Kingdom Hearts: Mirrored Hear...

By Midnight_Lily

Ayame, on a night her home, radiant garden was being swarmed by heartless not only was she saved by the one... More

An Innocent Heart
Light Within an Emerged Darkness
A New Found Heart
Oblivion of the Heart
Different Hearts
The Strength With Darkness
One and The Same
A Raptured Wing
A Clear Mind
A Crimson Sunset
A Complex Mind With A Dark Heart
A Deal With A Witch
The Tragedy of the Never Would Be King
The Tragedy of the Never Would Be King ~ Part 2 ~
The Tragedy of the Never Would Be King ~ Part 3 ~
The Tragedy of the Never Would Be King ~ Part 4 ~ -Finale-
A Gift from the Gods and The Depths of the Underworld (Interlude)
A Gift from the Gods and The Depths of The Underworld
A Gift from the Gods and The Depths of The Underworld ~ Part 2 ~
A Gift from the Gods and The Depth of The Underworld ~ Part 3 ~
A Gift from the Gods and The Depths of The Underworld ~ Part 4 ~
A Gift from the Gods and The Depths of The Underworld ~Part 5~ -Finale-
The Heart of The Jungle ~Part 1~
The Heart of The Jungle ~Part 2~
The Heart of The Jungle ~Part 4~ -finale-
The Black Heart of a Queen, Tied to The Black Roses ~Part 1~
The Black Heart of a Queen, Tied to The Black Roses ~Part 2~
The Black Heart of a Queen, Tied to The Black Roses ~Part 3~
The Black Heart of a Queen, Tied to The Black Roses ~Part 4~ -Finale-
Mere Child's Play (Interlude)
Mere Child's Play ~Part 1~
Mere Child's Play ~Part 2~
Mere Child's Play ~Part 3 ~ -Finale-
The Purest Beauty of a Forgotten Beast -Part 1-
The Purest Beauty of a Forgotten Beast -Part 2-
The Purest Beauty of a Forgotten Beast ~Part 3 ~-Finale-
The Truth that ~Lies~ in Oblivion
The Diamond in the Rough
All the Colors of the Heart
Five Keys with One Heart
The Path I Am Proclaimed ~Epilogue~

The Heart of The Jungle ~Part 3~

305 7 7
By Midnight_Lily

Just before Renxsuke was about to start talking, it had seemed that Clayton had appeared suddenly and cleared his throat. Clayton looks down at us smiling as Renxsuke and I looked at each other and then back at the man with the greed struck smile.

"I'm sorry to interrupt," Clayton started as he walked forward a few steps. "I'd like to put you two up for a job, if you're up for it,, unless you two are to busy with something else..." Clayton slid in. Embarrasement struck my face and heated up, i quickly reacted and pushed Renxsuke away from me making him fall on the ground.

"Hey!" Renxsuke yelled as he quickly sat back up. "What'd you do that for?!"

"Shut up!" i yelled back and quickly turned my back to him and held my face trying to cover the blush that filled my cheeks.

"Females..." Renxsuke said as he stood up, 'Such confusing creatures..."

"Creatures?!" i said standing up as i balled up my fists

"Yes, thats what i said!"

"We females are people just like you hard headed and stubborn males!"

"Well, if this lover's quarrell is finished...?" Clahyton said.

"Lover's?! Ha we are not, the furthest thing from it!" i said.

"I'd have to be incredibly stupid to get involved with her..."

"For once we agree on something...."

Clayton stared at us blankly, "If you'll kindly follow me." As i started to make movement to follow Clayton I threw Renxsuke's cloak at him, harshly giving it back. 

"Hmph, feisty much?" he said and i just growled in response. Clayton led us back into the jungle down a different passage than earlier, i knew he wanted something from us, but what? I also knew he would want to use our abilities to his advantage, but for what?

"Ok," Renxsuke started, "We were in the middle of a conversation, what could be so important to where you interupt it in the middle of the night when you should be asleep? What is it that you want?"

Clayton stopped walking and eyed Renxsuke, "What i want is you to make a beast keen in the senses, and to track down the gorillas or its current nest."

Then Renxsuke looked to me, "Well get to it..."

"Excuse me?! Um, you have the powers of darkness too! You're practically made with it right?! You do it!"

"You have to do it.....Ayame."

"Why me?"

"It'll be explained later, its part of my life story that you're so interested in...."

Without another word i focus on the darkness and a glowing purple black mist circled around my hands as it shot out of my hands into a whirlpool on the ground. and emerged a large dog beast like heartless. It almost looked like it could belong to hades. it was black except for a few light streaks of purple throughout its body. It had glowing orange eyes, and feet that were like cleats, and at the end of its tail was a ball of light attached. I walked over to the beast and patted its side as it knelt down and moved its head towards me.

