Weak

By nngozi

"Can't explain why your lovin' makes me weak" A Kyrie Irving fanfic More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65

Chapter 55

1.8K 75 39
By nngozi

Adrienne

"My head hurts man!"

I groaned, placing my Kate Spade sunglasses on. "Can you stop yelling please? It's too early"

"Exactly! It's too early to be awake" Maya sighed deeply.

"It's two in the afternoon, what are ya'll talking about?" Josh laughed, placing his feet up.

Last night I think we had too much fun and this morning I woke up with the meanest headache on earth. Though nobody thought this through, but we were on a flight to North Carolina and now I was wishing we could have saved this flight for tomorrow. The plan was to actually go to Aruba this week and visit Durham when we came back, but I was missing home and I needed to see my mom.

"Here you go Adrienne" Jessica handed me a bottle of water.

I accepted, looking up at her. "Thank you Jess"

"If you guys need anything, I'm in the back" she called out before walking to the back of the jet.

"I'm straight" Zizi rolled her eyes.

I shook my head, removing the lid off the bottle before bringing the top to my lips and taking a small gulp. As the water ran down my throat, I found myself becoming a bit lightheaded and slowly getting dizzy.

"Adri, you okay?"

"Ah, this hangover is hell" I rubbed my temples, gently.

The ringing of a face time call came from somebody's phone and the more it continued to ring, the more irritated I was becoming. "Can somebody answer their damn face time call?"

"It's your phone" Maya yelled back at me.

I looked to my side and indeed it was my phone ringing, "Oh", I mumbled accepting the call and within matter's Kyrie's face appeared on the screen.

"Hey you" Kyrie spoke, moving the phone around and revealing that he was shirtless.

"Hey kid, what'chu doing?"

"Just got out the shower and finally in Miami" he admitted.

"Miami?" I questioned, raising my brow but eventually remembering. "Oh for rehab. You alright?"

"Yeah Adge, I'm fine. Just wanted to hear your voice and check up on you"

"This dude" Josh chuckled from the front of the jet.

"Exactly" Maya joined in.

I cut my eyes at the two of them, before looking back down at my screen. "Baby my head hurts" I whined, pouting my lips.

"How much did you drink last night?"

I shrugged my shoulders, "I don't even know but it was a lot of fun last night and people got carried away"

"And now you got a hangover" he laughed hard.

"That's not even funny Kyrie" I whined again, feeling my headache grow back. "You get on my nerves"

"Adrienne shut up whining, damn" Zizi mumbled, looking back at me. "Sounding like a little ass kid when I'm trying to sleep"

"Foreal, your voice is too annoying right now" Maya added.

I sucked my teeth waving the two of them off and bringing my attention back to the gold iPhone 6 +

"You wish I was there?" he smirked up at me.

I nodded my head, licking my lips. "Yes, like can these weeks just go ahead and fly fast. I can't keep cuddling a pillow"

"What's that song called? Baby won't you come my waaaay. Got something I want to saaaay"

I fell into fits of laughter at how terribly off key he was singing but also how adorably cute he looked trying. "You are so whack"

"Oh my goodness if Kyrie doesn't shut the hell up" Zizi groaned, trying to stop herself from laughing as well.

"Honestly Adge when I got up this morning, the first thing I wanted was you" he smiled.

My cheeks instantly grew hot, "Aw, I want you to want me"

"You have no idea how much I do"

"When we see each other just know I'm going to be selfish as hell. I want you all to myself"

"Adrienne don't worry I'm all yours"

I smiled, but a frown later took its place. Exactly today made it two weeks that I haven't physically seen Kyrie and now I had to go another two weeks without seeing him, and it was really hard because I missed being around him a lot.

We continued to talk a little more but I later grew tired and let him know that I'll hit him up when we land in North Carolina.

**

"So how do you feel?"

Around one in the afternoon is when we got into Durham, and everyone headed for the hotel but I decided to have some quality time with my mom at her house.

"I actually feel better than ever and I'm just thankful to God for everything"

My mother is one of the strongest people I know, because she doesn't let situations bring her spirit down and she always keeps hope alive.

A smile fell to my face, "That's nice and you look amazing as well"

"Thank you sweetheart and how is everything with you going?" she gave me a stern look while pouring cream into her tea cup.

"I'm doing great. Getting ready to leave the country soon"

"Where exactly are you heading?" she asked, waving over the house help to remove the tray.

I leaned up a bit, "Well Aruba in few days for vacation and Glastonbury at the end of the month for a show"

"Oooh that sounds interesting. Is Kyrie going with you?"

"Nope, he's actually in Miami for rehab" I bit the inside of my cheek.

"Aw, poor kid"

I sighed deeply, "I really miss him, like every single day. It's crazy"

My mom took a sip of her tea and eyed me, "Are you sprung Adrienne?"

"I wouldn't be surprised if I was" I laughed, feeling my phone vibrate in my hand. I looked down at the screen to see a new text message.

Kyrie😍😘🙊💏: Wish you knew how much I miss you

I couldn't help but smile as I texted him back.

Me: Thanks to you I'm spruuuuung! 😁😱

Within seconds he immediately responded back to my text.

Kyrie😍😘🙊💏: That's a good thing 😜 I'm in the mood to cuddle my struggle is real 😩

The same smile stayed glued to my face as I typed away.

Me: I wanna cuddle too

Me: I wanna cuddle 25/7 but only with you

"Smiling like that, you've got to be texting Kyrie" my mom mumbled.

I looked up at her, locking my phone. "Matter of fact I am"

"Sprung as hell" she sang, walking away.

