doesnt call for it. When I first saw Cece she was so bright and so happy and so foriegn and new that I immediately went into fight mode. I didnt even give her a chance. 

I came here to start over and actually have a life for once and instead I'm starting fights with anybody who actually makes the effort to get to know me. Sure, Finn is annoying and really needs to calm down on the Ginger Pride, but he did give me his pizza.

Sighing, I stand up and make my way out of the room and down the stairs to the front lobby. As I step outside, I look around for Finn and Damen and find them in the far side of the parking lot with an unfamiliar boy, unloading things from this beat up chevy. I smile a little when I see Damen let out this care-free laugh. Not only do I need to let my guard down to make my life better, I need to do it for Damen too. He deserves at least that. With a new resolve, I make my way over to them.

Damen see's me first and smiles when he notices I am. "I thought you'd never come out."

"Well I heard your hyena laugh all the way up there and had to see what was so damn funny." Damen smirks at me and turns back to unload the rest of the stuff from the truck. I turn to Finn who is already staring at me with that same smirk.

" Decided to grace us with your presence, Doll." He wasnt going to make this easy for me, was he? Sucking in the urge to smack that damn smirk off his face, I take a deep breathe and cross my arms.

"Actually, I came out here to apologize." My words leave Finn momentarily stunned and it fills me with a sense of satisfaction. Didnt see that coming, did ya , Buddy?

"You? Apologize? I didnt even think you knew what that was."

" Look, Finn, I just want to forget what happened yesterday and start over, a clean slate. What do ya say?"

Finn just stands there staring at me, for once without a smirk on his face and I start to shift nervously. I didnt think about what would happen if he says no. How embarrassing would that be? I basically just laid myself out there and he's going to turn me down and there'll be no way I can come back from that and I'll have to-

"Fine."

What?

"What?" I ask outloud. 

" You heard me," Finn says, smiling at me confusion, " We can forget what happened yesterday and be the best of friends and all that jazz. I can dig it."

I raise my eyebrows. " You can dig it? What are you, from the 80's?" I let out a chuckle and watch as he smiles, a genuine smile that makes my grin grow.

" Hey, you talk now, but I'm bring that saying back. You just wait!" He points his finger at me and I laugh louder, shaking my head. 

I hear a loud grunt and turn to see the unknown boy I saw set down a huge box and slap his hands together. 

"There ya go, Finn. And next time, you're taking you're own damn boxes out. What the hell do you have in there, rocks?"

"Porn." Finn answers simply and goes to pick up the box from the guy and starts walking over to the house. The stranger, who I can only assume is Drew, turns to me and I'm momentarily shocked at his beauty. 

He's no Damen but he's pretty damn close. His thick mess of light brown hair goes perfect with puckered pink lips that instantly fills me with envy because my lips are nowhere near that pouty. He has a slightly angled jaw that compliments him very well but what really draws me to him is his lazy, almost sleepy eyes. There the weirdest shade of blue ever. While Damens blue eyes seem to freeze you to the spot with it's intensity, Drew's makes you feel warm and cozy inside, like laying in bed under thick covers after a long day. I've never experienced that before and It's so weird. And to make him even more hot he has a nose peircing! I love a guy with peircings, almost as much as I love a guy with tattoos. Hmm, I wonder if he has any...

It's then that I realize he was saying something to me and I shake my head, snapping out of my thoughts and ask him to repeat himself.

"I said," He replys with a deep voice and a smirk on his face, clearly knowing I was just checking him out, " I'm Andrew but everybody calls me Drew." He holds out his hand for me to shake and I grasp his with mine, marveling at how soft his is.

" Nice to meet you, Drew. Im Cadrian." I smile at him and notice how we're still shaking hands even though we've exceeded the hand-shaking limit about 5 shakes ago. Drew seems to realize this too but instead of letting go, he smiles and continues shaking.

" Cadrian. I've never heard that before. Interesting."

"Well I'm a very interesting person." I respond back, tilting my head to the side and smiling what I hope is a seductive look. Drew seems to think so because he steps closer to me, still shaking my hand.

"I bet." He says, biting his lower lip. Im so captivated on his pink lips that I dont hear Damen come up behind me and sling his arm around me in an almost possessive mannor. It brings me back to reality and I drop Drew's hand quickly, knowing my face is the color of a tomato.

" Yep, She's really interesting, this one. Speaking of interesting, didnt you say you wanted to see the rest of the house?"

As Damen and Drew start a conversation, I pick up a small box and make my way back to the house. I dont know what just happened between Drew and me but whatever it was, I wouldnt mind trying it again.

** whoop! three chapters in one day! I'm so proud of myself! Ok, so what do you guys think of Drew? Love him? Hate him? Don't know what to do with him? Let me know! I love you guys and thank you so much for reading!**

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

258K 8.6K 33
Damien hopelessly falls in love with a human and has no power over it. He loses his mind when he's around her because his love for her is that strong...
1.1K 107 22
For the hopeless romantics like myself🤭(start might be a little slow but trust me it's worth it) Scared to feel, scared to love, scared to live. She...
7.3K 230 25
"Something snapped her back to reality. As she looked past Nolan, she saw a black car-a black SUV. It swerved past the other cars, narrowly avoiding...
105 0 13
After her mother's tragic death, moving to another house was what seemed the best. Kia has a hard time fitting into school and has a hard time at hom...