Walk A Mile (Camren)

By weyheylovato

(in my shoes) • Look with your eyes. Judge with your soul. • First impressions almost always suck. They can... More

I
II
III
V
VI
VII
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XVI
XVII
XVIII
XIX
XX
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXIV
XXV
XXVI
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIX
XXX
XXXI
XXXII
XXXIII
XXXIV
XXXV (Final Chapter)
Epilogue
Guess What?

IV

53.2K 1.4K 5K
By weyheylovato

Camila followed the obnoxious sounds of her mother's voice and found herself downstairs once more. She needed to talk to her, or at least do a little bit of convincing. She wasn't going to be forced to reside with a girl that basically hated her. With her mind made up, she addressed her mom. The woman was sprawled out on the couch with her feet on the table, talking on the phone. Camila stood to the side and waited until their conversation ended. Sinu glanced at her for a moment, and Camila took that as her cue.

"Do we really have to stay here?" Camila sighed as she draped herself over her mother.

"This is Burberry, honey. Get up," Sinu instructed her and smoothed out her jacket. "Now, what were you saying?"

"Do we have to stay here? Because Lauren hates me and I don't want to be here if-" Camila started to share with her mother, but was interrupted by Sinu holding up her hand when her phone rang again.

"Take her shopping, she'll love you," Sinu advised her distractedly as she was in the process of checking the caller ID.

"No she won't. And you can't buy friendships..." Camila deadpanned and looked at her mother in disappointment. Their conversations never lasted long. This was probably a record.

"Sure you can, how else would you make friends?" Sinu posed incredulously and bopped Camila on the nose before putting the phone back to her ear. Their conversation was over.

Camila pushed away from the couch sadly and went on her way. Where she was going, she had no idea. She obviously wasn't welcomed anywhere near Lauren. Her mom didn't want to be bothered. She didn't necessarily want to be around Michael or Clara, due to a non-established level of comfirtability. And her father just kind of made her uneasy most of the time. She felt really alone at the moment.

While she didn't have any real friends, she did associate herself with one other heiress. She didn't fit the stereotype as drastically as the others did. She was tiny, but full of attitude. Camila didn't even really like her that much, but she was the closest thing to a friend that she had, besides her boyfriend. After retiring back to her room for only the second time since she'd been here, Camila called Ally.

"Hello?" Ally answered the phone in annoyance.

"Hey, it's Mila," Camila announced.

"Oh, hey..." Ally responded uncertainly.

"Hi. What are you doing today?" Camila asked cheerfully, then wished she hadn't.

For the next hour or so, she had to endure Ally rambling on and on about how she hated her parents for taking her car keys and forcing her to stay home after she'd snuck out. Then, as if she felt that Camila was out of the loop, she proceeded to fill her in on the gossip of the island. Then she started to tell Camila all about these 'totally cute' pair of earrings she bought, followed by her petty boyfriend troubles. Camila wanted to hang up, but didn't have the courage. Eventually, Ally took care of that for her. Camila was blankly staring at the phone she'd wasted a good hour or two on. Why didn't anyone around her want to talk about real things? Things that mattered? All of these people were plastic and had no depth whatsoever. The only person that seemed to possess a little and offer more conversation than gossip practically hated her.

As if on cue, Lauren appeared in the doorway. Camila was idly standing in the middle of the hallway, and Lauren begrudgingly stood before her. The older girl had just gotten an invitation from her closest friends to go swimming at the community recreation center. When she informed her mother that she was going, Clara was dismayed to find out that Lauren had no intentions of taking Camila with her. After enduring a reprimanding session, she dragged herself on over here to ask if Camila wanted to come - only because she was being forced to. Clara said that if Lauren didn't bring Camila, she couldn't go at all. It sucked.

"What..." Camila eyed Lauren uncertainly, wondering what the hell she'd done to piss her off now.

"Do you want to go swimming..." Lauren mumbled an invitation unenthusiastically. Her words were so hushed, Camila hadn't even heard the full extent of her question.

"Do I what?" Camila leaned a little closer to hear her better.

