Uncontrollable{COMPLETED}

By poseidonwithu

Tartarus had damaged Percy more than he let on. He should have told someone before it got this bad. But now i... More

Chapter One
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Epilogue
A/N

Chapter 3

11K 260 129
By poseidonwithu

Everywhere Percy went, people avoided him. He could see the fear in their eyes whenever he walked past them. He was ashamed, but also glad. Ninety percent of the time, it was because he knew that this way, they wouldn't get hurt by him during one of his episodes, as Chiron had started calling them. The other ten percent, ironically, was during his "episodes" and he always felt even more empowered by their obvious fear of him. And he wasn't ashamed at all. No matter how hard he tried, he almost never could stomp down on his chaotic impulses. He soon became reluctant to even go near water, let alone swim in it. His greatest ally had now become his worst enemy. Since he forbade himself any contact with water, he made up for it by throwing himself into sword fighting. While most of the campers relaxed and played volleyball, or climbed the rock wall, Percy was always fighting in the arena, decapitating dummies with a stony expression. One afternoon while Percy was training, Annabeth walked into the arena, and Percy stopped mid-swing. Her eyes had dark bags under them, and Percy knew she had stayed up late the night before. However, she still smiled brightly at him.

"I would hug you, but you're kinda soggy," Annabeth remarked. Percy recapped Riptide and sat down, cringing a little as he drained a whole bottle of water. He hoped Annabeth hadn't seen, but of course she had.

"Percy, you've got to stop beating yourself up about this," she said tiredly.

"But I'm dangerous to my own friends!" 

"Yes, but-"

"It is my fault, so don't even say it's not!" Percy said angrily.

"I was going to say that it's only partly your fault. Because it's like your brain is cut in half; good Percy and bad Percy. While good Percy would never voluntarily want to hurt other campers-- well, not without good reason anyway-- bad Percy would. So therefore, it's only 50% percent your fault," Annabeth explained. 

"That explanation was insulting! Do you think I'm five or something?" Percy asked in mock-outrage, his anger quickly disappearing.  Annabeth grinned and said, "Maybe I do. Sometimes you act like you're five." 

"That's it!" Percy said, grinning mischievously. He tackled Annabeth, ignoring her squeals of "Ew, you're still sweaty!" and started tickling her without mercy. In between gasps of breath, Annabeth managed to say, "Okay, okay, I take it back!" Annabeth's laughter had been infectious, and as he let up on his tickling, he was still laughing a little. He grabbed her in a hug, and for the first time in a few days, he actually felt happy again. After a while Annabeth asked, "Where were we?" 

"Hmm?" Percy asked, not paying attention, trying to lose himself in her reassuring scent.

"Oh!" She jumped up, out of Percy's arms. "Chiron wanted to talk to you!" 

"How long has it been since you were supposed to tell me this?" Percy asked.

"Um, about an hour," Annabeth said, checking her delicate watch. Percy didn't know she had it, and idly wondered when she got it.

"Oops. I hope Chiron didn't mind waiting, then," Percy said sheepishly, focusing back in on the matter at hand. 

"Race you to the Big House, Seaweed Brain," Annabeth called, already running.

"Hey! That's not fair!" Percy complained, laughing.

When they arrived at the Big House, they saw Chiron sitting on the porch, enduring a game of pinochle with Mr. D. They climbed the stairs to the house, trying to look apologetic. Chiron got up out of his wheelchair, excusing himself. Mr. D grumbled something about stupid brat children and ordered one of the satyrs nearby to get him some grapes. They left the satyr scrambling about and followed Chiron into the Big House. The centaur sat down in the rec room and raised an eyebrow. 

"Didn't mind keeping me waiting, did you?" He asked, his brown eyes twinkling. 

"I'm really sorry, Chiron, but we got distracted," Annabeth said, and she did sound regretful. Percy nodded as she talked, admiring her acting skills.

"No matter. I have called you here to discuss Percy's episodes, and my plan I mentioned when you were in the infirmary," Chiron said. Annabeth started to stand, but Percy said, "No it's okay, you can stay. Actually it'd probably be better if you stayed." Chiron nodded his assent and continued.

"I have warned you of the, ah, flimsiness of the plan?" 

"Yeah." Percy remembered Chiron's warning, but he didn't care. Anything to help him would be welcome. He took Annabeth's hand for support.

"Before we do anything, we must talk to your father, Poseidon. We must tell him about your...situation," Chiron said delicately. Annabeth squeezed Percy's hand.

"Maybe he'll be able to help," she said. Chiron inclined his head. 

"You and Annabeth shall go to Mt. Olympus tomorrow and talk to Poseidon. Argus will drive you there. I shall provide you with nectar and ambrosia just in case. Since the war with Mother Earth, the monsters seem to be hiding in Tartarus, but it is good to be prepared at all times." Annabeth nodded, her gray eyes stormy, as though she was thinking a million things at once. Knowing her, she probably was. 

"So, we go to Mt. Olympus tomorrow, hope the monsters will leave us alone, and talk to my dad? Got it," Percy said. Chiron nodded. 

"Unfortunately, talking with your father is the only lead I have, and it is the only step of the plan, so I can only hope that he can help," Chiron said, sounding worried and tired. His eyes were full of sadness. 

