Bittersweet Love

By SamanthaVR

James De Luca, a powerful Italian billionaire, gorgeous and sexy with a heart of stone. He is incredibly rich... More

Bittersweet Love
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chaptet 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Im Back....Possibly

Chapter 1

22.3K 770 64
By SamanthaVR

Recommended Song For Chapter: "Sugar" by Maroon 5

"Siblings-the definition that comprises love, strife, competition and forever friends."
------ Byron Pulsifer

Chapter 1

Allison's POV

"Allie, stop touching the radio!" I turn to look at Daniel, whom was sitting in the drivers seat with his hands gripping on to the steering wheel; looking and focusing on the road ahead of us.

We are currently on our way to De Luca Worldwide, which is where my interview would be conducted. Daniel had volunteered to drop me off before going to work at the station. He had his police uniform on, with a black tie and black police hat on.

We were doing fine in the car until I had wanted to change the radio station and Daniel objected, saying he "liked the song." This caused us to start arguing over who had control over the radio.

"Why can't I change it?" I ask. "You don't even like or know this song," I said. Daniel grins and takes a quick glance at me before looking back at the road.

"How do you know I don't like this song? And I don't want you having control over the radio. It's my car," Daniel explains, emphasizing the word 'my.'

I roll my eyes and reach to change the station to be slapped on the hand. "Ow," I complained, retreating my hand back quickly.

"That's what you get for touching my radio. Now stop trying," Daniel responds with a smirk. I gave him a playful glare and crossed my arms over my chest, "Fine I won't touch the radio."

I take a brief look at Daniel before quickly changing the station. "Allie, stop!" He yelled.

That's when "Sugar" by Maroon 5 begins to play through the speakers. This song brings back memories from our family barbecue a few months ago. I smile at Daniel and start to sing along to the chorus of one of my favorite songs.

"Your sugar
Yes, please
Won't you come and put it down on me?" I sing along, dancing in my seat.

"I'm right here, 'cause I need
Little love, a little sympathy," Daniel joined in, chuckling at the end.

"Yeah, you show me good loving
Make it alright
Need a little sweetness in my life," We sing together, dancing a little in our seats as we approach a stop light.

"See. If I hadn't changed the station we wouldn't be having so much fun," I announce to my brother, who rolls his eyes.

"Yeah, yeah. Anyways, this interview must be for a big company or something. Right?" Daniel asks.

"Yeah, why?" I  look at my brother questioningly. He had never really asked about what the job was or whom I would be working for. He just knew I really wanted the job.

"Well you're outfit looks like something Camilla would wear. It's too sophisticated and elegant as if it were to be worn at an office." I look down at my outfit to see that Daniel was right. This was not something I usually wore or would have chosen for myself. But Camilla had begged me to let her pick out my interview outfit and I couldn't say I regretted that decision.

She had picked me out a light gray knee length skirt, a white blouse with a nude belt wrapped around the waist, and a matching pair of nude heels. The outfit was embellished with a beautiful necklace given to me by my father and my strawberry blonde hair was pulled back into a messy bun, pulling the whole elegant look together.

"Well, you're right. Camilla picked this out and I let her because we both wanted me to make a good first impression," I reply, watching as Daniel parks in front of the office building.

"Are you ready for this?" Daniel asks. I take a deep breath before turning to my brother and nodding. I am incredibly nervous, but I feel somewhat confident that I could get through this interview. I want this job and I just need the self confidence to get it.

"You can do this, Allie. Show them what you're made of," Daniel tells me, giving me an encouraging smile as I get out of his car. I nod my head in response, acknowledging his kind words of encouragement.

"Thanks and by the way, you don't have to pick me up. After the interview I'll go visit the restaurant Camilla works at. It's close by," I tell him. He nods and waves before driving away, slowly.

I turn around and make my way into the large business building, listening to my heels click against the concrete steps.

I step into the lobby and my eyes widen in amazement. The lobby is one of the most elegant places I have ever seen. My eyes devour everything from the spotless white marble floors to the crystal clear chandeliers hanging from the ceiling.

I look to my left and find several areas of the room that is decorated with small coffee tables and three large, black leather couches. Each table was adorned with a beautiful vase of fresh looking red roses.

I glance over my shoulder to see many people standing and waiting in line for the elevators. Men and women are dressed in elegant clothing, fitting in with their surroundings. Many talked with each other, hugged, or just gave a simple smile. I stare and wonder if tomorrow I would be one of those people.

"Hey, girl with the red hair! Are you lost?" I heard a high-pitched, almost nasal, voice ask.

I roll my eyes," I'm a strawberry blonde." I look to where the voice came from and saw a girl with a black miniskirt, white blouse with a very plunging neckline and very bright red lipstick; calling me over to the front desk.

I cringe at her appearance while I walk up to the front desk. "I'm not lost. I'm just here for the interview."

"Well the interview isn't where you were standing. It's located on the thirty-fifth floor." She rudely explain rudely, chewing her bubblegum as if she is a cow.

"Okay. Thank you, Ashley." I say, reading her name off her name tag. She just gives me a fake smile and goes back to typing on her computer.

I couldn't understand how someone like her or dressed like her got a job at a company like this. But I could imagine why she passed the interview and got the job.

I take the next elevator up and find myself standing next to a very attractive man. The man was about 5'10" in height with a well built, toned physique. He displays a strong bone structure with high cheeks bones and a solid jaw line. His dark brown, almost black hair and eyebrows strikingly contrasted with the intensity of his light blue eyes.