"Do you want to go swimming with us..." she repeated as quiet and slow as before. She was praying she'd make it easy on her and say no.

"Oh, so you do have a pool here? Yeah, I'd actually really-" Camila began to nod excitedly, but stopped speaking when Lauren groaned.

"No. I don't have a fucking pool here. Sorry to inconvenience you," she grumbled. "It's at the community center."

"What is that?" Camila tilted her head in confusion at the strange mention.

"God," Lauren sighed and faced the wall, letting her head fall ugracefully onto the dense material. Camila winced at the sound it made and wondered what she kept saying wrong. "You're kidding, right? You've actually never been to a recreation center?"

"Is it like a country club...?" she tried to understand, since Lauren was giving her nothing to work with.

"I cannot believe this shit," Lauren laughed sarcastically and looked up at the ceiling, as if she was challenging God. Camila was offended.

"What's your problem? Why can't you just tell me what it is?" Camila crossed her arms.

"It's the building at the beginning of my neighborhood. There's a pool and a gym and a basketball court and ping pong and shit like that in there. Anyone in the neighborhood can use it. It's called the community recreational center. Do you want to go swimming or not, Camila?" Lauren sighed.

"Sure," Camila smiled. That sounded like fun.

-

Exactly an hour after she agreed to go, Camila emerged from the bathroom. Lauren was changed and ready to go in five minutes. Camila, on the other hand, took her sweet time. First, she showered - which took thirty minutes within itself. Then she couldn't decide which bikini to wear. Just to explore her options, she tried on each one in the confinement of the bathroom. After picking, she strolled into her room to find a coverup that matched. Then she took up even more time trying to figure out which sandals to wear, and finally she had to rummage through her purse to find her Ray-Bans. Her preparation was complete after she successfully blew up a neon green bed floaty.

"I'm ready," Camila announced as she finally retreated back to Lauren's room.

"Are you sure?" Lauren scoffed. "You don't have to see which towel matches your outfit first? Or you don't have to see which fucking bow compliments your shoes?"

"No..." Camila said incredulously. Why on earth would she do that? So unnecessary.

"Then I'd like to go now, your majesty," Lauren rolled her eyes as she grabbed her towel and got off of the bed.

Lauren was so annoyed with everyone at the moment. Normani and Dinah had both been texting her nonstop about when she was going to come. Camila was taking her precious time to do every little thing she could think of. Her mom was forcing her to bring this thing along with her, and her dad offered no help in changing her mind. In fact, he actually supported the idea. He claimed it would be a great way to bond. She didn't want to bond with that girl. She wanted nothing to do with her.

"Can I go now?" Lauren stressed as she came to a stop in front of her mother. She'd instructed Camila to go downstairs while she informed her mother about their plans.

"Is Camila going with you?" Clara clarified, raising a suspicious eyebrow at her daughter.

"Unfortunately," Lauren affirmed.

"Look, I know you don't like her very much. Neither of us like this situation, but they're here. They're not going anywhere. The best we can do is to just try to be cordial. So stop carrying around so much negative energy. Try to find common ground with her, alright?" Clara suggested and grasped Lauren's shoulders, kissing her forehead maternally.

"Fine," Lauren agreed to please her, although she wasn't planning on taking that to heart.

"Have fun," Clara smiled and sent her on her way.

-

Camila was such a child. She required supervision at all times. Lauren understood that Camila had probably never seen a conker like this before, but it couldn't have been that fascinating. She was so intrigued by the manual lock versus a simple button that popped up or down. And she was so entranced by the glove compartment and console. Every single thing she did was annoying Lauren profusely.

"Don't touch that," Lauren scolded Camila in annoyance as she saw what she was doing out of her peripheral vision. Lauren had a small dragonfly charm hanging from her rearview mirror. She saw Camila staring at it, but the second she moved to touch it, Lauren said something. That was a no no.

"Sorry," Camila mumbled and retracted her hand. She opted to sit there with her hands in her lap. For a minute or two.

