Shelby Winchester's Backstory...

By Ziehmer28

What if Dean and Sam had a sister? When Dean, Sam, and there little sister Shelby were kids Shelby was taking... More

Pilot Pt. 1
Pilot Pt. 2
Sister Pt. 1
Sister Pt. 2
Family Ghost Pt. 1
Family Ghost Pt. 2
Sammy! Pt. 1
Sammy Pt. 2
Sammy! Pt. 3
Sammy Pt. 4
Wendigo Pt. 1
Wendigo Pt. 2
Wendigo Pt. 3
Dead In The Water Pt. 1
Dead In The Water Pt. 2
Dead In The Water Pt. 3
Phantom Traveler Pt. 1
Phantom Traveler Pt. 2
phantom traveler Pt. 3
Bloody Mary Pt. 1
Bloody Mary Pt. 2
Bloody Mary Pt. 3
Skin Pt. 1
Skin Pt. 2
Skin Pt. 3
Hook Man Pt. 1
Hook Man Pt. 2
Hook Man Pt. 3
Bugs Pt. 1
Bugs Pt. 2
Home Pt. 1
Home Pt. 2
Home Pt. 3
Asylum Pt. 1
Asylum Pt. 2
Aslum Pt. 3
Scarcrow Pt.1
Scarecrow Pt. 2
Scarecrow Pt. 3
Faith Pt.1
Faith Pt. 2
Faith Pt. 3
Rout 666 Pt. 1
Route 666 Pt. 2
Route 666 Pt. 3
Nightmare Pt. 1
Nightmare Pt. 2
Nightmare Pt. 3
The Benders Pt. 1
The Benders Pt. 2
The Benders Pt. 3
Shadow Pt. 1
Shadow Pt. 2
Shadow Pt. 3
Hell House Pt. 1
Hell House Pt. 2
Hell House Pt. 3
Something Wicked Pt. 1
Something Wicked Pt. 2
Something Wicked Pt. 3
Dead Man's Blood Pt. 1
Dead Man's Blood Pt. 2
Dead Man's Blood Pt. 3
The Truth and The Consequences Pt. 1
The Lie and The Consequences Pt. 2
Salvation Pt. 2
Devil's Trap Pt. 1
Devil's Trap Pt. 2
Devil's Trap Pt. 3
Discontinuing Story.... Sort of?

Salvation Pt. 1

380 6 0
By Ziehmer28

Shelby

Dean, Sam, and I end up going to Colorado and head to a motel. The walls are covered with information on the yellow eyed demon. Weather charts, hieroglyphics, pictures, newspaper articles, written notes, a shelf of books and more. John sits at a paper strewn desk, the Colt in front of him. Sam and I lean against the counter while Dean paces. "So this is it. This is everything I know. Look, our whole lives we been searching for this demon right? Not a trace, just nothing. Until about a year ago. For the first time I picked up a trail" John says.

"And that's when you took off" Dean said "yeah, sure, that's right. The demon must have come out of hiding, or hibernation" John said and I nod. "All right so what's this trail you found" Sam asked? "It starts in Arizona, then New Jersey, California. Houses burned down to the ground. It's going after families, just like it went after us" John said.

"Families with infants" Sam asked "yeah. The night of the kid's 11-months birthday" John said. "I was 11 months old that night" Sam asked "Exactly 11 months" John says. "Wait, so if Sam was 11 months old then how old was I. I mean he goes after the youngest and I was there" I said. "You were a month and a half old, you were in a different room" John says to me and I nod.

"So basically, this demon is going after these kids for some reason. The same way it came for me? So Mom's death, Jessica. It's all because of me" Sam asked "we don't know that Sam" Dean said. "Oh really? Cause I'd say we're pretty damn sure Dean" Sam said. "For the last time, what happened to them was not your fault" Dean said frustrated.

"Now you know how I feel" I mumbled to Dean. "Right, it's not my fault but it's my problem" Sam shouted. "No it's not your problem it's our problem" Dean shouted and I side. "Okay, that's enough" John says standing up and everyone takes a breath and calms down. "So why's he doing it. What does he want" I asked "look I wish I had more answers, I do. I've always been one step behind it. Look, I've never gotten there in time to save" John looks down, unhappy.

"All right so how do we find it, before it hits again" Dean asked? "There's signs. It took me a while to see the pattern but it's there in the days before these fires signs crop up in an area. Cattle deaths, temperature fluctuations, electrical storms. And then I went back and checked and" John said. "These things happened in Lawrence" Dean said and John nods.

