100 Things You Didn't Know Ab...

Galing kay OfficialHungerGames

Think you're the BIGGEST Fan ever? Test yourself with these Hunger Games facts! Higit pa

Untitled Story Part

404 15 41
Galing kay OfficialHungerGames

1. The 'Hunger Games' set had 100-degree heat and bears.

2. The lead characters are contracted for the entire franchise.

3. The movie cost $90 milion to make, reduced to $78 million after subsidies.

4. Elizabeth Banks, who played District 12 escort Effie Trinket, said the worst part of her costume was the lengthy bejeweled nails because she couldn't unbutton herself or even go to the bathroom without assistance.

5. Lenny Kravitz and Jennifer Lawrence knew each other before the film, which added chemistry between their characters.

6. Actor Stanley Tucci donned a spray tan and lots of makeup and wore a bright blue wig, blue eyebrows and false teeth to portray the host of 'The Hunger Games', Caesar Flickerman in the film.

7. Half-thawed blueberries were used in the film to portray nightlock, a poisonous berry so deadly it kills those who consume it in less than a minute.

8. Fans have combined the names of Katniss and her love interest, Peeta, giving them the shipping name "Peeniss".

9. Actor Josh Hutcherson read the entire trilogy in five days to prepare for his role as Peeta.

10. Most of the movie was shot in the woods of North Carolina, especially in and around Charlotte and Asheville.

11. The film holds the record for the fifth-best opening day ever, bringing in a whopping $68.3 million (including $19.7 million for midnight showings).

12. The chances of their book sequels 'Catching Fire' and 'Mockingjay' being converted into films depended on the money the first movie made. Due to the success of the first movie, 'Catching Fire' is now being produced.

13. The film's costume designers made a minimum of 1,800 elaborate costumes for the citizens of the Capitol.

14. More than 35 full-time makeup artists were needed to work on the main characters and over 500 extras.

15. Taylor Swift contributed two songs to the soundtrack: "Eyes Open" and "Safe & Sound" featuring The Civil Wars.

16. Actor Alexander Ludwig gained 30 to 40 pounds in order to play the role of Cato.

17. Author Suzanne Collins came up with the idea for the book after watching footage of the invasion of Iraq and a reality TV show. The two ideas combined to form "The Hunger Games."

18. "The Hunger Games" has been translated into 26 different languages.

19. Emma Roberts, Hailee Steinfeld, Saoirse Ronan, Abigail Breslin and Chloe Grace Moretz also auditioned for the role of Katniss.

20. Tickets went on sale four weeks before the premiere, and sales broke the record held by The Twilight Saga: Eclipse for the most advance tickets sold in one day, and accounted for 83% of total sales that day.

21. Actor Wes Bentley revealed that the strange beard he sported when playing Seneca Crane was made entirely from his own beard, not from fake hair.

22. Liam Hemsworth and Jennifer Lawrence, both natural blondes, dyed their hair brown for the film, while naturally dark-haired Josh Hutcherson dyed his hair blonde.

23. Director Gary Ross chose to include shaky camera work to reflect the urgency of the situation in the arena and the protagonist's point of view.

24. The name of the fictional nation, Panem, is derived from "Panem et Circenses," or "Bread and Circuses," which refers to the later days of the Roman Empire when the government kept the people satisfied by providing violent entertainment instead of carrying out public services.

25. The name 'Katniss' comes from the name of an edible plant species, genus "Sagittaria," commonly known as "arrowhead." This is a reference to her badass archery skills.

26. Clove's death in the book was too graphic to be shown in the movie, so she was thrown against the Cornucopia wall instead.

27. The producers had to bring towels to the set for the stars, as Alecander Ludwig revealed that it was hot enough to make them sweat during feeling.

28. Jacqueline Emerson, who played Foxface, accidentally gave herself a black eye while doing a curlup during her Hunger Games training.

29. Other fans ship Katniss and Peeta together to make 'Katpee'.

30. Jennifer Lawrence told Dayo Okeniyi that his fly was down while filming the scene where Thresh saves Katness from Clove.