Lauren ignored her apology and focused on driving. Why did she have to live so deep into the neighborhood? They resided in the back, pretty much. A shorter car ride with Camila would've been preferred. But no, she had to endure the intricate twists and turns of the streets. And there were so many speed bumps and stop signs, it made the insufferable ride seem even longer. Lauren turned up the music to drown out the other girl.

Now it was much too loud for Camila. She liked the song, but it was just up way too high. Despite how pleased she was to find out that Lauren had a somewhat similar music taste, she wished the song could be turned down just a notch. "Can you turn it down a little?" she asked, but Lauren's intention came into play. She hadn't heard her at all. "Lauren..." Camila called a little louder, even tapping Lauren's thigh to get her attention.

"Don't touch me," she moved her leg over a little, hopefully out of Camila's reach. "What?"

"Can you turn that down?" Camila begged, wincing at how the music was ringing almost painfully through her ears.

"No," Lauren smirked. Aw, was she uncomfortable? Good. She shouldn't have been here anyway.

Camila pursed her lips and endured the harsh sounds for a few seconds longer before she couldn't take it anymore. She reached out to adjust Lauren's radio a little. As soon as she did, Lauren was outraged. The music was a little loud, but she didn't want to accommodate her. Adjusting anyone's radio was rude enough. She didn't see herself being in the wrong at the moment.

"Don't ever touch my radio," Lauren snapped and turned it up even louder than it had been before out of spite.

"What is your problem!" Camila yelled over the music now blaring through the car and covered her ears childishly.

Alright, that was kind of ridiculous. Lauren turned it down to a normal volume and rolled her eyes. "It's my car, I can do whatever I want. Nobody told you to come with me. If it's too loud, you should've stayed."

"You're the one who invited me!" Camila reminded her indignantly.

"Only because my mom made me. I never wanted you to come," Lauren informed her without skipping a beat. She pulled into the relatively full parking lot and found a place to park. "Now get out."

"You are insane," Camila grumbled under her breath as she opened the door. She let herself out quickly, wishing she was anywhere but here. She struggled to get her giant floaty out of the back - which Lauren obviously took no part in helping. Once she got it out, she occupied her time by mumbling profanities at Lauren's stubbornness. She wasn't even in the mood for swimming anymore.

Lauren exited her car as well and reached into the back to retrieve her towel, then they were on their way. They walked side by side, but not together. Lauren made sure of it. She then walked ahead of the shorter girl to take care of registration. The people running it refused to let anyone in without proper identification. Once they were accepted, Camila trudged behind her. Almost instantly, Lauren's name was called. Lauren laughed and followed the sound of Dinah and Normani's calls.

"What took you so long?" Dinah asked incredulously, lounging in one of the white reclined chairs.

"Yeah, we called you like ten thousand years ago," Normani added, lowering her sunglasses to see her better.

"Well, I would've been here when you called, but I had to wait for her..." Lauren gestured to the girl awkwardly standing off to the side.

"Who's that?" Dinah questioned, noticing the unknown girl that trailed in behind Lauren.

"This is Camila," Lauren mumbled and pointed to her like she was a nuisance.

"Oh, is she your friend?" Normani smiled politely, waving at her.

"Nope. Just Camila," Lauren said flatly and pursed her lips together.

Camila was a little disheartened by that. Would being her friend really be so bad? Lauren denied it like the idea itself was just absurd. It didn't make her feel very good at all. And she didn't seem to have any remorse for just belittling her like that. Normani and Dinah accurately gauged the hostility between them and exchanged an uncertain look with one another. Normani looked down and adjusted her sunglasses back to the way they were as a way to exit this conversation that had gotten very awkward very quickly. Dinah kept quiet as well and waited for someone else to talk. Camila was too busy sulking now to take initiative, so Lauren did.

"So are you guys gonna go swim or..." Lauren gestured back to the pool.

"Well we did when we called you... But we got out. I'm chillin now," Dinah waved her off flippantly and sat back even further for emphasis.

"Getting wet isn't swimming, Dinah," Lauren laughed fondly and set her towel down near Normani's chair. "And okay, well I'm gonna go."