"It is almost time for dinner," Chiron said, and sure enough, the conch sounded in the distance. "Tomorrow morning, you will eat breakfast, then meet me here and I'll send you off." Percy and Annabeth nodded, then walked down to the dining pavilion. Percy smelled barbecue and his stomach growled. Annabeth pecked his cheek and said, "I'll see you later," then went off to the Athena table. Percy watched her go sadly. Tyson was working at Poseidon's undersea forges, so Percy's table was lonely. After he got his food, he walked over to the braziers and scraped part of his food into the fire. The smoke smelled of the ocean. Dad, please help me. If you can do anything for me, please do it, Percy thought. As he walked back to the Poseidon table, everyone gave him a wide berth. However, he still heard the whispers.

"Did you hear what he did to Mitchell?"

"He's freaky. I don't want to be anywhere near him."

"I heard he's insane. Like, actually insane."

Percy gritted his teeth and kept his head down. Just ignore them, just ignore them, just ignore them, he told himself. He spared a glance up, and saw Annabeth smiling at him encouragingly. A little sadly, but encouraging nonetheless. Percy smiled back, trying to communicate his gratefulness to her. He made it back to his table without incident. 

Chiron announced Capture the Flag, but Percy didn't pay attention. He wasn't going to inflict his company on the other campers when they so obviously didn't want it. 

After dinner, when everyone else was playing Capture the Flag, Percy hid in his cabin. Tomorrow, he'd talk to his dad, and hopefully get some advice. Or maybe Poseidon would be able to cure him completely. But somehow, Percy doubted that. Eventually, he fell asleep.

Percy was standing at the entrance to Tartarus. 

"What are you waiting for? Just jump," a voice goaded. Percy recognized the voice as Gaea's.

"Leave me alone, Dirt Woman," Percy said.

"But you know that you belong in Tartarus. You're hardly human anymore. Just jump."

"Yeah, and have you as my neighbor? No thanks, lady," Percy replied scornfully. He took out Riptide and slashed through the dream. He was in his mom's apartment.

"Oh, I just know something's happened to him," Sally was saying frantically.

"I'm sure he's fine. He can take care of himself," Paul replied, although he sounded a little worried, too. 

"I wouldn't be able to live with myself if something's happened to him and I'm just sitting here!"

"Sally, I hate to say it, I really do, but you wouldn't be able to help him, anyway." Paul tried to calm her down, and eventually, he succeeded. 

"Your poor mother is in hysterics. Don't you feel guilty?"  Gaea's voice said, coming from all around him. He felt claustrophobic. 

"Now you're really grasping at straws. Luckily she has someone to calm her down," Percy replied. "You really need to work on your threats. Or has being defeated taken the gusto out of them?"

"When I rise again, you will be the first to feel my wrath, Perseus Jackson!" 

"Ooh, do you hear that? That's the sound of me not being afraid. Look, the ground isn't even shaking. Well, while this chat has been fun, I've gotta go," Percy said cheerfully. Then he woke up.

Sunlight was streaming through his window. Percy remembered his dream, where Gaea had tried to make him doubt himself. He laughed spitefully. Gaea couldn't do anything to him anymore. She'd stay nice and dead for awhile now. Or at least, asleep. Leo had ensured that. Percy's spirits dropped at the thought of Leo. Sure, he'd been annoying, but he was Percy's friend. Percy missed him everyday. Percy put on some clean jeans and his camp t-shirt, then hid in his cabin until he heard the conch. 

Breakfast passed in a blur. Before he knew it, he and Annabeth were walking up to the Big House together.

"How are you holding up?" Annabeth asked him. Up until now, Percy had been strangely numb, and now he felt anxious and slightly scared.

"Nervous," he admitted. "I feel like Poseidon's not going to be able to help me." 

"I'm nervous too," Annabeth told him.

"Why?"

"Because, in case you have noticed, Seaweed Brain, I love you!" Annabeth said, half-laughing. Percy smiled. 

"I love you too, Wise Girl. Now let's get this over with." 

Chiron was waiting for them in the rec room. He promptly handed over their supplies, making sure that Percy had Riptide and Annabeth had her Yankees cap. He escorted them up the hill. 

"Always be alert. Like I said before, most of the monsters will have disappeared, but some might still be around. Be careful," Chiron told them. While Annabeth reassured him that they'd be careful, Percy turned and surveyed Camp Half-Blood. It was bathed in morning sunlight, and the strawberry fields were glistening as the satyrs played their music among the fruit. A few campers were playing volleyball in the sand pit. The scene was peaceful, and Percy's heart wrenched. He wished he was part of that scene. But he wasn't, and his heart gave a melancholy pang. Camp Half-Blood was his home, and now, he was a danger among it. Percy forced himself to turn around. Argus honked the horn of the camp's white van as it rolled into view below. As they set off down the hill, Chiron saluted them as usual, and Percy tried not to think about finality of the situation.

A/N: excuse me, past self, but there's no AN. wowie i can't believe it. but anyway, this chapter is safe from typos(i hope i could be wrong)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

130K 2.6K 12
(DON'T READ THIS VERSION, I HAVE A COMPLETELY NEW VERSION THAT IS WRITTEN FAR BETTER ON MY PROFILE) Percy Jackson has had a hard life, and no one den...
364K 11.1K 69
They're gone. The gods always known that the children of the Big Three were liabilities. They were dangerously powerful and extremely decisive. And...
506K 6.6K 57
Percy was loved by a nice girlfriend, best friends he would give his life for, a family, keyword WAS, past tense. His life spirals down to Tartarus w...
17K 439 25
Percico!! When Percy and Annabeth break up, Nico is the only one to see how much it's affecting Percy. When Percy locks himself in his cabin, Nico fo...