"A week before your mother died. And in Palo Alto, before Jessica. And these signs, they're starting again" John says. "Where" Sam asked "Salvation Iowa" John said to us. We head on the road, Dean's car following Dad's truck. After a few moments we pull off to the side, the Impala follows and everyone springs out of their seats. "God damn it" John says mad.

"What is it" Dean asked "son of a bitch" he yells out again "what is it" I asked? "I just got a call from Caleb. He's fine, but Jim Murphy's dead" John said "who" I asked? "Pastor Jim, the hunter/ pastor" Dean says to me and I nod. "How" Sam asked "his throat was slashed. He bled out. Caleb said they found traces of sulfur at Jim's place" John said.

"A demon" I said and John nods "the demon" I asked? "I don't know. Could be he just got careless, he slipped up. Maybe the demon knows we're getting close" John said. "What do we do" I asked "now we act like every second counts. There's two hospitals and a health centre in this county. We split up, cover more ground. I want records. I want a list of every infant that's going to be six months old in the next week" John says.

"Dad that could be dozens of kids. How do we know which one's the right one" Sam asked? "We check em all that's how. You got any better ideas" John asked and we all shook our heads. "No sir" Sam said and John nods to us and they all turn back to their cars. John stops, leaning on his trunk. Dean, Sam, and I turn back as he opens his door and pauses.

"Dad" Dean asked and Dad answers upset "yeah. It's Jim. You know, I can't" he starts then his face hardens. "This ends, now. I'm ending it. I don't care what it takes" John says and we all get back in our cars and pull back onto the road, speeding into the distance.

We dropped Sam off and Dean and I went out and started to look at different files. "So, since you're a demon can you, like, detect other demons" Dean asked? I couldn't help but laugh a little at him. "Half demon, and somewhat, depending on if I'm paying attention and" I started but stopped. "And what" Dean asked "and if I let her take over" I said and Dean looks up from the file confused.

"Her" he asked "I know the demon's a girl. I don't know her name or how strong she is so I just call her, her" I said with a shrug. "Yeah, that's not wired" Dean said and looked back down and I laughed. "So what exactly can you do, since your half demon" Dean asked? Ever since I told him that I was half demon he's been playing 20 questions with me.

"I'm stringer, really strong if I let her take over. I'm faster, can hear things better, my eyes change, and who knows what else. I'm not exactly testing the waters with this demon. To be honest I'm kind of scared to" I said. "Why" Dean asked "because if I let her take over and see what she can do, what if. What if I can't come back, what if I can't take control" I said and Dean is silent, thinking it too.

Once we finished we picked Sam back up and he told us about a vision he had. Sam sat on the table, rubbing his temples. Dean, John, and I sit on the end of each bed. Dad and I on one bed. "A vison" John says and Sam answers slowly and in pain "yes. I saw the demon burning a woman on the ceiling". "And you think this is going to happen to this woman you met because" John asked?

"Because these things happen exactly the way I see them" Sam says and Dean stands up. "It started out as nightmares. Then it started happening while he was awake" Dean said and John looked at me. "Don't look at me, I have nightmares of hell, not people dying" I said putting my hands up. Dean gets more coffee as Sam winces "yeah, it's like the closer I get to anything to do with the demon the stronger the visions get" Sam said.

"All right. When were you going to tell me about this" John asked and Sam, Dean, and I stop and look at John "we didn't know what it meant" Dean said. "Besides it's not like you told us about Shelby" Sam said and I glare at my two brothers. "All right, yes, but something like this starts happening to your brother, you pick up the phone and you call me" John said.

Dean dumps the coffee jug and cup back on the counter and strides toward John. "Call you? Are you kidding me? Dad I called you from Lawrence all right? I called you when we found Shelby, when we lost Shelby again. Sam called you when I was dying. I mean, getting you on the phone? I got a better chance of winning the lottery" Dean said. "You're right. Although I'm not too crazy about this new tone of yours, you're right. I'm sorry" John said.

"Look guys, visions or no visions, fact is, we know the demon is coming tonight. And this family's gonna go through the same hell we went through" Sam said. "No they're not. No one is, ever again" John said and Sam's phone rings. "Hello" he asks "who is this" Sam asked and pauses for a moment. "Meg" Sam says and Dean and I look at each other as does John.