"Have fun," Normani smiled, insinuating that she wouldn't be joining her at the moment.

"Don't drown," Dinah added in a non-helpful manner.

Lauren laughed at her friends and turned away from them. She stood at the edge and gauged how to get in. The pool was pretty crowded today. Because it wasn't just sweltering outside, everyone seemed to flock to the pool. Usually, it was much too hot to even consider the idea. Since it was so crowded, Lauren figured she couldn't exactly cannonball in there. She walked to the far side and entered by the ladder. As soon as she was in, she sighed in contentment. This was the type of refreshment she craved. She needed something to relax her after Camila had showed up.

The said girl was still standing near Lauren's friends without an inkling of what to do. With her Ray-Bans on, she just kind of looked around to get a feel for the place. It probably wasn't as sanitary as she was used to. She wondered if public facilities even used chlorine, since she'd never been to one. She wondered if the people here relieved themselves in the water like she'd heard about in movies. The type of people she usually took a dip with wouldn't even dream of doing such a thing. And even if there wasn't any urine in the water, there were still way too many people. She didn't know why Lauren would willingly subject herself to this.

"Your name is Camila, right?" Normani spoke up after watching her curiously. She thought she was a little strange, but couldn't really pick up why Lauren was so rude to her.

"Yeah. What's yours?" Camila offered a smile.

"I'm Normani and this is Dinah," she introduced the two of them in a friendly manner. She recalled how Lauren didn't even bother to.

"Hi," Camila waved shyly.

"So how do you know Lauren?" Dinah asked the question they'd both been wondering.

"Well, I don't know. I wouldn't say I actually know her... We just met a few days ago. My family is staying with hers for the summer or something..." Camila struggled to explain, since she was still unsure herself.

"Oh, really? Why?" Normani probed further.

"I don't actually know. My parents just kinda dragged me here without much of an explanation," Camila shrugged, still clutching the large and obnoxious neon green floaty.

"Where are you from?" Dinah questioned with a smile, eager to find out a little more about this new girl.

"I'm from here," Camila answered, referring to the state.

"Like, around here? I've never seen you before," Dinah looked at her skeptically, trying to recognize her face.

"What school do you go to?" Normani continued their interrogation.

"No, wait. I'm from Miami but not really from around this part... I'm from Palm Island," she corrected herself after misinterpreting the question.

Camila detected the change in their demeanors when she said that. Normani straightened up a little while Dinah's jaw went slack. In that moment, both girls realized the caliber of person they were talking to. While assuming she was just the average Joe Blow stumbling by, that little piece of information caught them completely off guard. She was rich as fuck, apparently. Normani felt like she should've known that just by looking at her - she wasn't that surprised. But Dinah was completely thrown for a loop.

"Holy shit, really?" Dinah asked incredulously. "Like, where those huge ass mansions are?"

"Yeah, I guess," Camila shrugged uncomfortably.

"Whoa," Dinah marveled at the girl before her. "Do you have like, your own pool and stuff?"

"Dinah..." Normani gave her a look, silently telling her to stop bombarding her with questions.

"Yeah... I have a pool," Camila answered awkwardly. She hated talking about the wealth of her family. People always treated her differently after they knew. It was like that at school - anyone that knew about her would rapidly ask her questions and try to get close with her. Because she was always too nice and could hardly say no, she accumulated a bunch of people that wanted to use her. If she had a dollar for every fake friend she'd gained, she'd been ten times richer than she already was.

"Sorry, I just think that's amazing," Dinah apologized for coming at her that way. "Lo must be lucky to have a friend like that."

"I wouldn't really say that..." Camila disagreed under her breath.

"You wouldn't?" Normani kinked an eyebrow.

"Well, I don't have a problem with her at all. I actually kind of like her... But I'm pretty sure she hates me," Camila divulged shortly, looking down at her expensive flip flops below.

"She's probably jealous," Dinah laughed and elbowed Normani in the side.

