Secrecy - Book 1: Curse (On H...

By Iera42

When a young royal finds himself falling for the woman forbidden to him by his people, he breaks all conventi... More

Chapter 1 - A Fragment Of Memories
Chapter 2 - Hello Little King
Chapter 3 - Attractive Stranger
Chapter 4 - The Charming Prince

Prologue

337 4 8
By Iera42

“Did you ever hear about the White Fay, your highness?” Leon, one of my knights, asked me.

Well he was more like a friend to me, or a brother that always looked after me.

 “Leon, there is nobody here, you may cut the ‘your highness’ crap, and yes, I have heard about him, or her.” I muttered the last part.

 He chuckled. “Of course. I apologize for my rudeness." He said, sarcastically.

 I glared at him. “Haha, Funny.”

"You never change." Leon said, half-grinned and shook his head.

I rolled my eyes and settled it back on him. "A year and you expect me to change into someone else."

"Nope but at least you speak politely with others” he chuckled.

 “Yeah, yeah whatever… Why did you ask me about the White Fay anyway, have you met him?!” I asked getting very excited.

 I would kill to meet with the person called White Fay, literally.

 “Of course not, but I have heard that SHE lives in the heart of the Magic Forest, some say that there is a tree that lived hundreds and thousands of years at the middle of the Magic Forest, that tree is called 'The Heart Of The Forest'. It was the biggest tree in the world.”

 I sighed. Ignoring the word 'SHE' he just said “But the nearer we are to the heart of the forest the stronger the witches that live there.”

For these past two months, I have been searching the information about the person that was called ‘White Fay’. He was said to be living in the Heart of the Magic Forest, he was said to be the only witch that have a good heart. Whatever they said, I think White Fay was a guy. Guys usually stronger, right?

 “Wrong” Leon said.

 Ignoring him knowing that I accidentally said it out loud... Again.

 He can heal any disease, the reason why I was searching for this person was because the Queen of the neighbour kingdom, Elysium, Queen Elesion was sick and she was pregnant with their first heir and that maybe the first and last for her. They have been waiting for almost ten years for a baby. Tyvor, the King of Elysium and I am the King of Euphrasia. Tyvor was my childhood friend and he was like a brother to me. He tried to persuade his wife to abort the baby but she really loved her baby more than herself and what do I know, I am a guy.

 “And you not marry, yet” Leon said.

 Oh! And that too! Wait what?

 “How can you read my mind?!”

 “Aiden, you just said it out loud… Again…” he chuckled quietly.

 “Oh… Right”

 I was known as the scary King that made people shiver while standing in front of me obviously Leon was not on the list of those people but I am not really scary it just like my mask as a King after learning the hard way. Well, my dad the previous King known as the most kind-hearted one and loved by all but sadly with his soft nature other kingdom decided to step all over him.

One of the Duke in our kingdom betryed us and worked for our neighbour to overthrow our kingdom. The Duke tricked my dad and killed him and while we were kingless they attacked us with a fake reason. Our kingdom was consider one of the small kingdom compared to the kingdoms around us and could easily lost the war but Tyvor lend us a hand and I killed the Duke and the kingdom's King. The kingdom no longer bear it's name but mine and we were no longer known for one of the small kingdom but rank in number ten of the largest of thirty kingdoms.

Even though I was consider too young for a King but I manage it just fine but what happen would never made me other people again except Leon, Tyvor and his family and a few of my knights. I spoke my mind without caring who it was and that kind of pissed off some kingdoms and they tattletale me in the Kings Conference and I was sent to 'learn how to become proper King' from Tyvor (he volunteer and they let him do it beacuse he was the closest to my age. Sending me to an old man won't help me do it). I have been gone with Tyvor to other kingdoms and learned how a King should act and Leon was left as my stand-in but still report to me.

I came home and end the lesson earlier than the deal after Tyvor got the news that Elesion condition got worst and they agree to end it after all of the kingdoms I went with Tyvor gave their positive comments about my 'new attitude'. 

 One of the important thing I learned from Leon was, a King could not acted liked I acted before because it was inappropriate. A King have to always calm and composed all the time couldn't be rude and complain at all.

 "You mean 'Childish'?" Leon smirked at me.

 "Hey! I'm not childish!" I said that came out kind of whined at him.

 “Childish” Leon whispered under his breath and earned a glared from me.

 And another thing I am not old! It is because Tvyor married early. He got married at the age of eighteen! 

 "Well that was ordinary for a King" Leon said quietly.

 "I didn’t find the right one yet." 

 "It's not you didn't find the right one but you complained a lot that all the woman ran away from you." He said mockingly.

 I glared at him. If only glare could kill, he would be dead a long time ago!

 “We have arrives your highness” One of the knights that escort me opened the carriage door.

