Tragedy ° DEAN WINCHESTER

By bokuroos

show me a hero and I'll write you a tragedy. [dean winchester x emery wilson] [supernatural; season one-three... More

oo. | playlist
o. | the origin story of emery wilson
i. | stanford, here we are
ii. | jericho california... what a wonderful place
iii. | well, it turns out constance was a bitch
iv. | hey we're rangers now i guess
v. | nobody likes a cannibal
vi. | decent pick-up lines
vii. | don't forget to breathe
viii. | sulfur leads to demonic possession
ix. | demons shouldn't be our problem
x. | bloody mary, three times in the bathroom mirror
xi. | i'm coming back to haunt both your asses
xii. | make it seem like a hooker
xiii. | i'm gonna miss my own funeral
xiv. | the sassier the better
xv. | screwdriver phobia
xvi. | in which the wilchester trio is busy
xviii. | emery, the vampire slayer
xix. | happily married couple
xx. | they're gone
xxi. | surprise!
xxii. | all she remembers
xxiii. | suffocating
xxiv. | goodbye
xxv. | it affects everyone differently
xxvi. | two words: f*** that
xxvii. | i hate carnivals
xxviii. | mind control or something
xxix. | psychic visions and dams
xxx. | missing in action
xxxi. | bitch; jerk
xxxii. | they made me slow dance
xxxiii. | it's just loki
xxxiv. | a whole new world
xxxv. | trust your gut
xxxvi. | death of a bachelor
xxxvii. | let it go
xxxviii. | beautiful flower
IMPORTANT; please read
xxxix. | in which emery is sick of everyone's shit
xl. | casualty of war
finale. | sacrifices and heroes
one shot. | love you goodbye
note; editing contest
note; editing results

xvii. | she finally blew up

69.6K 1.7K 1.5K
By bokuroos

Disclaimer; I don't own spn.

Dead's Man Blood; Part One
_________

"I've been in love. It's painful, pointless, and overrated." -Damon Salvatore

"DEAN," EMERY MOANED, SWATTING AT THE man's face that was obviously hovering over her's. She did not want to wake up. It was probably really early and she just couldn't deal with it right now. She had just died like two weeks or so ago, but Dean and Sam had thought she had only fallen into a minor coma. They thought that is what had happened when Max had shot her too, which was good, because Emery didn't want them thinking she was a danger to them.

Because she wasn't.

"C'mon, Em, we gotta get moving," Dean said, which made Emery sigh.

She pushed the elder Winchester out of her way before swinging her legs over the side of the bed and getting up. Fifteen minutes later, she was showered, dressed, and packed, making her way out to the Impala and shoving her bag into the backseat.

"Are we going or what?" She shouted, smiling as both Sam and Dean rolled their eyes at her, but nonetheless followed.

They pulled into a diner at the next town over, all because Emery was complaining that she was hungry. She had noticed Dean roll his eyes at her in the rearview mirror, before he pulled into the tiny, family owned diner.

They got a little table, Sam pulling up a chair since Dean and Emery had snagged the ones that were across from each other. Sam got his laptop set up, while Dean read the newspaper, Emery going to the counter and ordering a waffle.

A few minutes later, she took a seat and dug in, waiting for both men to find cases. Dean smiled smugly and opened his mouth, Emery sighing before cutting some of the waffle and feeding it to him. He had a shit-eating grin as he looked around the quaint shop.

Once finishing her waffle (Dean ate half of it, Emery feeding him messily, trying to get it everywhere), Dean folded the newspaper, putting it on the table, before linking his hands together and resting them on it.

"Alright, dude, not a descent lead in all of Nebraska, what have you got?"

"Well, I've been scanning Wyoming, Colorado, South Dakota," Sam stated. He pointed at something on his laptop screen. "Here, a woman fell ten thousand feet from an airplane and survived."

"Sounds more like 'that's incredible' instead of the twilight zone," Dean retorted, Emery giving him a toothless, tight lipped smile.