"It's probably not that..." Camila shook her head, feeling like Lauren's dislike for her ran much deeper than something petty like that. It was like she didn't even like her as a person. She looked over her shoulder at the girl that was seemingly at peace in the pool. Her features were so relaxed. Lauren was actually quite beautiful when she wasn't wearing that scowl Camila had grown so accustomed to. Hell, she was beautiful even when she was scowling. But Camila would most likely keep that to herself.

"It probably is. Lauren's usually really nice to new people," Dinah informed Camila with a shrug. "And you're nice, so there's no reason for her not to like you."

"Well, I don't know," Camila dismissed that subtly. She felt a lot more awkward as this conversation went on. Yet and still, they were a lot more receptive and pleasant than Lauren ever was. She inconspicuously stripped herself of her towel and cover up and kind of hid behind the giant floaty."I think I'm gonna go swim now."

"Don't die," Dinah said in her departure, waving an abnormally large hand.

Camila took a particular liking to Lauren's friends. On her way over to the water, she was wondering why they were so much easier to talk to than Lauren. The green-eyed girl only made conversation by bickering. That was perhaps the most pleasant conversation she'd had since she'd gotten here - excluding that conversation at breakfast. She liked that one as well, but forced herself to believe that nothing would come of her tumultuous relationship with Lauren but stupid fights.

The mentioned girl had just gotten her fix out of swimming. She'd done a few laps back and forth now and needed a break. As soon as Camila placed her floaty in the water, Lauren was beginning to exit. Camila watched it happen in indignation, offended by it. For once, it was unintentional on Lauren's part. Camila grimaced and successfully got onto the raft, opting to just lay there for a minute to clear her mind. A lot has been going on in the past few days and she just needed some zen time for herself. While Camila was relaxing, Lauren was emerging from the water. Dripping, she made her way back over to her friends.

"Hey," she announced her presence once more and bent down to get her towel.

"Gross, your hair is flinging water on me," Dinah scoffed playfully and shoved Lauren over a little.

"Shut up," Lauren laughed as she wiped her face. "But speaking of, do you have a hair tie?"

Both Normani and Dinah shook their head no, but Normani recalled what she'd seen earlier. "No, but I think I saw one on Camila's wrist."

"Nevermind, then. I don't need one that badly," she made a face and moved their stuff down to vacate an area large enough for her to sit down. She then covered the hot chair with her towel before easing into it.

"What's your problem with her anyway?" Dinah questioned, unable to see why she was so standoffish towards her.

"She is the most annoying person I have ever met in my entire life," Lauren said, already looking highly unimpressed with the conversation.

"She didn't seem that bad to us..." Normani countered on Camila's behalf.

"You don't understand," Lauren ignored her claims. "She expects everything to be handed to her. And she can't do shit by herself. And she's so condescending, always bragging about her shit. She acts like the things I have aren't good enough for her. And she's so fucking prissy about the smallest things. She's way too particular about what she'll eat and what she'll wear, and she literally spends an entire fucking hour in the bathroom. And she-"

"Okay, we get it," Dinah laughed, saving herself from the rest of Lauren's rant.

"I guess it would've been different if you had to actually share a house with her... But I didn't see a problem when I was just talking to her," Normani shrugged indifferently. She'd take Lauren's word for it, but also save room for her own judgement.

"She's the worst, believe me," Lauren groaned and looked over at her. "Just consider yourselves lucky that she's not staying with you."

"Fair point," Dinah shrugged as well, willing to drop the conversation there.

"I mean, just look at her! She's got that giant fucking floaty out there when there's obviously no space for it," she grumbled.

"She's just relaxing," Normani responded, not seeing the major problem Lauren saw.

"She's just laying there like she owns the fucking place. No one else out there has anything that takes up that much space," Lauren continued with furrowed eyebrows.

"I don't think they care that much," Dinah countered, looking at the easygoing people adjusting around Camila. She didn't look like much of an inconvenience to anyone but Lauren. Once again, she thought they were dropping the conversation there.