31. Josh Hutcherson made Jennifer Lawrence pee her pants when he scared her with a dummy that looked just like her and put it on the toilet!

32. Jacqueline Emerson revealed that the crew's anthem was 'Tonight' by Ne-Yo.

33. In the film, District 6 was the first district to lose both members.

34. On the first night, some of the tributes that had died didn't show up in the sky.

35. Leigha Hancock was spotted training for District 7, and she was one of the shortest female tributes.

36. Kara Peterson, Kalia Prescott, and Jacqueline Emerson have become best friends while filming the movie.

37. Leigha Hancock, Jack Quaid and Ashton Moio also became good friends during filming.

38. The cast had a swear jar, and whenever an older cast member would swear in front of a younger star, they had to put money in the jar.

39. Leven Rambin and Alexander Ludwig were rumoured to be dating.

40.The tribute from district 3 (Kalia Prescott) was named Amber in the October Panem.

41. The movie sequel 'Catching Fire' premieres in November 2013.

42. Jacqueline, Kalia, Dayo, Amanda, and Ethan went to see the movie at the same theatre on the same day.

43. Amanda and Jacqueline wrote a Hunger Games rap as a farewell to the rest of the cast.

44. Alexander Ludwig modelled for Abercrombie before making his big break in The Hunger Cames as Cato.

45. District 8 male tribute (Samuel Tan) and District 3 female tribute (Kalia Prescott) both get injured in the training arena.

46. Alexander Ludwig's favourite Disney movie is The Lion King.

47. We don't find out what Marvel's name is until the Victory Tour in Catching Fire. He was always referred to as the District One male tribute throughout the first book.

48. Jack Quaid, who played Marvel, was born to Hollywood A-listers. His mum is Meg Ryan and his dad is Dennis Quaid.

49. During filming, someone stepped on a hornet's nest that sent bees everywhere! Amandla got stung on the cheek and Jennifer Lawrence had to pull her out of the swarm to get to safety!

50. Although the character of Effie Trinket appeared in all three books and was featured prominently in the movie, the character's name, Effie Trinket, was never actually mentioned in the movie.

51. The author of The Hunger Games, Suzanne Collins, says Josh nailed his audition as Peeta.

52. Josh Hutcherson was scared to death of the wicked witch of the west in 'The Wizard Of Oz' and even had nighmares about her!

53. Alexander Ludwig and Liam Hemsworth originally auditioned for the role of Peeta, but were beathen by Josh.

54. Isabelle Fuhram originally auditioned for the role of Katniss, but she was too young to plat the character, so she was offered the role of Clove instead.

55. Both Jacqueline Emerson (Foxface) and Alexander are singers and can be found on YouTube!

56. Alexander Ludwig, Liam Hemsworth and Josh Hutcherson all had to work out for four hours a day with a US Navy Seal to get into shape for their roles.

57. The cast weren't allowed to take home mementos from set.

58. The Cornucopia took 10 weeks to build.

59. It took 2 and a half hours to transform Elizabeth Banks into Effie, but 45 minutes less when she wore gloves, instead of having hernails done.

60. Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth think that the only way The Hunger Games and Twilight are similar is that they both have large fanbases.

61. Alexander Ludwig says that the best thing about playing Cato is that he can be free with the role and be as bad as he wants.

62. Jennifer Lawrence recorded "Rue's Lullaby" for the Hunger Games soundtrack.

63. Alexander Ludwig found the scene where Rue is decorated with flowers 'extremely moving'.

64. Elizabeth Banks says she's a massive fan of Peeta, because he's a lover, not a fighter.

65. Jackie Emerson goes around to the extras and crew and introduces herself as much as she can.

66. All principle characters were on a high protein diet and worked out every morning.

67. Vanilla ice-cream was served on the set everyday.

68. The tribute interviews were filmed at Knight Theater.

69. Liam Hemsworth said that he usually trains six days a week with surfing, lifting weights and boxing to keep fit.

70. Apparently, the costumes worn by Alexander Ludwig, Jack Quaid and Isabelle Fuhrman were really fun to slide across the set's waiting room.