"Yeah," Emery and Sam chorused.

"You know, we could, uh, just keep heading east," Dean said. Emery noticed Dean's smirk, and caught onto what he was saying.

Sarah.

"Yeah, maybe there's a case in New York. Upstate," Emery and Dean shared a look. "I would really like to see Sarah again. I'm sure she'd like to see you."

"She's a cool chick, man. Smokin'," Dean whistled along with that statement. Emery felt a burst of jealous in her stomach, but pushed it away. "You two seemed pretty friendly. What'd you say?"

Sam let out a scoff, "Yeah, maybe, someday."

Emery almost face-palmed. Sam could be so clueless sometimes. Or he really wanted to find Yellow Eyes.

"But, in the meantime, we've got a lot of work to do, you know that."

"Yeah, you're right," Dean mumbled. "What else you got?"

"Uh, a man in Colorado, a local man named Daniel Elkins was found mauled in his home," Emery read over Sam's shoulder, before kissing his cheek. He sent her a small smile.

"Elkins, I know that name," Dean stated, thinking about it.

"Doesn't ring a bell," Sam stated, typing some stuff on his laptop.

"Don't strain yourself to much, Dean. It's just a name," Emery mumbled, hearing Dean mumble the last name under his breath.

"Seems like the police don't know what to think," Sam continued. "First they said it was some kind of bear attack, but now they found signs of robbery."

Emery watched as Dean pulled out John's journal, flipping through the pages, skimming over them. He seemed to find something as he stopped flipping the pages. He turned so it was facing Sam, before telling him to check it out.

"You think it's the same Elkins?" Sam asked.

"Look at the Colorado area code," Emery mumbled, looking with Sam at the book.

☪✡

The road to Colorado was a long one, once again. Emery found the joys of looking at the scenery as it sped by. Dean was obviously going faster than the speed limit, but that was okay with Emery.

It got them to their destination quicker.

They arrived at Daniel Elkins house just after dusk, going into twilight. Sam picked the lock as both Emery and Dean held up flashlights. Emery looked behind, smiling as she didn't notice their tracks through the snow. They concealed them like John had taught them to.

The house was eery as they stepped inside and Emery shivered from the cold. Her leather jacket wasn't in the best condition, considering there was a hole in the front of it from where Max had shot her.

The little bastard.

Emery and Dean walked into the house quietly, hoping that no monster was still in the house. Sam stuck by the door, checking something out. Emery split from Dean praying to God that she didn't need to pull out the gun that was tucked into her waistband, sending shivers up her spine as the cool metal pressed against her back.

"Looks like the maid didn't come today," Dean called out.

Emery turned on her heel, stalking to where the older man was. She stood on her tiptoes, her eyebrows raised as she peered over Dean's shoulder.

"You got that right."

"Hey, there's salt over here, right beside the door," Sam called back.

"You mean like protection against demon salt or 'oops I spilt the popcorn' salt?" Dean called back as Emery made her way around him and started rummaging through the disarray that looked like an office.

"Clearly a ring," she heard Sam say faintly as she picked up a leather bound book. Almost like a journal. 

Emery opened it and started flipping through the pages. Her eyes skimmed them quickly, noticing most of the entries about vampires. Obviously, this guy was a vampire hunter.

"So, you think this guy was a player?" Sam asked.

"Yeah, totally, considering I'm holding his journal," Emery said, stalking over to where the two Winchesters stood.

She dropped the journal in front of them, letting them leaf through it.

"That looks a helluva lot like dad's," Sam commented.

"Yeah, except this dates back to the sixties," Dean said, nodding his head at the book.

They started exploring the house more when Emery froze. Something was outside, watching them. She stealthily made her way to the window, pointing her flashlight out into the dark, winter's night. When she didn't see anything or one, she started looking around some more.

Emery met up with the boys inside another room, the windows on the roof smashed in.

"Whatever attacked him, there was more than one," Sam voiced what everyone was thinking.

"Looks like he put up a helluva fight too," Dean stated, pointing his flashlight at the trashed room.

