Black velvet

By six-flaws

if you've ever read fifty you'll see how I got the main idea of Zayn being a rich God from there. I've read t... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43 -Part 1
Chapter 43 Part 2
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Silence is a scary sound
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
private
Chapter 51
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
hi
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Long time no see...Chapter 73?

Chapter 52

8.5K 410 47
By six-flaws

Hi sweet babies, comment all you can please and check my other story? :)
______________________

"Calm down," her voice echoes through the car.

Dan said I didn't need to take my CV, not like there's much about me anyway. It's pathetic how I'm not getting any jobs by myself but this could be really good... A tiny bit of me is excited.

The other is jumping out the window, hoping the car behind will run her over.

I straighten Lottie's skirt down a bit and take a deep breath. This is too tight on me and the blouse is too loose.

Oh God, I look ridiculous...

"What time is it? Do you think we could stop at a shop?" I ask fidling with the hem of the skirt.

"Stop?" Lottie asks waving a hand in the air. "Even if there was time, you can get something to eat over there," she explains taking an exit off the motorway.

"I need some trousers or something Lottie," I say turning towards her.

"Just relax, please, you look fine," she mumbles and I slightly perceive she's zoning out.

"Will you come and pick me up?" I ask sinking into the seat.

"Uh... I can't babe, I'm going out... Maybe you can give my mum a call?" She offers keeping her eyes on the road.

"Where are you going? Maybe you can pick me up and we can both go," I say trying to take my head of the interview.

This must be the first time I'm willing to take part in Lottie's party plans.

"Uh no, I don't think so," she mumbles stopping the car in front of a restaurant. "Here we are!"

"Why not? I can adapt," I smile ignoring the building we've parked in front of.

I've never been the party animal really... Lottie's other friends aren't nothing like me and I know it's been difficult for her sometimes to include me in her plans.

I like going out, getting drunk, having a good time, but I am usually the boring friend that tells everyone it's time to head home.

"It's not that, I'm just meeting a couple friends... It's not really your thing," she mutters.

"Okay..." I say quietly.

This is awkward. An awkward situation with Lottie makes everything much much worse... It makes my anxiety worse.

I can tell she doesn't want to explain where she's going or why I can't go, and I don't have it in me to have an argument right now...

"Good luck, you'll do great!" She beams, her light big blue eyes shining.

"Yeah, thanks for the lift," I grab my bag and get out of the car as gracefully as I can.

If Lottie doesn't want me to hang out with her friends is nothing but my fault. I've always been miserable and kind of ruin their 'vibe'.

Although I don't think that's a real reason right? I've always been for her, she brings friends along all the time, I still deserve to be the boring friend she has to drag around...

I can't blame her if she's got tired of me...

"Oh God..." I breathe out.

My feet have dragged me to the inside of the restaurant. It's posh. At least I'm dressed for the occasion... Not sure what I'm meant to do though.

Never do...

"Can I help you, Miss?" A young waiter in a suit asks.

"Uh, I'm meeting, uh... Clapton? Philip Clapton?"

I'm not sure what I'm meant to say. Am I always going to be this awkward?!

"Miss Anderson," he smiles staring at a book he's holding. "Follow me,"

I do as he says just after he's left the big book on a tall white table.

It's quite a small place, everything seems gray, not many tables scattered around, but they're all occupied. The waiter heads up a staircase and I make sure I cling on to the banister when I follow him.

"Mr. Clapton," the waiter says just before turning on his feet to face me.

A young man sat a table, gracefully stands up. He's wearing dark dressing trousers and a white shirt, which has the first couple buttons undone. I'd be lying if I said he wasn't attractive.

"Thanks man," he smiles to the waiter before looking back at me. "Miss Anderson."

Dark hair, blue beautiful eyes and a definite Clapton smile. Apart from the obvious, he looks nothing like Dan.

I can tell he's older, his jaw's wider, his cheeks are sucked in slightly, there's a sexy stubble adorning his facial skin. He has very short hair that still holds a style to it. I'd describe him as sophisticated, but still with an interesting edge to him.

"Philip Clapton," I offer my sweetest smile while I shake his hand.

"Oh, sweet'eart, just Pep," he says taking the seat he was in before I arrived.

I sit down in the empty seat in front of him, trying to keep my nerves at ease. His relaxed attitude definitely helps.

"So, Danny says you want the job?" Pep asks, leaning his arms on the table.

I nod after taking a sip out of the glass of water that was left for me.

Danny? Pep? Suddenly feels like I don't know who I'm even with.

"Uh, yes, Dan insisted I was qualified for the job, but I'm not entirely sure of what it is about," I tell him just to make sure he knows I'm a useless human.

"You'll see as it goes, I just basically need you to be my PA," Pep explains in a deep voice. "I'm being promoted and I am terribly unorganised..." He mumbles.

"I'm fine at organising people's lives, wish I could be the same with my own," I tell him with a ridiculous giggle.

"Well then, you're just the person I need!" He smiles taking a sip out of his drink.