 I was already arrive at Tvyor castle. Even though, I already been here for a countless time but his  always made me envy him. Tyvor himself designed his castle and it was known as the almost impossible castle to invade. Their old castle was destroy in a war only half of it remained. His father died in that war and he took his placed as a King at the age of 16. He was the youngest King in history. Oh and he won the war. Since then, I admired him and hoped that I can be a King as amazing as him.

 I was here to visit Elesion and inform Tvyor about White Fay but maybe he won’t believe me.

 And boy I was so wrong.

 “Aiden, you don’t have to come with us. It's really dangerous.” Tyvor said.

 “Tyvor, you're like my brother, how could I let my brother enjoy all the fun” I smirked at him.

 He sighed and smiled. “You never change.”

 I glared at him. “Really? Seriously you sound like Leon to me, are you two ganged up on me or what?” I said.

 When we were little, Leon always take care and watch us when we play and sometimes we force him to play with us but then he ended up being scold at but back then we never really understood why he was scolded. We were just playing and Leon was almost the same age as us. I was two years younger than Tvyor and Leon were two years older than Tvyor.

 We were on our way to find the White Fay. I brought Leon, Eric, Adrian,and Alex and Tyvor brought Dedrick, Nathaniel, Derek, and Ames our most trustworthy knights and Tyvor also brought Aria and Aida his most trusted servant to take care of Elesion. Our mission was kept a secret from others kingdoms because if they knew that we were far away from our kingdoms they might tried to start a war.

 Long ago, this world was full of magic, it was a really beautiful and amazing but one day, a very, very evil Witches used their magic to control the world. They killed a lot of good Witches, Wizards and anything and anyone who can use magic.

Then a very powerful witch known as White Fay because of his good heart (or his amazing white hair, I'm not really sure) he lock up all the evil witches in the Magic Forest so that they cannot hurt other peoples and lock himself along with all magic creatures in the Magic Forest. Ordinary people can go in and out of the Magic Forest freely but all witches and wizards or even someone who has a small amount of magic power can’t go out of the forest ever.

 We brought as little people as we can to avoid been detected by the Witches or other countries.

Suddenly I felt a really dark power that send chill to my entire body. I stopped.

 “King Aiden? Is there anything wrong?” Leon asked me.

 “I think we should go to the left.”

 "But I heard it's better if we take one road.” Adrian said.

Adrian was the one who collected all the information we have about Magic Forest and the White Fay but my instinct didn't agree with him.

 “No we should follow what King Aiden said.” Leon reply.

Adrian was about to protest but Tyvor was also agree with Leon.

 This is a secret I have been keeping since I was young. Only Leon and Tvyor knew about this, I have a power to sense magic. So, I was suppose to stay lock up in the Magic Forest. That is why I have to make sure this secret will never be reveal but the weird things was I can walk in or out of the Magic Forest freely like ordinary people. I think maybe that because I was not really should be born with this power.

When my mother was about to give birth to me, she was attacked by a witch because evil witch can become stronger if they eat an almost born baby from the mother womb, she died giving birth to me but my father never hate witch. He said that not all Witches were evil. He was the last person that saw White Fay, before I never believe him and thought that maybe he was just hallucinating because he just lost my mother but now I knew that he was not making it up. He told me that White Fay was really beautiful. He or she saved me and took the evil Witch to lock her in the Magic Forest.

 It has been almost a week and Elesion condition worsen each day passed but we didn't find the Heart of the Magic Forest. All the trees here were bigger than ordinary tree I can’t imagine how big the tree heart of the Magic Forest anyway. 

We have been depending on my instinct. I have to admit that the Magic Forest suit it's name. We didn't met any weird creature or witch but my instict told me there were lots of magic creature lived here. I just conclude that we were staying on the good side and the good side creature avoid us.

 “Okay we better rest here for today” Leon said as the leader of the knights and this mission.

We light up a fire to warm ourselves. Today Leon and Ames turn to stay awake for watched. Every day, we pair up two knights for watched. I had volunteered myself to stay for watched but they refuse to let me stay up beacuse I was a King. This was one of the thing I hated being a king, for me all of my knights were my friends. We love our country and would die to protect it, so what was so different about us anyone. We were all human and I know this knid of thought kill my dad but I can't help it, I'm his son after all.

I woke up and noticed that it was already dawn. I was puzzled to see that Leon and Ames were sleeping. Even though, he was tired as hell Leon would never sleep. This was really weird, I approached him and touch his shoulder. I was shocked to find that he was under a spell.

Then I remember I woke up because I heard a very beautiful voice singing. Suddenly, I felt warm and calm, White Fay! I got up and followed the magic I sense and I heard the same voice singing, it was so warm and beautiful. When I heard the voice getting louder I saw a really,really big willow tree. That must be the tree and my guts told me I'm right.

 I approached the tree quietly and saw a really beautiful woman almost my age.

 “Err… Hello?” I said slowly.