With her eyes hidden behind her non-designer shades, Lauren took a brief moment to gaze at Camila. Her long, tanned legs were stretched out before her and her arms were folded behind her head. Lauren could've denied it, but her body was actually flawless. The bikini that flaunted her smooth stomach only complimented her figure as a whole. Her curves were just impeccable. With so little clothing on, Lauren could see them in all of their glory. The sun seemed to make her skin glow as she laid there, looking perfect. She felt a little weird for scrutinizing her that way, so she said something else.

"And she's got those fucking Ray-Bans on like-" Lauren started to point out to distract herself from how attractive she was at the moment, but Normani and Dinah both turned to stare at her. Dinah was the one to interrupt.

"Dang, Lo. Better be staring at her..." Dinah smirked, sharing a knowing look with Normani.

"I'm... I'm not staring at her..." Lauren stuttered, turning a shade darker from being caught. "It's just... Fucking look at her, acting like she's running shit. Who does she think she is?"

"You're the only one focusing on her," Normani laughed obnoxiously at how Lauren was trying to cover it up. "She's not acting like anything. She's literally just laying there."

"I'm not. She's just so frustrating," Lauren insisted and failed to divert her gaze away from her.

"Okay, you obviously like her or something," Dinah reasoned with a smirk.

"What?" Lauren asked incredulously, eyes darting from one face to the other.

"There's no other reason you'd be paying so much attention to someone you claim to hate so much," Normani agreed with Dinah smugly.

"I never said I hated her. I just said I didn't like her because she's annoying," Lauren corrected them irritably.

"Sure, Jan," Normani nodded sarcastically, keeping her teasing to a minimum.

"She definitely likes her," Dinah whispered boldly to Normani, even going so far as leaning over Lauren's torso to say it.

"I know," Normani loudly whispered back, animatedly covering her mouth with one hand.

"You guys are ridiculous. I do not like her. I don't even like her as a person. Both of you are insane," Lauren pushed both of them off of her.

"Alright," Normani submitted and wore a proud smirk. She knew.

"Sure," Dinah giggled and leaned back into her seat. They both knew.

"Unbelievable," Lauren rolled her eyes and shook her head. "I'm getting back into the water."

"They'll end up hooking up by the end of the summer," Normani freely announced once Lauren was out of earshot. The tension was palpable to everyone.

"No, they're gonna date. Just watch," Dinah foresaw them making a complete 180.

"Let's make a bet," Normani challenged. "Ten bucks."

"Youre on," Dinah nodded mischievously, seaking their deal with a firm handshake. This would be the easiest ten bucks she ever made.

-

"Lauren, can you let the windows up? I'm cold," Camila requested softly. They were finally on their way back home after kicking it at the pool for a good portion of the day. Camila eventually decided to swim instead of just floating, and she was still wet from it. Her bikini was clinging to her skin, making her cold even without the wind rushing past her.

"No," Lauren declined her request. She wasn't wet anymore. She'd been out of the pool long enough to be relatively dry. Her hair was just a little damp, and letting it air dry would be most beneficial.

Camila knew the answer she was going to get before she even bothered asking. She inched her hand on over to the window control and subtly lifted it. The creaky sound it made tipped Lauren off as to what she was doing.

"I said no," Lauren glared at her and let it back down, further than before.

Camila clenched her jaw and kept quiet. If Lauren thought she was annoying, she obviously hadn't met herself. She was infuriating. It was so obvious to Camila that everything she did was out of spite. She couldn't believe she'd be so immature. She said to herself that if she got sick from this, she'd make sure to spread her germs to Lauren. It would be her fault anyway.

Then she retracted the thought. That was kind of gross of her to even consider. She wouldn't sink to Lauren's level. So, trying to be the mature one of the two, the simply assessed Lauren's air conditioning system and figured out how to turn the heat on. As soon as she reached out, Lauren pushed her hand away.

"Stop touching shit," Lauren groaned and gave her a harsh stare, since they were at a stop sign now.

"Why can't you just let the fucking window up?" Camila snapped, angrily clutching the damp towel she was desperately trying to find warmth in.

"I'm drying my hair," Lauren announced, although she didn't feel like Camila deserved an explanation.