"Yeah," Sam agreed and Emery just gaped. The floor was literally covered with stuff from the struggle Elkins probably put up.

They searched the room, looking through the trash and such. Emery noticed Dean kneel, looking at something that wasn't covered by trash.

"Find something?" She asked as her and Sam made their way to him.

"I don't know, there's scratches on the floor," Dean stated, his eyes skimming around the floor.

Sam said something that Emery didn't quite catch, being distracted by that feeling that something else was there. She heard Dean agree, before she turned back to the boys. She watched as Dean grabbed a piece of paper and a pencil, shading over it to get the pattern.

"Or maybe a message," Dean said, looking at the shading he just did. "Look familiar?"

He passed it to Sam, who held it so both Emery and himself could see.

"Three letters, six digits," Sam said, his flashlight moving across the paper. "Location and combination of a post office box. It's a mail drop."

"It's just the way dad does it," Dean stated.

Emery started making her way to the door and she glanced back to see the boys following.

☪✡

They easily cracked into the post office box, only to find a letter. That was addressed to the one and only John Winchester. Or J.W as written on the address it was meant for.

Sitting in the Impala, all three of the hunters examined the envelope.

"J.W, you think John Winchester?" Sam stated, glancing between Dean and the white piece of paper in his hand.

"I don't know, should we open it?" Dean asked.

Emery was about to say yes when there was a knocking on the Impala's window. The brunette let out a shriek, grabbing her gun and pointing it at the person standing outside. The gun lowered as she let out a sigh of relief.

John Winchester was poking his head to view into the car.

"Dad?" Dean sounded surprised.

Emery scooched over as John climbed into the backseat, before she gave the man a one arm hug. John pathetically returned it as Sam and Dean turned around to look at him.

"Dad, what are you doing here?" Sam asked, his face contorting in confusion. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm okay," John said, looking between the three younger hunters. "I read the news about Daniel. I got here as fast as I could. I saw you three up at his place."

"Why didn't you come in, Dad?" Sam asked.

"You know why! I had to make sure you weren't followed by anyone or anything," John stated. Emery looked down at her hands, playing with her fingers.

It was weird, seeing him. The last time they really spoke was when he told her she was something supernatural.

"Nice job covering your tracks, by the way."

"Yeah, well, we learned from the best," Dean stated, Emery looking up at him. He had that sparkle in his eye that he got whenever John complimented them. Emery gave him a soft smile, feeling bad about the fact that all Dean ever wanted was his father's approval.

"Wait, so you came all the way out here for this Elkins guy?" Sam asked, disbelief clear in his voice.

"Yeah, he was- he was a good man," John nodded. "He taught me a helluva lot about hunting."

"How come you never mentioned him to us?"

"We had a- we had kind of a falling out," John stated.

Emery rolled her eyes. Who hasn't he had a falling out with?

"I hadn't seen him in years," John stated. "I should look at that."

He was talking about the letter.

Dean passed it back to him and watched as he proceeded to open it up. John pulled out a piece of paper and unfolded it.

"If you're reading this," John read aloud. "I'm already dead." There was a small pause, before John voiced, "that son of a bitch, he had it the whole time."

"Had what?" Emery finally spoke up since John had entered the car.

"Dad, what?" Sam asked when John never answered.

"When you searched the place, did you see a- a gun. An antique. A colt revolver. Did you see it?" John was freaking out.

"There was an old case, but it was empty," Dean answered, looking back at his dad.

"They have it," John stated.

"You mean, whatever killed Elkins?" Dean asked.

"We got to pick up the trail," John stated, getting out of the Impala. He bent down and looked through the driver's window, which was rolled down.

"Wait, you want us to come with you?" Sam asked, his voice filled with disbelief.

"If Elkins was telling the truth, we have to find this gun," John stated.

"The gun, why?" Sam asked.

"Because, it's important, that's why."