"How are you doing today boy?" I asked it. He licked my face in response. "Would you mind helping me out with something?" he licked me again. "Thanks boy, we need your help to find some gorillas." he nodded as he sniffed around to try and find a trail as he moved forward.

"Good job," Renxsuke said. "But i still could have done better.'

"If only i could use the darkness on you..."

"Yeah but you can't."

"Lets get a move on people," Clayton announced and continued foreward to follow my dog of darkness.

"So are you gonna name your new pet?" Rensxuke said snydly.

"Are you being smart with me?"

"Perhaps..."

"Well i guess i will, when i come up with one." We kept moving along and then suddenly my dog beast howled and looked towards me. "Got something?" he nodded i quickly ran over and up his back and onto it as he continued to run forward, and Renxsuke and Clayton followed. My dog rushed forward as fast as the wind to quickly follow the trail where it ended. He then stopped at nudged his head forward to direct me in the direction of the gorillas or its current nest.

"Now this is getting us somewhere," Clayton said to himself, cocking his gun.

"Good boy Kaino," I said petting him. "Yeah, i think i'll call you Kaino." I got off of Kaino and walked forward slowly to take a peak through the trees. i could definitly see the gorillas resting in their nests.

"Are they there?" Clayton asked. I nodded.

"Now," Clayton started. "I want you to make a killing machine, an unstoppable monster, that knows neither friend nor foe that i can control."

"Um.....that may not be a good idea," i said.

"Just do it!"

i rolled my eyes and went on to create the killing machine Clayton asked for, it was a machine like heartless that resembled a cheetah. The moment it sensed the gorillas it lunged forward with no hesitation trying to strike and claw as the gorillas quickly awoke to climb up the trees to escape. Clayton rushed out into the open with his gun ready and started yelling at the heartless....not smart at all...

"What are you doing?! You should killed at least a few already! Now get hold of them and kill them!" The cheetah heartless growled and turned towards Clayton  and swung but out of shock Clayton had fallen to the ground. "He shouldn't attack me, what did you do?!"

"You said a beast that knows neither friend or foe, a killing machine, she gave you what asked for, so that means it can even turn on you," Renxsuke spoke. The cheetah had walked forward standing over Clayton, roaring, preparing to strike. Renxsuke and I both drew our keyblades, unfortunately we had to protect this guy. We both lunged forward and jumped striking the cheetah on its head at the  same moment, and Renxsuke, being the show off he is, turned those blades once again into blade of fire and gave the cheetah three blows to the head forcing it to step back a few steps, which gave Clayton enough time to runaway out of danger.

Renxsuke gave it one more blow to the head with a large icicle which gave it a pretty deep cut. The cheetah then turned towards me, i was ready to give it another blow to the head, it came charging as me and then...something happened....the same thing that happened earlier...my vision went blurry.

"Ayame! What are you doing?!" Renxsuke's voice yet again sounded far and distant....faded. I felt myself drift completely this time...I saw flashes of the vision before....dark....and what sounded like....wind...or maybe it was water.....then i heard that same voice from before, calling my name Where i was now looked like a dark abyss...dark and empty. And then the abyss disappeared, i was in an oddly familiar looking place. it was a rocky cliff surrounded by trees, vines....and a waterfall...

"Ayame come on! we have to keep running!" it was that voice again. i looked down from the cliff i was on and i saw myself as a young child maybe about 4 or 5. i was running with someone. An older man that was pulling me along to hurry.

"Daddy...."

"But daddy Why? Why are we running?" my younger self said.

"i'll explain later but all that matters is that we need to run, we're in danger."

As we were running, i looked down from the cliff was on to see what it was we were running from. It was a large group of swarming heartless chasing us. I soon saw that the heartless were soon going to close in on us, so i jumped down from the cliff i was on, as i summoned Two Across, to stall from the heartless to give us time. I swung constantly to try and destroy them but nothing was happening. The heartless went right passed me. "No! No! What's going on?! Two Across what;'s wrong?!"

When i looked back towards us, my younger self had tripped and fallen and when my dad was making his way to come pick me up, more heartless came from the bushes and surrounded him making  him start to walk backwards. "Ayame, run! Qucikly!"

"Daddy, no!" I cried.

"Dad....no..." this was slowly coming back to me...I dont understand how i could have forgotten it in the first place?...It didnt make any sense to me.

My dad then was back to the edge above the waterfall, "Ayame go now!" he was then forced to fall backwards by the heartless into the waterfall as they went with him.

"Daddy No!" my younder self screamed and cried.

Seeing that sight..again...and yet it almost felt like i had seen it for the first time...hurt so much...a few tears had fallen from my eyes but then my younger self screamed which broke my concentration a sad moment that i would have to grieve for later. The heartless that i tried to stall were about to reach me.