"Excuse me, are you new?" The man asked with a warm smile. "Sorry I'm asking. I've just never seen you around before."

"No, I'm not new. I'm here for an interview. My name's Allison Green," I answer.

"Well Allison, my name is Adrian --," he is cut off by the elevator bell and the elevator doors opening.

"I'm sorry, but I'm running late for a meeting. It was nice meeting you and good luck on your interview." He gives me one last smile before walking out the doors of the elevator and leaving me alone.

I sigh and exit the elevator doors, checking the time on my phone. My interview is in ten minutes; I still hadn't signed in yet. I groan as I struggle to put my phone away in my purse while trying to walk.

My pace quickened as I walked closer to the middle aged secretary's desk. I am in front of the desk when I bump into someone.

"What the Hell?!"

"Woah!" I immediately look up to see a man standing there- tall, intimidatingly handsome, with a slender, lanky, yet muscular body.

My eyes widen a little as I take in his perfectly chiselled face and the hard square of his jaw, the softer curve of his full lips. My lips part when I take notice of his clear, stormy, ocean like eyes and his slightly curly, dark brown hair.

"Damn it. Watch where you're going!" I hear his angry yet rough voice yell at me. "You made me spill my coffee!"

My blood boils as I hear those words. He had the nerve to say those words to me when he is the one that bumped into me. "Excuse me, correct me if I'm wrong but you were the one that bumped into me and caused your coffee to spill all over your shirt!" I say, just as I finish helping him pick up his papers before taking a quick look at the arrogant stranger.

His eyes soften when his eyes met mine but quickly turn back to his hard piercing blue eyes. He takes the files out of my hands before walking away, muttering curses under his breath.

I roll my eyes at his poor manners. 'A  thank you would have been nice' I think to myself before turning to face the front desk.

"Hello, my name is Allison Green and I'm here for my interview with Mr. De Luca," I explain with a smile.

"I'm Sally and It's nice to meet you, Miss Green. I will sign you in and call you when it's you're turn. You may sit and wait in the sitting area with the others." Sally smiles, pointing to the small sitting area where other women sit.

I sit down next to a woman, who wears a red skin tight dress with a plunging neckline and very high black six inch heels. I hold back my sudden urge to cringe as I looked up at her face.

Her face is caked up with make up and a red lipstick that was far too bright.

I glance at the other women and notice that they wore practically the same thing the girl next to me wore.

"Britney Flint!"

The woman next to me stands up with a smirk. I watch as she pulled the bottom of her dress up and pull the top down. "Wish me luck girls," she whispers to some of the other women, who giggle at her actions.

I scoff at  their giggles and at Britney. But a part of me couldn't help but wonder if these are the type of women Mr. De Luca hire. If he does, then I definitely wouldn't get the job.

Fifteen minutes pass, Britney returned, looking flustered and angry. "He is such a jerk. I was ready to do everything with him and he kicked me out, calling me a whore. That man is unbelievable!" Britney yells. "Be careful with him, girls!" She warns before stomping off towards the elevators.

I softly chuckle at her small tantrum but hid it with a cough when I begin to receive looks from the other girls. I simply smile back at them, feeling pleased about Britney not getting the job.

"Allison Green!"

My palms begin to sweat as I stand up and walk to the front desk. Anxiety crashes over me, curling into my stomach. The feeling of anxiety comes back, no matter how hard I try to stop it.

"Good luck, Honey. Don't be nervous. You'll do great," Sally says with an encouraging smile," Mr. De Luca's office is the office with the black door at the end of the hall."

I nod my head. "Thank you, Sally."

I continue to walk down the long hallway, admiring the beautiful paintings that hung on the creamy beige walls. The walls themselves are adorned with a beautiful white trim on the top and bottom, giving a look of elegance.

I soon arrive at the end of the hall, in front of the big black office door with a plaque reading in black 10 inch letters JAMES DE LUCA, CEO OF DE LUCA WORLDWIDE.

The strong feeling of anxiety possesses my body again. I take a deep breath, hoping to relieve some of the emotion. 'You can do this, Allie. It's now or never' I think to myself.

I take one last deep breath before gaining the courage enough to knock on the black office door.

"Come in!" I hear a familiar voice call. I reach for the door handle and slowly open the door. My eyes meet with a familiar pair of stormy, ocean like eyes as I enter the room.

"Well if it isn't Miss coffee spiller."

I freeze and my breath hitches inside my throat. I couldn't believe it was him... The same man that bumped into me. That very same man is James De Luca....

~~~~~~~~~~~

Thanks for reading and tell me what you think!

Editor: bilautaaxoxo

Dedicated to: one of my best friends, whynotread24 , for always supporting me!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

907K 30.5K 38
Alessandro De Luca couldn't forget his childhood crush, Isabella Martinelli after they had spent the night on her birthday. As much as Alessandro ha...
4.6M 149K 34
Italian billionaire was ruthless and unforgiving he never knew what it meant to love a woman. That is after he met Rose Olden the women with the shar...
8K 519 50
Emerson Hemsworth. Billionaire. CEO of Hemsworth Industries.Player. Ruthless and the most feared man of the States. And of course. Dangerous. Jennif...
971K 39.9K 25
Book 3 Johnathan Giordano, Italian billionaire. CEO of his family's business is a man feared by many for his known ice cold persona. He's as smooth i...