"Will it be a month trial?" I ask him fishing a notebook out of my bag.

"No, no, the job's yours, you're my PA girl," he says shaking his head.

"PA girl sounds horrible," I laugh doodling on a page.

"Yeah it does," Pep laughs. "Having my life in your hands is quite a responsibility, I trust you'll take this seriously," he says with gentle eyes.

"I promise I'm going to do as best as I can!" I smile turning a new page in the book, ready to write down every detail.

*

"I thought you had a dinner meeting at 7pm," I mumble checking out all the agendas Pep had given me a while ago.

"That's right, why?" He asks nonchalant.

"It's on the other side of town..." I say watching his eyes.

He really doesn't know where I'm getting with this.

"Pep, it's 6.30pm!" I exclaim tapping the screen of his phone so he sees the time.

"Shit!" His face completly changes when he shoots out the chair, grabbing his phone and jacket.

"I'll see you tomorrow at 8am?" I smile tapping his arm.

"You're already saving my life!" He breathes out while running away.

Yep...wish someone saved mine.

I can do this job, just need to focus. It'll maybe even help me get a grip of my own life. It's well payed, I trust him just for his surname and he's as nice as it gets.

Getting rid of this as a worry just makes me think about Lottie being all strange and pushing me away of her stuff.

I'm not gonna allow myself to get mad at her... She's probably got her reasons...

I hate the bus... My only way of getting back home. My empty home that is.

There's probably somewhere nearby I could have dinner at. Will they charge me a billion pounds for a meal around here? I wouldn't be surprised.

I should make myself a salad and spend the time til bedtime trying to schedule Philip's week. The last thing I need is arriving tomorrow without a clue of what's going on.

There's a low buzzing in my bag and I fish out my phone when I relate the noise.

Zayn

My ride home, maybe?

"Hi," I squeak into the phone.

"Everything alright baby girl?" His deep accented voice asks.

I'm already having convulsions on the chair.

"Yep, I was about to head home," I inform closing one of the notebooks.

"My home?" He says and I can picture to perfection his dangerous smirk.

"No Mr," I laugh quietly. "Maybe another night," I whisper.

"But Jacob's only away for the weekend..." He says in the same tone I'm using. "Please?"

I'm doing my best to forget the image of his pink pout.

"Not tonight Zayn..." I try to sound convinced but it's just not happening. "You can drive me home if you want, you know, have dinner at mine?" I offer hooking the bag over my shoulder.

"Oh baby I have a meeting tonight..." I think he mutters. "Fuck..."

I giggle at his anxiousness and shake my head while I walk across the restaurant and down the stairs.

"We can organise something for tomorrow then?" I tell him trying to get his mind of whatever dirty thing that's going through it.

"Or you could always accept my offer and wait for me at the penthouse," he insist.

"I'm not waiting for anyone Zayn," I answer seriously.

I walk out the restaurant and wrap the long coat around me.

"Alright, alright, I had to give it a try," he chuckles.

"Well then, wait for my call tomorrow and maybe we can meet for a bit," I tell him walking towards the station.

"How are you getting home? Where are you anyway?" He asks casually.

I can tell he doesn't have and intrusive intentions this time. But still, he doesn't need to know just yet and he won't approve of me getting the bus.

Actually, who cares if he approves or not?

"I've been out with Lottie but she had to meet a couple friends so I'm getting the bus back home," I tell waiting at the bus stop.

The line goes silent for a bit.

"If you can wait for five minutes I'll have a driver there, give me the address," he tells me while I hear the beeping of the intercom in his office go.

He's at the mansion, or that's what I'm assuming, and my mind's travelling to Miss Montgomery.

"Don't bother, it's fine, have a nice dinner Zayn," I tell him making sure he can hear I'm smiling.

"Give me the address Olivia," he mumbles in anger.

"Don't get home too late," I say before hanging up.

This always makes me feel more powerful. It's nice he worries, but when I say it's good and I don't want a driver, that means it's not happening. I refuse to keep on going with this if he doesn't understand stuff like that, and I do get he needs time.

Time's about one of the only things I have, so as long as my patience doesn't wear off, I can give him plenty of it.

I look down and slide my fingers over my chest, pulling the red ruby out from under my shirt. It's cold in my hand, cold and passionate red.

____________________________

Hiiiiii don't hate me, I've been on an island for two weeks and now I'm on another, also known as the UK lol, I'll be back home in another week or so :(

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.9K 145 54
Hey(: I decided to write a book dedicated to one direction since Zayn has officially left One Direction. Zayn will be in here cause to me he is still...
3K 86 30
"No, no. No talking little bug, this is the part where you listen" he cuts me off before I can finish. I'm disappointed in myself for complying to hi...
201K 2K 43
Title says it :))) Feel free to leave ideas and lmk what you think <3
975K 34.7K 41
"You think you can come onto my field and talk to me like you own this place?" He yells and I see a couple figures jump from his reaction, and I don'...