"No..." I ran towards myself, and jumped hoping i could reach myself in time. "Ayame!"

i made it in time just by a moment to lose, i took hold of my younger self and wrapped my arms around my younger self to protect me. We were now surrounded by the heartless. I didnt understand why...but for some reason i was able to touch my younger self, it didnt make any sense due to the fact that the heartless went right passed me.

"Mommy!"

"What?...." was it my mom that had found me in time....thats right it was but....something still isnt adding up....Then a bright light had shinned in my other hand and a completely new and different keyblade shinned in my free hand, but without time to think or examine it i struck at the heartless, making them vanish. "Yes!"

I swung quickly with this keyblades long reach and in a matter of minutes all the heartless were gone and my younger self was safe, when i looked back, i had started getting up and walking away..holding the air...i myself was so confused. "Hey, Ayame, hold on!"

But then at the last minute before she turned a corner the visual of my mom appeared holding my hand, and then my vision went blury again as they disappeared and it went black. When i woke up, what seemed like only moments later i realizeed that i was being carried by Renxsuke, and it looked like he was headed back to the campsite, and following behind him was Kaino.

"What happened?" i asked him.

"Well of course at the time of battle, you blanked out..maybe you were just too overwhelmed..."

"Shut up..."

"Well, lucky thing that big dog of yours slammed that thing around so much it got damaged and it vanished, then the darkness went back in to you."

"Where's Clayton?"

"That moron ran away as fast as he could back to the campsite." then he looked down at me. "And that popped up in your hand about an hour ago.." I lifted my hand to see that unknown keyblade in my hand. "looks like you're a duel wielder now...for some odd reason."

i ignored his comment and examined my newly found blade. This Keyblade that is mostly silver and ivory-colored. Its shaft was thin and smooth with a fleur-de-lis-shaped spike at its tip. The teeth were comprised by a pair of uneven, silver wings framing a broken, bright red heart. The base of the blade was adorned by a simple, grey heart, and the handle was black. The two uneven wings were on the Keyblade's guard, with the larger wing being on the same side of the weapon as the teeth. The Keychain had silver chain links and the token resembled a smaller version of the Keyblade's teeth; a bright red heart surrounded by silver wings. But for some reason i felt, that The broken hearts, uneven wings, and black and white altered coloration represented some sort of connection, and incomplete hearts.

"Its lost memory..." Renxsuke started. "Its a very old keyblade...so im guessing while you were out you experienced something, right?" 

"Yeah, i did..." so i was now a duel wielder, and my new keyblade was named Lost Memory i can see how it fits. Then I remembered something the blind folded boy said. He said something like this...."I'll help you find your lost memory.." Could he have somehow helped me remember....or remember what I could....i know there's something missing...how and why did i forget that in the first place? "Um...Renxsuke?"

"Yes?"

"Why are you carrying me?"

He then stopped walking, "Look this was the qucikest thing to do, but if you'd rather walk instead of thanking me.." then he suddenly dropped me on the ground. "Then fine.." and started walking again.

"You're right...."

"What now?" he stopped suddenly and turned to me. "What did you just say? I know i didnt hear what i think i heard."

I got up and brushed off the dirt, "I said you're right and im sorry, thank you, I'm glad that you were looking out for me." He stood there silently for a moment and seemed to be completely taken off guard and by surprised and then quickly reverted back.

"Hmph...its about time you show me some respect..."

I laughed a little, "Yeah yeah, now lets get going."

When we arrived back to camp Kaino had curled up by the fire and went to sleep, i sat across from Renxsuke as he took off his hood.

"Now," I started. "Its your time ti shine...talk."

"What?"

"Your life story..."

"Not tonight, you've been through enough and you need rest."

"I'm fine..."

"You really are a bad liar...i can see it in your eyes that whatever you experienced was rough, so ill tell you tomorrow night."

"Oh come on..."

"Tomorrow...got to sleep."

"Fine, whatever, i think you're just trying to stall," I said lastly as i got up to lay back on Kaino and closed my eyes to sleep..or at least pretend like i was....

"You're not a good actress either..." he chuckled. "Go to sleep Ayame, I'll will tell you tomorrow, its a promise, i keep my promises."

"You better..." and then my eyes got heavy and i soon went to sleep without trying to fight it at all.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

135K 2.5K 24
Ideally, she could acknowledge the past and begin a new life. Hypothetically, she could be her old self again and act like the past never happened...
3.3K 143 12
This book #2 of my Maya's Kingdom Hearts fanfic starting with my original character Maya. Sora, Donald, Goofy, and Jiminy Cricket walk down a windi...
15.4K 562 38
Having left the organization behind the Heartless trio finds themselves facing challenges they never thought they would have to face. Especially not...
5.9K 164 24
(Book 4) After a year of sleeping and getting her memories back, Hikari continues her journey with Sora, Donald and Goofy to search for Riku and King...