And there was the John Emery knew. The one that was rash and demanding. The one that acted like his kids were soldiers and not the two people he held closest to his heart. The John Emery knew had pushed his boys arms length away because he thought that they were better not to get attached.

The John that missed his wife so much that he would go to hell and back just to get his vengeance. And he would drag Sam and Dean along, if that's what it took.

☪✡

The next thing Emery knew, they were in a hotel room and Emery hadn't gotten a wink of shut eye. She had just simply cuddled with Dean all night, staring into the darkness as he was the big spoon.

The girl had also watched John through the night. He hadn't slept either, making it his duty to try and find the blasted vampires that he had thought were extinct.

Emery wished she hadn't been dragged into this mess.

Suddenly, John was knocking the boys awake, Emery not listening and cuddling deeper into Dean. And then suddenly, he was pulling her up and shoving her out the door.

The asshat.

Emery had stayed in the car, too much testosterone in the air from the Winchester family to bare. Seriously, if she has to listen to them fight one more time, she's throwing herself out of the moving Impala.

When John was walking around the Impala, through Emery's over-tiredness, she heard John very clearly say, "Dean, why don't you touch up your car. It'll rust. I wouldn't have given you the damn thing if I'd thought you'd ruin it."

Emery could see Dean's ego deflate that little bit.

Sam was driving, surprisingly, and Emery was curled up in a blanket she found in the back. Dean was in the passenger seat, reading off Vampire Lore as they sped down the road, following John Winchester.

Emery swore they'd get eight tickets if the police came out of nowhere.

Dean was right when he said it was starting. Emery closed her eyes, wanting to punch the two in the back of the head. Sure, John was being his usual ass self and Sam was complaining about it, but Emery didn't care to listen. There was already too much stuff on her mind.

And at least they actually knew their birth parents. Emery felt like a piece was missing from her knowing that she doesn't know hers. She feels like she'll never be who she was meant to be until she knows why they gave her away.

Emery sighed as she looked out the window, it already dark since they've been driving for a while. She glance up when Dean got off the phone with John and she noticed Sam's pissed off face in the review mirror.

Uh-oh.

Emery swore they burned rubber when Sam sped up, pulling in front of John before making him stop.

"Are you fucking kidding me!" Emery exclaimed, already exhausted from the three boys.

How did mothers deal with three sons? Emery will forever be grateful to all the mothers out there that raise their sons to be respectable young men. It is seriously hard work.

She got out with everyone, following after them.

"What the hell was that?" John asked, obviously angry.

"We need to talk," Sam stated, also angry.

"About what?"

"About everything! Where we going, Dad? What's the big deal about this gun?"

"Sammy, come on, we can Q&A after we kill all the vampires!" Dean chimed in.

Emery was seriously about to explode.

"Your brother's right, we don't have time for this," John stated. They were grouped together, Sam and John facing each other, Dean to the side.

"Last time we saw you, you said it was too dangerous to be together! Now, out of the blue, you need our help! Obviously something big is going down and we want to know what!" Sam was shouting. Emery was cringing.

"Get back in the car," John spoke lowly.

"No," Sam said, his face defiant.

"I said get back in the damn car."

"Yeah, and I said no."

"Alright, you made-" Dean was interrupted.

"Would all of you just shut up!" Emery shouted, seething. She blew up. They all turned to her, Sam and Dean wide eyed. They'd never seen her like this. "Okay, I get it. John's being the dick he is and ordering us around, I get how it drives you up the wall, but is this really necessary?

"You're childhood was ruined by your dad, all because he had a vendetta. At least you knew who your dad is! I grew up thinking the Wilsons were my family, but guess what, I'm adopted. And I'd kill to have known who my parents were, so can all of you get your heads out of your asses and fight another time!"

All three men flinched as Emery sent them a death glare, before climbing into the backseat of the Impala, slamming the door with unnecessary force. She was still seething as she sat, panting from using up the air in her lungs.

Emery could almost feel the bullet in her lungs rattling at the deep breaths she was taking, Sam or Dean probably not having the guts to dig the damn thing out when she was shot.