 When she saw me her eyes went wide.

 “But… But I already put a spell on all of you. You should be sleeping right now.” She said puzzled.

 “Err… No you just woke me up”

 “But how?” Then she started to mumble something that I couldn’t understand. “Why are you still standing!” she freak out. Okaaayy so, she was trying to put a spell on me.

 “It won't work… White Fay put a proctecting spell on me when I was a child to protect me… err aren’t you White Fay?”

 “No that was my mother”

 “Your mother? Good! Now let us meet your mother and wait was? Did you just said saw?”

 “Yes… My mother died last year”

 "But who protecting this place anyway?”

 “I am”

 “So you are the new White Fay?” I asked slowly.

 “Yes! Wait, I am the new White Fay?!”

 “You just realize it!” Seriously!

 “But my mother just told me that people called her White Fay and when she died she asked me to take care of this forest but she never told me that I would be the next White Fay! OH MY GOD!! I never knew I be holding this big responsibility!”

 Then she started to freak out again…

 After her freak out moment that was really cute. She agree to cure Elesion and I found out that her name was Fatamorgana and I can called her Morgana and she could go in and out of Magic Forest freely but she never went out because her mother never brought her out before and she had to put a spell on the heart of the Magic Forest a.k.a the big willow tree to put like a shield around the Magic Forest every time seasons changed, well, she not suppose to tell me but she accidently said it again.

She also told me that most of the trees near the willow tree were actually very evil witches. She said that the evil the heart of a witch or a wizard the stronger they were and the uglier the witch. The evil witches and wizards were ugly because of the negative magic they use. White Fay has a good heart and use magic for good that is why all the previous White Fay was beautiful.

She follow me and heal Elesion. The next morning Leon and Ames freak out and would not stop apologizing and did not let me explained or even spoke one word. Until Elesion woke up which was half an hour later saying that she suddenly feel a lot better, then, for another half and hour they all freak out including Tyvor(and that was really rare because he never ever freak out before except when he found out his wife pregnant) it was a really amusing view. They all stop freaking out when Elesion suddenly asked me what happen and I told them the about the White Fay.

They never get to see her because she said it was for her own good, her mother said so. After we went home I can’t stop thinking about Morgana.

 “I think I love her” I said.

 "That is a good news! Who?” Leon asked me.

 “Morgana”

 “What? The White Fay?”

 “Who else do you think…”

 “Right... Well whoever it is I always got your back Aiden.”

Suddenly, Leon said something I don't think ever came out of his mouth "I don't think I can agree with Tyvor..."

 "What! Why?" Tyvor and me asked at the same time.

 "I don't want a guy to be our Queen and you can't have heir" Leon said with a straight face.

 "What the hell, Leon! I already told you White Fay is a girl!" I almost shouted at him.

 "I can't believe there will be a day the that THE STUBBORN AIDEN finally admit he is wrong! We should write about it in history book." Leon fake cried.

 And that earned him a murderous glared and a King that rolled on the floor laughing his ass off. Really mature you guys...

 When I asked Tvyor and Elesion for an advice they encourage me to do it.

 A week later I took Leon with me to the magic Forest to find Morgana. At first, she was really happy because she felt the same but then Morgana being Morgana she started to freak out. After her freak out moment, we come to a solution that she would come back here for a week every month. Even though it was supposed to be every three months, she insist to visit every month beacuse she wanted to meet her friends that I bet was not humans. But it would be kept a secret to protect ourselve and our kingdom.

Most kingdoms oppose our marriage because mostly some of them just scared that if war happen my kingdom would definitely won but Tvyor gave his word that I would never declared war but if they started it I can return the favour and they have to listen to him because his kingdom was the largest and strongest on the land and the others said that a King should never married a witch. The day of our wedding was also the day Tvyor junior born. Prince Bennett Adrian Elysium and two years after that Princess Emily Adrienne Euphrasia was born, my baby girl.

__________________________________________________________

A/N: My long lost story XD Thanks Miera for helping me checking my grammar mistake (at least half of it because she's too lazy :P) and for the lovely title~ And thanks for reading... Review please~~~

p.s: I have re-write this and hopefully it's better than before. :) Don't forget to vote and tell me what you think. Oh. Fan me too!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

347K 9.7K 24
" Sometimes we need to forget the people in our past, because they don't belong in our future." At least that is what Fay told herself. Fay is an ome...
276 21 8
In the remnants of a world reshaped by cataclysm, survival is dictated by a harsh new rule - the survival of the fittest. Amidst the ruins, society h...
273 28 11
Ally has lived a normal life. Other then her headaches, will to stay away from other people, and the weird way light acts around her, she's completel...
33.2K 2.9K 30
Greta Mueller has a good life. She lives with her fraternal twin Hans Mueller and works in the fashion industry. The problem is Greta's boss is a wit...