They Call It Depression {edit...

By savanah_leah

Even though it's been years, Mackenzie Hart is still haunted by her past. She was a good student, with a lovi... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Epilogue
Afterword
Author's Note

Prologue

893 43 9
By savanah_leah

If God could do a miracle in your life, what would it be?

I've asked myself that question a hundred times. There are many different ways it can be answered.

Some would say "letting my spouse and I still be married." Others would say "bringing my mom back from the dead." And still others would simply say "helping me pass the math test on Monday."

And yet there are others who wouldn't know how to answer the question. Maybe they don't believe in God, or any god at all. Or maybe they just think they're already living a blessed life, and they don't see any room for improvement. Some would even scoff and say that they don't believe in miracles.

I used to fall into that category. My life was such a mess, I couldn't see a way out. I was too depressed, too alone, too far gone to even deserve a miracle. At least that's what I thought.

But you see, it doesn't matter who you are or where you've been. The truth is that everyone deserves a miracle. Not everyone will get it, but that's the beauty of it. That's what makes it special. God chooses to give some what they want, and use others for His glory. He reveals Himself through other people's hardships. Their failures, their depression, their stories.

And my story is definitely one of those. I used to think I could never be helped, that no one would ever love me, and that I didn't deserve happiness. But I came to realize that it's not about me.

In the Bible, there's a verse that reads, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." As long as you have God on your side, you can do anything, right? That's what I always thought it meant. But a good friend of mine taught me that it's not about what we can do with God's help; it's about what God can do through us.

You may not understand, or believe that you are worthy of His love. I know I didn't.

Let me walk you through my journey. I'll show you where it all began...

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2K 83 28
16 year old Shelby Thompson lives in Springville, Utah with her mother and father, three brothers and a sister. Shelby went to church every Sunday, a...
48 0 1
In the Novel Redemption the main character Emma Ames finds herself unable to outrun the mysterious death of her father Matthew. When her mother Beth...
212K 8.9K 23
'Accidents happen'. That's what people say. Yet, some accidents take away from us more than others. Ethan had it all. Everything was lined up in fr...
Her Last Wish By Bia

Teen Fiction

699K 20.7K 39
Tiana Collin's life is horrible and she knows this. With an abusive father and a druggie for a mother and with absolutely no friends at school, she d...