71. Jack Quaid had to put on 16 lbs of muscle before shooting began, and even then he still had to work out every morning.

72. Within three weeks of intense training for The Hunger Games, Josh Hutcherson put on about 15 pounds of muscle.

73. Josh Hutcherson said that Jennifer Lawrence isn't much taller than him, so she won't tower over him in the movie.

Jennifer Lawrence

74. Jennifer Lawrence's salary for the film is $500,000 plus 'escalators.

75. It took Jennifer 3 days to accept the role of Katniss, as she was scared of what the transition from indie darling to mainstream actress would do to her career.

76. While on set, Jennifer Lawrence tried to kick over Josh Hutcherson's head and accidentally kicked him in the head, knocking him out and giving him a concussion.

77. Lawrence appeared in "X-Men: First Class" alongside Lenny Kravitz's daughter, Zoe, and the two have remained friends ever since.

78. Jennifer Lawrence decided to pursue an acting career after a boy from Kentucky made it big in Hollywood. That boy was Josh Hutcherson.

79. Jennifer Lawrence won her first oscar when she was 22, and fell over on her way up to the stage.

80. On the last day of her six week training, she had an accident where she hit a wall while running at full speed. Luckily, she wasn't seriously injured.

81. She pulled out of playing the female lead in savages to play Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games instead.

82. While growing up, she was a total tomboy, she played field hockey, softball and basketball on an all-boys ream. One of her nicknames was Nitro.

83. She finished high school to years early to pursue her acting career.

84. She auditioned for the role of Bella in the Twilight Saga.

85. Jennifer Lawrence came in 7th this year for Total Film's 30 Hottest Rising Actors Right Now' list.

86. She says the only time she is ever serious is in front of the camera.

87. Jennifer Lawrence says that she could watch Bridget Jones's Diary over and over.

88. She has revealed that she would like to direct at some point, but she doesn't know where she will be in 10 years.

89. She refuses to have a Facebook or Twitter account, just like Liam Hemsworth.

90. Jennifer Lawrence was first discovered when a photographer took her picture in New York.

Liam Hemsworth

91. Actor Chris Hemsworth ("Thor") told his brother Liam Hemsworth he needed to lose weight to play the role of Gale. After all, his character was supposed to be starving!

92. Liam started acting on an Australian TV show called 'Neighbours' where he played Josh Taylor, an athletic paraplegic.

93. Liam used to be a competitive surfer, and he was competing with the top surfers in Victoria, Australia.

94. When he was practicing for his auditions, he got his brother Chris to help him. Chris took on the role of Katniss during their practice.

95. His first job was in a bakery in Australia called 'Bakers Delight'.

96. He almost played the lead role in Thor, but the part went to his brother Chris Hemsworth.

97. Liam told his agents that he would burn his house down if the rold of Gale went to another actor.

98. He puts on an American accent for The Hunger Games, although he is from Melbourne, Australia.

99. One of his favourite things to do in his spare time is to go skateboarding.

100. He once split the back of his ear open when a ball hit him.

Who's ready for Mockingjay Part 2? We are!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

6.6M 179K 55
⭐️ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏꜱᴛ ʀᴇᴀᴅ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ ꜰᴀɴꜰɪᴄᴛɪᴏɴ ᴏɴ ᴡᴀᴛᴛᴘᴀᴅ ⭐️ ʜɪɢʜᴇꜱᴛ ʀᴀɴᴋɪɴɢꜱ ꜱᴏ ꜰᴀʀ: #1 ɪɴ ꜱᴛᴀʀ ᴡᴀʀꜱ (2017) #1 ɪɴ ᴋʏʟᴏ (2021) #1 IN KYLOREN (2015-2022) #13...
584K 9K 86
A text story set place in the golden trio era! You are the it girl of Slytherin, the glue holding your deranged friend group together, the girl no...
11.5M 298K 23
Alexander Vintalli is one of the most ruthless mafias of America. His name is feared all over America. The way people fear him and the way he has his...
299K 9K 100
Daphne Bridgerton might have been the 1813 debutant diamond, but she wasn't the only miss to stand out that season. Behind her was a close second, he...