"You can use the blow dryer when you get home," Camila said bitterly, abandoning the towel. It wasn't doing anything. In fact, it may have been making it worse.

Lauren ignored her valid statement and focused on the tedious ride home. In reality, it only took about roughly three minutes to get from her house to the recreation center, but enduring it with Camila made it seem like a lifetime. When she finally pulled up to her house, she was grateful. Camila was grateful as well. She couldn't take another second of being side by side with Lauren.

"I'm taking a shower, so-" Lauren began to inform her as she put her car into park, but Camila had already rushed out of the door. Lauren watched her curiously as the younger girl entered her house forcefully. She looked over her shoulder to make sure Lauren wasn't following just yet, and that was when it clicked with Lauren. This was a race, apparently.

Lauren exited her car quicker than she ever had before. Then she bolted over to her front door, which Camila had conveniently closed to stall her. When she was inside, she heard Camila running up the stairs. She didn't bother greeting either set of parents as she pushed herself to catch up with Camila. But Camila was well ahead of her. In the car, she said she wouldn't sink to her level, but she was far too annoyed to stick with that mantra now. Fuck taking the higher rode. Getting in the shower before her after she claimed dibs first was petty, but so was everything else Lauren did to her. The desire to come out on top gave her extra endurance. She quickly located her bathroom carrier where she left it in her room and was rushing back to the bathroom by the time Lauren made it to the top of the stairs.

There was equal distance to the bathroom from where both of them were standing. They looked like two opposing contenders on either side of the arena. They'd both paused in place. Camila looked from Lauren to the bathroom, and Lauren did the exact same thing. At once, both girls made a mad dash to the bathroom. Lauren was faster, but Camila had one advantage. Because Lauren hadn't allowed her proper time to dry off before forcing her to leave, she was still wet. And she was constantly dripping onto Lauren's wooden floors. Unfortunately for Lauren, her bare foot hit one of the small puddles Camila left unintentionally and she went down, painlessly landing on her butt. Sinultaneously, Camila made it to the bathroom and pushed the door shut. The lock clicked into place as Lauren sat there in defeat.

"Camila!" Lauren yelled angrily from where she sat, enraged that she'd been beaten.

Behind the security of the bathroom door, Camila smiled to herself. She almost wanted to gloat, but didn't find it necessary. Lauren was uncompromising. Slowly, but surely, she was showing that two actually could play at this game. Only now, she'd leveled the playing field a little bit.

A/N

Lol. Losers. This exact same thing happened to me, except it was with my cousin. She wouldn't let me fucking do anything to make myself comfortable and she always did the opposite of what I asked her to. I "got her back" by stealing the shower lol. So this chapter was from personal reference lol 😎

Lauren's character is so funny to me. She reminds me of Helga from Hey Arnold. Even though I'll never understand why some people are mean to their crushes, it's fun to write. Like, Camila is on the other end. She kept trying to do little things for Lauren to like her, but it never works. Or at least, she doesn't think it is. You guys will definitely have to practice patience. The pace in Walk A Mile is basically the same as Journals. I see their first kiss happening around chapter 9 or 10. So stay tuned :)

And anyway, let's keep this meet and greet thing going. The question for this chapter is how old are you guys? I'm 17 so far.

I know I wrote in that Camila doesn't understand why she has to stay there with Lauren, but it's because she really doesn't. You'll find out later on that their dads are the only two that know what's really going on. What do you think has happened?

I hope you're all having a good day. ily all

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

81K 2.1K 40
~ A Y/N/Camren Story ~ You've been in an almost perfect relationship for the past two years with a girl named Camila Cabello. You use the word almost...
18.9K 593 1
"Suggestion: Can someone do a oneshot on The Weeknd- "Coming Down" where like Lauren parties & does drugs and that's why Camila left" Well, your wish...
19K 514 10
Lauren's friend Ally just got a new step-sister. She seemed fragile and held back. Once Lauren got to know her she knew Camila was a beautiful disast...
459K 12.6K 25
it's psychological warfare.