"Last time I saw you, you fell out of a window" Sam said and I listened closely "yeah, no thanks to you. That really hurt my feelings by the way" Meg said. "Just your feelings? That was a seven-story drop" Sam said "lemme speak to your Dad" Meg said and Sam looked at Dad. "My Dad, I don't know where my Dad is" Sam said.

"It's time for the grownups to talk Sam, let me speak to him now" Meg said. Sam hesitates then hands the phone to John. "This is John" John says and looks at me, giving me the 'don't listen in' sign. I sigh but not to him "I'm here" he says. After a couple of minutes Dad says "Caleb"? Sam, Dean, and I react to the name instantly, going on alert.

"You listen to me. He's got nothing to do with anything. You let him go" Dad says "I don't know what you're talking about" he says and I can tell he is lying about something. "Caleb, Caleb" dad yells when we hear him coughing and joking. "I'm gonna kill you, you know that" John says. After a few minutes of silence Sam, Dean and I walk over to him.

"Okay" John said and we look at him confused. "I said okay, I'll bring you the colt" John said surprising us. "It's gonna take me about a days drive to get there" John said. "That's impossible. I can't get there in time and I can't just carry a gun on the plane" John says after a moment before hanging up.

"So you think Meg is a demon" Sam asked? "Either that, or she's possessed by one. It doesn't really matter" Dad says. "What do we do" Dean asked "I'm going to Lincoln" Dad says. "What" Dean and I asked at the same time. "It doesn't look like we have a choice. If I don't go, a lot of people die, our friends die" Dad said.

"Dad, the demon is coming tonight. For Monica and her family. That gun is all we got, you can't just hand it over" Sam said. "Who said anything about handing it over. Look, besides us and a coupla of vampires no one's really seen the gun, no one knows what it looks like" John said to us. "So what, you're just going to pick up a ringer at a pawn shop" Dean asked?

"Antique store" John says "you're going to hand Meg a fake gun and hope she doesn't notice" I asked? "Look, as long as it's close, she shouldn't be able to tell the difference" John says. "Yeah but for how long? What happens when she figures it out" Dean asked concerned. "I just need to buy a few hours, that's all" Joh said to us. "You mean for Dean, Shelby, and me. You want us to stay here, and kill this demon by ourselves" Sam asked?

"No Sam. I want to stop losing people we love. I want you to go to school, I want Dean to have a home. I want Shelby to have a life without being a demon. I want Mary alive. I just want this to be over" Dad said tearing up a little. Sam and John check the guns while Dean and I head out to find another gun.

We pull up to a muddy back road where Sam and John are at. "You get it" John asked Dean and me. "Yeah, thanks to Shelby over here, we actually found something that looks similar" Dean said pulling out a brown paper bag out of his pocket and hand it to John.

John pulls out an antique gun and looks at it "you know this is a trap don't you. That's why Meg wants you to come alone" Dean said. "I can handle her. I got a whole arsenal loaded. Holy water, Mandaic, amulets" Dad starts "Dad" Dean says. "What" "promise me something" Dean says "what's that". "This thing goes south just get the hell out. Don't get yourself killed all right, you're no good to us dead" Dean said.

"Same goes for you" John says and there's a long pause. "All right listen to me. They made the bullets special for this colt. There's only four of them left. Without them this gun is useless. You make every shot count" John says to us. "Yes sir" Sam says and I nod. "Been waiting a long time for this fight. Now it's here I'm not gonna be in it. It's up to you kids now. It's your fight, you finish this. You finish what I started. Understand" John asks?

We all nod and John hands Dean the colt. "We'll see you soon Dad" Sam said "bye dad" I said with a small smile. "I'll see you later" John says before getting in the truck and leaving. We watch him drive away and Dean says to himself "later Dad".

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 679 14
Disclaimer: I do not own any of the supernatural characters such as Sam and Dean etc. They belong to CW network. Warning: this book may contain coars...
291K 7.9K 43
~COMPLETED~ As a hunter with a colourful past, (y/n) is trying desperately to track down and neutralise the monster that ruined her childhood whilst...
956 67 29
Alexandria Rosewood's sister Natalie has been taken by demons, leaving Alex to make a choice with a looming deadline: save her sister by trading plac...
10.8K 350 36
Sam and Dean discover that they have a sister. And that she's Sam's twin. The search for their missing father turns deadly in a matter of seconds. Af...