"Mom chill"

***

Since I'm from Durham, I was given the opportunity to throw the first pitch at the Durham Bulls game this evening. Growing up I used to play softball, so hopefully I'll be able to nail this and not make a fool of myself on the field.

"Hello" a tall, Caucasian man approached me. "I'm Brandon, the entertainment manager for the Bulls", he spoke with a British accent, holding his hand out.

"I'm Adrienne" we shook hands, "It's nice to meet you"

"It's nice to meet you all" he waved behind me to Zizi, Maya, and Josh. "Okay, well if you'll please follow me"

I nodded as he took the lead and led us toward the stadium and I was amazed. I remember as a kid, I always would attend Durham Bulls baseball game and sitting up there watching, so it was really crazy that I would be throwing the first pitch.

"Wow, this is amazing"

"It is and I would like you to meet our pitcher, Matt Andriese" Brandon waved over to another man of Caucasian decent, who ran over to us in a baseball uniform.

"Hey" he smiled down at me.

"Nice to meet you, I'm Adrienne"

"The names Matt and the pleasures all mine"

"You know she's doing first ball and you catching it, right?" Brandon spoke up.

Matt nodded, "I'm catching it and this is yours", he handed me a small size white Durham Bulls jersey with 'Taylor' stitched behind it.

"Aw, thank you. It's so cute" I smiled, placing it on.

"No problem, you ready?"

"I sure am. Take me to the field" I laughed, following him as we went to practice the throw before the game started.

I was handed a ball and mitten, while Matt ran across from me. "Throw it", he yelled out.

My arm swung back and with force I threw the white ball, which flew landing perfectly in his hands. Looks like my softball days came in handy.

"Yeah Adrienne" Zizi yelled, clapping her hands.

"Yeah Dri!" I heard Josh yell as well.

We practiced it a more times and I only ended up missing one but the rest he caught.

"I think you did great. Great throws by the way" Matt gave me a high five and a smile.

The sun started to down a bit and the stadium began to fill up just minutes before the game started. I was anxious, not really much nervous but more of all excited.

"Are you ready?" Brandon asked me.

I nodded my head, "I sure am"

Loud cheers from the crowd were heard, as the commentator started to speak "Ladies and Gentlemen, throwing out tonight's ceremonial first ball is Durham's very own actress and superstar. Adrienne Taylor"

I cheesed, walking out on the field and waving as well; watching people stand to their feet's clapping.

"She's won five Grammys, two Oscars and has multiple hit records. Let's see what'chu got Adrienne"

Feeling the thrill in me. I swung my arm around twice, throwing the ball as it perfectly landed in Matt's mitten. The crowd clapped and cheered louder, some even jumping up and down. Matt gave me a hug and a high five before I waved, walking off and joining everyone else up in the skybox.

Most people were either watching the game, eating, drinking or having conversation. I was too busy into my phone reading e-mails and also trying to pay attention to the game as well.

The same time I spent reading work e-mails, twitter notifications kept popping up in my phone. I did my best to ignore them but as I seen Zizi's twitter name, I decided to click over to them. As the twitter app opened and my notifications appeared, the only thing I saw was a picture from this afternoon on Zi's page, 'Durham Bulls game with my woes @officialadrienne @jhairston15 @mayaaa'.

I favored and retweeted it; but I also I noticed Jux had commented on it as well as Azeena.

Ihatejux: ya'll stay leaving me out of everything 😔😐

Itszizi: @ihatejux nobody's fault but yours

Ihatejux: guess your right but happy belated birthday lil' FAM @itszizi

Itszizi: thanks Al 😚😊 and have fun in Miami @ihatejux

I don't know why but my fingers ended up clicking on Jux's twitter page and it wasn't to be nosey but I figured I could get a little laugh out of reading his tweets, knowing the type of person he was.

Ihatejux: alone and bored

A conversation later came out of it and was less than twenty minutes ago.

callierivers25: where bae at? @ihatejux

ihatejux: don't have one. I'm not really into Miami chicks' 😂 @callierivers25

callierivers25: not your bae retard, my bae @ihatejux

ihatejux: who Kyrie? @callierivers25

callierivers25: nah rock and drew 😂😒 obviously him

@ihatejux: 😕 @callierivers25 I think you're tripping

Not only did my face scrunch up but I glanced back down at my phone, and chuckled to myself. This Callie girl's name rings a bell but I didn't know exactly who she was. All I know is that I've heard her name somewhere and I really didn't care where because part of me was now feeling some type of way about her.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

146K 5K 31
"๐๐ž๐ฏ๐š ๐ญ๐ก๐จ๐ฎ๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐ˆ'๐ ๐Ÿ๐š๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฅ๐ฎ๐ก ๐ฐ๐ข๐ญ๐ญ๐š ๐›๐ข๐ญ๐œ๐ก ๐ˆ ๐ฆ๐ž๐ญ ๐ข๐ง ๐ฉ๐ซ๐ข๐ฌ๐จ๐ง." - ๐Š๐ž๐ง๐ญ๐ซ๐ž๐ฅ๐ฅ ๐†๐š๐ฎ๐ฅ๐๐ž๐ง. EDITING. ...
1.9K 66 26
I can't choose which person is my person ( Neymar and Kylian fanfic)
221K 4.6K 76
Little scenarios that find themselves lodged in my brain about NBA players and Harry styles. Welcome to hell, enjoy yourself :)
219K 2.2K 64
Juss read it to find out ;) Some might be rated R๐Ÿ˜