Emery suddenly heard more fighting, and glanced outside to see Sam and John at it again. And that's when the tears came.

Emery didn't know why but as the tears started pouring down her cheeks, she got out of the Impala once again.

"Pick me up when you guys stopped fighting!" Emery called through her sobs, trying to mask them.

Emery glanced back, only to see that they hadn't even noticed her leaving.

She walked for a few miles, before she fell onto the side of the road, finally breaking down. Her sobs shook her body and she honestly didn't know how long she was crying for, all she knew was that a car was coming down the road.

It was an old classic, but was so rusted and discoloured that Emery couldn't tell what make or model. But it stopped beside her, pulling to the side of the road.

A male stepped out, smirking as he looked down at her. She reached for the gun in her waistband, pulling it out and aiming it him.

"I'd stay back, asshat," Emery said, her voice strong even in her moment of weakness.

The guy laughed. "What's wrong, sweetheart? Why've you been crying?"

He took a step forward, Emery matching it with a step back.

"I said, stay back, I don't want to use this," she flipped the safety off, hoping that this guy wasn't anything supernatural, and if he was, could be killed by silver.

"Look, I'm just trying to be friendly! Why's a pretty girl like you all alone out here," he took a step forward, this time Emery staying planted.

"Last warning, asshole," Emery spat through clenched teeth.

The guy didn't listen and took a step forward. Emery heard the gun shot as she pulled the trigger, the bullet landing in the man's throat. Some blood squirted out of it, but the guy just glared at her angrily.

"You're gonna regret that, bitch!" The guy charged her.

Emery dived out of the way. She narrowly missed him, landing on her knees before scrambling to get to her feet. She got up just in time to see his fangs extend, before she took off running.

He was too fast, however. Emery panicked as he grabbed her from behind, the feeling of his fangs plunging into her skin making her scream.

And then it all stopped. The vampire let her go and she turned around to see his veins in his arms glowing blue. The colour traveled up his arm and towards his chest. He was staring at her like she was a queen.

"Um, go back to where you came from?" It came out more of a question than a statement. The vampire turned and started to walk away. Before he got into his car, Emery shouted, "And forget this happened when you get there!"

The mister sent her one last look before driving away, leaving Emery standing on the side of the road. She could feel herself bleeding from where he bit her, but it would heal eventually.

Suddenly, she heard the familiar rumbling of the Impala. Smiling, she watched the beautiful classic car pull up to the side of the road, before she was scurrying into it.

She sent Sam and Dean a smile and she noticed that John had pulled up in front of them.

"Where were you, Em?" Dean asked her, looking worried.

"I walked for awhile, before I just sat on the side of the road. Nothing serious happened except for me falling asleep," Emery lied, moving her hair to cover the bite mark. "So, are we gonna go vampire hunting?"

______________

edited.

i hated writing this. john and sam's fighting was so annoying omg.

these next chapters are dedicated to vividparacosm because when i noticed she voted for SW, i fangirled a little. also dedicated to antebellums because she just posted a Dean fic and its already beautiful.

something wicked is back up guys, so if you wanna check that out, please do.

also, vote, comment and follow me, please.

i love you all,

bye.

p.s. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR ALL THE READS! YOU GUYS ARE AMAZING!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

45.1K 651 20
Dean Winchester x Reader love story Mature themes + Romance *warning 18+* These are not all my characters they are from the show supernatural. Book 2...
63K 1.5K 72
"You're destroying me Winchester!" "That's good!" Meeting those boys was either her biggest mistake or something she need the most in her life. A Boo...
953 42 20
~Wherever you are, wherever you go, may your Guardian Angel always be with you.~ For Sam and Dean Winchester, flirting with danger has never been an...
84.2K 3.5K 32
i know my girlfriend is a 𝗪𝗜𝗧𝗖𝗛 ◦•◦ season 2 - 4 dean winchester x female oc *slow updates* ◦•◦ WARNING ; bloody/gory descriptions, major chara...